PDA

View Full Version : The PSO2 Community

sessilu04
Jul 13, 2012, 02:50 PM
So after a few years, my initial argument still stands to this day.

The Phantasy Star Online series has always had the best community I have ever seen in 'an online game since EVER. (Never tried official WoW so I can't depart there).

Does this still stand true in PSO2? Seeing as most of the english players come from PSO-WORLD and there's quite a few JP Players roaming about in the servers.

Give out your thoughts. :)

P.S. :frenchfries: Here's some fries for your trouble.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
Better then the 360 PSU community+^_^+ and one of the best I've played with+^_^+ The JP players are all very nice too and many know English better then me+^_^+

Agitated_AT
Jul 13, 2012, 03:00 PM
Defenitly! But the symbol chat needs some restrictions. What I saw today was kind of disgusting, and it didnt involve breasts so it was worse(sigh)

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
Defenitly! But the symbol chat needs some restrictions. What I saw today was kind of disgusting, and it didnt involve breasts so it was worse(sigh)

I can see that being a problem when the NA/EU server launches lol......

Macman
Jul 13, 2012, 03:11 PM
Hope the blacklist has a high capacity...

AlMcFly
Jul 13, 2012, 03:17 PM
I've found the PSO population is definitely unique and less concerned with the same type of in-game crap you would find from die-hard fans of other games. This is a good thing I think.

Vintasticvin
Jul 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
I've found the PSO population is definitely unique and less concerned with the same type of in-game crap you would find from die-hard fans of other games. This is a good thing I think.

You forgot to have mentione the unbridaled rage hatred and desire to see the game fall in to destruction.

Dan Maku
Jul 13, 2012, 04:10 PM
I dunno...Tribes 2 had a wicked awesome community...

But PSO2 is definitely up there. :3

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 04:12 PM
The game isn't out yet so can't really say too much about the community.

Jungo Torii
Jul 13, 2012, 04:13 PM
I kind of agree with restrictions on symbol chat but honestly have no idea how they could enforce restrictions without going all "big brother" on us.

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
The game isn't out yet so can't really say too much about the community.

It's not out yet? This may be the longest shared hallucination in history then.

jooozek
Jul 13, 2012, 04:16 PM
I kind of agree with restrictions on symbol chat but honestly have no idea how they could enforce restrictions without going all "big brother" on us.

Haven't seen anything "useful" yet in symbol chat and don't care for the general spam so for me an option to disable seeing it altogether would suffice. Or a switch to see it only from Friends/Team members. There is plenty ways to go around it.

It's not out yet? This may be the longest shared hallucination in history then.
Let's see... no, nope.
(http://sadpanda.us/images/1078508-FMBNHCR.png)

Jungo Torii
Jul 13, 2012, 04:29 PM
Haven't seen anything "useful" yet in symbol chat and don't care for the general spam so for me an option to disable seeing it altogether would suffice. Or a switch to see it only from Friends/Team members. There is plenty ways to go around it.

Yeah, this sounds like the best way to go about restricting symbol chat to me (leave it to the players). I probably should have thought of that before typing.

MissMalice
Jul 13, 2012, 05:39 PM
I would say that the community is about the same as other communities I've been in/around. [Which is a good thing!] Like with every online community, there will be a few trolls and general "bad apples", but overall, I like it here. c:

I will say that this is the most helpful community I've ever been in by far~

mctastee
Jul 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
I would say that the community is about the same as other communities I've been in/around. [Which is a good thing!] Like with every online community, there will be a few trolls and general "bad apples", but overall, I like it here. c:

I will say that this is the most helpful community I've ever been in by far~

Not to mention the most intelligent. Yea, I really just said that. Kinda gives you an idea of the kinds of communities I have seen, right?

Meruru
Jul 13, 2012, 07:10 PM
As long as you stay away from the lobby and just play maps the community is actually pretty good ^^. I don't think I've ever had a problem with the community in any pso, you guys are great lol.

HadouMetsu
Jul 13, 2012, 07:10 PM
I've loved the players of PSO dearly since the original xbox days. They're all helpful and are mostly down for any mission, a lot of fun

Twigod
Jul 14, 2012, 03:49 AM
I think it actually helps there's no PvP, that really adds to it. We can only be peaceful and cooperative, there is nothing else. I think it's worth it.

Crimera
Jul 14, 2012, 03:54 AM
I think it actually helps there's no PvP, that really adds to it. We can only be peaceful and cooperative, there is nothing else. I think it's worth it.

I've noticed this too as well. Less "elitists" as they say.

This means that even my enemies have to play with me and have fun!^^;

Ranmaru
Jul 14, 2012, 04:10 AM
I also like the community. I guess there isn't as much stress as you would get in a game like LoL.

It's just:

lvl 3 guydude: Hey I'm only lvl 3 ;-;
level10MAN: WAT?? TIME TO DO YOUR QUESTS D:>
lvl 3 guydude: yay

*they go on a jillion quests and have fun*

Tomeeboy
Jul 14, 2012, 04:23 AM
Yeah, definitely the coolest ;)

</biased>

FenixStryk
Jul 14, 2012, 04:29 AM
It's okay. I can think of a few other games that I feel had better communities, but this one isn't dreadful.

Snitch
Jul 14, 2012, 04:35 AM
Ye those Art chat bubbles are going overboard :P And what is funny is that Tera EU Disabled guild icon creation. To counter bad content from players ( like flashy boobs, penetration etc etc... ) So not supprised if its gone in the EU/NA ver of PSO2 lol