PDA

View Full Version : Mission Rating question

Dregs
Jul 13, 2012, 02:29 PM
So i know that the the 700 /300 split is based on monster kills / - points for rezing in ship. What i need to know is if there is a way to check during a mission what your current 700 point raiting is. I keep failing the timed caves orders because im not killing enough stuff. help!

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
There isn't.

Dregs
Jul 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
sigh.... ok 2nd question then. so when you do the "code" events in a mission the popup goes : (text) EXP (#) (text) (#). i'm woundering if that second number is added to the 700 for rank?

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 03:04 PM
That is the amount of Meseta you get for finishing the code successfully. You can copy over those messages from the chat log and translate them using Google Translate.

Dregs
Jul 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
cool... so then basicly the only way to do timed missions is know how long it takes you to kill the boss, and chain kill between 2 known spawn points untill your non boss time runs out.....

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
As long as you kill every enemy spawn that you trigger from walking into new blocks of the map, that should be enough to s-rank any mission.
This strategy has never failed me yet.

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
There is also this thread but I never got any confirmation of anyone and ever since never had any mission that required me to S-Rank so I couldn't confirm that myself. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197361)

AlMcFly
Jul 13, 2012, 03:26 PM
As long as you kill every enemy spawn that you trigger from walking into new blocks of the map, that should be enough to s-rank any mission.

Although this is not at all necessary. I move onto the next zone if I've killed AT LEAST 4 spawn groups. Some maps you can get to the end without spawning more than two groups. Do not move on after that. Run to unexplored areas until you have taken down four groups. S Rank will likely follow.

mctastee
Jul 13, 2012, 06:44 PM
This. On a side note though, I do know that each monster type is worth so many points and that's what adds up to the 700. The 300 I think is for completing mission objectives.

Ana-Chan
Jul 13, 2012, 06:58 PM

It has actually failed me a few times, ending up with somewhere in the region of 500-600 points. Well, either way, if you are going through multi party area maps then things can get interesting.