PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 The "Hooray for US/EU PSO2" thread!

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 06:47 PM
This thread is for all those who are excited for the international release of PSO2!

I sure as heck can't wait to get the game loaded up and start my adventure, and I look forward to SEGA's exciting framework that I'm sure they're planning to engage in hindsight of their PSU experiences! I'm glad that they are even putting in the effort to give us the game!

Doomsayers, SoA haters, and singularly english speaking players who will remain on the JP servers out of contempt for SoA need not apply (although if you like playing on JP simply because you love playing with lots of JP players and don't mind the game in JP that's fine!).

sugarFO
Jul 13, 2012, 06:49 PM
/makes pucker kissy sounds

Zipzo and SEGA, sitting in a tree...

Hosaka
Jul 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7Xf7N.jpg

Blackheart521
Jul 13, 2012, 06:51 PM

Zipzo and SEGA, sitting in a tree...

Lawls ^^

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 06:52 PM

Zipzo and SEGA, sitting in a tree...Takes me all the way back to genesis my friend...when Sonic the Hedgehog was my obsession.

SEGA is like a brother to me...no matter how many times they do something to piss me off, of course I'm going to forgive them. They've created countless gaming memories that no other gaming company can create for me.

Dreamcast is another legendary ethos in my gaming career...experiencing PSO for the first time and the Sonic Adventure games at that? Just priceless.

Vintasticvin
Jul 13, 2012, 06:55 PM
Well f*** you all seriously.

Garnet_Moon
Wait a minute... I can't see Zipzo since he's on my ignore list. The only person on my ignore list is Drayk... does... since when could you change your name here? o_O

Lumpen Thingy
sums up my feelings pretty well

Zipzo
Get your negativity on the train to gtfo-ville sir! PSO2 is coming to NA/EU! It's time to be happy :)

Dan Maku
Jul 13, 2012, 06:56 PM
IMMA PLAY BOTH US AND JP PSO2.

PROBLEM, HATERS?

ashley50
Jul 13, 2012, 06:57 PM
Get your negativity on the train to gtfo-ville sir! PSO2 is coming to NA/EU! It's time to be happy :)

I hope that happiness lasts for a long time sir.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 13, 2012, 06:57 PM
I will remain in JP server. My bro lives in Japan, and helps me out a ton. And since I only play mainly with my two brothers (the other one is here in the states with me) we will stay JP. I dont mind not being able to talk with JP all too much, but everything else my bro has translated for me, or will translate when I need it. So I am fine with it. Other wise I would be moving to the US version when it came out.

Uncle_bob
Jul 13, 2012, 07:00 PM
It's going to be funny when the US/EU servers consistently stay 8+ months behind the JP ones. Again.

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
I hope that happiness lasts for a long time sir.I'm still floating on cloud 9 from collecting all seven emeralds for the first time in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 my good sir!

-Hitting level 200 on Gal Gryphon.
-Killing Chaos as Super Sonic in a barren water entrenched Station Square!
-Mashin' up friends all afternoon in Power Stone!

Go SEGA! You can do it!

Dan Maku
Jul 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
It's going to be funny when the US/EU servers consistently stay 8+ months behind the JP ones. Again.

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9249677.jpg

Thermalwolf
Jul 13, 2012, 07:03 PM
Ehh.... Not global, not exciting, JP servers until Sega of America admits it effed up.

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 07:04 PM
Wait a minute... I can't see Zipzo since he's on my ignore list. The only person on my ignore list is Drayk... does... since when could you change your name here? o_O

Just ask the mods for a name change. And yes, it looks as though Zipzo = Drayk. I went to his profile and saw the same...er, picture.

That being said, it makes me think this is a troll thread, seeing as he's usually condescending and rude.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 13, 2012, 07:06 PM
Just ask the mods for a name change. And yes, it looks as though Zipzo = Drayk. I went to his profile and saw the same...er, picture.

That being said, it makes me think this is a troll thread, seeing as he's usually condescending and rude.
Yeah... well, cat's out of the bag now me thinks.

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 07:07 PM

That being said, it makes me think this is a troll thread, seeing as he's usually condescending and rude.I had a name change because I usually name my in-game character name Zipzo in all the games I play, and since PSO2 became my game of choice recently I didn't want there to be any confusion! It's not meant to be secretive, otherwise why would I leave obvious "duh" reasons to believe that I'm the same person. Thanks for noticing though, it makes me feel special ;). Can't a guy change Mr. Olaf? Let's all just be friends under the same umbrella...it's raining PSO news here!

Not a troll in the slightest. I'm just in a good mood.

Ana-Chan
Jul 13, 2012, 07:13 PM

Actually, if it stays at a consistant time frame behind then that isn't bad. It is the whole thing of dropping updates and missing out on content that I'm sure people would hate more.
So what if the content is a bit behind, as long as it doesn't start slipping.

kdrakari
Jul 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
Companies learning from their mistakes? You must be new to capitalism...

But seriously, nothing wrong with prefering games in your own language (international release is far more likely to have more than just English than a fanmade patch) and there are other benefits to playing the locally-hosted version of a game too. I may not expect companies to change just because people weren't as happy, but I'm fairly optimistic and willing to play a less updated version of the game in exchange for playing in English with friends.

As long as it doesn't get overrun by hackers or otherwise made worse than the JP version is now.

GrieverXVII
Jul 13, 2012, 07:20 PM
Im pretty dam excited. Unlike some others, im willing to keep faith in SoA. If pso2 hits big in NA which i think it will being f2p and a great game in general, itd be in SoA's best interest to keep content flowing, healthy server and keep its fans and community satisfied. Maybe some are scarred from SoA in the past...but theres nothing better then starting new again as a second chance. I have complete confidence in NA's success. Only time will tell though.

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 07:21 PM
Companies learning from their mistakes? You must be new to capitalism...

But seriously, nothing wrong with prefering games in your own language (international release is far more likely to have more than just English than a fanmade patch) and there are other benefits to playing the locally-hosted version of a game too. I may not expect companies to change just because people weren't as happy, but I'm fairly optimistic and willing to play a less updated version of the game in exchange for playing in English with friends.

As long as it doesn't get overrun by hackers or otherwise made worse than the JP version is now.It isn't completely about capitalism! It's about creating and improving upon a nostalgic, action-oriented experience that we came to love so much so many years ago. JP PSO2 has proven that the heart is there!

US/EU PSO2 ftw!

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
US/EU PSO2 ftw!
please just stop

Zipzo
Jul 13, 2012, 07:24 PM
please just stop
Stop what?

PepperCat
Jul 13, 2012, 08:39 PM

This.

Ana-Chan
Jul 13, 2012, 08:41 PM
Actually, if it stays at a consistant time frame behind then that isn't bad. It is the whole thing of dropping updates and missing out on content that I'm sure people would hate more.
So what if the content is a bit behind, as long as it doesn't start slipping.

This?

blazingsonic
Jul 13, 2012, 08:42 PM
*Hears the news about the servers, was worried about saving money to build a computer for PSO2, sees Robot Alchemic Drive on Amazon, only two copies left.* >_> Hmmm *Makes purchase.*

No hurry on saving for it now, I'll wait for things to play out.

AC9breaker
Jul 13, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'm actually excited to hear PSO2 coming to EU/US.

I honestly thought PSO2 was NOT going to be localized. :???:

Metalsnake27
Jul 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
I am just happy the game is being localized.

I can't say I'm that excited after what happened with PSU

Zari
Jul 13, 2012, 09:24 PM
I'm happy we are getting a NA/EU version. I mean, who is to say that SoA won't do a lot better than they did with PSU, it is entirely possible. Not getting a bunch of content and/or being almost year or more behind the original is one thing, but I question why some people here think that being 4-6 months behind the original is BAD when most MMOs I've seen are like that when you compare the NA version to the original content-wise. It is more common than some of you seem to think.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 13, 2012, 09:29 PM
I'm actually excited to hear PSO2 coming to EU/US.

I honestly thought PSO2 was NOT going to be localized. :???:

This, and I can play an alternate character on the US server for free and experience all the story quests in english.

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 09:32 AM
I'm happy we are getting a NA/EU version. I mean, who is to say that SoA won't do a lot better than they did with PSU, it is entirely possible. Not getting a bunch of content and/or being almost year or more behind the original is one thing, but I question why some people here think that being 4-6 months behind the original is BAD when most MMOs I've seen are like that when you compare the NA version to the original content-wise. It is more common than some of you seem to think.
I agree!

Why is everyone so angry at the thought of Japan having something you don't when it has pretty much been that way for the past 20 years for all things outside of gaming? Why aren't you all getting mad about all of the real life technological advances that they have over in Japan? Same concept really.

As long as the content comes in at a steady pace, why does it matter if Japan has something before we do?

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 09:39 AM
I'm very happy for this too, although global servers would have been much better, but well, at least we got this.

However...

I'm happy we are getting a NA/EU version. I mean, who is to say that SoA won't do a lot better than they did with PSU, it is entirely possible.

It's also entirely possible to end all the hunger on the planet with the current global food production.

Now, the chances that SoA doesn't fuck the NA release entirely are slightly higher than food being given equally in the planet, I'll give you that. But just slightly.

Not getting a bunch of content and/or being almost year or more behind the original is one thing, but I question why some people here think that being 4-6 months behind the original is BAD when most MMOs I've seen are like that when you compare the NA version to the original content-wise. It is more common than some of you seem to think.

It is indeed common, but the delay in updates wasn't really the only problem.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
@ Negative people:

If you're not gonna play the US/EU version stop being butthurt about it or acting like you have superior judgement just because PSU didn't work out.

We could always just come back and say "LOL US/EU version MIGHT suck? Well enjoy your POSSIBLE IP block then" But we're not assholes that care about shit like that and we're just gonna play both version anyway! 8D

Phantasma
Jul 14, 2012, 09:45 AM
@ Negative people:

If you're not gonna play the US/EU version stop being butthurt about it or acting like you have superior judgement just because PSU didn't work out.

We could always just come back and say "LOL US/EU version MIGHT suck? Well enjoy your POSSIBLE IP block then" But we're not assholes that care about shit like that and we're just gonna play both version anyway! 8D

Your location...is that a possible TMNT Turtles in Time reference? If so, you...are.... GODLIKE.

Geistritter
Jul 14, 2012, 09:47 AM
Nice to see an attempt at not joining the stuck-up douchebag brigade here and actually realizing that there's some positivity to take from this whole thing.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 09:50 AM
@ Negative people:

If you're not gonna play the US/EU version stop being butthurt about it

Why would anybody be butthurt about it? if people wanted to play PSO2 NA, they'd just do it. It's free. xD

or acting like you have superior judgement just because PSU didn't work out.

You forget about PSPo. And PSPo2. And PSPo2i. And PSO. And PSO ep II. And PS0. And PSO BB. And Sega Dreamcast. And well, more.

But hey, if you have superior judgement and believe that this time SEGA is going to act in a different way than has been acting for more than 10 years, I can't really say anything, as I can't predict the future after all.

But seriously, please, stop with the condescending bullshit, because is not like you can't predict the future either.

Oh, isn't your post actually like that? your attitude hints at it a bit, as well as your hidden attemp at calling assholes to whoever who cares about SoA possible bad management. But hey, we're not assholes either, that care about shit like that, we're just gonna play both versions anyways too. but denying the fact that has been going on for years doesn't make you smarter or cooler.

I'd agree entirely with your opinion if you hadn't fallen into the same boat as those "negative assholes" that bother you so much, actually, even wrirting yourself a "butthurt" post about how ebil we are.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 10:04 AM
Why would anybody be butthurt about it? if people wanted to play PSO2 NA, they'd just do it. It's free. xD

You forget about PSPo. And PSPo2. And PSPo2i. And PSO. And PSO ep II. And PS0. And PSO BB. And Sega Dreamcast. And well, more.

But hey, if you have superior judgement and believe that this time SEGA is going to act in a different way than has been acting for more than 10 years, I can't really say anything, as I can't predict the future after all.

But seriously, please, stop with the condescending bullshit, because is not like you can't predict the future either.

Oh, isn't your post actually like that? your attitude hints at it a bit, as well as your hidden attemp at calling assholes to whoever who cares about SoA possible bad management. But hey, we're not assholes either, that care about shit like that, we're just gonna play both versions anyways too. but denying the fact that has been going on for years doesn't make you smarter or cooler.

I'd agree entirely with your opinion if you hadn't fallen into the same boat as those "negative assholes" that bother you so much, actually, even wrirting yourself a "butthurt" post about how ebil we are.

I never said I could predict the future, I'm more on the side of not caring much about what happens as long as I can play. Obviously since we're on the same side this is all mostly directed at me. What you don't pay attention to is that being like the "negative asshole's that bother me so much" (Not really) is just part of my sense of humour. :0

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
So can I call you asshole too, if it's part of my sense of humour? <_<

I'm just saying that people here is overreacting against the ones who have decided that we're staying in the JP servers. Is not like we started burning US flags or attemping voodoo curses at Edward from SoA, or anything like that. We're just being cautious, and can't blame us for that.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 10:14 AM
So can I call you asshole too, if it's part of my sense of humour? <_<

I'm just saying that people here is overreacting against the ones who have decided that we're staying in the JP servers. Is not like we started burning US flags or attemping voodoo curses at Edward from SoA, or anything like that. We're just being cautious, and can't blame us for that.

I'm not talking about them though, they can do as they please. I'm talking about the few people that are going to play on the JP server. But they go about bashing the EU/US version like the people playing it should have to change their minds.

Even in the OP it's said that this thread was made for people that wanted to support the US/EU version. A couple comments saying "Yeah I'm not gonna play this version" fine "Hay ENJOY YOUR SHITTY SERVICE AND PSU2 DOOM STUPIDS" is another story.

Also YES, YES you CAN call me an asshole. I call my friends asshole or worse things like 80 times a day.

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 01:56 PM
Meh most of these people are acting like they are gonna play the western version anyways :3 And YES while we're having fun playing PSO2 they will be here on the forums complaining and raging about their IP block xD. And strange how I know of and experiences of the horrors SoA has committed online Phantasy Star still Im happy and like a kid at Wonka'scandy shop smearing my face at the window just wondering what kind cool game they will bring us next :D