PDA

View Full Version : PC Please, I need absolutely help!

Lightmaster
Jul 13, 2012, 05:26 AM
I'm very angry, :( I had waited 12 hours to download the game and I successfully registered my SEGA ID but when it comes to the auto-patcher path ... well it's the most frustrating stage of my entire life: I have also to wait 1-2hrs then it says HTTP error or similar and the patcher shuts, then I have to redo it! :-?

I downloaded the game from the official website, you guys where did you download it?

Please help me, since I'm nether Japanese or English abitual speaker\writer\reader.:disapprove:

Thanks for reading

Taurus83
Jul 13, 2012, 07:16 AM
used this link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7FAiDsjbtNCRFlrdy1kN28tWTQ/edit?pli=1 not sure able to patch it or not coz never used it before. Ur problem I face it too athrought i try 2nd time and leave where i when to sleep till i wake up in morning the patch completed without getting error must be that time not having network congested.

Mag-X
Jul 13, 2012, 09:16 AM
used this link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7FAiDsjbtNCRFlrdy1kN28tWTQ/edit?pli=1 not sure able to patch it or not coz never used it before. Ur problem I face it too athrought i try 2nd time and leave where i when to sleep till i wake up in morning the patch completed without getting error must be that time not having network congested.

What?

Taurus83
Jul 13, 2012, 10:41 AM
What?

it meant failed to update the patch where sudden no reponse from the server or being time out for network connection, just have to try again to redownload the patch files

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
I downloaded from the official site and got those errors too while using the downloader.

Just click start download again and it continued where it left off.

Never had any errors while patching, although it took about 3 hours.... 2 hours to download the game.

Tessu
Jul 13, 2012, 11:06 AM
I wish I could help. Could you maybe post a screenshot of the error? How many times have you tried to re-do it? Sometimes, patchers are fussy and need to be restarted.

Yexes
Jul 13, 2012, 11:59 AM
What needs "absolutely help" is your grammar.

iSaki
Jul 13, 2012, 12:07 PM
What needs "absolutely help" is your grammar.

Please help me, since I'm nether Japanese or English abitual speaker\writer\reader.:disapprove:

Thanks for reading

Yexes, I'd like to see you grammar in a foreign language that you don't study.

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 12:10 PM
Yexes, I'd like to see you grammar in a foreign language that you don't study.

Ignore him. Just another internet turd.

Lightmaster
Jul 17, 2012, 05:18 AM
I wish I could help. Could you maybe post a screenshot of the error? How many times have you tried to re-do it? Sometimes, patchers are fussy and need to be restarted.

Ok, I'll do it, just wait ... so if i download from the Official website is ok, but man!:nono:

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 05:26 AM
It looks like it resets but it doesn't. The files are still left saved on the hard drive somewhere in my documents. Why they chose that location to store temp files is beyond me, but they're there and stay there even if you cancel and restart the download.

You'll just need to stay there and keep restarting it.

Lightmaster
Jul 17, 2012, 08:58 AM
It looks like it resets but it doesn't. The files are still left saved on the hard drive somewhere in my documents. Why they chose that location to store temp files is beyond me, but they're there and stay there even if you cancel and restart the download.

You'll just need to stay there and keep restarting it.

If that's it then ... why do it takes so long even the second time? I'm waitng from 3 hours today but still patching:-?

Ana-Chan
Jul 17, 2012, 05:24 PM
Why they chose that location to store temp files is beyond me, but they're there and stay there even if you cancel and restart the download.

SEGA have actually done things which is being seen as good practice in programming (per user settings, the game in Unicode) so don't think too hard about it. The patcher would be downloading it to either there, AppData or ProgramData (or wherever it is under AllUsers on Windows XP), so they decided to keep things together.
Just be glad that it is only the initial patch which is painful, and from the updated patcher, it actually installs files while it downloads.

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 05:28 PM
SEGA have actually done things which is being seen as good practice in programming (per user settings, the game in Unicode) so don't think too hard about it. The patcher would be downloading it to either there, AppData or ProgramData (or wherever it is under AllUsers on Windows XP), so they decided to keep things together.
Just be glad that it is only the initial patch which is painful, and from the updated patcher, it actually installs files while it downloads.

No, I get that, I've just never ever heard of using anything in my documents as a temp folder. Only appdata.

I'm not about to argue with it though. It's a lot easier to figure out when it's all in one place. It took me far too long to even try looking in my documents.

It's taking a while because it's probably a big patch, and the download probably isn't the fastest you're able to download. Just keep at it.

Lightmaster
Jul 18, 2012, 05:46 AM
Done! It has been just a matter of luck, now it runs well and with sound ... the only thing i don't actually understand is the lad\save function (I usually save and load with katakana text like セーブ)