PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Global Server Petition/Get Segas Attention!

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
Well I'm not happy at all. Not one bit. I won't stand by without trying to do something... I know a petition doesn't really work that much, but Sega claims to be blown away by us, so lets try get there attention one last time, all or nothing!

PSO2 Petition (http://www.change.org/petitions/phantasy-star-online-2-global-servers-please-make-servers-global-in-phantasy-star-online-2#)

Also I realize this is in English, and I'm not gonna google translate it, so could someone who is fluent in Japanese translate, and or maybe write out a better petition letter in Japanese? It would be extremely helpful!
------------------------

In light of recent events, I need to clarify, well, A LOT!

1)I clearly know that this petition is a long shot, that it could almost be considered a pipe dream, but before you go any further lemme remind you that not all petitions fail, and Sega DOES listen, Virtua Fighter anyone?

2)Even if Sega sees this, they probably won't go Global still for many reasons but, that does not mean we can't let them know that we are dissatisfied with there past support of US Phantasy Star titles.

3)NO TROLLING/FLAMING/HATING! Yes we all have different opinions and you have a right too it, but if you're going to come in here and say you disagree, atleast do so with respect and I too will respect you, it's not hard...

I apologize in advance to anyone who doesn't want a Global Server!

------------------------
So if by now you have decided to sign the petition, then great! Thank you for your support! But you may be wandering what else you can do?
All I ask is for people to spread the word, to tell your fellow PSO buddies what's up. Let them know there are others out there who understand how they feel and that we can all make a stand to get Sega's attention :D Like I said, we may not be able to go 100% Global, but we can atleast let them know we are not happy with there past service and would like a guarantee or something to let us know things WILL be different this time!

Deja
Jul 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
It seems as though they can't merge them because of censorship issues, country codes, etc., so a petition won't really get us anywhere. The internet was a different place back when PSO came out, but nowadays things are policed differently.

I really want to play this game in English, and on a server that won't be 20 years behind the Japanese, but that won't come true, I fear...

Thermalwolf
Hahahahahahahahaha

Seriously losing faith in humanity ^^;

BIG OLAF
This will do nothing. It's time to nut up and just accept facts, sorry to say.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 11:48 AM
It seems as though they can't merge them because of censorship issues, country codes, etc., so a petition won't really get us anywhere. The internet was a different place back when PSO came out, but nowadays things are policed differently.

I really want to play this game in English, and on a server that won't be 20 years behind the Japanese, but that won't come true, I fear...

Whenever people are mad about unjust laws, aren't we supposed to speak up and do something? What's sitting around gonna do, we can change laws... Is it a stretch just for a game? Sure, but sitting here saying it's worthless... Well that's just inhuman to me.

Also lemme get this straight, y'all can bitch about it in a 20 page thread but when it comes to atleast signing a petition and TRYING it's worth nothing. Wow you guys, just... wow.........

Rizen
Jul 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
As much as I would like to be optimistic, its not happening. ^^; Wishful thinking!

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 12:01 PM

Pretty much this.

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 12:02 PM
I think this is all getting ahead of itself way too early...wait till the NA server is actually up and active first before making judgement. Everyone is judging SoA based off previous events, until the game is truly out in NA we really dont know what this experience this time around will be like. Give it a chance and have some hope, jumping to conclusions wont solve anything

Meruru
Jul 13, 2012, 12:04 PM
I like your enthusiasm ^^ signed~ . It's better than doing nothing even if the chances are slim.

NoiseHERO
This...

Hahahahahahahahaha

Because This...

And because petitions for cult following games never get anywhere.

Hell I'm assuming most petitions for games with billions of fans barely get anywhere. I wonder how many naive/desperate Diablo3 fans made "petitions"...?

iSaki
People whined for months about the censorship for Tera. I doubt the result will be any different for PSO2.

Also....granted while playing the game while being able to read everything is nice and all, I would hate to have the NA PSU lobbies in PSO2 Jap.

Yexes
Jul 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
Well I'm not happy at all. Not one bit. I won't stand by without trying to do something... I know a petition doesn't really work that much, but Sega claims to be blown away by us, so lets try get there attention one last time, all or nothing!

PSO2 Petition (http://www.change.org/petitions/phantasy-star-online-2-global-servers-please-make-servers-global-in-phantasy-star-online-2#)

Also I realize this is in English, and I'm not gonna google translate it, so could someone who is fluent in Japanese translate, and or maybe write out a better petition letter in Japanese? It would be extremely helpful!

I really think we can pull this off if EVERYBODY pulls together on this. We got there attention once, WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
I'm also gonna start working on some cooling looking forum sigs for this, so stay tuned for more goodies and ways YOU can help to bring PSO2 truly global and one of a kind!

They're obviously going to let your characters transfer inbetween somehow.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
Ain't gonna work /thread

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:06 PM
I think this is all getting ahead of itself way too early...wait till the NA server is actually up and active first before making judgement. Everyone is judging SoA based off previous events, until the game is truly out in NA we really dont know what this experience this time around will be like. Give it a chance and have some hope, jumping to conclusions wont solve anything

Look even if this doesn't make the game global, we can atleast grab Sega's attention and let them know WE DO NOT LIKE WHAT'S TO COME! With this maybe they will atleast make an effort this time to make the NA servers good.

Guys it takes a whole 10 seconds to sign this damn thing, if you don't have anything nice to say about it then just don't bother posting cause you're not a real fan if you won't atleast try.

We went through a lot of effort just to get on the servers, between downloading a game that's in a completely different language, navigate the Sega ID site, and try to mingle with the local, but lord forbid you sign a petition.

Come on guys is this really that bad to try? Am I really offending people with making an effort to get there attention with a simple petition? For real please explain where I'm worse then those complaining about the issue.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:07 PM
I like your enthusiasm ^^ signed~ . It's better than doing nothing even if the chances are slim.

FINALLY! Thank you so much, atleast someone understands....

Ce'Nedra
Jul 13, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but I have never heard of a petition from a fanbase to work for videogames.

Heck they even tried with when Sega went ahead and shut down PC/PS2 PSU servers for US/EU. Dunno how many people signed it, including yours truly, but nothing happend at all.

These are decisions made long time ago probarly, that and they clearly stated they can't have global servers because of the diffrent laws in each country and censorships etc.

Given all that, to make your day happy I signed it as well. I like giving people a happy day.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but I have never heard of a petition from a fanbase to work for videogames.

Heck they even tried with when Sega went ahead and shut down PC/PS2 PSU servers for US/EU. Dunno how many people signed it, including yours truly, but nothing happend at all.

These are decisions made long time ago probarly, that and they clearly stated they can't have global servers because of the diffrent laws in each country and censorships etc.

Don't care, still gonna try. It's that attitude that makes petitions fail "Oh they never work so why would this one" because nobody is actually trying! Btw I remember a 14 year old girl not to long ago that made a magazine swear to not photoshop it's teen photos anymore. Yes it's not a game, but fashion is a much larger base then a video game.

If a 14 year old girl can make a multi-million dollar company change it's habits, WHY CAN'T WE?! Oyeah, and it was via petition to I might add!!!!!

kp77
Jul 13, 2012, 12:18 PM
Get the petition done in Japanese and then maybe some might start thinking about it, or taking it seriously.
Still don't think you're going to reverse a decision that was strategically made.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120706038/index_2.html

Or did you not read that?

And have you not realized that culturally global servers will fail.

Daemyn
Jul 13, 2012, 12:19 PM
Went and signed it :/ at least it was something.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:19 PM
Get the petition done in Japanese and then maybe some might start thinking about it, or taking it seriously.
Still don't think you're going to reverse a decision that was strategically made.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120706038/index_2.html

Or did you not read that?

And have you not realized that culturally global servers will fail.

Final Fantasy 11, PSO Dreamcast?

Also If you read the OP I'm asking for someone to translate.

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 12:24 PM

Again, good point.

Let's actually wait and see what happens with the server first before we start judging...

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:26 PM
Again, good point.

Let's actually wait and see what happens with the server first before we start judging...

This and the other guys post I understand, but considering SoA history, do you REALLLLY wanna leave it to chance, hmm?

Look guys, you don't have to do anything more then click sign, that's it, then walk away if you want.

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 12:26 PM
Look even if this doesn't make the game global, we can atleast grab Sega's attention and let them know WE DO NOT LIKE WHAT'S TO COME! With this maybe they will atleast make an effort this time to make the NA servers good.

Guys it takes a whole 10 seconds to sign this damn thing, if you don't have anything nice to say about it then just don't bother posting cause you're not a real fan if you won't atleast try.

We went through a lot of effort just to get on the servers, between downloading a game that's in a completely different language, navigate the Sega ID site, and try to mingle with the local, but lord forbid you sign a petition.

Come on guys is this really that bad to try? Am I really offending people with making an effort to get there attention with a simple petition? For real please explain where I'm worse then those complaining about the issue.

How do you not like whats to come if you havent even tasted it yet? How do you know the NA servers arent going to be good? Like i said, too early and assumptuous, not even giving it a chance before making threads like this diesnt persuade people like me.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:30 PM
How do you not like whats to come if you havent even tasted it yet? How do you know the NA servers arent going to be good? Like i said, too early and assumptuous, not even giving it a chance before making threads like this diesnt persuade people like me.

Again, with the track record SoA has, do you wanna leave that to chance? Like I said, if we can't get global, then we can atleast let SoA know how disappointed we are with how they have treated us in the past and want things different. When I find someone who's willing to properly translate, I'll make sure that's added into the letter.

TheSnowmanEffect
Jul 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
cause you're not a real fan if you won't atleast try.This petition so pro. (http://youareanidiot.org/)

Garnet_Moon
Jul 13, 2012, 12:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ielkw.png

CapitalG
Jul 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
I think that this is just some PR spin on why they aren't making global servers, unless they state a specific law that would prevent them from doing it. Oh well. Doesn't bother me too much. But I think maybe you should direct a petition at SoA so that they might be more wiling to keep up on their end. Make it widely known that there are enough people who are willing to play and support their product, and maybe they'll keep better prepared to give us a better game experience than what we're used to from them.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
This petition so pro. (http://youareanidiot.org/)

Don't care.

http://i.imgur.com/Ielkw.png

Don't care.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 13, 2012, 12:39 PM
I think that this is just some PR spin on why they aren't making global servers, unless they state a specific law that would prevent them from doing it. Oh well. Doesn't bother me too much. But I think maybe you should direct a petition at SoA so that they might be more wiling to keep up on their end. Make it widely known that there are enough people who are willing to play and support their product, and maybe they'll keep better prepared to give us a better game experience than what we're used to from them.

They don't even have to state the obvious bakagaijin or anything. They can go the route of saying it's to allow the best possible connection for your region.

I mean, we all know there's a very, very, very, very, very, very, very slight ping/latency issue with connecting to a Japanese server from the States. Who knows, all that lag could lead to an exploit like it does in certain games where.... the less room you have in your bandwidth to play, the more godlike you become. Not to name names, of course.

And besides, if you remember the Tsunami Earthquake... nearly 90% of all young Americans tweeted/facebook'd/etc'd how it was payback for pearl harbor.

Yeah... don't expect to be playing with them if you aren't already doing so now.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
They don't even have to state the obvious bakagaijin or anything. They can go the route of saying it's to allow the best possible connection for your region.

I mean, we all know there's a very, very, very, very, very, very, very slight ping/latency issue with connecting to a Japanese server from the States. Who knows, all that lag could lead to an exploit like it does in certain games where.... the less room you have in your bandwidth to play, the more godlike you become. Not to name names, of course.

And besides, if you remember the Tsunami Earthquake... nearly 90% of all young Americans tweeted/facebook'd/etc'd how it was payback for pearl harbor.

Yeah... don't expect to be playing with them if you aren't already doing so now.

I'm not asking the racist people who don't understand war from a natural disaster, I'm asking the fans that care, but I get your point.

Daemyn
Jul 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
Might be better off just emailing SoJ and SoA.

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 12:49 PM
Latency is already bad as it is, so no.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:50 PM
Latency is already bad as it is, so no.

Almost all of us get very little to no lag. Invest in a better computer or connection possibly.

Daemyn
Jul 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
I can't hardly notice the lag unless I try to pick up 9752469856459874893 items from some cross burst xD.

xBladeM6x
Jul 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
As much as I would support this, it's just not possible. They've already stated it's not due to them not wanting to do it, but more because the laws / trade policies of different countries conflict.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
As much as I would support this, it's just not possible. They've already stated it's not due to them not wanting to do it, but more because the laws / trade policies of different countries conflict.

Re-wording my petition a bit, but I still feel that is a cop out. FFXIV is global and it's only a few years old. PSU 360 is still global. If these laws were so important they would have segregated those games. Just saying.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 13, 2012, 01:03 PM
Re-wording my petition a bit, but I still feel that is a cop out. FFXIV is global and it's only a few years old. PSU 360 is still global. If these laws were so important they would have segregated those games. Just saying.
When I played PSU360, I noticed quite a bunch... of idiots and people I wouldn't even want to play with. I would imagine that had some weight on the decision to not make PSO2 global.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 13, 2012, 01:04 PM
i signed it, but unless you manage to rally an "Operation Rainfall" kind of support group going and get 10k - 100k ppl to sign I doubt this will make SoJ change their minds.

mctastee
Jul 13, 2012, 01:05 PM
Just like this post, this petition is pointless.

xBladeM6x
Jul 13, 2012, 01:05 PM

I don't believe these games have micro-transactions outside of the premium service. Last I recall. ^^;

Snitch
Jul 13, 2012, 01:11 PM
I believe in stars. So I signed. you can never obtain a star unless you believe in them ;)

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
how does one sign this petition without entering e-mails and other personal stuff???+^_^+
seems pretty fascist to want my so much of my info for something so simple...

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
I believe in stars. So I signed. you can never obtain a star unless you believe in them ;)

Better then nothing rofl, thank you for signing :)

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 01:15 PM
how does one sign this petition without entering e-mails and other personal stuff???+^_^+

I think there's an option to hide your info but I'm not 100% :/

Hayde
Jul 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
The laws actually might be pertaining to the "loli" characters that people seem to bitch about non-stop. As someone who watched anime since I was a kid, and still do (25 now)--I'm pretty immune to most odd Japanese cultural taste/fetishes. I don't see the appeal of it, but I presume there's a large fanbase for that type of stuff in Japan, and probably here too (evident by people's avatar's in this game).

That being said, Sega of America probably doesn't want to get bitch-slapped by the feds/court for evening suggesting anything related to children and sex.

This shit is real folks, remember how they had to completely redo TERA because of the way they portrayed that one race?

Zari
Jul 13, 2012, 01:20 PM
I'll sign it, but I still say that it is probably a good idea to see how it comes out before complaining about it so much. I mean, yeah they didn't do so well in the past, but I've seen companies have complete turn arounds before and they were worse than SoA before the turnaround so it is completely possible

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 01:22 PM
The laws actually might be pertaining to the "loli" characters that people seem to bitch about non-stop. As someone who watched anime since I was a kid, and still do (25 now)--I'm pretty immune to most odd Japanese cultural taste/fetishes. I don't see the appeal of it, but I presume there's a large fanbase for that type of stuff in Japan, and probably here too (evident by people's avatar's in this game).

That being said, Sega of America probably doesn't want to get bitch-slapped by the feds/court for evening suggesting anything related to children and sex.

This shit is real folks, remember how they had to completely redo TERA because of the way they portrayed that one race?

The funny part was how little they did censor. It still looks like a little girl wearing things she shoudn't be, but it's not a little girl... Anybody remember Tonnio?

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
Dont you think there will be an english patch sometime to play the japanese version in english? Some were made before, and I heard some were working on a patch now.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 01:26 PM
Dont you think there will be an english patch sometime to play the japanese version in english? Some were made before, and I heard some were working on a patch now.

The problem with that is, is that Sega might ban people for this :(
Though it seems they weren't offended by it, so who know. I still would rather have Global servers are atleast a promise by SoA that they will actually give PSO2 and chance and keep it up to date.

T_0_0_L
Jul 13, 2012, 01:31 PM
I think there should be a separate "global" server, apart from the US/EU and Japanese servers if PSO2 is successful enough. It would just be a catch all for the rest of the population in the world with high latency connections, those in less marketable countries, or people who want that international culture seen in the original PSO. Payments could be taken through paypal or steam wallet(?). Since most of the population would be in the other servers, the cost of maintenance would be marginal. I doubt Sega would implement it though, being as backwards as they are.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
Though it seems they weren't offended by it, so who know. I still would rather have Global servers are atleast a promise by SoA that they will actually give PSO2 and chance and keep it up to date.

Interesting. I never thought they would concider banning those who patch their client for english. I guess we will see what happens. I have not really been minding all the japanese text in the game. But I dont think most have a brother like I do who majored in Japanese and lives in japan who has been helping me out...

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
Almost all of us get very little to no lag. Invest in a better computer or connection possibly.
Unless you are living in Japan, you are either a) lying or b) blind. If you can't notice the huge latency then I don't know, maybe use a stopper? No, really. If you don't notice, I don't care about that. My connection is the best available here within my living place. And its not bad. You can trash talk all you want but its only ignorant to claim that there is no lag or latency on the servers. And my computer is fine, I can run the game in 60 fps as long as there is no sandstorm or massive cross bursting.]

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 01:40 PM
Unless you are living in Japan, you are either a) lying or b) blind. If you can't notice the huge latency then I don't know, maybe use a stopper? No, really. If you don't notice, I don't care about that. My connection is the best available here within my living place. And its not bad. You can trash talk all you want but its only ignorant to claim that there is no lag or latency on the servers. And my computer is fine, I can run the game in 60 fps as long as there is no sandstorm or massive cross bursting.]

WOAHHH, how was that a bash? And no, I'm not lying, and a ton of us have very little latency problems, and I get next to well none when I'm not in an area that isn't flooded.

Calm
Your
Tits

I live in Ohio with a 10 mbit connection. Nothing fancy except for a decent computer. Currently in cali right now but haven't even touched the game yet do to technical issues from bringing my comp but I'm expecting a near flawless connection when I get on. Also your network may be good but it's possible how it's setup that it's screwing you. Not your fault, it's just the company who designed there infrastructure. I use Armstrong Cable which I believe is connected to Time Warner. Could be wrong though, either way something has to be killing your latency cause I almost never lag dude and many others will vouch for this rofl

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 01:44 PM
So you are still going to blindly claim you have no latency while living in Ohio? Well, no point even posting here then.

Zari
Jul 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
WOAHHH, how was that a bash? And no, I'm not lying, and a ton of us have very little latency problems, and I get next to well none when I'm not in an area that isn't flooded.

Calm
Your
Tits

I live in Ohio with a 10 mbit connection. Nothing fancy except for a decent computer. Currently in cali right now but haven't even touched the game yet do to technical issues from bringing my comp but I'm expecting a near flawless connection when I get on. Also your network may be good but it's possible how it's setup that it's screwing you. Not your fault, it's just the company who designed there infrastructure. I use Armstrong Cable which I believe is connected to Time Warner. Could be wrong though, either way something has to be killing your latency cause I almost never lag dude and many others will vouch for this rofl

^I'm with this. I live on the East Coast of the US and I am perfectly fine.

I mean, just because you have latency issues doesn't mean everyone who isn't in Japan does. It is just you

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 01:48 PM
^I'm with this. I live on the East Coast of the US and I am perfectly fine.

So you are still going to blindly claim you have no latency while living in Ohio? Well, no point even posting here then.

Blindly? Rofl you're a funny guy. Luckily I like funny people ;-)

GameGeekRob
Jul 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
The bit about the law isn't as black and white as you may think. There is no law out there that says "No PSO2 global servers!"

It has more to do with liability issues. For instance, who is held liable if a crime is committed by a person who used PSO2 to predator on people irl? You also have laws that affect the purchase of digital goods, I believe, stuff that would convolute the micro transaction process.

It all about the red tape that service would have to crawl through in order to bring us global servers.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 01:53 PM
Brah, you gotta check your self, cause you're wreckin' yourself.

I'm sure we're all raining on your desperate idea. But arguing with everyone who is just trying to tell it like it is...? That's only going to make you more cornered, easier for people to WANT to contradict your idea.

All you really have going for you is "It wouldn't hurt to sign" and that's all you really need to tell people, because it's clear that convincing them won't work AND you're pretty bad trying to do so. e_e;;

You're starting arguments with like 6 people at once across different threads over nothing, Drop it and do your thing, The power of the people isn't about one guy being right and everyone having to think and act like him! By now you can already assume that even if a petition COULD change anything. Your attempt has failed. ]:

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 01:56 PM

I'm sure we're all raining on your desperate idea. But arguing with everyone who is just trying to tell it like it is...? That's only going to make you more cornered, easier for people to WANT to contradict your idea.

All you really have going for you is "It wouldn't hurt to sign" and that's all you really need to tell people, because it's clear that convincing them won't work AND you're pretty bad trying to do so. e_e;;

You're starting arguments with like 6 people at once across different threads over nothing, Drop it and do your thing, The power of the people isn't about one guy being right and everyone having to think and act like him! By now you can already assume that even if a petition COULD change anything. Your attempt has failed. ]:

Only fails because others allow it to fail. I tried stating it wouldn't hurt signing it but then I still got laughed at, then a thread remains were others complain at nothing, when now there is something to complain and voice there anger with. I know I cornered myself and I knew some people wouldn't like this, but I didn't think it would be to this degree. I take responsibility for a good part of that, but people jumped right out of the gates mocking me for this. I didn't start the fights, I just fought back.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
Only fails because others allow it to fail. I tried stating it wouldn't hurt signing it but then I still got laughed at, then a thread remains were others complain at nothing, when now there is something to complain and voice there anger with. I know I cornered myself and I knew some people wouldn't like this, but I didn't think it would be to this degree. I take responsibility for a good part of that, but people jumped right out of the gates mocking me for this. I didn't start the fights, I just fought back.

To be more exact it's more like you fought back when you didn't have to.

Or to someone with troll vision you let them trick you into fighting back so that they could take advantage of you for e-peen points.

Again I think it's a bad idea, but I don't care enough to argue with you out of nowhere about... LATENCY. (which even if there is, it's not bad enough to make the game unplayable. I've seen worse.)

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 02:06 PM

I play in the same room as my brother, great internet connection, nband router/adapters for max speeds. There's a good 2-3 second delay between what we do on each others screens. And enemies usually arent in the same spots. Makes it a little hard to play in sync...but not that bad. Client side i feel no latency, so its ddf server sided..but obv cuz its a jp server which is expected. Long story short, this quote is telling the truth.

ScottyMango
Jul 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
I don't think a PSOW petition is going to change the international laws keeping them from using global servers...

Sorry man, I want global servers just as much as you, but this is deeper than saying "PLEAAAAAAAASEEEE!?"

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
I play in the same room as my brother, great internet connection, nband router/adapters for max speeds. There's a good 2-3 second delay between what we do on each others screens. And enemies usually arent in the same spots. Makes it a little hard to play in sync...but not that bad. Client side i feel no latency, so its ddf server sided..but obv cuz its a jp server which is expected. Long story short, this quote is telling the truth.

Obviously not since I get nowhere near a delay that bad? I'll make a damn video If I have to rofl. Anyways not arguing about something as mundane as this.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2012, 02:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_gambling#United_States
SoJ just doesn't wanna fight with the US court and the ESRB about their current cash shop structure+^_^+ not saying they couldn't, just they don't wanna deal+^_^+

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 02:13 PM
Obviously not since I get nowhere near a delay that bad? I'll make a damn video If I have to rofl. Anyways not arguing about something as mundane as this.

Im pretty computer savvy and speedtest shows me my paid for service of 50mb download and 3MB upload. I play at like 200+ fps real-time in game with no lag on my end, the only issues are a 2-3 second delay i see between me and my bros screens. Like said, not a big deal but it is happening to im sure me and others...please dont yell at me : O

ScottyMango
Jul 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thermal, I don't think you understand how latency works. What country are you in?

If it's America, or anywhere that isn't really close to Japan, you're going to have decent lag. This is a fact, and it is indisputable unless you believe you have some crazy future/alien technology behind your internet connection.

I get about 1 - 1.5 seconds before damage appears when attacking, sometimes more. Though, it really doesn't effect gameplay, because all enemies react immediately. However, this causes their locations to desync between players. Not terrible, but sometimes it can look a little odd.

Finalzone
Jul 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
Though it seems they weren't offended by it, so who know.

English patches for Japanese PSO2 is harmless for server unless so crackers decide to use the code for criminal intents. If I were SoJ, I would contact hackers who made patches for a deal to headhunt down bugs (possibly with reward) in order to provide enhancement for the game.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
Thermal, I don't think you understand how latency works. What country are you in?

If it's America, or anywhere that isn't really close to Japan, you're going to have decent lag. This is a fact, and it is indisputable unless you believe you have some crazy future/alien technology behind your internet connection.

I get about 1 - 1.5 seconds before damage appears when attacking, sometimes more. Though, it really doesn't effect gameplay, because all enemies react immediately. However, this causes their locations to desync between players. Not terrible, but sometimes it can look a little odd.

I'm not saying I have a perfect connection I'm just saying I don't get this severe couple second delay UNLESS there is a mass amount of items and enemies around. I don't understand why it's so hard to believe but whatever.

ScottyMango
Jul 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
..Because it takes time for that information to get to Japan and back again. No connection using technology from today will change that.

You probably just don't notice it because the enemies react physically, instantly. That's because that part is done client side, but the actual damage registering and anything like that takes about 2 seconds.

Also, on the subject of English patches: Sega acknowledged that people used them, and they weren't upset. Infact, Sakai said he was impressed that they came to be so quickly.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 02:22 PM
..Because it takes time for that information to get to Japan and back again. No connection using technology from today will change that.

You probably just don't notice it because the enemies react physically, instantly. That's because that part is done client side, but the actual damage registering and anything like that takes about 2 seconds.

Also, on the subject of English patches: Sega acknowledged that people used them, and they weren't upset. Infact, Sakai said he was impressed that they came to be so quickly.

It usually takes about 1 second for numbers to pop up on my screen. Yes I completely understand how this works but I still get a relatively clean running connection. Why, I don't know, again I'll make a video to prove my point if I must.....

Gardios
Jul 13, 2012, 02:24 PM
Online petitions will never amount to anything. If you're serious about wanting global servers, write SoA a letter asking what's stopping them and how (if at all) it would be possible for you to help them overcoming that obstacle.

Chances are that you will not be able to change anything (because let's be real, they have no reason to), but writing them a letter is still more effective than an online petition. Keyword is letter, not email.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_gambling#United_States
SoJ just doesn't wanna fight with the US court and the ESRB about their current cash shop structure+^_^+ not saying they couldn't, just they don't wanna deal+^_^+

I'm fairly sure that AC scratch does not fall under gambling.

IHeartRice
Jul 13, 2012, 02:26 PM
One successful online petition that comes to mind is Dark Souls PC.

But yeah, this petition won't amount to anything.

Rowe
Jul 13, 2012, 02:29 PM
I will play on the global servers if they make them global, and the Japanese ones if they don't. Sega should understand that if they don't find a way to make this work, the NA/EU version of PSO2 will end up devoid of the kinds of players that will actually, y'know, pay for premium.

A petition might not do much, but I think I really am going to write the dude an email. Maybe others should do the same. Or, make it a petition that sends a form letter in Japanese whenever someone signs.

Malevolent215
Jul 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
I'm going to join the "not gunna happen, but i'll sign anyways" crowd.

Truth be told, why are we petitioning something that has a less than 2% chance of being changed and instead Petition for an English option in the JP version? I like the JP servers, and have very little latency issues. I would much rather just stay where I am and have an option for English, even if it's more of an engrish translation.

sessilu04
Jul 13, 2012, 02:39 PM
Actually online petitions aren't that useless at all.

'an online petition DID bring us Dark Souls to PC. That really baffled me.

Edit: An english option would be nice, but man that would piss SoA so bad, hahaha.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
actually i bet if an incredibly small amount or no people showed up to play the english release of PSO2 on OPENING DAY, and the main reason on everybody's mouth for not playing was because "they wanted shared servers," it could work.

but unfortunately that won't happen.

Quatre52
Jul 13, 2012, 02:43 PM
Signed, many months a way from release, so, no harm in trying.

Vintasticvin
Jul 13, 2012, 03:33 PM
He's just in it for the updates:p

I find it very strange even though Im a online PS fan and been a witness to the source of all this rage and hatred yet Im right there with my face plastered on ther window like a kid at a toy and candy shop just looking to see whats comming out next :3 yet I lack the unbridled rage and hatred towatds the phantasy star team.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 03:34 PM
Thank you all who signed! I know the odds are more then against us, that online petitions usually don't make it far, but it's false to say they don't work. It's not a factual statement that all petitions fail...

WE CAN make a difference if we really try. If we can't go global we can still grab there attention that we are completely unsatisfied with there service that they provide us and that things need to change.

Is this pre-mature? Possibly, but there is absolutely no harm. If you were a pro gambler would you gamble on the odds that this time things were gonna be different?! I sure as hell wouldn't.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
in your petition it says "Sega of America DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF US! " and that shows that you have no clue what is really going on..... it is not SoA it is SoJ that does not care about us.

BogusKun
Jul 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
Wii-U or NO BUY should be the petition.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
in your petition it says "Sega of America DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF US! " and that shows that you have no clue what is really going on..... it is not SoA it is SoJ that does not care about us.

yeah that's pretty true

raiden55
Jul 13, 2012, 03:54 PM
for information EVE Online offer united server worldwide, except China.
there is no issue about the Japanese playing with the others in this game (and there's lots of things that could be censored here given what you can do...), so it's totally possible to have worldwilde servers for PSO2... if they want it.
it may be a pain for them to do, but if they want it they can.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 04:22 PM

I'll do some research on this but Sega of America does head our content and what goes in an out. Not to mention if they catch the drift on how we all feel they would have massive pull in trying to make sure the game gets the kind of content we deserve.

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
The most clever troll yet, +1 cookie for you ^^

No offense but i just find it amusing how you cant help but keep fueling these fires : O
Just ignore it...

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
No offense but i just find it amusing how you cant help but keep fueling these fires : O
Just ignore it...

I already said that. D:

How is this thread still alive? D:

Oh wait, no ones posted a brony yet.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
Just ignore it...

Oh I have been ignoring them trust me, you know how many other posts I wanna tear up? The chair one made me lol irl that's all, and it was the most harmless yet so it is commended.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 04:42 PM
I already said that. D:

How is this thread still alive? D:

Oh wait, no ones posted a brony yet.

Because I'm not violating any rules and I will not allow it to die just because some don't think we can change anything.

bloodflowers
Jul 13, 2012, 04:42 PM

Censorship issues and country codes are what we call 'bullshit excuses' when the reality is unpaletable - they simply don't want the two communities joined, or were technically unable to achieve it for ability or cost reasons.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 04:44 PM
Censorship issues and country codes are what we call 'bullshit excuses' when the reality is unpaletable - they simply don't want the two communities joined, or were technically unable to achieve it for ability or cost reasons.

Cost I could partly understand but could be fueled in other ways. I do not know the entire process but it's not a difficult task to allow people to select between a US Server and a JP Server.

NoiseHERO
Jul 13, 2012, 04:44 PM
Because I'm not violating any rules and I will not allow it to die just because some don't think we can change anything.

Because this thread surely isn't burning flame fuel!

ScottyMango
Jul 13, 2012, 04:46 PM
Because I'm not violating any rules
But I think you are by double posting.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 04:46 PM
Because this thread surely isn't burning flame fuel!

Yeah the thread is vibrating with hate from others but that's not my fault that others don't feel we have a chance to change things. ^^

As for the double posting thing, it's not intended. By all means I'll delete any double post now in here just for the sake of it.

NVM I can't. I'll personally PM a mod now to fix the double posts.

ScottyMango
Jul 13, 2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah the thread is vibrating with hate from others but that's not my fault that others don't feel we have a chance to change things. ^^

You should run for president.

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 04:49 PM
Guys...dont mess with ThermalWolf
1. He has wolf in his name which means he must be badass
2. ThermalWolf is the king of the internet

Nuff said bro's...

NoiseHERO
You should run for president.

We've already been through that one too.

iwerkout
My face when -> :wacko:

Arkios
Jul 13, 2012, 04:50 PM
Sega Employee: "Hey Sakai, it looks like there is a heated debate over on this small fanpage! There are at least 10 people commenting on how they want the servers to be joined, even after we've explained why that cannot happen..."
Sakai: "Oh crap, we better get to work then... EVERYONE MUST AGREE AND BE PLEASED WITH OUR DECISIONS! Scrap everything, we better get back to the drawing board."
Sega Employee: "Yes sir, right away sir!"

tl;dr: This thread is a joke.

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 13, 2012, 04:50 PM
People whined for months about the censorship for Tera. I doubt the result will be any different for PSO2.

Also....granted while playing the game while being able to read everything is nice and all, I would hate to have the NA PSU lobbies in PSO2 Jap.

EnMasse had to make the change for censorship laws, this is true. But because they knew their fans were smart, they made it simple as hell to change the graphics back to the Korean version. Then they went on record and said "We know that players have changed the graphics back to the original version, But since it only alters their own personal playing experience, we're not going to hunt them down for it. When they start modifying your playing experience, then we might consider it."

So if they see a fully signed petition, they might... just MIGHT, do something to appease the signers. Maybe they won't make joined servers... but they might just add English as a selectable text option to the Japanese release... That way their "official" English release abides by all American censorship laws, and their truly hard-core fans can still play the game in all it's glory, without having to learn a whole new language.

Yes, I signed this, and even mentioned it to several of my friends that I know will play it when they can read it.

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 13, 2012, 04:53 PM

Given all that, to make your day happy I signed it as well. I like giving people a happy day.
Bethesda... Mass Effect 3. Added a whole patch with an extra ending because the fans bitched and made petitions. Google it. "POWNED"

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 04:54 PM
This thread's pretty funny.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 04:54 PM
Sega Employee: "Hey Sakai, it looks like there is a heated debate over on this small fanpage! There are at least 10 people commenting on how they want the servers to be joined, even after we've explained why that cannot happen..."
Sakai: "Oh crap, we better get to work then... EVERYONE MUST AGREE AND BE PLEASED WITH OUR DECISIONS! Scrap everything, we better get back to the drawing board."

Yes a petition that's a couple hours old? Come on you were doing better back in the early pages. Also the law doesn't really prohibit that much to begin with and is able to be gone around, THEY just have to make the effort, u mad bro? *cough* PSO DC, FF11, FF14, PSU 360 *cough*

EnMasse had to make the change for censorship laws, this is true. But because they knew their fans were smart, they made it simple as hell to change the graphics back to the Korean version. Then they went on record and said "We know that players have changed the graphics back to the original version, But since it only alters their own personal playing experience, we're not going to hunt them down for it. When they start modifying your playing experience, then we might consider it."

So if they see a fully signed petition, they might... just MIGHT, do something to appease the signers. Maybe they won't make joined servers... but they might just add English as a selectable text option to the Japanese release... That way their "official" English release abides by all American censorship laws, and their truly hard-core fans can still play the game in all it's glory, without having to learn a whole new language.

Yes, I signed this, and even mentioned it to several of my friends that I know will play it when they can read it.

Only problem with this is that it would undermine the US release, hence forth SoA sales. Who would bother playing the US release when they get the better one with an Official English patch.

Bethesda... Mass Effect 3. Added a whole patch with an extra ending because the fans bitched and made petitions. Google it. "POWNED"

Thank you for your support :)

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 13, 2012, 04:55 PM

LOL. Its true...what you say...

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 04:58 PM
LOL. Its true...what you say...

Then by all means leave the thread. If you don't wanna support then leave, simple as dat. ^^

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 13, 2012, 05:00 PM

Because douche teens on social networking sites that will say whatever shit they can for their 10 seconds of fame TOTALLY speak for the entire country... I personally donated $100 to the fund... and as a poor-ass lower-middle American, living paycheck to paycheck, that was a lot of money for me to just hand to some random company for people I've never met and will never meet, just because I knew, even in a small way, it'd help... like this petition... I think if enough people sign it... and SoJ sees it... then maybe they might do something to help... just maybe.

Like OP says... "What can it hurt... really?"

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 05:04 PM
Because douche teens on social networking sites that will say whatever shit they can for their 10 seconds of fame TOTALLY speak for the entire country... I personally donated $100 to the fund... and as a poor-ass lower-middle American, living paycheck to paycheck, that was a lot of money for me to just hand to some random company for people I've never met and will never meet, just because I knew, even in a small way, it'd help... like this petition... I think if enough people sign it... and SoJ sees it... then maybe they might do something to help... just maybe.

Like OP says... "What can it hurt... really?"

Your support is understanding and much appreciated. If people would take there effort in hating and bashing this and just signed the dang thing, we'd honestly probably break 100 signatures in the first day. Yeah that ain't crap, but it's a good start, and good things start small, just takes one, little, click....

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
Yes a petition that's a couple hours old? Come on you were doing better back in the early pages. Also the law doesn't really prohibit that much to begin with and is able to be gone around, THEY just have to make the effort, u mad bro? *cough* PSO DC, FF11, FF14, PSU 360 *cough*

Only problem with this is that it would undermine the US release, hence forth SoA sales. Who would bother playing the US release when they get the better one with an Official English patch.

Thank you for your support :)

It might, but at the same time, if they knew why more players were on the Japanese version instead of the American, they might change their tune, if even just a little bit. They might want to claim some law as to why they have to seperate the servers, instead of just giving us servers like the FF-MMO's, but there are always players looking for that small loop-hole, and this petition just might cause a developer to intentionally leave a loop-hole, so that we can have our cake and eat it too.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 13, 2012, 05:14 PM
Is there a reason my address is needed to sign?

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 05:17 PM
It might, but at the same time, if they knew why more players were on the Japanese version instead of the American, they might change their tune, if even just a little bit. They might want to claim some law as to why they have to seperate the servers, instead of just giving us servers like the FF-MMO's, but there are always players looking for that small loop-hole, and this petition just might cause a developer to intentionally leave a loop-hole, so that we can have our cake and eat it too.

If this doesn't get there attention then yes, that will be the back up plan. Not to mention that is bound to happen since most people don't agree with there decision.

No idea. Is there a way I can change this cause if so I will do IMMEDIATELY.

atrimiselgnacra
Jul 13, 2012, 05:17 PM

To verify that you are who you say you are, and for a more accurate petition, instead of someone signing it a million times with false names. Official petitions from the government require this as well, and thought I'm not saying this is one of those, it's easier to get it looked at if it has that official feeling to it.

Vintasticvin
Jul 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to hate. Hate leads to anger. Anger....., Leads to suffering. Which pretty much is most of the western fan base specialy here in pso-w :( can be best described.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 05:26 PM
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to hate. Hate leads to anger. Anger....., Leads to suffering. Which pretty much is most of the western fan base specialy here in pso-w :( can be best described.

Well then lets change that starting now :-)

LK1721
Jul 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
Sure, I'll sign it.

Though I will be honest and also say that I doubt it will work since they've pretty much made up their minds and will continue pulling out reasons to say why there will not be global servers.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 05:32 PM
Sure, I'll sign it.

Though I will be honest and also say that I doubt it will work since they've pretty much made up their minds and will continue pulling out reasons to say why there will not be global servers.

I don't know, Sega of Japan has atleast proven to listen to its fans a few times, maybe they will this time, in any case, 1000 thank yous for your signature!

LK1721
Jul 13, 2012, 05:36 PM
I don't know, Sega of Japan has atleast proven to listen to its fans a few times, maybe they will this time, in any case, 1000 thank yous for your signature!
It is moreso that they've acknowledged our existence a handful of times and less that they've actually listened to us. But either way, if it works, it works and good luck to you with the rest of this petition.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 05:41 PM
It is moreso that they've acknowledged our existence a handful of times and less that they've actually listened to us. But either way, if it works, it works and good luck to you with the rest of this petition.

True true but I'm not talking about us, though that is also worth noting! No I mean I feel they have in the past listened to there fans about other issues, though I could be wrong.

kantaris
Jul 13, 2012, 06:28 PM
I thought it was legally impossible

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 06:28 PM
I thought it was legally impossible

Not entirely.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 13, 2012, 06:35 PM
Not legally impossible, more like financially not worth it.

Especially considering we're(the english players) already a small population among them(the japanese), and an even smaller %(of us) are actually buying AC.

Rootsuki
Jul 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm not a man of religion, but as a human, I know what faith and hope is, I signed it, and it didn't kill me.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 06:51 PM
I'm not a man of religion, but as a human, I know what faith and hope is, I signed it, and it didn't kill me.

Oh my god the best post anyone has made yet, I could kiss you! Thanks for the support!

SoliceTK
Jul 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
Signed. Stay strong OP.

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
Not legally impossible, more like financially not worth it.

Especially considering we're(the english players) already a small population among them(the japanese), and an even smaller %(of us) are actually buying AC.You have to consider that is likely the case because most english players are probably not playing it.

I know off-hand 3 of my friends who were PSO fans on DC but refuse to get too involved in the JP version of PSO2 if not simply for the idea that it both annoys them that they cannot read any of it, and because it will eventually be out in US/EU anyway.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 07:24 PM
Signed. Stay strong OP.

Oh I will, you can count on it; but thank you for your support and signature :-D

You have to consider that is likely the case because most english players are probably not playing it.

I know off-hand 3 of my friends who were PSO fans on DC but refuse to get too involved in the JP version of PSO2 if not simply for the idea that it both annoys them that they cannot read any of it, and because it will eventually be out in US/EU anyway.

We really are not that small. We were large enough to get Sakai himself to acknowledge us, that's pretty damn impressive. I understand your friends not wanting to play because of a language barrier, but this can be easily remedied with pre-translated phrases like in PSO or Final Fantasy 11 "<Galka><Meat><Rod> anyone?"

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 07:31 PM
Oh I will, you can count on it; but thank you for your support and signature :-D

We really are not that small. We were large enough to get Sakai himself to acknowledge us, that's pretty damn impressive. I understand your friends not wanting to play because of a language barrier, but this can be easily remedied with pre-translated phrases like in PSO or Final Fantasy 11 "<Galka><Meat><Rod> anyone?"
The chances of the collective english speaking community being small quite literally dwarves the chances that it's large.

Being acknowledged isn't always a sign of being numerous. The issue is clearly important to the "foreign" community playing the game, which is why he addressed it (and why you automatically relate that to being english speakers, since that's you).

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 07:32 PM
The chances of the collective english speaking community being small quite literally dwarves the chances that it's large.

Being acknowledged isn't always a sign of being numerous. The issue is clearly important to the "foreign" community playing the game, which is why he addressed it (and why you automatically relate that to being english speakers, since that's you).

I know it is not but Sakai said he was impressed by our numbers or something of the sort, and the time it took to translate the game.

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
I know it is not but Sakai said he was impressed by our numbers or something of the sort, and the time it took to translate the game.
Nope. He never mentioned anything about being impressed with the size of the english community at large. He said he was shocked at how quickly the character creator demo was translated with a mod. He's aware of the foreign community and their thirst for PSO2.

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
Nope. He never mentioned anything about being impressed with the size of the english community at large. He said he was shocked at how quickly the character creator demo was translated with a mod. He's aware of the foreign community and their thirst for PSO2.

Either way the fact that we were even acknowledged is still impressive, and that they are bringing the game to the western market but still, who knows. Guess I'm wrong but none the less, still need to get Sega's attention :D

PepperCat
Jul 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
Signed and supported.

I don't believe a thing will change, SoJ has always been xenophobic. Its eastern asia's culture to be that way... lived there for years so don't bother trying to correct me.

The Walrus
Jul 13, 2012, 09:26 PM
While I don't think this has a chance in hell of succeeding, I'll be nice and sign it.

buri-chan
Jul 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
No~ ♥

Arika
Jul 13, 2012, 10:08 PM
It won't succeed.
But it isn't purely SEGA fault, it is just market prospective.

You don't want to invest much into something you don't gain profit. It is naturally that SEGA will give less contents and events to server that it only 1/100 popupated of what JP had. Not to mention that each individual JP also pay more AC cost per month, because they like to pay for gacha/scratch/pa-jingo. On the another hand, most US players I asked are planing to pay for unlock stuff that is 1-time purchase such as mag license and inventory, skill tree only. So SEGA won't really gain profit from you guys who are clever/picky in payment, and they will consider shut down the server that gain profit less than 1/1000 compare to JP server.
it is just logical choice to do so.

I used to wonder why did PSU server get shut down, but then I make more JP friends and know how much they pay more and how is their culture, then I can easily see the same thing happen again for PSO2. If American/European population can't pay total amount of AC to be comparable level to what JP pay. then you shouldn't expect a fair treatment. Especially now that it is F2P system. the rate of profit they gain from JP server will be much more.

iwerkout
Jul 13, 2012, 11:41 PM
[snipped]

Very true Arika. This does make sense, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the real reason to why.

I just think they'd make more profit by just having an English/Global translation to the JP servers. That way they get 100% of all the cash flow in, instead of just Japans.

Peejay
Jul 14, 2012, 06:18 AM

That's a complete load of horseshit and you know it.

You can be guaranteed they won't even fucking remove the scratch, which is supposedly the sole reason they can't bring it over legally.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 07:02 AM
0% chance this will work, like it matters if we're global or not.

Peejay
Jul 14, 2012, 07:08 AM
It just occured to me I CAN'T SIGN THIS BECAUSE IT'S STATES-ONLY GOOD JOB

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 14, 2012, 08:29 AM
you know..... as negative as I feel about PSO2 US.... I will sign, cant hurt the game anymore then the current news has anyway -.-

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 08:39 AM

I really think we can pull this off if EVERYBODY pulls together on this. We got there attention once, WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
I'm also gonna start working on some cooling looking forum sigs for this, so stay tuned for more goodies and ways YOU can help to bring PSO2 truly global and one of a kind!

EDIT:

I realize a lot of people hate this idea, and hate me for insulting them for it, and that's fine by me. Maybe I am an ass, but I'm an ass that's trying and I'll stick by that. Are we really losing the idea that people can't change things?

I understand where you are coming from and your optimism surely won't be overlooked by some, but you know what they're going to remember more? The fact that you edited your post just to call yourself an ass. If this is your idea of getting people behind you to support your ideals, you're going about it all wrong.

When a leader figure tells people that he/she believes him or herself to be an ass, then what's to prevent us from thinking the same about that person? It's hard to take the person seriously when they aren't even taking themselves seriously. It's fine if you want to admit to having flaws, but you need to be cautious about how you address these.

It would have been better had you just said, "I know there will be people out there who will ridicule me for this idea, but I believe with a little effort, we can achieve change. Despite those laughs in the distance, I will continue to push forward and with the help of you supporting this, we will drown out those laughs with roars of victory. Let us-" and go from there. There's no need to make yourself look like a fool in order to gain popularity.

People will be more drawn to a charismatic person, someone who is confident, rather than someone who is so quick to shoot himself down before he even begins.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 09:57 AM
I understand where you are coming from and your optimism surely won't be overlooked by some, but you know what they're going to remember more? The fact that you edited your post just to call yourself an ass. If this is your idea of getting people behind you to support your ideals, you're going about it all wrong.

When a leader figure tells people that he/she believes him or herself to be an ass, then what's to prevent us from thinking the same about that person? It's hard to take the person seriously when they aren't even taking themselves seriously. It's fine if you want to admit to having flaws, but you need to be cautious about how you address these.

It would have been better had you just said, "I know there will be people out there who will ridicule me for this idea, but I believe with a little effort, we can achieve change. Despite those laughs in the distance, I will continue to push forward and with the help of you supporting this, we will drown out those laughs with roars of victory. Let us-" and go from there. There's no need to make yourself look like a fool in order to gain popularity.

People will be more drawn to a charismatic person, someone who is confident, rather than someone who is so quick to shoot himself down before he even begins.

I'm just saying I got called an asshole from the get go when people started flaming me, so I decided I'll just say I am. I'm not really hoping for more support, I just want people to understand I'm gonna defend myself and not be trampled over on this, but you make a good point. Too late now though, not gonna change it, that would be pathetic :) But thank you for your understanding.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 10:14 AM
I'm just saying I got called an asshole from the get go when people started flaming me, so I decided I'll just say I am. I'm not really hoping for more support, I just want people to understand I'm gonna defend myself and not be trampled over on this, but you make a good point. Too late now though, not gonna change it, that would be pathetic :) But thank you for your understanding.

Soooo... someone calls you an, "asshole" and you just label yourself as such? Man, if I just went with whatever people called me all the time, I'd always look like a terrible person, but that's only because it's hard finding an open-minded individual these days to accept me for who I am rather than who they want me to be. So yeah, I know I can act like an asshole at times, but for those that actually know me, they understand as well as I do, that doesn't define who I am.

Also, you say you're going to defend yourself and not be trampled over on this, but eh... they don't have to trample over you. You're trampling over yourself as it is. It's never too late for someone to change, so please don't use that as an excuse to continue belittling yourself.

"Oh well. It's already happening, so I might as well just accept it" is a very discouraging outlook from someone who lacks self-confidence. That's far more pathetic than trying to actually change how people view you as a person. Remember. Present yourself as a strong-willed, confident, being and people will see you as such.

You may be scared on the inside, but the moment you release that fear, many of them will smell it immediately and most will turn away because the "aura", if you will, you are emitting is negative. Basically, your current attitude is only going to push people away from you. I'm not talking about just for this thread, but as a whole. You should really re-consider how you feel about yourself... not what other people have said about you, but how you feel about yourself.

"Everyone may be a fool but nobody is a fool forever." - Wat Phra Singh

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
Soooo... someone calls you an, "asshole" and you just label yourself as such? Man, if I just went with whatever people called me all the time, I'd always look like a terrible person, but that's only because it's hard finding an open-minded individual these days to accept me for who I am rather than who they want me to be. So yeah, I know I can act like an asshole at times, but for those that actually know me, they understand as well as I do, that doesn't define who I am.

Also, you say you're going to defend yourself and not be trampled over on this, but eh... they don't have to trample over you. You're trampling over yourself as it is. It's never too late for someone to change, so please don't use that as an excuse to continue belittling yourself.

"Oh well. It's already happening, so I might as well just accept it" is a very discouraging outlook from someone who lacks self-confidence. That's far more pathetic than trying to actually change how people view you as a person. Remember. Present yourself as a strong-willed, confident, being and people will see you as such.

You may be scared on the inside, but the moment you release that fear, many of them will smell it immediately and most will turn away because the "aura", if you will, you are emitting is negative. Basically, your current attitude is only going to push people away from you. I'm not talking about just for this thread, but as a whole. You should really re-consider how you feel about yourself... not what other people have said about you, but how you feel about yourself.

"Everyone may be a fool but nobody is a fool forever." - Wat Phra Singh

I feel fantastic about myself! Not hiding it, not even trying to belittle myself. Also I AM a smartass by nature. It's just how I act. Now how people take that and run with it is up too them.

Yes it is never too late to change, but why would I wanna change who I am? So I said I was an ass about the people who insulted me so I admit that, that doesn't belittle me, that makes me honest. I'm not gonna lie about things on here cause that's not what this thread is about.

The trolls have been dieing down and support is rising in and out of the game and I'm proud of that, no matter how little it might be at the moment.

What I am gonna change is my OP entirely. I need people to understand that even though this effort doesn't have to primarily make the servers Global, it just needs to get Sega aware that we are unhappy with there choice.

WE ARE THE WESTERN MARKET, WE HAVE A SAY IN THIS! But people some to think otherwise because there a corporation and we are just regular gamers. Guys this game wouldn't be nothing without us, and that's the truth. Anyways I'm digressing really badly here so I'll just make this short and sweet.

Don't care if people hate me, or think ill of me, because I know what I'm doing is good and for the people, even if some of the people are against me for it. I'm stubborn, and always will be, and maybe it's gonna take a stubborn person to get the point across? Just how I feel about it.

serenade
Jul 14, 2012, 01:12 PM
sadly i dont see anything changing segas mind. but it's our given right to speak up and be heard and honestly, whats there to lose? if you sit back and take it, they will continue to just walk all over you.

signed.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 02:11 PM
sadly i dont see anything changing segas mind. but it's our given right to speak up and be heard and honestly, whats there to lose? if you sit back and take it, they will continue to just walk all over you.

signed.

Thank you for your signature and support :D

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 03:12 PM
Oh god...what did i just read...

ThermalWolf, your a fool.
TetsuyaHikari i chose to disagree because this is an uneeded petition before even giving sega/soa a chance to prove themself on a new start...NOT because he lacks a confident charisma, man you two are the kings of the internet.

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 03:41 PM

TetsuyaHikari i chose to disagree because this is an uneeded petition before even giving sega/soa a chance to prove themself on a new start...NOT because he lacks a confident charisma, man you two are the kings of the internet.

No, they are the kings of PSO-W's Pso2 Western District xD

pso2love
Jul 14, 2012, 03:51 PM
Don't know if anyone else mentioned this, however, IF we are to get global servers, we also need to be aware of Arks Cash's currently priced items in Japan. I would like to ask Thermalwolf if he would consider adding the question of lowering the prices of Arks Cash items and services if global servers were to become a reality. We should be making sure SOA/SOE does this anyways, for the western version I mean.

It seems they have a money handling problem too, according to Sakai's statement. I believe all players would be happy if they were lowered, not only for Japan, but for us as well. It would entice players to spend more IMHO.

Oh, and you might want to direct your petition towards SEGA OF JAPAN, SEGA OF AMERICA, SEGA OF EUROPE, instead of Phantasy Star Online 2 Global Servers. XD

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 04:21 PM

U mad bro? After all our arguing you still don't understand this petition... Griever the more you post here makes YOU the fool by this point.

Don't know if anyone else mentioned this, however, IF we are to get global servers, we also need to be aware of Arks Cash's currently priced items in Japan. I would like to ask Thermalwolf if he would consider adding the question of lowering the prices of Arks Cash items and services if global servers were to become a reality. We should be making sure SOA/SOE does this anyways.

It seems they have a money handling problem too, according to Sakai's statement. I believe all players would be happy if they were lowered, not only for Japan, but for us as well. It would entice players to spend more IMHO.

Oh, and you might want to direct your petition towards SEGA OF JAPAN, SEGA OF AMERICA, SEGA OF EUROPE, instead of Phantasy Star Online 2 Global Servers. XD

First time using change, gonna modify now ^^

pso2love
Jul 14, 2012, 04:30 PM
I also noticed that your "Petition Letter" is not the same wording as "About This Petition".

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 04:40 PM
Fixed! Petition now properly addresses Sega Corporation, Sega West and there respective CEOs' and Presidents'.

About done working on a nice photo to put on the petition as well. Also working on a new version of the petition letter to properly address each and every concern brought up!

We are making progress people!

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 04:46 PM
U mad bro? After all our arguing you still don't understand this petition... Griever the more you post here makes YOU the fool by this point.

First time using change, gonna modify now ^^

Ohio...Alabama, United States...that is all.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 04:51 PM
Ohio...Alabama, United States...that is all.

Oh so now where I live has something to do with my intelligence. I have many loving friends in Canada so I won't go about defacing it, but the fact that you can't possibly do anything more but insult my state of origin is just plain sad. Gonna have to do better then that :-?

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 04:56 PM
Oh so now where I live has something to do with my intelligence. I have many loving friends in Canada so I won't go about defacing it, but the fact that you can't possibly do anything more but insult my state of origin is just plain sad. Gonna have to do better then that :-?

All i said was Ohio and Alabama...how in the hell did you come to this radical conclusion?

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 04:58 PM
All i said was Ohio and Alabama...how in the hell did you come to this radical conclusion?

If you weren't insulting me by clearly stating where me and one of the people who support me live, and then state "that is all" is a pretty clear insult. Now you're just being asinine...

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
If you weren't insulting me by clearly stating where me and one of the people who support me, and then state "that is all" is a pretty clear insult. Now you're just being asinine...

Lol...your too easy. Your assumptions make me laff.

Sakarisei
Jul 14, 2012, 05:09 PM
The problem of Sakai is simple: They distrust foreigners. That's the main reason of making separated servers...

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
Lol...your too easy. Your assumptions make me laff.

It's ok your single mindedness makes me laugh too. Please stop posting here it's very annoying. I'm trying to do something good for all of us but you seem so hellbent on stopping that. Why is this, if you must keep posting...?

jmanx
Jul 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
The problem of Sakai is simple: They distrust foreigners. That's the main reason of making separated servers...

Its obviously not copy right yea they just don't want us to play with them huehue
I'm fine just as long as europe and NA are linked

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 05:16 PM
It's ok your single mindedness makes me laugh too. Please stop posting here it's very annoying. I'm trying to do something good for all of us but you seem so hellbent on stopping that. Why is this, if you must keep posting...?

Im not trying to stop anything. I was just wondering how you came to those extreme conclusions. And apparently im single-minded for disagreeing with your petition, what does that make you?

Whats good for you may not be for everybody. Everytime someone disagrees with you, you seem hellbent on making them agree with you. Problem?

futamieriko
Jul 14, 2012, 05:20 PM
Or maybe the laws for cash items varying from country to country makes a global server difficult like he's already stated? You guys act like they're separating the servers just to be dicks. If a server merge was practical and profitable, obviously they would be backing it. The fact that they aren't should tell you it's not that simple.

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 05:34 PM
Or maybe the laws for cash items varying from country to country makes a global server difficult like he's already stated? You guys act like they're separating the servers just to be dicks. If a server merge was practical and profitable, obviously they would be backing it. The fact that they aren't should tell you it's not that simple.

Try to make ThermalWolf understand this...cuz he will probably make some crazy assumptions to argue you till he thinks he's right. This quote is great because its practically common sense and makes this petition and thread look so stupid.

I would be insulted if i were sega to see this petition and thread before even given a second chance. All it shows is a bunch of whiney kids that think they know everything and dont...but want their way.

Sorry my opinions differenciate over yours...
*waits for thermalwolf's keyboard warrior reply*

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 05:49 PM
Try to make ThermalWolf understand this...cuz he will probably make some crazy assumptions to argue you till he thinks he's right. This quote is great because its practically common sense and makes this petition and thread look so stupid.

I would be insulted if i were sega to see this petition and thread before even given a second chance. All it shows is a bunch of whiney kids that think they know everything and dont...but want their way.

Yeah, seriously...

Also, personally I rarely if ever judge a game based on a companies history. I have seen multiple examples of companies who have done terrible but then turned it around and did amazing with a new game. Who is to say that it won't be better for PSO2 than PSU? And don't tell me that delay of that other game crap because there could be multiple reasons for that and that doesn't necessarily prove anything about how they will do with hosting the NA/EU version of PSO2

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 05:53 PM

It's not that our different opinions bother me, it's the fact you attacked me from the get go from it and still keep coming back to call me stupid for this, THAT is why I choose to "keyboard warrior" reply. All you had to do was say I disagree and walk away, or better yet, don't say anything.

I gave Sega of America a chance with PSOBB, I ALSO gave them a chance with PSU, but we all know how that went. Even if, EVEN IF currency was an issue, there are many many ways around this, and it's pretty bad business practice to atleast not consider a way around, which they haven't stated whether they have or not, so I'm gonna say the latter like in the past.

Now yes as a company they have to make money, understandable, but at what cost?

We've been giving Sega lots of chances, but they fail to deliver, now we are going to address it, sue me for being disappointed at there support towards the Western community. I would have started a petition for better support on PSU after PSOBB but I gave it a chance like you're saying to do now. Well look what happened.

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 05:58 PM
It's not that our different opinions bother me, it's the fact you attacked me from the get go from it and still keep coming back to call me stupid for this, THAT is why I choose to "keyboard warrior" reply. All you had to do was say I disagree and walk away, or better yet, don't say anything.

I gave Sega of America a chance with PSOBB, I ALSO gave them a chance with PSU, but we all know how that went. Even if, EVEN IF currency was an issue, there are many many ways around this, and it's pretty bad business practice to atleast not consider a way around, which they haven't stated whether they have or not, so I'm gonna say the latter like in the past.

Now yes as a company they have to make money, understandable, but at what cost?

We've been giving Sega lots of chances, but they fail to deliver, now we are going to address it, sue me for being disappointed at there support towards the Western community.

You act like pso2 na has been out for months already...can you just wait to see first before acting out like this? All it does is make us look like spoiled whiney little brats. So when you say i couldve said i disagree and walk away, then why the hell cant you accept other peoples opinions and walk away also instead of trying to force them to agree with you? You are so contradicting...

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
You act like pso2 na has been out for months already...can you just wait to see first before acting out like this? All it does is make us look like spoiled whiney little brats. So when you say i couldve said i disagree and walk away, then why the hell cant you accept other peoples opinions and walk away also instead of trying to force them to agree with you? You are so contradicting...

Pretty much. You should at least give them a chance with this. You can not trust them, but don't really NEED to go making this kind of petition before the NA/EU is even out. For all we know they may do an AMAZING job with the NA/EU version.

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 06:05 PM
Pretty much. You should at least give them a chance with this. You can not trust them, but don't really NEED to go making this kind of petition before the NA/EU is even out. For all we know they may do an AMAZING job with the NA/EU version.

But that would never happen when you have people like thermalwolf who believes his own assumptions.

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
But that would never happen when you have people like thermalwolf who believes his own assumptions.

There are people who tell you not to assume things...but many people go and do it anyways. They never listen...

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 06:13 PM
You two extremely fail to realize I'm not assuming, for this I'm not even gonna bother keep egging this on anymore. You obviously DO NOT UNDERSTAND what this petition is really about, and for that I apologize for not being 100% clear, but in light of things you two can put your bets that Sega is going to do it right this time, just like I bet they were going to do PSOBB right, just like I bet they were going to do PSU right... You're also just like me, assuming, assuming the game is gonna be supported better then they did in the past.

Griever your assumptions make me laugh :)

supersonix9
Jul 14, 2012, 06:18 PM
Do people really think it's possible to merge the servers? I've never seen something like this done on another game.

Learn Japanese and you'll have more fun with the JPN server anyways.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 06:19 PM
Do people really think it's possible to merge the servers? I've never seen something like this done on another game.

Final Fantasy 11, PSO DC, Final Fantasy 14

彩音~
Jul 14, 2012, 06:21 PM
Op, how naive and stupid can you be? Bend laws for a game?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loc37owcbt1qb3fe7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

texhnolyze
Jul 14, 2012, 06:22 PM
well, i'm from SEA and my ping to JP is a lot friendlier than to NA/EU
my only hope is the language option in launcher settings
if they can add english in the JP version, i'll be in heaven :D
i'll be a premium user, i'll buy more char slots, i'll buy more mags
take my money, all of them!! :lol:

supersonix9
Final Fantasy 11, PSO DC, Final Fantasy 14

So be it then. If people really want to gripe this much about which language the game is in, then....I don't know.

GrieverXVII
You two extremely fail to realize I'm not assuming, for this I'm not even gonna bother keep egging this on anymore. You obviously DO NOT UNDERSTAND what this petition is really about, and for that I apologize for not being 100% clear, but in light of things you two can put your bets that Sega is going to do it right this time, just like I bet they were going to do PSOBB right, just like I bet they were going to do PSU right... You're also just like me, assuming, assuming the game is gonna be supported better then they did in the past.

Never did i once say itd be better or make such assumptions you can try to quote me. I say give it a chance before acting out like this. Im done talking to such a shallow minded arrogant know it all such as yourself.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 06:27 PM
Never did i once say itd be better or make such assumptions you can try to quote me. I say give it a chance before acting out like this. Im done talking to such a shallow minded arrogant know it all such as yourself.

Funny I was thinking the same thing ;-)

Op, how naive and stupid can you be? Bend laws for a game?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loc37owcbt1qb3fe7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

No one ever asked for laws to be bent bro.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:29 PM

You must be the king of English. Please, tell me all about grammar.

Anyway, moving on. It just so happens that Sega of America did take into account a petition which was brought to their attention last year and again this year to help bring Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown to console, so please don't sit there and say this petition is, "uneeded" as you put it.

The petition had enough support behind it to finally make a dream become a reality. Just because you don't agree with what he's doing doesn't give you the right to degrade either one of us. If you have nothing better to do with your spare time, then please get yourself a hobby or a job to keep yourself productive.

EDIT:

It must be nice being so high up there, thinking people below you are "shallow minded" and "arrogant" while being totally oblivious to the fact that you are merely stating your own qualities. Please come down now and walk the ground with us peasants. It has become quite cloudy and it seems to be obstructing your view.

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:33 PM

No, I understand that this is about wanting the servers to be merged (hell I supported it since there is a small chance it could work), but I'm saying that I don't like when people instantly assume things when it is possible it won't be that way, sorry if I sounded like I was specifying you. And I was NEVER assuming that it will be done better...I was only saying it is POSSIBLE they will do it better.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 06:33 PM
Petitions are a demonstration. They are aren't an accurate representation of an entire fanbase, and they aren't a sure fire way to get a company to listen.

If the company is so inclined, however, as Sega seems to be lately, then it's something they'll take note of. They've already listened to lots and lots of player feedback, seemingly within a matter of days or weeks. Either that or they've hired people so in tune with the fanbase that they're already working on things behind the scenes before the fanbase even thinks to request it.

I'd like a global server. Many games have global servers. If it doesn't happen, well, oh well. I'll probably stick on JP where all my effort has been (and none of the english F2P community is, because oh god).

BahnKnakyu
Jul 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
Tried it anyway. Doubt it will help but it's better than sitting here trolling the topic like some douchebags are.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
You must be the king of English. Please, tell me all about grammar.

Anyway, moving on. It just so happens that Sega of America did take into account a petition which was brought to their attention last year and again this year to help bring Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown to console, so please don't sit there and say this petition is, "uneeded" as you put it.

The petition had enough support behind it to finally make a dream become a reality. Just because you don't agree with what he's doing doesn't give you the right to degrade either one of us. If you have nothing better to do with your spare time, then please get yourself a hobby or a job to keep yourself productive.

EDIT:

It must be nice being so high up there, thinking people below you are "shallow minded" and "arrogant" while being totally oblivious to the fact that you are merely stating your own qualities. Please come down now and walk the ground with us peasants. It has become quite cloudy and it seems to be obstructing your view.

Spoken like a true angel!

Tried it anyway. Doubt it will help but it's better than sitting here trolling the topic like some douchebags are.

Yeah the trolling is getting old, but I accept it's not going to stop but your support and others makes it all worth it, thank you Bahn!!!

彩音~
Jul 14, 2012, 06:40 PM
No one ever asked for laws to be bent bro.

Look back to your own posts in the first few pages

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
I can't say I'm gonna sign the petition, because I'm not, but good luck to you.

As long as you do acknowledge and realize that this is a complete and total pipe-dream. If something comes of it, awesome. But, if not, don't be surprised.

Redboigoi
Jul 14, 2012, 06:44 PM
Signed.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 14, 2012, 06:44 PM
I've always thought maybe the release date is soooo far because they are trying to figure out ways around the laws legally, and if they can't figure them out they will just release it as intended so we can't say they messed up. Anyways I'm all up for this but unfortunately the laws are what is preventing this not Sega's lack of motivation or care for their over the seas fanbase.

Yunfa
Jul 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
Petitions are a demonstration. They are aren't an accurate representation of an entire fanbase, and they aren't a sure fire way to get a company to listen.

I'd like a global server. Many games have global servers. If it doesn't happen, well, oh well. I'll probably stick on JP where all my effort has been (and none of the english F2P community is, because oh god).

Did occupy Wallstreet do anything besides increasing the profits of local hotdog stands/ local restaurants & juicy stories for media outlets? Hmmmmmm........get back to me in a few years will ya, this might take a while.

As for US communities...now don't get me wrong I'm not saying what went on in the PSU demo server & 4th floor of the main servers reflects the entire community...culture, *sighs* AMERICA! FUQ YEAH! AMIRIGHT?! I'm spending big bucks in my university for Japanese language courses, just for this game, to play it how it should be.

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 06:46 PM

Lol but him and tetsuya are so dam easy!

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
Look back to your own posts in the first few pages

Yes I said there are ways around not bend...

As long as you do acknowledge and realize that this is a complete and total pipe-dream. If something comes of it, awesome. But, if not, don't be surprised.

I do realize this is a long shot, but it's worth a shot! It's ok you won't sign, atleast you're honest about it unlike some who gotta troll there way to it.

Yunfa

Agreed, the feeling of this coming into reality is like praying the ball will land on a "0" or a "00" in roulette, 10x in a row might I add because of the astronomical factors put into place under the simple word of "law." What do we consumers know about the big wig's decisions in the U.S.

TetsuyaHikari
Im done talking to such a shallow minded arrogant know it all such as yourself.

Lol but him and tetsuya are so dam easy!

You're new at this, "trolling" thing, aren't you...?

Yunfa
Jul 14, 2012, 06:49 PM
You're new at this, "trolling" thing, aren't you...?

You're wasting your time w/ this one, LOL

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:53 PM
I've always thought maybe the release date is soooo far because they are trying to figure out ways around the laws legally
I thought the release date so far away was so they could negotiate Johny Young Bosch and Wendee Lee's contracts...?

MelancholyWitch
Jul 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
maybe rofl, but we can always hope.

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:58 PM
It would be great if this petition ends up helping somehow, I still think it is unlikely it will, but really if you don't sign it just because you think it won't work, you are just making it less likely to work really :/

Ragnarok_
Jul 14, 2012, 07:22 PM
I signed, because honestly what's the point in not doing so? To make it fail, thus proving yourself right? If it works, it works. If it doesn't, then oh well. With Edward and PSU Castor still on the inside of SEGA, things are going to be somewhat better.

We'll at least get a human face between us and SoJ if things go south. I say sign it, and that way you can at least say you tried.

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 07:25 PM

Or you could enjoy the community on the Western servers and not really give a dirty handkerchief about how and who runs the game :P

Just saying.... PS I would like to make a petition for the community to stop going at each other's throat over the game. Its really sad and depressing to see us all wanting to kill each other :<

pso2love
Jul 14, 2012, 08:28 PM

Well.... *embarrassed* I had questions like the pricing of Arks Cash, the localization of the other formats... I got out all my concerns it seems... just gotta wait for a response from SEGA. As much as I have spammed other blogs for almost 2 years now, I should probably just stop reading the updates, and wait till the actual release. I really need to step away from hearing about this game for a while... The more I read into it, the more I realize the seriousness of this western release, and it giving me an ulcer like another person mentioned earlier. Pray that I can calm down.

I am excited about this release. I have no doubts about other than my concerns, that game play will be spot-on, nice graphics, lush music... The thought about a watered down NA/EU version on the other hand is just...yeah... I should stop.

Can someone knock me out, and wake me up in 6 months?

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 08:30 PM
Well.... *embarrassed* I had questions like the pricing of Arks Cash, the localization of the other formats... I got out all my concerns it seems... just gotta wait for a response from SEGA. As much as I have spammed other blogs for almost 2 years now, I should probably just stop reading the updates, and wait till the actual release. I really need to step away from hearing about this game for a while... The more I read into it, the more I realize the seriousness of this western release, and it giving me an ulcer like another person mentioned earlier. Pray that I can calm down.

That isn't what I meant....at all...

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
As i said...tooooooo easy lol.

And as I said, you would be reported. So, that's been done. You don't always have to get the "last word" in, you know.

I told you if you had anything else to say, you're more than welcome to PM me, but no... much like all of your other posts, you decided to push that envelope back more and more just to see how far it could go and now you've been reported for harassment.

If this is what you were trying to accomplish, congratulations.

Rizen
Jul 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
For those of you trolling and bashing this thread for the last few pages... why don't you guys go do something constructive? You made your point that you dislike the idea. At least this guy is trying to do something positive for the community which is more than what I can say for most of you.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 08:45 PM
And as I said, you would be reported. So, that's been done. You don't always have to get the "last word" in, you know.

I told you if you had anything else to say, you're more than welcome to PM me, but no... much like all of your other posts, you decided to push that envelope back more and more just to see how far it could go and now you've been reported for harassment.

Was considering doing this myself but was gonna let it go, but thanks :D

For those of you trolling and bashing this thread for the last few pages... why don't you guys go do something constructive? You made your point that you dislike the idea. At least this guy is trying to do something positive for the community which is more than what I can say for most of you.

Thank you for understanding what I'm trying to do Rizen, I don't understand why others wont....

Sinue_v2
Jul 14, 2012, 08:47 PM
At least this guy is trying to do something positive for the community which is more than what I can say for most of you.

If I go outside and stand there with my arms in the air and tell people I'm trying to push up the sky so that it doesn't fall down and crush everyone, does that mean nobody should ridicule me... because I'm trying to do something positive for others?

Of course they do, because I'm trying to hold up the frickin sky up with my hands. These petition threads are equally absurd, and have just about the same chances of success.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
If I go outside and stand there with my arms in the air and tell people I'm trying to push up the sky so that it doesn't fall down and crush everyone, does that mean nobody should ridicule me... because I'm trying to do something positive for others?

Of course they do, because I'm trying to hold up the frickin sky up with my hands. These petition threads are equally absurd, and have just about the same chances of success.

Maybe to you it's absurd but there are many petitions that have worked before.

Seriously where are people getting this attitude that petitions don't work? Yeah there's a million of them and a vast majority don't but that doesn't mean it's like holding up the sky... Come on man have some hope!!!!!!!!

Rizen
Jul 14, 2012, 09:18 PM

Again, they made their point just like you just made yours. Now how about contributing something other than ridicule towards others?

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
Damn man this is one hostile thread chill guys can't we all just get along.

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 09:26 PM

oh god you've been harassed on the internet by some random person, someone play this person a violin. can you quit QQ'ing already? your report will go so far. gg.

pso2love
Jul 14, 2012, 09:34 PM
That isn't what I meant....at all...

I signed the petition. I realized that I'm way to interested in this game to the point that I'm getting too stressed thinking about the possibility of SOA ruining it like previous titles in the series. Reading through the pages, it was when I saw your quote, Zari, that I realized this. I should be concentrating on work, but my head is to concerned with the worst possibility of this game. Can't control myself sometimes when it comes to this game.

As embarrassed as I am, I'm making the decision to leave this situation in God's hands. If I outrage anymore at Edward, I would really be making a fool of myself, when in all reality, I just simply want to play the game, in it's entirety, in English. There I said it. I have my childhood memories invested in PSO v1 on DC, and would LOVE to have a new generation of young and old gamers to experience this universe yet again, in a fresh new way that only Sakai and his Dev team could ever conjure up. :jpsmile: I feel like a child again. Can't control myself sometimes when it comes to this game. So, like I said, I should probably forget about this game until an announcement of the release date, and look forward to the final outcome.

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 09:35 PM

Seriously where are people getting this attitude that petitions don't work? Yeah there's a million of them and a vast majority don't but that doesn't mean it's like holding up the sky... Come on man have some hope!!!!!!!!

Again, they made their point just like you just made yours. Now how about contributing something other than ridicule towards others?

This is exactly what I've been trying to point out here. Every fucking time someone has their own opinion to make which Sinue_v2 did as shown in the quote above. ThermalWolf has to throw in his two cents afterwards instead of accepting the fact that it's Sinue's own opinion and just "walking away" as he told me to do so. So Rizen why are you directing your response to just Sinue when Thermal did exactly the same thing here huh?

edit:
and btw, i don't think he's doing something positive for the community because i DO NOT WANT a global server and i disagree with it. just because you agree with his petition makes it positive to the community? oh god...

Sinue_v2
Jul 14, 2012, 09:43 PM

I know some of them work; I've participated in two which were successful. These forums are littered with my posts detailing (http://wwww.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189316&page=2) such efforts (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76345&highlight=Petition). That doesn't change the fact that no petition which was ever proposed on these forums has ever indicated any chance of success, because people were too placated with bullshit online petitions, email spams, and other crap, rather than putting some real effort or soul into the project - largely because wishful thinking optimistic buttholes who blindly believe in being positive and feeling like they're "doing something" (without actually doing anything).

Might as well just pray for what you want.

Unless you're able to get a couple hundred users to hand-write their own unique and personalized plea and coordinate their mailing effort so that it has the greatest impact (floods mail rooms/in-boxes)... and have the will to see it through for what could be months of sustained effort - you're not going to make much headway. Even then... the petitions I was involved in were dealing with english speaking American companies. I have no idea how SoJ or Sega Corporate would react to such as petition campaign from western players, especially if the letters are written in languages they can't easily read.

I have never seen that sort of commitment from the PS community, or any indication that it's possible they would, and anything short of that is a goddamned waste of time to even talk about.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 09:45 PM

You're only looking at it from one perspective. There's a reason why petitions exist. It's because they have worked before in the past and they are a great way to show a corporation or some other figure of power a collaborative thought. Rather than having multiple letters and e-mails sent to Sega of America stating the same thing, it is more beneficial for people to come together and sign a petition, showing that X amount of people feel the same way.

Now, this is not to say that they always work, however... the day we begin thinking that taking that step forward for change is "absurd" is the day we give up our freedom of expression. While having a petition be accepted is the goal, the destination from point A to point B involves taking that trek to follow what you believe in with a group of people who believe the same thing as yourself.

If you truly believe such a thing is absurd, then maybe it's time someone held the sky up for you and showed you that this is one of the best ways to get people together, to conform in a belief, and push towards a dream. As I said before, the ultimate goal may be to get the petition passed, but there's something just as important as that... the fact that you were willing to try rather than just sit idly, accepting things as they are and claiming it to be "hopeless" or "absurd" for something to change. Take a look around you, man. People hold up the sky from crushing others with each passing day.

It's a wonderful trait of humans. We can make things which originally seem, "absurd" turn into a possibility and sometimes even a reality. It's perfectly fine if you don't agree with the idea. I don't expect you to.

However, there's a right way and a wrong way to convey those feelings. Telling someone this is impossible and use such a ludicrous example to compare it to isn't the way to do it. You can tell someone why you disagree with their idea without insulting them.

Just something to keep in mind next time you see someone do something you think is, "equally absurd" as this.

EDIT:
and btw, i don't think he's doing something positive for the community because i DO NOT WANT a global server and i disagree with it. just because you agree with his petition makes it positive to the community? oh god...

It's a two way street, man. Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it negative to the community. This is why we gather a general consensus. If it was merely based on one individual's opinion, it wouldn't work. So, while you are entitled to your opinion, please keep in mind that others are as well.

All you have to say is, "I haven't seen these work often in the past. I'd rather stay on my own server than have them shared, but best of luck to you anyway" or something similar. As I told Sinue_v2, there's a right way and a wrong way. You can state your opinion without slinging mud.

Rizen
Jul 14, 2012, 09:45 PM
So Rizen why are you directing your response to just Sinue when Thermal did exactly the same thing here huh?
First, he responded to my post. I acknowledged it was his opinion. Secondly, my post before was a blanket post towards who are obsessively bashing and insulting the OP. That's far beyond just opinion.

Also, if you have a problem with me, you can take it to PM.

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 09:53 PM
I signed the petition. I realized that I'm way to interested in this game to the point that I'm getting too stressed thinking about the possibility of SOA ruining it like previous titles in the series. Reading through the pages, it was when I saw your quote, Zari, that I realized this. I should be concentrating on work, but my head is to concerned with the worst possibility of this game. Can't control myself sometimes when it comes to this game.

As embarrassed as I am, I'm making the decision to leave this situation in God's hands. If I outrage anymore at Edward, I would really be making a fool of myself, when in all reality, I just simply want to play the game, in it's entirety, in English. There I said it. I have my childhood memories invested in PSO v1 on DC, and would LOVE to have a new generation of young and old gamers to experience this universe yet again, in a fresh new way that only Sakai and his Dev team could ever conjure up. :jpsmile: I feel like a child again. Can't control myself sometimes when it comes to this game. So, like I said, I should probably forget about this game until an announcement of the release date, and look forward to the final outcome.

*can't completely tell if sarcasm or not*
Wait... I never said to just forget about the game until the NA/EU versions released...that part is what I mean by that isn't what I meant. That and not asking about and questioning things SEGA is doing/will be doing, I just mean don't assume it will be the worst possible outcome. It is possible the NA/EU release of PSO2 will do much better than that of some previous games like PSU.

Rizen
Jul 14, 2012, 09:53 PM
edit:
Actually, I was one of the first to disagree with the petition on the first page (shocker isn't it?), but I didn't go on insulting the OP. There is a difference between understanding and agreeing.

And by positive for the community, I mean he is actually trying to move the community in a direction of unifying rather than being destructive and have nothing else to say other than arguing/flaming/trolling/bashing etc.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 09:55 PM
or you could just send them hundreds of cupcakes...you know that works too.

Second strike. You've been reported again for provoking. I'm sure a Mod is going to have a field day with you when he sees the attitude you've displayed in this thread, despite the constant efforts to stop you from trolling.

Here you are still trying to get the last word with your snide little remarks. It was cute at first, now it's just downright annoying. You've hardly provided anything informative to this thread at all, so if you don't have anything constructive to say in the future in this thread, then you know where the door is.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 09:59 PM

ALL you had to say was that from the get go but instead you bashed me and I took to defend hard because of that. Like others have said, there is a difference between disagreeing and out right bashing someone which you did. Look man take your hate and focus it on leveling your character then. Just go play the game, you don't want a global server then don't sign the petition and go away. PROBLEM, SOLVED....

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 10:00 PM
Second strike. You've been reported again for provoking. I'm sure a Mod is going to have a field day with you when he sees the attitude you've displayed in this thread, despite the constant efforts to stop you from trolling.

Here you are still trying to get the last word with your snide little remarks. It was cute at first, now it's just downright annoying. You've hardly provided anything informative to this thread at all, so if you don't have anything constructive to say in the future in this thread, then you know where the door is.

*wondering how that small cupcake "joke" is provoking flames* do you really expect that people would get all pissed at him and start flaming him over a "joke" like THAT?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 10:02 PM
*wondering how that small joke is provoking flames* do you really expect that people would get all pissed at him and start flaming him over a joke like THAT?

You must have just joined. He's been doing this for a few pages. Simply put, he needs to either start contributing to the discussion or get out.

Go ahead. Flip a few pages back and you'll see plenty of his troll posts. It's 99% of what he has posted in the thread, so I feel the report was necessary. I already reported him earlier, but with him slipping that little remark in, he was just pouring salt into the wound which he had already created.

Enough is enough.

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
You must have just joined. He's been doing this for a few pages. Simply put, he needs to either start contributing to the discussion or get out.

Go ahead. Flip a few pages back and you'll see plenty of his troll posts. It's 99% of what he has posted in the thread, so I feel the report was necessary. I already reported him earlier, but with him slipping that little remark in, he was just pouring salt into the wound which he had already created.

Enough is enough.

I've been with this thread from when it started (I even signed the petition) and definitely don't agree with his bashing and trolling. Disagreeing is one thing but I don't agree with outright bashing the person over it.

I know he also should contribute in some way rather than just spamming it with flames and trolling but I was just wondering how that cupcake thing was supposed to be provoking people.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 10:09 PM
I've been with this thread from when it started (I even signed the petition) and definitely don't agree with his bashing and trolling. Disagreeing is one thing but I don't agree with outright bashing the person over it.

I know he also should contribute in some way rather than just spamming it with flames and trolling but I was just wondering how that cupcake thing was supposed to be provoking people.

Ah, my apologies then. I suppose, "provoking" wasn't the right term. Instigating would be more appropriate. He knows what he's doing.

He threw that remark in to sound like a smartass. If he hadn't been trolling prior to that post, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. In fact, I might have even laughed at it, but at this point, no. He's just acting childish, mocking us.

It's not beneficial to thread at all, so either he stops or he goes. As for me, I'm done here. I've said my piece. This started out as something with potential, but was quickly run into the ground by the haters. Some people need to understand how to disagree with someone without making themselves look like a jackass.

You don't need to go, "THIS IDEA SUCKS! YOU'RE RETARDED! THIS WILL NEVER WORK!" etc.

Anyway, hope the Mod can clean up the unfortunate mess we have left in this otherwise civilized thread we had. Good luck, OP.

EDIT:
what the fuck are you talking about?

It's this kind of attitude right here. Totally disrespectful, man. Not cool.

out of all my posts that one was actually being serious.

That... I have no words for this.

you're crazy.

Yeah. I'm the crazy one. Okay, guy.

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
Ah, my apologies then. I suppose, "provoking" wasn't the right term. Instigating would be more appropriate. He knows what he's doing.

He threw that remark in to sound like a smartass. If he hadn't been trolling prior to that post, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. In fact, I might have even laughed at it, but at this point, no. He's just acting childish, mocking us.

It's not beneficial to thread at all, so either he stops or he goes. As for me, I'm done here. I've said my piece. This started out as something with potential, but was quickly run into the ground by the haters. Some people need to understand how to disagree with someone without making themselves look like a jackass.

You don't need to go, "THIS IDEA SUCKS! YOU'RE RETARDED! THIS WILL NEVER WORK!" etc.

Anyway, hope the Mod can clean up the unfortunate mess we have left in this otherwise civilized thread we had. Good luck, OP.

EDIT:

It's this kind of attitude right here. Totally disrespectful, man. Not cool.

That... I have no words for this.

Yeah. I'm the crazy one. Okay, guy.

can't even admit you over reacted, read:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/27/mass-effect-3-protesters-sending-cupcakes-to-bioware/

edit:

oh and btw, i actually did come into this thread with a better attitude then now, with reasonable posts...if you want to look at all my previous posts, please do so. i started to get irritated when thermalwolf kept hounding people post after post after they disagreed with his notions.

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 10:13 PM

Yeah, by not signing it because you think it won't work is just giving it less of a chance of working. I also have been saying that people shouldn't just assume the worst possibility will happen. I mean, for all we know, PSO2 NA/EU could do much, much better than that of some others like PSU did. Assuming the worst will just make you more upset.

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 10:19 PM
Updated my post to clarify!

Also Griever, you may have came into this with a better attitude at first, but there is nothing wrong with me trying to convince you to change your idea on this petition. What was wrong was how you started hating me for it and bashing me and others. I have no problem in a respectful debate, but not a troll fight....

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 10:27 PM
Updated my post to clarify!

Also Griever, you may have came into this with a better attitude at first, but there is nothing wrong with me trying to convince you to change your idea on this petition. What was wrong was how you started hating me for it and bashing me and others. I have no problem in a respectful debate, but not a troll fight....

no one will admit that they over reacted on my cupcake quote? was it not a true fact? did it not work? point proven. You should totally send them cupcakes.

yes, debates are cool and i like them. Though I started getting annoyed that every time someone had another opinion that tended to disagree with your notion you would reply after reply (literally, check the first 8 pages) until you were "right"...so i...in all honesty just started doing the same thing back to you that you were doing onto others who happened to disagree with you. doesn't feel good does it :-?

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 10:31 PM
YouTube - Smash Mouth - Why Can&#39;t We Be Friends (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA)
Seriously why can't we? :(

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 10:32 PM
Just ignore it...

I even tried being polite to you -_-

You're starting arguments with like 6 people at once across different threads over nothing, Drop it and do your thing, The power of the people isn't about one guy being right and everyone having to think and act like him!

I don't agree with how he's saying people are saying it "like it is", he should've said people are saying their own opinions...
but for the most part this poster said it earlier in the thread, gotta say QFT.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 10:34 PM
YouTube - Smash Mouth - Why Can't We Be Friends (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA)
Seriously why can't we? :(

Why do youtube links auto-play here on PSO-W on the Steam overlay browser I'm on now, but on Firefox they don't? Shenanigans.

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
Why do youtube links auto-play here on PSO-W on the Steam overlay browser I'm on now, but on Firefox they don't? Shenanigans.

I have no idea o.o but like this thread it doesnt make sense and Im 63% done downloading pso2 :(

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 10:52 PM
no one will admit that they over reacted on my cupcake quote? was it not a true fact? did it not work? point proven. You should totally send them cupcakes.

yes, debates are cool and i like them. Though I started getting annoyed that every time someone had another opinion that tended to disagree with your notion you would reply after reply (literally, check the first 8 pages) until you were "right"...so i...in all honesty just started doing the same thing back to you that you were doing onto others who happened to disagree with you. doesn't feel good does it :-?

I'll have to look back to the cupcake comment but by that point why would you try to prove a point like that after we had such a heated argument.

Well for starters I'm trying to keep this petition alive, and considering the first few pages were all hate, well, didn't have a choice but to keep heavy tabs on the thread.

In any case I do actually apologize if how I feel offended you. Best of luck to your future endeavors.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 14, 2012, 10:53 PM
+^_^+ at all the flamin on this thread+^_^+
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w363/ChikTikka/fire_extinguisher.jpg

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 11:02 PM
Mods, this madness has gone on enough please dont bother locking this thread just nuke the thread.

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 11:04 PM
+^_^+ at all the flamin on this thread+^_^+
http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w363/ChikTikka/fire_extinguisher.jpg

Sup Chiky and Ive been wondering when someone was gonna get the extinguisher. <3

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 11:07 PM
Mods, this madness has gone on enough please dont bother locking this thread just nuke the thread.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, mods are gonna do what there gonna do, but I do need one of them flame extinguishers!!!!

Also 50+ signatures reached woot!

Also I went back to reread how a lot of the posts and I wanna apologize about one thing I did say but to also make sense of what I meant. Back in the first few pages I said your not a real fan if you don't try. I meant you're not a real fan if you don't try to stand up to the company to let them know how you feel. Again that is still wrong and well, left a massive bulls-eye on my e-forehead. That was wrong of me, I was venting because nobody was taking me seriously and mocking me, and I targeted everyone when I should've kept it at those targeting me. I have no right to judge who's a fan and who isn't. I was dead wrong. I'm not being forced into this or the such, I really do mean what I say when I say I am sorry.

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 11:35 PM
Really man come on....

I am comming on Wolfy and this thread didnt even had a chance. I know you had good intentions but we all need to stop fighting each other! They wanna play on japans region let'm you and me wanna play regional thats greāt! But Im gonna be a good guy and stand down from this thread and leave a video for the pso2 side of the forums
YouTube - Smash Mouth - Why Can&#39;t We Be Friends (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA)

Amoramora
Jul 14, 2012, 11:41 PM
EDIT: Actually nevermind, mods are gonna do what there gonna do, but I do need one of them flame extinguishers!!!!

Also 50+ signatures reached woot!

Also I went back to reread how a lot of the posts and I wanna apologize about one thing I did say but to also make sense of what I meant. Back in the first few pages I said your not a real fan if you don't try. I meant you're not a real fan if you don't try to stand up to the company to let them know how you feel. Again that is still wrong and well, left a massive bulls-eye on my e-forehead. That was wrong of me, I was venting because nobody was taking me seriously and mocking me, and I targeted everyone when I should've kept it at those targeting me. I have no right to judge who's a fan and who isn't. I was dead wrong. I'm not being forced into this or the such, I really do mean what I say when I say I am sorry.

Um, actually, I don't think it was just that. I think you'd have less pages full of flames if you had ignored all the posts that were just plain rude or intended to troll (like the second post, for example).

I really liked your first post (before your....revisions) and thought that you were really brave for putting an idea out there, especially a petition, and I really respected you for it.

Your idea and your attempt was respectable, but the way you went about "encouraging" others wasn't the best.. You attract more bees with honey than vinegar, yes? ^_^;;

Thermalwolf
Jul 14, 2012, 11:47 PM
Um, actually, I don't think it was just that. I think you'd have less pages full of flames if you had ignored all the posts that were just plain rude or intended to troll (like the second post, for example).

I really liked your first post (before your....revisions) and thought that you were really brave for putting an idea out there, especially a petition, and I really respected you for it.

Your idea and your attempt was respectable, but the way you went about "encouraging" others wasn't the best.. You attract more bees with honey than vinegar, yes? ^_^;;

I thank you for that respect! Alas though as much as I wanna continue to be as upfront as I can about things like I was at first, most people just take toooo much offense... I would love to have kept my original post the way it was, but it's just gonna keep bringing in the trolls and the haters, so I'm gonna have to keep it dumbed down for the sake of the thread, I don't want it closed, and I'm sure it's getting border lined to being shutdown thanks to all the hate :(

But it means a lot to finally hear that, really makes me wish I had not of changed it!

Also I'm off for the night then. Mind on drama overload........ Thanks again for the support ladies and gents and I'll see you in the AM :D

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 15, 2012, 12:25 AM

heh yeah that's why I signed it, I honestly do not care for petitions or the like, but hell it wont hurt, took me 5 seconds. I will say that people seem to think there are legit reasons why the servers can not all be one, and there really are not. Besides I am not assuming that Sega will F this up, I am leaving heavy towards they will, based off past actions.

ashley50
Jul 15, 2012, 12:30 AM

This pic says it all.

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1336376163275.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Shade_Koopa
Jul 15, 2012, 12:56 AM
Wow...i mean, yeah for trying to get a petition but honestly, SEGA will not listen to us. Half the US players will just go to the JPN servers. the other half will try it out before they release, it's sucks because JPN gets all the good stuff. PSO 2 US is already dead. SEGA has no love for us.

Sinue_v2
Jul 15, 2012, 01:36 AM
I will say that people seem to think there are legit reasons why the servers can not all be one, and there really are not.

Yeah, there kind of are. It has to do with promotional tie-ins and the licensing of content for cross-overs across territorial boundaries. I'll cut & paste DeviFoxx's response in a similar petition thread since it's pretty much spot on and explains the issue better than I could.

Hope you don't mind Devi,
[spoiler-box]
Original Post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2664879&postcount=189)

Allow me to direct your attention to a fighting game released last year for Nintendo Wii called Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.

This game features characters from the universe of Capcom video games (Ryu, Chun-Li, and Alex from "Street Fighter 1, 2, and 3". MegaMan Volnutt from "MegaMan Legends". Morrigan from "DarkStalkers". Viewtiful Joe from "Viewtiful Joe", etc.)

Versus characters from the anime company Tatsunoko Productions (Ken the Eagle, Jun the Swan from "Science Ninja Team Gatchaman". Karas from "Karas: the Prophecy". Casshern from "Neo-Human Casshern". Tekkaman from "Tekkaman". Gold Lightan from "Gold Lightan". etc.)

Originally, this game was going to be Japan-only. However, when fans of the Vs. fighting series got wind of it, they badgered Capcom's American and European branches to bring the game to the west. Which was all fine and dandy. However...

Tatsunoko held all the Japanese distribution and production rights and licenses to all the Tatsunoko characters, because they're the ones who made each anime series. However...

Many years prior, decades even, different AMERICAN and EUROPEAN television companies like Saban, ADV Films, Pioneer (now known as "Geneon"), Manga Entertainment, and whoever else bought the licensing rights to produce English / Spanish / French / Italian / etc. versions of these series.

So guess what that meant?

When TvsC came to the west, Capcom would have to pay royalty fees and ask for publishing rights--not to Tatsunoko Productions in Japan--but to the people who bought the rights for distribution in other countries (Saban, ADV, Geneon, Pioneer, Manga, etc.)

Capcom had to make a LOT of phone calls and cut through a LOT of legal red tape just to bring the game to the west. One character, Hakushon Daimao (known as the TV series "Bob the Genie" in Europe) got cut out of the Western version because Capcom couldn't get legal rights for him (although they got four characters to replace him, so it's all good).

Anyway, the point is that Phantasy Star Portable 2, like TvsC, has a lot of collaboration and cross-over stuff in it. various Manga like Fate/Stay Night, Bobobo Bo Bo Bo-Bo, Hunter X Hunter, Neon Genesis Evangelion... then the Vocaloid series with Hatsune Miku and the gang... Then collaborations with Fanta Soda, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken... that's a LOT of legal stuff to go through, which is why stuff gets cut / edited in the western version in the first place. Because while it may be easy in Japan to secure these legal rights, it's harder in the west.[/spoiler-box]

In short, copyright restrictions cause a LOT of red-tape and may involve dozens of companies, and it's excessive financial burdens that Sega doesn't need when it comes to trying to manage and support their online titles. These sorts of tie-ins/cross-promotional deals are (if PSP2i is any indication) going to be a major way in which Sega encourages extra sales through their AC cash-shop.

Yeah, it technically could be done... but it's going to create so much extra expenditures and effort to do it, with minimal returns, that I don't blame Sega for not wanting to bother. Secondly, even if the servers were merged, Sega may still have to resort to using placeholders and generic models to "swap out" content that they don't have the right to distribute to western territories. Or it would just be cut altogether, since it wouldn't generate much in sales being generic crap. In either case it equates to the same scenario... the JP players getting a bunch of content that US/EU players can't access.

Razelis
Jul 15, 2012, 01:46 AM
Also signed!

moorebounce
Jul 15, 2012, 01:59 AM
Sorry bud I won't put all my info on that petition.

Arika
Jul 15, 2012, 02:00 AM

FF14 1.0 and 2.0 are both global server, so I think they can do it, there must be a way at least if they try to.

Inside, I actually think that SEGA just want to make another split server so that it will draw hacker attention away from JP server into the new English one.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 15, 2012, 02:14 AM
Sorry bud I won't put all my info on that petition.

this, it just screamed "PHISHING" at me+^_^+

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 15, 2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah, there kind of are. It has to do with promotional tie-ins and the licensing of content for cross-overs across territorial boundaries. I'll cut & paste DeviFoxx's response in a similar petition thread since it's pretty much spot on and explains the issue better than I could.

Hope you don't mind Devi,
[spoiler-box]
Original Post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2664879&postcount=189)

Allow me to direct your attention to a fighting game released last year for Nintendo Wii called Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.

This game features characters from the universe of Capcom video games (Ryu, Chun-Li, and Alex from "Street Fighter 1, 2, and 3". MegaMan Volnutt from "MegaMan Legends". Morrigan from "DarkStalkers". Viewtiful Joe from "Viewtiful Joe", etc.)

Versus characters from the anime company Tatsunoko Productions (Ken the Eagle, Jun the Swan from "Science Ninja Team Gatchaman". Karas from "Karas: the Prophecy". Casshern from "Neo-Human Casshern". Tekkaman from "Tekkaman". Gold Lightan from "Gold Lightan". etc.)

Originally, this game was going to be Japan-only. However, when fans of the Vs. fighting series got wind of it, they badgered Capcom's American and European branches to bring the game to the west. Which was all fine and dandy. However...

Tatsunoko held all the Japanese distribution and production rights and licenses to all the Tatsunoko characters, because they're the ones who made each anime series. However...

Many years prior, decades even, different AMERICAN and EUROPEAN television companies like Saban, ADV Films, Pioneer (now known as "Geneon"), Manga Entertainment, and whoever else bought the licensing rights to produce English / Spanish / French / Italian / etc. versions of these series.

So guess what that meant?

When TvsC came to the west, Capcom would have to pay royalty fees and ask for publishing rights--not to Tatsunoko Productions in Japan--but to the people who bought the rights for distribution in other countries (Saban, ADV, Geneon, Pioneer, Manga, etc.)

Capcom had to make a LOT of phone calls and cut through a LOT of legal red tape just to bring the game to the west. One character, Hakushon Daimao (known as the TV series "Bob the Genie" in Europe) got cut out of the Western version because Capcom couldn't get legal rights for him (although they got four characters to replace him, so it's all good).

Anyway, the point is that Phantasy Star Portable 2, like TvsC, has a lot of collaboration and cross-over stuff in it. various Manga like Fate/Stay Night, Bobobo Bo Bo Bo-Bo, Hunter X Hunter, Neon Genesis Evangelion... then the Vocaloid series with Hatsune Miku and the gang... Then collaborations with Fanta Soda, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken... that's a LOT of legal stuff to go through, which is why stuff gets cut / edited in the western version in the first place. Because while it may be easy in Japan to secure these legal rights, it's harder in the west.[/spoiler-box]

In short, copyright restrictions cause a LOT of red-tape and may involve dozens of companies, and it's excessive financial burdens that Sega doesn't need when it comes to trying to manage and support their online titles. These sorts of tie-ins/cross-promotional deals are (if PSP2i is any indication) going to be a major way in which Sega encourages extra sales through their AC cash-shop.

Yeah, it technically could be done... but it's going to create so much extra expenditures and effort to do it, with minimal returns, that I don't blame Sega for not wanting to bother. Secondly, even if the servers were merged, Sega may still have to resort to using placeholders and generic models to "swap out" content that they don't have the right to distribute to western territories. Or it would just be cut altogether, since it wouldn't generate much in sales being generic crap. In either case it equates to the same scenario... the JP players getting a bunch of content that US/EU players can't access.

Still bull, Capcom was able to do it, and a lot of that can be avoided but just not allowing us to get said content (like the KFC outfit). At least Sega could try as hard as Capcom did, would not hurt them to do so.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 08:13 AM
Capcom has a lot of talents...

Like making Megamen disappear!

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 15, 2012, 08:26 AM

lol yeah I put in "none" as my address and other info ;p

Peejay
Jul 15, 2012, 08:31 AM
lol yeah I put in "none" as my address and other info ;p

Glad to know everyone's been drinking bleach. That's a legit, though kind of shitty website, and I don't see any portion to put in your -account details- so I think you're okay.

Also, Sinue_v2, if that were the entire case, a western release of PSO2 wouldn't happen at all, and everything that PSO2 Japan is doing is completely legal in the states through a cash shop currency loophole, which is probably their only issue.

pso2love
Jul 15, 2012, 09:54 AM

If you are going to sign something serious, then you have to be serious. Would you want a bunch of fake signatures on a petition? I wouldn't, not if I want SEGA to take me and others seriously. City and state, along with your first and last name are shown, the rest is hidden from public view. It's showing that when you sign something like this, that your signature is a legit one, and not fake like the voter fraud we have here in the united states.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 15, 2012, 11:12 AM
If you are going to sign something serious, then you have to be serious. Would you want a bunch of fake signatures on a petition? I wouldn't, not if I want SEGA to take me and others seriously. City and state, along with your first and last name are shown, the rest is hidden from public view. It's showing that when you sign something like this, that your signature is a legit one, and not fake like the voter fraud we have here in the united states.

There is being serious, and then there is being stupid..... that site does not need my physical address or phone number for any reason, and they only got my email I use for this kind of thing, not my main email.

Akumetsu
Jul 15, 2012, 01:29 PM
Capcom has a lot of talents...

Like making Megamen disappear!

you dont even know my excitement when i heard he was in SFxT... Damn you Capcom...

Thermalwolf
Jul 15, 2012, 06:43 PM
There is being serious, and then there is being stupid..... that site does not need my physical address or phone number for any reason, and they only got my email I use for this kind of thing, not my main email.

I understand that some people are not comfortable with giving out there address but Change.org is a legitimate site, just go to the front page, and anybody can forge lots of emails for signatures but it's much more difficult to forge an address and phone number. It's possible but not as easy as a click like with an email. I'm sorry there's no way around it if you wanna sign, but if not, I perfectly understand.