DeathByPogs
Jul 13, 2012, 06:17 AM
So its been conmfirmed on the bumped blog

Xane
Jul 13, 2012, 07:02 AM
Eh, I'll stay on the JP servers.

ashley50
Jul 13, 2012, 07:03 AM
Does this actually need its OWN thread saying only a line about it? (no period even).

Lostbob117
Jul 13, 2012, 07:10 AM
Does this actually need its OWN thread saying only a line about it? (no period even).

He was only letting people know, there's no need for bashing this thread.

Also, oh well like it matters, the japanese people and English can't really communicate. I bet the only reason some people wants global is to keep their characters.

EvilMag
Jul 13, 2012, 07:11 AM
No global servers?

SEREBII SAKAI CONFIRMED!

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 13, 2012, 07:14 AM
He was only letting people know, there's no need for bashing this thread.

Also, oh well like it matters, the japanese people and English can't really communicate. I bet the only reason some people wants global is to keep their characters.

No, we want stuff to be updated like the original game and not some reskins

Lostbob117
Jul 13, 2012, 07:27 AM
No, we want stuff to be updated like the original game and not some reskins

Oh so you're one of those people who thinks we'll get reskins? Well just to let you know that the reasons for reskins was they had to go through microsoft, do you think they could afford that money with having to pay for updates and microsoft already for the game servers. Now that pso2 is actually fun they will have a shit loads of people on the game and will be able to afford what they need for the game.

Cyclon
Jul 13, 2012, 08:36 AM
Ah well. I'll probably play on both then, if I'm not IP-banned from the JP servers. At least I get another character for free

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 08:42 AM
Oh well, not much you can do and it was expected as such....

Stay on JPN if you want to, think I'll try the NA version to see what's up.

KurotenZer0
Jul 13, 2012, 08:47 AM
Oh so you're one of those people who thinks we'll get reskins? Well just to let you know that the reasons for reskins was they had to go through microsoft, do you think they could afford that money with having to pay for updates and microsoft already for the game servers. Now that pso2 is actually fun they will have a shit loads of people on the game and will be able to afford what they need for the game.

Question; wasn't PSU not only a paid for game, but also a game with a subscription fee as well? And a lot of people know Microsoft has poor business strategies (mostly when it comes to games and the entertainment industry) but that's got nothing to do with any potential *tweaks* we might get in future NA/EU updates. That's got something to do with 1) what content is "appropriate" over here (Guns blood gore = A-Ok, scantily clad pixels = No), and 2) the effort SoA puts into considering the feelings of a fanbase who is already skeptical with their performance.

As someone who has only heard bad things about Phantasy Star Universe in general, I myself am a little worried now that SoJ has basically said they want nothing to do with us across the seas. I think there's a heavy weight on these guy's shoulders now, and even though they know that; they can either carry it into a new and better expirence, or let it be another failed attempt at importing a really great game...

KoC
Jul 13, 2012, 08:51 AM
Ugh, things are not going to get pretty for NA/EU version...

BogusKun
Jul 13, 2012, 08:52 AM
There should be a petition. PSO2 should only get released in the west ONLY IF... the game comes F2P as a download or PRE-LOADED on Wii-U if it gets delayed into 2013.

Screw the Vita, it's not worth much in America. No one I know who has the Vita even uses it. Plus, why would you want to play this game on 3G/4G on a phone when data charges are extremely high.

LET'S START THE PETITION! Wii-U release!

bryanbtje
Jul 13, 2012, 09:01 AM
Bugos. Just stop. -.-

Lostbob117
Jul 13, 2012, 09:15 AM
Question; wasn't PSU not only a paid for game, but also a game with a subscription fee as well? And a lot of people know Microsoft has poor business strategies (mostly when it comes to games and the entertainment industry) but that's got nothing to do with any potential *tweaks* we might get in future NA/EU updates. That's got something to do with 1) what content is "appropriate" over here (Guns blood gore = A-Ok, scantily clad pixels = No), and 2) the effort SoA puts into considering the feelings of a fanbase who is already skeptical with their performance.

As someone who has only heard bad things about Phantasy Star Universe in general, I myself am a little worried now that SoJ has basically said they want nothing to do with us across the seas. I think there's a heavy weight on these guy's shoulders now, and even though they know that; they can either carry it into a new and better expirence, or let it be another failed attempt at importing a really great game...

Did you even look at the big picture?

Ithildin
Jul 13, 2012, 09:20 AM
Is anyone really surprised by this? I remember back on GC the Japanese tried to stay well away from the rest of us. Could you blame them? No. I had a few Japanese friends, even on PSU 360. I've met plenty of rude and immature Westerners but never an unpleasant Japanese. Ah well, life goes on.

DemonMike
Jul 13, 2012, 09:24 AM
There should be a petition. PSO2 should only get released in the west ONLY IF... the game comes F2P as a download or PRE-LOADED on Wii-U if it gets delayed into 2013.

Screw the Vita, it's not worth much in America. No one I know who has the Vita even uses it. Plus, why would you want to play this game on 3G/4G on a phone when data charges are extremely high.

LET'S START THE PETITION! Wii-U release!

Don't be so ridiculous. There's already a thread about this, stick to that as this is irrelevant to the topic at hand. Also, your post comes across as slightly fanboy-ish, please reconsider your stance on 'console wars'.

Back on topic..

Pretty much knew this was going to happen, the logistics of it all wouldn't have made sense but it's going to undermine a lot of confidence in the localisation.

People intending on playing the NA/EU server, it's not too late. Do everything you possibly can to positively mingle with the Japanese community. Even if you don't understand much Japanese, there are guides here which should allow you to establish a bare minimum amount of communication.