PDA

View Full Version : Buying AC without putting in a false address.

D-Inferno
Jul 13, 2012, 01:44 PM
I heard some people were able to buy AC without even putting in an address... I'm also not sure if by "fake address" they mean one that was made up, or simply using another place's address. And is using said other address even legal?

I also heard that there was this Japanese export site that gives you an address... If anyonehas used that place, could they post some steps on getting AC?

I just want to get a bit of AC without having to create other issues.

Sizustar
Jul 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
Those people that "didn't" input address are older SegaID user that inputed address info for previous game.

HFlowen
Jul 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
I get the feeling no one will give a damn on their end so long as they get your monies.

I used Sega HQ in japan for my address, think a lot of other people did the same.

D-Inferno
Jul 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
I see. Still, is it illegal to use an address that isn't yours? Like some random KFC for example.

ashley50
Jul 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
IF you're not comfortable with it, you can use alternate methods to buy AC.

http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/chargeguide/

D-Inferno
Jul 13, 2012, 01:59 PM
Said alternative methods still need a guide though....

Rhedrimond
Jul 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
You can also use Tenso (http://www.tenso.com/en/) to get a legal Japanese address for yourself. If you choose the Paypal option, they don't ask for CC information and don't charge you anything.

Speaking of charges, has anyone else still not had their AC purchases taken out by Sega? I got my AC long ago, but the authorization holds/pending transactions disappeared...

MissMalice
Jul 13, 2012, 02:38 PM
Like some random KFC for example.

HA! That's what I did. c:

D-Inferno
Jul 13, 2012, 03:22 PM
You can also use Tenso (http://www.tenso.com/en/) to get a legal Japanese address for yourself. If you choose the Paypal option, they don't ask for CC information and don't charge you anything.

Speaking of charges, has anyone else still not had their AC purchases taken out by Sega? I got my AC long ago, but the authorization holds/pending transactions disappeared...

Yeah that is what I was referring to. Do you put the money into Tenso, or does it just give you an address?

And by Paypal you mean on Tenso, correct? SEGA has no PP.

Rhedrimond
Jul 13, 2012, 03:26 PM
Nah, you don't give Tenso anything-- you sign up for a free account, and they give you an address. During the registration process, Tenso asks for your CC number (in the event you do use their pay service). Instead of inputting that, choose the Paypal option, and they don't ask for any payment information.

Once you register, they give you a Japanese address and phone number for you to use. The Sega website accepts this just fine. On the Sega payment page, you can even type your name in English (use full alphanumeric) and then just translate your name into kana in the second box. This way all your info is legit.

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm just gonna tag myself a post here so I can find this later. I'm having difficulty getting myself some AC (On the other hand, my force is rocking her striking mag), so I want to try as many options as I can.

sugarFO
Jul 13, 2012, 03:30 PM

I called my bank and they told me that it's on SEGA's end to put it through their banking or whatever. Because a pending charge means it was checking if you have the money. I don't know why they haven't pulled the money from my account, but my bank told me it's not on their end.

RSmiroldo
Jul 13, 2012, 03:39 PM
I called my bank and they told me that it's on SEGA's end to put it through their banking or whatever. Because a pending charge means it was checking if you have the money. I don't know why they haven't pulled the money from my account, but my bank told me it's not on their end.

My bank said the same thing.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
yeah, i bought 5 bucks of ac on opening day, still hasn't shown on my records yet.

D-Inferno
Jul 13, 2012, 04:11 PM
Nah, you don't give Tenso anything-- you sign up for a free account, and they give you an address. During the registration process, Tenso asks for your CC number (in the event you do use their pay service). Instead of inputting that, choose the Paypal option, and they don't ask for any payment information.

Once you register, they give you a Japanese address and phone number for you to use. The Sega website accepts this just fine. On the Sega payment page, you can even type your name in English (use full alphanumeric) and then just translate your name into kana in the second box. This way all your info is legit.

Alright, though just to double check, I'm still going to have to use a credit card on SEGA's site, right?

Also, for the name, could you just punch your name into Google translator, or does that not really work?

Rhedrimond
Jul 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, that's what my bank said, too-- was just checking if it was the same situation for everyone, and if anyone had a clue what was up with Sega.

Alright, though just to double check, I'm still going to have to use a credit card on SEGA's site, right?

Also, for the name, could you just punch your name into Google translator, or does that not really work?

You'll have to use a credit card on Sega's website, unless you use webmoney (which has a huge markup and you have to jump through some more hoops to obtain).

As for putting your name in katakana, sometimes Google Translate works. The easiest way is to just type out the sounds of your name with your keyboard set to katakana. Also, http://jisho.org/ is a Japanese dictionary that lists some Western surnames in kana. You could try searching there.

Clunker
Jul 13, 2012, 05:43 PM
Tagging this thread for reference too.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 13, 2012, 05:44 PM
I'm just gonna tag myself a post here so I can find this later. I'm having difficulty getting myself some AC (On the other hand, my force is rocking her striking mag), so I want to try as many options as I can.

same here as in the future I do plan to get some arks cash.

bloodflowers
Jul 13, 2012, 05:52 PM

Excellent post - I needed a JP address for other things, I didn't realise that's how this service works, I thought it was more like Rinkya.

Saffran
Jul 13, 2012, 06:48 PM
Seriously, people, isn't there a guide about this already ?

Write your regular infos, your TRUE infos.
The only things to remember are that some fields require "full width caracters" and that you need to indicate some japanese district in the adress.

In my case I simple wrote 東京都 before my real, honest-to-god adress.

It worked on PSOBB, on PSU, and it works on PSO2.

There's a whole section in the ToS about not using bogus infos. I risk being banned as well - apach, France is not remotely in the Tokyo district - but at least they can see that I tried being honest with them...

Yexes
Jul 13, 2012, 07:37 PM
※ purchase the maximum amount of AC are as follows.
Up to: 5,000 yen under the age of 13
Up to 20,000 yen: 13 years of age or under 20 years of age
No purchase limit: 20 years of age or older
wat

Darkling
Aug 5, 2012, 03:16 AM

Thanks alot totally forgot about tenso for a moment:-D

Limbo_lag
Aug 5, 2012, 04:37 AM
Nice thread. Bookmarked for future reference, in case I ever decide to buy AC.

Valymer
Aug 5, 2012, 06:01 AM
Tenso got me an address, but SEGA won't accept my credit card, so just a waste of time:

「入力されたクレジットカードで決済することができませんでした。
クレジットカード会社に直接お問い合わせください。」

Oh well I guess in reality they are doing me a favor, don't need to waste more money on video games anyway

Mystil
Aug 5, 2012, 06:33 AM
You all with issues using your CC should really check out the webmoney method. And get paypal, link your card to it and go from there.

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2012, 06:57 AM
But first you should see if you can buy 500 AC. If you can, just buy it intermittently every half hour. It's way cheaper.

Valymer
Aug 5, 2012, 07:55 AM
I'd rather not pay the considerable markup for Webmoney, but it seems like there is no other choice.

Why would I be able to buy 500ac but not other amounts?

edit: wow, it worked...just bought 500ac. Makes no sense but thanks for the tip!! only two more purchases for premium access o_O

Shadowth117
Aug 5, 2012, 09:21 AM
But first you should see if you can buy 500 AC. If you can, just buy it intermittently every half hour. It's way cheaper.

Aside from the extra charge for each purchase overseas, yeah. That's the only one that works right now for me though :X

For anyone who's worried about the address thing, I can reassure you that I and many others played JP PSU for a long time with usual fake identification and addresses without any problems. Its very unlikely they would choose to act negatively toward you, especially considering the game's pay model.

Link1275
Aug 5, 2012, 01:09 PM
Ahem, you know how a lot of you haven't gotten billed yet? You'd better be putting money away where you can send it to sega, they will come for their money eventually. They're just waiting for you to get a lot of money so that they can bankrupt you in one swift blow to your bank account(talking like a $1,000+ charge in a year or so).

Saffran
Aug 5, 2012, 02:10 PM
Link, apparently you don't know how credit cards work. You get billed either at the end or at the beginning of the month - which means that actually, most of us DID get billed.
I saw the numbers on my accound on August the 2nd.