PDA

View Full Version : Waaait a minute.. chats are logged locally?

DemonMike
Jul 13, 2012, 07:30 PM
Possibly slowpoke here, but after looking around the files, I've found every single chat message logged in the SEGA folder located in My Documents.

Didn't even have a clue this was being recorded locally, I always assumed it would be logged on server. It's helping a lot with some kanji I should really be learning, but I figured I'd best bring it up here because there's a very good use for it..

The chat logs also include player ID's. The 8 digit number that's unique to every player, which could come in very useful for those who forget to find it when reporting a person that may be hacking.

For example:

2012-07-11T21:54:41 39 PUBLIC 10140110 -Ship2Hacker1- your mom dont love you

2012-07-11T21:56:06 79 PUBLIC 10067252 -Ship2Hacker2- We do play the game as well from time to time

Kind of useful, but kind of pointless. Does any one know how to possibly turn this off? Is it in the userconfig file?

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 07:37 PM
The games have logged data like this since Blue Burst if I'm not mistaken. Can't turn it off as far as I know. PSO2 logs nearly everything, including skill point usage and the like.

raiden55
Jul 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
you can turn it off, or only a part of it, i don't remember where it is on the options however, only that it's 5-6 checkboxes at the bottom of something...

Ordy
Jul 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
If the monsters and item drops were logged, people could upload they drop logs to populate a drop database per monster/field and generate drop rates.

Would be sweet.

Halcyote
Jul 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
i don't think there's a way to turn it off. it's seriously amazing how pretty much everything is logged.

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 07:49 PM
If the monsters and item drops were logged, people could upload they drop logs to populate a drop database per monster/field and generate drop rates.

Would be sweet.

There's a ActionLog.txt that keeps track of items that drop (only if you pick them up), yes. I imagine it wouldn't be hard data to parse individual runs by cutting and pasting the data into a separate text file to keep track of individual runs.

The data is really nice. It doesn't tell you WHO dropped what, but it'll give you important info like element and I believe the special abilities affixed.