PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 Character Tree

Cypher_9
Jul 13, 2012, 10:10 PM
As we play RPGs in general, we usually assume a role of a character already made for us. Now that we have games where we can fully immerse ourselves into the story by creating our own. As for me and probably a few others, I tend to make stories behind any character created; to give a sense, a depth to said character instead of just simply making an avatar representing one in such a way or another.

Earlier I have developed a story in regard to one of the characters I made for PSO2, and with the recent info, theories, etc etc. my thoughts about the game has been the same and some have been solidified about said thoughts so I feel much more confident; even if I didn't I would of still pursued this type of story from the feelings for the sake of the characters.

Anyway, this is what I did with the character creator and have made a cast of individual characters - new and old who have been intertwined in this web upon which they are connected; one way or another. So here it is, my PSO2 Character Tree, an inside look upon the characters I developed and their relation. Don't mind the made up names, bad hiragana name practice and what not; I just hope enjoy the art for what it is... if you do that is... heh

And share your own, I would definitely love to see how your characters are related to each other, whether it be your own or yours with another individuals; I just want to see the creativity behind it.

Character Stories can be found HERE (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194755)

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2198&pictureid=29425

Clearer version~ http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/Seto_Kaiba3000/psotree.png

Ledgen: S = Solid D = Dotted

Red S Line: Characters who have an important role with one another and are well acquainted either through friendship, relation, or opposition. Recognizing each other for their feats of strength and role they play in the bigger picture.

Red D Line: Characters of the story who encountered one another and fought each other. Seeing the strength in another; offering their tutelage to use them in a greater plan. (Usually met with agreement or disagreement, depends on the influence used).

Blue S Line: Characters who have partnered up or met each other on the battle field to thwart a threat (from low to dangerous); becoming friends and/or partners afterwards.

Blue D Line: Characters who had conflict with one another, either resulting in a defeat/death of the opposition or a stalemate between powerful opponents.

Yellow S Line: Characters whom have employed their services with/for another.

Yellow D Line: Characters whose service was employed through force.

Purple S Line: Characters who are aware of another by presence; either through relation of another or strong aura felt through their attunement.

Characters:

1. Exodus (えずづs) – Is a human whom have experienced many hardships affecting him and his friends as a whole. Exodus has a deep history in finding his purpose that tested his humanity through the trails as he grew in his own strength; physically, mentally, and spiritually – overcoming the impossible. Encountering and surviving many disputes with the inclinations of the ‘darkness’; he met his last upon a fiery grave. As Exodus passed, he was given another chance to now serve as the guardian of the light, known for his persistence against the darkness and transcendence through the dark matter ether, Exodus was set into a time that is in need of his influence.

2. Cipher (しぴゅ) – Is a CAST who was remolded by Exodus himself, knowing the spirit that Cipher is, he fashioned her to imitate the look of a kunoichi. As she was awoken, Cipher was trained under Exodus and picked up techniques as if she learnt them for years – reflecting the style of stealth matching her imitated look. With this, Cipher and Exodus had a synonymous relationship, referring him as teacher or elder in respect , sharing many thoughts with him; with other people, Cipher would tend to be shy and ‘disappear’ to avoid embarrassment. Unlike other CASTs, Cipher has the ability to grow, to renew herself internally and externally. The skepticism plagued the minds of others upon how but, Exodus knows the true reason how and why. Aside from Exodus, others would take an interest in Cipher upon what she harbors within.

3. Geist (げいす) – Is a human who was a subject in the project “D”, Geist was experimented on to become the breed of humans; to better fight unexpected confrontation such as Dark Flaz. Down the line, Geist over heard the conversation of the scientist responsible and a military official of the WORKS who wanted to use them to gain a grip with the current government. Getting in touch with the scientist later on, she told Geist that he was the only one she can help saying the others have been corrupted. Telling of his innate ability, the scientist aided in Geist’s escape before they were able to capture him; as for Geist, he never knew what happened to the scientist; nor able to return to the point in time.

4. Ruu (るう) – Is a human avid in the learning of photon energy, a study under the control and use of this photon energy as one of the senior elders of the Communion of ARC. Ruu has been respected among the Newman majority upon his intelligence involving radical theories and their execution and wisdom in the understanding of this energy; composed within everything in existence. Many have said that Ruu’s way of thinking is reflects one going through a spiny field before a smooth one; which can be interpreted in such a way to the beholder. Ruu on the other hand, enjoys the Pandora the universe has to offer and if there is something, or someone an individual wants to know about; Ruu would be their first choice to go to.

5. Kira Yamanaka (きらーやまなか) – Is a human who is a military officer, a major in ranking, Kira is known to be one who follows the code to the letter; having honor and respect in both superior and subordinate. Kira isn’t a stranger to danger whom has proved to be proficient and effective within her missions. Assigned to the 22nd platoon as the commanding veterans were rebuilding the ARKZ military complex; Kira was introduced to one of the ARKZ recent transfers named Geist. From the moment she met this man, Kira felt something that she couldn’t fully describe. With intuition, Kira felt she can trust her life in the hands of this man; whatever that may be, Kira feels strongly in her decision to work under the new commander.

6. Naomi Isa (なおみーいさ) – Is a newman who’s dexterity is matched by her charm and curiosity. A young force in the making, she enrolled herself into the school that was run by the CoA in hopes to meet the one read in the series of books she owned published by them. During her time Naomi comes to realize the one she admired relocated and retired from the CoA – as it was told to her by one of the headmistresses that ran her class which Naomi has grown to loath. Given the riddle, Naomi have gone through some trouble before finding the location and before her very eyes; was a sleeping sage who goes by the name ‘Ruu’. Naomi’s over ecstatic nature awoken him which Ruu himself never expected his dream to come true as well. From there, Naomi abandoned the current CoA enrollment, inducted into the teachings of Ruu at his stead.

7. Genesis (げにしs) – Is a CAST whose origins is that of a mysterious one, this inclination has no memory of how he came to be but feels he has been existing for a long time. The only thing that brings purpose is by sensing and discovering a purple CAST by the name of ‘Cipher’. Genesis has not made his appearance yet but, he feels that he has a connection to Cipher in a way he cannot comprehend. Remaining in the shadows till he has gathered enough evidence to make the appearance.

8. Purachina (ぷらちな) – Is a CAST whom has served Major Kira for the longest in her pre-mercenary group. Purachina has proved to be a great asset on the field serving as surveillance, espionage and point for the team. She is ready and willing to do anything for her master when it comes down to the thick of battle; even if it involves her termination. Despite of that, Kira shows a concern to the CAST whom which not have experienced nor expressed any emotion aside from doing her duty. Out of it, Purachina wants to learn how to feel the value Kira holds for her so she can return the same.

9. Merav (めらヴ) – Is a unique human who would be known to be the first of its kind. A study under the darkness and its elements, Merav bolsters an insight and hind-sight beyond current human studies. A headmistress and elder of the CoA, most recognized her as the human with no heart; using bitter or cold to best describe her ominous presence. Nobody has really ‘confronted’ her except for the young newman Naomi who had several of her class sessions. When Merav seen this young girl, she already knew who she was seeking, testing her by often down playing her potential, even as a woman; while Naomi would return by calling her an old hag or witch. Students thought Naomi had a death wish but, nobody else except Merav seen that Naomi was ready for a higher learning by sending her to the modeled colleague Ruu via riddle.

10. Hariel (はりえぅ) – Is a newman experimented on as a part of project “D”. Like Geist, he has an innate ability granted, awoken within him from the experimentation. The result is countless bursts of rage and instinct overcoming him when he fights – ending the lives of many who stood before his sword. Suddenly Hariel have broken away from the formal group in search of someone ‘worthy’ as he allowed his instinct to guide him; from there he was never heard from again, those who did know of him presumed him dead.

11. Duma (づま) – Is a human experimented on as a part of project “D”. Duma is the youngest out of her team who shows a maturity at ambiguous times yet still childish in most instances. Her ability lies with her imagination and fascination of pyro-photon kinesis, it was theorized that Duma would be able to combust an area well within a 10000 meter radius. The example started with her staring at something or someone; making them burn which happened to one of their scientists – thus why many waned their eyes from her intense own, covering them with a specialized blinder. Duma on the other hand thought all was a game and constantly snapped her fingers as a flame flickered from them, getting a laugh out of others reactions. After the disappearance of Geist and Hariel, Duma stuck with ‘Flow’ as she did admire her ominous nature and one of the ones she would listen to.

12. “Flow” (ふろ) – Is a newman who had a unique development after her experimentation. The “D” project has opened ‘Flow’ to a new set of mysteries that would be closed to others. Her evolution was solitary as she was transfigured physically making her the tallest in the group spite being 3rd tallest next to Geist and strong with her dense muscle structure as it surpassed many equipment used in the current military. None was not sure why this has happened, only judging it due to the mutation of cells within her but, unlike the scientists ‘Flow’ knew the exact reason why. Mentally she was feed knowledge from an unseen force as it was told to ‘Flow’ that she was being prepared. ‘Flow’ understood her purpose and allowed more of the influence to overrun, letting it be her judge as she casts it upon others who challenge it. Exodus, being the one who does makes ‘Flow’ challenge him countless times as she sees something powerful within him as well; with the many times they fought, one would say they are eternal rivals. As for ‘Flow’, she sees more than what the fights bring and knows that Exodus sees it to; from that Flow will pursue her micro-goal before she prepares for the macro.

13.???- Is a human… bearing the likeness of a well-rounded hunter before many with a few differences in trait. This woman has an ambiguous nature and whose sole purpose is to execute one goal; that goal involving chaos. Fully aware of the current events taking place, she would use them and more to create this brink; along with it, this woman desire mediums. These mediums would be the catalyst she needs to bring eternal…[/spoiler-box]

Polly
Jul 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
I really like this idea and enjoy seeing the things people do like this.

Though I'm not a roleplayer or fiction writer or anything, anytime I do create characters, I tend to create characters in my head in these kinds of games that go beyond the character creator. Where they fit into the world, what they do when they're not involved in normal gamey things, how created characters are tied to one another (or if they even are at all.) I never really share those details with anyone, it's just something I always keep in my mind that keeps my experience more personalized in a way. I get more attached to the world in my own way and end up enjoying the characters for more than just the polys and pixels that they are.

I've had a Kasera through my entire PSO career and I've grown very attached to her and my vision of who she is over the years. I've had characters that are also a part of her world in some way or another. Again, it may seem silly to some, but it adds a little bit of zazz to my experience.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Cypher_9
Jul 17, 2012, 10:42 AM
Oh that is totally fine, I completely understand, I am just glad you enjoyed the read ^^ now you know and get the inside look of what goes on in my head... :D

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 17, 2012, 10:17 PM
Here's a map I made for mine. There are my current four characters, and then there's:

-Arlene Crow (the literally black-skinned girl who might be my fifth character)
-Arlan Crow (The guy who has the same haircut as Arlene)
-F7666 Shantelle (The red-skinned girl)
-E. Kolher (The blue-lipped guy)
-Mia Feldman (the woman with a spiral ponytail)
-Dr. Bradford Bradenton (The old guy)
-Dr. Elias Marlowe (The crazy-haired guy beneath the old guy)
-Layla Shadowbreeze (The pink-haired, silver-eyed Newman girl)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7463/characterrelationshipma.jpg

Green line- On friendly terms
Blue line- Related, or a strong enough bond that they're "like family"
Orange line- On unfriendly terms
Red line- Enemies
Pink line- In love
Yellow line- Colleagues or employer/employee
No line at all- They've either never met or are little more than acquaintances.

Arrowed line- The relationship is one-sided. The target of the one-sided relationship is the one the arrow points to, and the color represents the feelings of the person not being pointed at by the arrow.
No arrow- The relationship is mutual.[/SPOILER-BOX]

The specific branches of the tree:

[SPOILER-BOX]Mazarin and BROcast: Mazarin thinks BROcast is a pretty cool guy. Unfortunately, BROcast sees Mazarin as a wimp that he cannot be seen associating with in any way that isn't belittling the scrawny Newman.

Mazarin and Isa: Mazarin doesn't care for Isa, but he can put up with going on missions with her. Isa is more openly disapproving of Mazarin. She has little patience for his antics.

Mazarin and Killbot: Mazarin and Killbot are as odd of a duo as they come: one's a space elf created by a possibly senile lunatic, the other is a formerly murderous machine designed to kill another murderous machine. Yet the two enjoy each other's company, especially since Mazarin is one of the few people who is completely unfazed by how Killbot looks.

Mazarin and Arlene: Mazarin and Arlene get along quite well. Their like-mindedness about casually putting themselves in harm's way contributes to that. Off the battlefield, Mazarin and Arlene tend to bicker a lot, especially seeing how Mazarin can be energetic to the point of obnoxiousness while Arlene can get pretty damn cynical. But ultimately, Mazarin and Arlene enjoy each others' company and their differing forms of disregard for normalcy.

Isa and BROcast: Isa has even less patience for BROcast than she has for Mazarin. On the other hand, BROcast sees Isa as a threat to his Masculinity Index... the reasons for that are anyone's guess.

Isa and Killbot: Isa is surprisingly sympathetic toward Killbot. She is one of the few people that Isa shows any real emotion toward, and even then she tries to keep her emotions under control.

Isa and Arlene: Isa and Arlene are both disciplined fighters with a strong respect for each other. While Isa does notice Arlene's... stranger side, she still sees her as a worthy ally.

BROcast and Killbot: Like with Isa, BROcast sees Killbot as an affront to his masculinity. Likewise, Killbot sees BROcast as a boorish jerkface.

Killbot and Shantelle: Killbot was originally programmed to subdue Shantelle at all costs. Unfortunately, Shantelle ultimately escaped reprogramming and is at large once again. Since her manufacturer cannot further increase her power without turning her into an ax-crazy killer, it is up to Killbot to hone her combat skills and become strong enough to face Shantelle once more.

Shantelle and BROcast: Shantelle has fallen head over heels for BROcast's rugged charm... that what she says, at least. In reality, she wishes to get close to him so he can manipulate the brotastic Cast to her will. However, BROcast is uninterested in her. It's likely that BROcast doesn't see Shantelle as a suitable accessory for showing off how masculine he is.

Arlene and Killbot: Arlene is wary of Killbot, especially since she fought alongside the amazonian Cast while she was still a... well... killbot. Even after Killbot was reprogrammed, Arlene still does not trust the mechanical Hunter.

Arlene and Shantelle: The two have never met, but Arlene has heard about Shantelle from Killbot's ramblings among other sources. Needless to say, Arlene did not take kindly to Shantelle's crimes.

Arlene and Arlan: Arlan Crow is Arlene's brother (although Arlene is not related to him by blood) and mentor. While Arlene is not quite as calm and patient as her brother, she still ended up being one of his most adept pupils.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Set 2 of relationships:
[SPOILER-BOX]Bradford and Marlowe: Bradford and Marlowe both work in a laboratory that creates Newmen. Bradford is Marlowe's superior... but Marlowe has taken note of Bradford's senile behavior. Alas, Marlowe is powerless to do anything about it.

Bradford and Mazarin: Bradford created the concept of Mazarin as well as Mazarin himself. Bradford views Mazarin as related to him in a way... but Mazarin feels somewhat resentful toward his creator, especially since he is aware of the nature of his creation.

Marlowe and Mazarin: Both are all too aware of how nuts Bradford is.

Bradford and BROcast: The two have partied together. BROcast thinks Bradford is pretty brotastic for an old guy.

Bradford and Arlene: Bradford also created Arlene. Unlike Bradford's relationship with Mazarin, Arlene doesn't have the issue of being created as the result of some senile rambling.

Layla and Arlene: Unlike most Arks, Arlene primarily works for a specific client. Layla is Arlene's nebulous employer. Layla is willing to pay her hired gun handsomely for her work, but Arlene knows very little about this woman...

Feldman and Killbot: Along with being the CEO of Feldritch, a relatively small Cast manufacturer, Feldman designed Killbot herself. Thus, Feldman sees Killbot as her daughter... or at least she does now. Killbot's escalating insanity before her reprogramming is (to Feldman) the second greatest mistake of her life. Thus, she strives to atone for her failure by treating Killbot with the love and respect she deserves.

Feldman and Shantelle: Shantelle, like Killbot, was also personally designed by Feldman. If Killbot (pre-reprogramming) was Feldman's second biggest mistake, then Shantelle was her absolute biggest one. Feldman originally sought to make the most powerful Cast alive. For a while, it seemed like she succeeded. But then Shantelle began to rebel against her manufacturer. Shantelle eventually became so dangerous and unstable that Feldman had to create Killbot to stop her. But before Feldman could try to reprogram Shantelle, the demonic machine escaped.

E. Kohler and... nobody: Kohler is both socially awkward and relatively sheltered compared to the other fighters, so he knows little about the outside world and has yet to develop any meaningful relationships.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cypher_9
Jul 18, 2012, 12:01 AM
This is pretty neat, I like the chemistry you have going on here... good stuff ^^

I say Arlene was an instant favorite of mine~

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 18, 2012, 01:00 AM
This is pretty neat, I like the chemistry you have going on here... good stuff ^^

I say Arlene was an instant favorite of mine~

The best part is that I don't even have a formal bio for her.

yoshiblue
Sep 23, 2012, 06:45 AM
Inspired by everyone writing stories, I decided to do a tree and may write a fic as well.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h368/Redmage64/PSO2Tree_zps7dc66d70.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Green:
Friend whom hangs out after shifts and during breaks.

Purple:
Super popular ally in both timelines.

Red:
Friends from a different timeline. Current allies in the 2nd.

Yellow:
Friends in the 2nd Timeline.