PDA

View Full Version : Error 114 after launching

KireekMewzeek
Jul 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
Hey all,

Me, a friend & brother trying to start playing the game, unfortunately on my brothers pc we get error 114. He can load up the launcher no problem, but then he hits the top button, everything initialises as usual then suddenly GameGuard pops up with an error report and then opens a firefox window with the FAQ for error 114.

Solutions we've tried:

Everything on the GameGuard FAQ page.

Updating video drivers

Deleting gameguard files and patching in new one

Reinstalling

Admin privs

Changing graphic settings

Disabling/enabling Catalyst Control Centre

Windows Updates

Disabling firewall + antivirus

Using my Gameguard files

We're on the same network so I doubt it's a router firewall issue. I've googled it and searched many forums/articles about it, I only found one poster who fixed it, and he never told anyone what he did to solve it. Specs should be fine with Phenom 955, 5850 HD, 4GB

Cheers

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 13, 2012, 07:12 PM
Are you using vista OS? My laptop crashed because of it and its slightly lesser than what you're posting.

KireekMewzeek
Jul 14, 2012, 07:57 PM
Are you using vista OS? My laptop crashed because of it and its slightly lesser than what you're posting.

Not sure if I should keep posting on this thread as I only discovered the tech forum after posting but, no it's on Windows 7 32 bit.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 14, 2012, 08:02 PM
Not sure if I should keep posting on this thread as I only discovered the tech forum after posting but, no it's on Windows 7 32 bit.

press start, type dxdiag, hit enter, save all info, copy/paste system specs txt here, include the display info as well+^_^+
also, use msconfig and in the startup tab disable all non essential programs you can and reboot+^_^+