PDA

View Full Version : few questions

Cry0
Jul 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hello, I've been lurking the forums these past few weeks since i've been aching to get back into pso, whateverform it has taken recently. So I want to join pso2. I was willing to wait until it was released in us/eu, but seeing as the servers aren't global, and I remember psu pretty well, I believe that'll be a mistake. So I want to start up on the jppso2 servers. However, I have a few concerns:

I read at a few locations that the game was translated (by individual people). Does this mean that I can download a translated client? If so, where? And will I be able to see translated weapon names and follow the story? Or is it just key directions that are translated?

Is there a step by step registration guide for the full game somewhere? Because I tried looking in the game guides but they seem mostly to talk about the actual gameplay.

How large a portion of the population is english; and do we have a location/ship/server where you meet?

on a scale of 1 being psu and 10 being pso, how awesome is this one in comparison? :D

Thanks in advance, and I hope to be joining you guys again soon :)

ashley50
Jul 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 01:59 PM
Hello, I've been lurking the forums these past few weeks since i've been aching to get back into pso, whateverform it has taken recently. So I want to join pso2. I was willing to wait until it was released in us/eu, but seeing as the servers aren't global, and I remember psu pretty well, I believe that'll be a mistake. So I want to start up on the jppso2 servers. However, I have a few concerns:

I read at a few locations that the game was translated (by individual people). Does this mean that I can download a translated client? If so, where? And will I be able to see translated weapon names and follow the story? Or is it just key directions that are translated?

Is there a step by step registration guide for the full game somewhere? Because I tried looking in the game guides but they seem mostly to talk about the actual gameplay.

How large a portion of the population is english; and do we have a location/ship/server where you meet?

on a scale of 1 being psu and 10 being pso, how awesome is this one in comparison? :D

Thanks in advance, and I hope to be joining you guys again soon :)

1. A translated client does not exist, nor is talking about any type of translated/english patch on this forum. There IS however, an english patch for the character creation demo, which you can use to transfer that character to the real game. Read about it here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197870

2. Same link as above, step-by-step guide on how to register. I also reccomend this guide here: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/ Has everything you need.

3. Most of english players are on ship 2 and ship 10, in blocks 20-23 and 30. Other ships as well you will mostly find english players on the same blocks, since currently, ship 1-5 and ship 10 are blocked from making new characters.

Halcyote
Jul 13, 2012, 02:01 PM
you can't download a patch; you can only read guides to know what's going on in the story as well as how to manuver yourself through the game.

bumped.org/psublog and pso2blog are really good resources on pretty much everything in the game so far; it'd also help to check the guides & resources forum here on psow as well for various other things.

it's a sizeable amount of english-speaking players across all the ships, but the main psow hub is ship 2. however currently most of the ships are temp. locked for character creation so you'll have to wait until wednesday to join ship 2 if you're patient. if not then go ahead and create on whatever ship is open (i think it's 9). general consensus of block gathering is block 20.

5, because the game is a mixture of both. psu wasn't that bad and pso wasn't that great. pso2 is a decent marriage of all the modern ps games.