PDA

View Full Version : How to play "legit" on PSO2 like PSO.

Ryno
Jul 13, 2012, 05:04 PM
1. start from level one.
2. no purchasing AC for anything item that includes room and clothing.
3. play with legit non AC players.
4. when you level and build your way then you can search in player shops that. that item is there for you from AC players bought that they dont need but in lower price instead of what current price is what is today.
easy and done. meaning they wasted their money and you did not!
5. it saves money too!

it takes time but it's the hardcore way of leveling from start to finish! just like Original PSO. (excluding hackers )
the hardcore players level legit!
So pretend like AC never exists!
and make only FUN exist! :)
just use FUN as your AC. because
Sega just wants your money if you play for AC! :D

So far I've been %100 percent legit.

I am level 10 with 27k meseta since level 1! :D
the game has only been out for about a week and im already level 10. there is no rush. so what's the rush? level legit! :D

too legit to quit!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/pso20120713_175317_001.jpg

gigawuts
Jul 13, 2012, 05:08 PM
Sega only wants our money? You don't say...

Gama
Jul 13, 2012, 05:09 PM
dont think you get leveling boosts from ac, the only thing id use ac is for another mag.

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
Why wouldn't be legit to buy AC? SEGA put them in the game so you can use them. <_<

darkfalz16
Jul 13, 2012, 05:14 PM
you can buy 100% exp boost items with ac

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
And then do lobbydance for the rest of the time. xD

I never understood why people is so hasty. All I need is to reach enough level top use the equip I like, after that capping my char seems like I lose time playing with it.

gigawuts
Jul 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
You do realize PSO had an upfront cost, right? And you had to buy a Dreamcast to use it, which also gave Sega some profits?

Seriously. What is this ridiculous stigma with paying in a free to play game. It's not "wasting" money. Sega runs the game SPECIFICALLY TO MAKE MONEY.

If nobody pays, nobody plays. It's that simple.

You'd better be thankful other people are "wasting" their money paying for server maintenance and the paychecks of everyone working on the game - past, present, and future.

Ryno
Jul 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
Why wouldn't be legit to buy AC? SEGA put them in the game so you can use them. <_<

talking about being Original like PSO most how you would play Orginal PSO with nothing to purchase except monthly

. instead of purchasing AC every time. and then at the end when you have the meseta saved up then you can purchase it. :D

and then some of the players will be like. "I've wasted my money on AC and it went down in price. "

dont think you get leveling boosts from ac, the only thing id use ac is for another mag.

you can but it's a waste of money. and if you want to level the legit way like PSO. start from level one. :D
and the Mag. we all know where to hunt for a mag instead of purchasing one. for AC.
that coffee mission.

Darki
Jul 13, 2012, 05:25 PM
talking about being Original like PSO most how you would play Orginal PSO with nothing to purchase except monthly

. instead of purchasing AC every time. and then at the end when you have the meseta saved up then you can purchase it. :D

and then some of the players will be like. "I've wasted my money on AC and it went down in price. "

So, what's the difference between spending 10~15$ monthly to play a game (plus as was said, the console you needed, plus the game itself), and spending 10~15$ in using AC for similar purposes (unloking some premium content like trade, shops etc)? By the way, Coffee's order gives you only ONE mag. You can't have more mags like you could in PSO. In fact, without premium package you're playing below PSO conditions as you can't even trade items with your friends. If you wanted to play "legit" I'd understand that you decided to get just the premium package and play as if it was a P2P, I don't really dig the AC gacha and the exp boosters, but this?

I just don't see the point on this thread. Bassically you're taking pride in enjoying a game without returning any show of appreciation to its creator. For me, playing "legit" would be trying to purchase the premium package at least on the months I'm sure I'll play intensively. Which is what I'll probably do.

RocSage
Jul 13, 2012, 06:11 PM
So if you were playing like PSOv1 you'd be buying AC so you can trade.

Mracless
Jul 13, 2012, 06:24 PM
Are we supposed to respect you for not supporting the game?

kantaris
Jul 13, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yes, let's not give Sega any money, last thing we want is them to turn a profit and then invest more in to the game.

funkyskunk
Jul 13, 2012, 06:35 PM
I bought 2 character slots and probably going to buy some item slot expansions. Guess I'm not legit anymore.

You can get EXP boosters from FUN scratch, Client Orders and Title awards. I'd class those as not legit really if you want to test yourself.

Lastly, buying rares? Legit is all about finding your own stuff and not accepting hand-me-downs. Kids today...

Ryno
Jul 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
If you guys want to know the real reason why I play somewhat legit.
here is the real reason
I have bad luck in the game. But in a good way.. I think God i calling me not to spend.

1. can't buy AC due to having fraud on my credit card/debit card from buying AC because it's international .
2. Can't buy AC again due to gift card / prepaid cards not working after I spent $100 on it. Even tried it with the vanilla gift card and still does not work. Even if I activate it too as well.
3. My game freezes / my computer blacks out for a second while I'm playing in a party. ( 2-4 player party ) from needing a new computer. Which I had one. too much lag from an extra player causes graphical lag.
4. I recently bought a new computer for PSO2 but then I had to return it because I had a slight flood seeping through two of my rooms due to tropical storm Debbie . And did not renew my flood insurance because did not think it would be this bad. Well.. It is. And paid $7000 just to pay the damage. Lol

So you know what I do to play.

I solo! / play legit.

i was going to post this other part why I play somewhat legit from the begining but was afraid this topic might get moved to probably rant. because no body does not talk about PSO2 there unless its a moved topic. becuase of getting fraud credit card and then getting $7000 worth of flood damage. so right now looking at everyone PSO2 screen shots tempted me to buy a prepaid gift card which did not work. and only works in the US and not international. I'm thinking. ( uhg. )... maybe after all this damage is is done from the tropical storm Debbie with in a year. i can probably get a new computer . but with AC prolly with in a month. becuase of credit card frauds and un working cards that does not work international. if it does it again. what is the best pre paid gift card to use international?

Sp-24
Jul 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
Honestly though, why'd you post it in the "Gameplay" subforum if you know where does it belong? I'm kinda sorry for all of your misfortune regarding AC, but making a "guide" that implies that using AC, something that is intended to be an integral part of the game is not legit is, um, ridiculous?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 01:05 AM
ay is just his way of havin fun

if i had fun doing something and i felt that not many others knew how to have fun the way i had fun i'd be inclined to let them know about how i have fun

above sentence sounds ridiculous but i'm serious

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 03:34 AM
If you guys want to know the real reason why I play somewhat legit.
here is the real reason
I have bad luck in the game. But in a good way.. I think God i calling me not to spend.

1. can't buy AC due to having fraud on my credit card/debit card from buying AC because it's international .
2. Can't buy AC again due to gift card / prepaid cards not working after I spent $100 on it. Even tried it with the vanilla gift card and still does not work. Even if I activate it too as well.
3. My game freezes / my computer blacks out for a second while I'm playing in a party. ( 2-4 player party ) from needing a new computer. Which I had one. too much lag from an extra player causes graphical lag.
4. I recently bought a new computer for PSO2 but then I had to return it because I had a slight flood seeping through two of my rooms due to tropical storm Debbie . And did not renew my flood insurance because did not think it would be this bad. Well.. It is. And paid $7000 just to pay the damage. Lol

So you know what I do to play.

I solo! / play legit.

i was going to post this other part why I play somewhat legit from the begining but was afraid this topic might get moved to probably rant. because no body does not talk about PSO2 there unless its a moved topic. becuase of getting fraud credit card and then getting $7000 worth of flood damage. so right now looking at everyone PSO2 screen shots tempted me to buy a prepaid gift card which did not work. and only works in the US and not international. I'm thinking. ( uhg. )... maybe after all this damage is is done from the tropical storm Debbie with in a year. i can probably get a new computer . but with AC prolly with in a month. becuase of credit card frauds and un working cards that does not work international. if it does it again. what is the best pre paid gift card to use international?

Ah, I see. Strange that I have a credit watch thing on my CC and it didn't even do a second glance.

Another option you might have is if you had a friend you trust that you could get them to get you AC. Back on PSO I had a friend that I anted to keep playing with and he couldn't afford PSO anymore for some reason so I paid his sub for a bit ^.^ You could also test if you can trade AC items, I know it can't sell them, but I haven't tried trading them...though to be honest I don't know ow to trade either lol.

SolRiver
Jul 14, 2012, 03:37 AM
But... what about extra character slots...?

New account?

SirGouki
Jul 14, 2012, 08:17 AM
You're bashing people who are paying for extra features in a game merely because you can't? That is not legit. LEGIT is playing a game within it's predetermined boundaries. If they put Super Transformations (I hope they don't see this and get any ideas) in the AC shop, those are legit, because it doesn't exist outside the rules of the game. Making up rules that don't come with the game isn't more legit, it's called being a scrub. All you're doing is making the game harder for yourself by limiting yourself from stuff like that. When/If I can buy AC in the future, you wont see me putting that stuff up in the shop. Oh and to your "I leveled to 10 in less than a week"... Under the same conditions I leveled to 20 in 2 days, and remade my character and it's already 16. Of course I probably have more time on my hands than you do since I'm in between jobs, but I'm just proving the point that your entire topic is pointless, and most of it is out of line.

capz
Jul 14, 2012, 10:24 AM
not to be rude or anything, but OP is a tard. you can't come here and try to redefine the definition of legit. legit simply means to play the game the way it was intended, no more, no less. I hated what I called 'leet legits' on original PSO, you're a prime example of one. It's just a game, don't cheat and ruin it for yourself and others. Result; you play legit.

in all these years i've never felt compelled to sign up just to reply to some topic, but this ticks me off.

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
it ticks me off that people don't realize Ryno was having fun with her lack of ability to get AC and are getting pissed.

Tracey
Jul 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
Lastly, buying rares? Legit is all about finding your own stuff and not accepting hand-me-downs. Kids today...

I think this a Great topic to talk about if you want to be legit.

and you're right about that funky.

buying rares Funkyskunk?

you're right it is all about fining your own. if you want to super %100 legit.

but if you cant find that certain item you want all your life and you want it really bad and it's been 3 years into the game. just buy it.

Yexes
Jul 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
1. start from level one.
2. no purchasing AC for anything item that includes room and clothing.
3. play with legit non AC players.
4. when you level and build your way then you can search in player shops that. that item is there for you from AC players bought that they dont need but in lower price instead of what current price is what is today.
easy and done. meaning they wasted their money and you did not!
5. it saves money too!

it takes time but it's the hardcore way of leveling from start to finish! just like Original PSO. (excluding hackers )
the hardcore players level legit!
So pretend like AC never exists!
and make only FUN exist! :)
just use FUN as your AC. because
Sega just wants your money if you play for AC! :D

So far I've been %100 percent legit.

I am level 10 with 27k meseta since level 1! :D
the game has only been out for about a week and im already level 10. there is no rush. so what's the rush? level legit! :D

too legit to quit!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/pso20120713_175317_001.jpg
I've been playing since the release. My cast hunter is level 18. My cast ranger is level 18. Cumatmebro

KrankItVZ
Jul 14, 2012, 12:11 PM
I dont get it :( I mean that IS how I'm playing normally

lvl 23 Hunter currently at around 500k (first FUN scratch 3 day My Shop). The money I earned without the shop is probably around 350k (used around 100k, shop has around 250k)

velociti
Jul 14, 2012, 12:38 PM
The guy who made this thread is a contradiction...
there is no "legit-ness" feel for pso2... you just play the game and ur legit...
pso1 had duping, obviously it was easy to get good items
is there duping in pso2? no. everyone is "legit"
pointless thread pointless discussion going nowhere

Tracey
Jul 14, 2012, 12:50 PM
PSO had duping options online only, but there are poeple in original PSO that played offline to get rares legitly and that cant afford internet. and you can play PSO online legitly just dont follow the people who dupe them. I still say this thread is going somwhere. :)

God of Awesome
Jul 14, 2012, 05:28 PM
I can kind of agree on some things, whenever I see a player with a nice weapon; the first thing I think of is: Did they buy a boost from AC? buy an advantage from AC? or did they earn it? There's nothing really wrong with buying AC for a lot of things, SEGA need the money, but for some things, it just doesn't seem right.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
Err, I'm pretty sure there's no way to buy an item. The only thing AC does is net you, occasionally, items in scratch that you could sell. You can't outright buy meseta, nor weapons.

And no, he wasn't simply sharing his way of having fun. He was looking down on anyone who was spending money on AC, regardless of the purpose. Premium is no more of a waste than paying a subscription. Neither is having more than one mag (legit in pso1, btw) or having more than one character (also legit in pso1, btw)

SolRiver
Jul 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
You can't outright buy meseta, nor weapons.

Hey... come to think of it... gold sale spammer now would spam in japanese instead of english! 8-)

SirGouki
Jul 14, 2012, 09:02 PM
it ticks me off that people don't realize Ryno was having fun with her lack of ability to get AC and are getting pissed.

That's not really what this is about. This is about someone trying to talk about people who can and do buy AC like they're cheating or not playing right. You clearly didn't read what this person has said in its entirety. I'm sure if that's all this was, a simple attempt to let people know that she's having fun without spending money, she wouldn't be calling it non-legit to spend money on the game, and at least half of us would not have posted in here in the manner which we have.

mctastee
Jul 14, 2012, 09:58 PM
The only illegitimate way to play is to hack. If you aren't hacking then you are playing legit.

TecherRamen
Jul 14, 2012, 10:34 PM
sega deserves to get payed for this

remember this whole thing was free. thats pretty generous on their part. especially since the stuff you pay for is fairly minor. Maybe just dont buy the exp boost tickets? Idk. But if you have a job and not a lot of time to invest in the game then maybe its not such a bad thing for some people.

P.S. Im really sorry to hear that you had so much misfortune, I hope things turn around for you.

Scionni
Jul 15, 2012, 03:25 AM
I'm sorry, but... the way you keep using the term "legit" vaguely reminds me of the stereotypical facebook girl saying "literally" to everything. Some people on this thread have made a point that if you're not supporting Sega in any way, then you're not truly, LEGITIMATELY playing PSO2. So, if you want to /literally/ play legit (Haha I know.), support Sega for using the software they worked diligently on. Just don't buy the EXP boost if it really means that much to you.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 04:35 AM
You people are like wolves the second someone slips! :0

It's one thing when a dumb guy makes a silly thread and everyone jumps on him...

But Ryno? D8

He's so love-able!

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 15, 2012, 04:58 AM

It's one thing when a dumb guy makes a silly thread and everyone jumps on him...

But Ryno? D8

He's so love-able!

ikr lol

Ryno
Jul 15, 2012, 06:38 AM

But Ryno? D8

He's so love-able!

Lol. It's cool.

I should have just posted this in a psow group where its more conveineint .
Where you really get to meet and greet. And get to know each other :)

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2012, 01:29 PM
vOv I don't know anything about him, I'm just tired of everybody hating on buying AC. It's the only reason the game even exists, and it seems most people don't even try to find out what exactly you buy with AC before saying it's simply pay to win.

Mag_Launcher
Jul 15, 2012, 01:53 PM
I don't even plan to buy AC because of the server split and I'm simply baffled and offended by this misuse of the word "legit". I cannot believe someone is still this deeply rooted into that ancient PSO legit mindset, that they now almost corrupt PSO2 with it.

Some things never change I guess.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 15, 2012, 07:04 PM
Trolled?

Zipzo
Jul 15, 2012, 08:21 PM
The only thing legit encompassed in PSO was you didn't use dupes, you didn't hack in any way shape or form, and you didn't play with people who did.

Your definition of legit is off, OP.

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 01:14 AM
With respect, I really don't see the necessity of this topic. It comes off as awfully pretentious. "You're not 'legit' unless you play the way I think you should!"

franstormer
Jul 16, 2012, 03:40 AM
wow buying AC means im not legit? lmao

Only $19.99
Jul 16, 2012, 09:01 AM
you all took the bait.

Zipzo
Jul 16, 2012, 09:37 AM
you all took the bait.
No, the OP is just that dumb.

SirGouki
Jul 16, 2012, 02:15 PM
Why is this topic even in Gameplay, guides, and walkthroughs? does this really count as a "Gameplay" discussion? I'm also surprised this hasn't generated some Modding in some form.

A final note: Hackers are not the people that break in to something and steal stuff. That is called a Cracker. A hacker is someone that makes something with code, or uses broken stuff to make new stuff. A programmer is a hacker. A person who uses code, software, or scripts to crack a password, break into a server, steal important and valuable information, is a cracker. Stop furthering this misinterpretation I'm tired of being called a criminal by ignorant people.

Primobol
Jul 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
Wanna play "hardcore"?

1) Don't mess with any kind of "grinding" (this includes adding ability and attributes) or unit/weapon buying. You can only use what u found playing by yourself AS IS (no "grinding")

2) You must kill a boss solo before you jump on multi-parties and sh!t to kill him "E Z mode";

3) Once you reach max. level, the first 2 rules don't apply.

That's it I think. I like to play any game like that whenever possible and it's fun, because when you're fully geared and leveled it usually is beyond "pizza cake".

Mystil
Jul 24, 2012, 07:34 PM
The OP's mentality scares me as it is reminiscent of one of the very things that tore apart the PSO community to begin with. Me hopes this does not manifest once again.

Play for fun all.

IceBlink
Jul 25, 2012, 01:17 PM
Wanna play "hardcore"?

Doesn't "hardcore" in games generally mean if your character ever dies, it's gone permanently? :3

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:43 PM
Why is this topic even in Gameplay, guides, and walkthroughs? does this really count as a "Gameplay" discussion? I'm also surprised this hasn't generated some Modding in some form.

A final note: Hackers are not the people that break in to something and steal stuff. That is called a Cracker. A hacker is someone that makes something with code, or uses broken stuff to make new stuff. A programmer is a hacker. A person who uses code, software, or scripts to crack a password, break into a server, steal important and valuable information, is a cracker. Stop furthering this misinterpretation I'm tired of being called a criminal by ignorant people.Though I understand where you're coming from, you're not going to change this. Public journalism and widespread useage of the word in terms of breaking security has branded the term "hacker" with a new definition that you're going to have to accept, instead of trying to be a hipster and uselessly spread your profound knowledge of the fact that in IT terms to those privy it really just means a person who takes interest in the intricate workings of systems.

Think of it as slang, like the word gay.

So get over it, pal. Start thinking of something else to call yourself in conversation, because hacker implies a lot more these days than it used to. It's really not that difficult to just say "I'm interested in computers", so don't be such a drama queen.

Besides, even the word sound itself can easily tied to mischievous doings just by how it sounds. Hacking. It's like you're...hacking up a system (like using a butchers knife), like destroying it or ruining it, which is usually the end result and objective.

Dotcom
Jul 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
Still confused as to why this way of playing is considered 'legit' and any other way isn't? (Except for blindly obvious hacking).

Dinosaur
Jul 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
Still confused as to why this way of playing is considered 'legit' and any other way isn't? (Except for blindly obvious hacking).

AC free is the way to be

drixil
Jul 26, 2012, 11:17 AM

My guess is they can't afford it / mom won't let them use her credit card

zOObie1
Jul 27, 2012, 12:32 PM

Original PSO didn't have a monthly subscription fee. ;)

Primobol
Jul 28, 2012, 04:29 AM
Doesn't "hardcore" in games generally mean if your character ever dies, it's gone permanently? :3
I think the first relation between the term "hardcore" and the concept of "permanent death" in games was in Diablo. But I didn't mean that in my post and I think the OP didn't in his too.

Silver Crow
Aug 1, 2012, 07:34 AM
So basically you want to convince players to become freeloaders and not contribute in any way to the game.

And btw, playing legit means not hacking/glitching. So what you're doing and saying is just stupid tbh

Haseokun
Aug 4, 2012, 01:50 PM
I think people should be allowed to buy AC items for any of the manditory things that are required, and still be considered "legit". Room tickets are one example of a manditory item bought with AC, same goes for inventory expansion, clothing is not, FUN Scratch is not. FUN Scratch is even less legit than AC. If you want to "play legit" than you make your own more balanced ruleset. A ruleset that results in being as close to PSO and PSU as possible. None of the AC items are honestly game breaking, not whatsoever, most are cosmetic and especially things like the weapons, weak in comparison to actual weapons found off of monsters within the game. My general rules for"playing legit" is to buy only the necessities. Buy the items that are needed such as Room Tickets, Mags, EXtra Character Slots, and Inventory Expansions, in order to get a smoother PSO style experience. In PSO you could create as many characters as you wanted, and you could even FIND Mags. With Three available classes one mag is never going to be enough. One mag was NEVER enough in PSO. It's worth noting that I've yet to ever buy an AC item, heck I haven't even set up my AC account. I hold nothing against the people that do however, as they are supporting the developers of this game, and getting digital items in return.

Haseokun
Aug 4, 2012, 01:58 PM
Buying AC items off of the player shops itself is completely the opposite of legit. One rule that I use as a legit player is to never buy or sell items in a player shop myself. I won't even open a player shop. I strictly sell my items to the npc or save them for Mag Food. I plan to get a Room Ticket, and 2 extra Mags, as well as the inventory expansion someday down the line. AC items fortunately enough, are not locked to one specific character. You can put them in your storage, and pick them up on another character that way as well. The topic interested me, because I thought there was bound to me some sort of hardcore legit players challenge involved, but I can see that it's a person unable to get AC, wanting to buy AC items with Meseta, stealing in a sense from the people who paid their physical real world money for those items. If someone makes a hardcore legit players challenge, i will indeed make sure to accept it. This includes the possibility of skipping all but the required client orders, no user shops, only using weapons and armor that you FIND, etc. You would of course still have to do Matterboards since Story progression requires it, and there would be specific required Client Orders such as Koffee's Mag quest and the timed Free missions that unlock other areas that you would have to do, but I'm sure someone, including myself, would be up for this kind of a challenge.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 5, 2012, 02:27 AM
Original PSO didn't have a monthly subscription fee. ;)
lol wrong

zOObie1
Aug 7, 2012, 12:25 PM
lol wrong

lol PSO1 on Dreamcast didn't have a subscription fee. The game didn't require you to pay monthly until PSO1 Ver. 2 came out for Dreamcast.

zeronine
Aug 7, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hmmm...i think you should find a better name than "legit" for your playstyle XD

How about "SuperScrimper"-Style ^^

Dr.No
Aug 7, 2012, 12:37 PM
Both of you are half-right and wrong. Japan's version of PSO ver. 1 on the DC DID have a sub fee, while the other regions did not. When PSO ver. 2 came out, that was when the US started paying a sub fee, but Europe did not have to pay a sub fee.