PDA

View Full Version : A Time To Grind

liquidpyramid
Jul 13, 2012, 11:35 PM
So, grinders and synthesizers are pretty scarce for me though I've managed to save up a decent stock from level 1 to 20. I'm contemplating the best way to put them to use. Should I keep my common weapons default and hold out for some rares to pimp out or start grinding and attribute boosting on the stronger of these more common items? I guess I'm worried about using all my upgrade materials then having them replaced too soon. Just wanted to get some opinions from more experienced players.

Blackheart521
Jul 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
It is a HUGE money sink to try to +10 a rare, people spend millions sometimes trying to grind a single rare up to +10, it is smarter financially to just stick with your 4 or 5 stars if you wanna try grinding, you can get those up there at a fairly good success rate and for relatively cheap (less than 30k typically). If you get some of the strongest rares in the game then you might wanna grind them but they'll strain your wallet quite a bit. Not worth grinding rares in my opinion at this point in the game. ^^;

TheSnowmanEffect
Jul 13, 2012, 11:45 PM
Use them, but don't go insane.

I used my grinders on my 3rd tier 1*, 1st tier 2*, and 3rd tier 2*. I didn't bother grinding the element since the last two didn't have one, I just snatched the best affixes I could (before I understood affix transferring).

You don't really need rares at anything but 33+, so save the majority of your grinders for that special rare weapon you want to +10, because believe me you will go through them faster than a doctors office goes through lolipops.

This is my personal opinion. I've always been a "conservative until cap" player.

Edit:

If you get some of the strongest rares in the game then you might wanna grind them but they'll strain your wallet quite a bit. Not worth grinding rares in my opinion at this point in the game. ^^;
This.. Is a very fair point I forgot. It is a HUGE money sink so if you don't have a player shop or a lot of time to reel in the meseta, you're better off using something with less stars. It's a lot easier to get all your units and weapons pumped with attack affixes than to +10 a rare.. Not kidding.

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 12:22 AM
Get a 3 star weapon to +10 in 10-15 Grinders, then try for a rare.

Also, Synthesizers are only for boosting elemental attributes and are not required for ability upgrades or transfers. You'll need identical copies of gear to do that anyway, so these items are largely useless. I usually sell my Synthesizers to the NPC vendors in bulk.

FenixStryk
Jul 14, 2012, 12:30 AM
I would advise against grinding rares unless you have at least 200 grinders and 500k that you are 100% willing to lose for zero return. The difference between a 5* +10 and a 8/9* +6 is pretty minimal, and grinding... say, a Mahou Shoujo rod to +10, would cost you that much if you were lucky (I was lucky :wacko:).

TL;DR: Poor people should know their place.