PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 "Why doesn't my copy paste find the things i want in player shops?" Answer is here!!!

Chik'Tikka
Jul 14, 2012, 01:31 AM
The reason why some items can't be found in player shops has to do with what characters the game recognizes!!! Unfortunately, there are different "codes" for the same characters!! Most English computers and keyboards use the ASCII (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII) code for most of it's characters, but remember that PSO2 is a Japanese game!! ASCII only has 256 characters, and the full Japanese language can't fit into ASCII, so the developers use Unicode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode) instead+^_^+

Now Unicode includes all the ASCII characters as well as all the other written languages in the world, however, PSO2 only supports traditional ASCII and Japanese Unicode (for chat) and only recognizes Unicode in player shop search, (so Greek would appear as gray blocks if you tried to type that)+^_^+

Well, when items were being named on a code level, they used "full width" Japanese Unicode for all of them in game, and that includes all the Roman alphabet and Arabic numerals+^_^+

Included at the far end of the Unicode list is a complete duplicate set of ASCII characters, so when you search for "追加ロビーアクション16" all the Japanese is in it's proper Unicode, but the number may be in ASCII which PSO2 shop search won't recognize. so instead search for "追加ロビーアクション16" which is all proper Unicode!! Don't believe me? Copy/paste both of them and see one show results and the other give you a "not found" message+^_^+

Anyway, should you ever need to find an item in the player shop that includes Roman Alphabet and Arabic numerals, copy/paste the full width Unicode versions of characters from this page: http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=\p{subhead=Fullwidth%20ASCII%20va riants} and voilą watch the items be found in player shop+^_^+

Hope this helps!!

NOTE: As the link doesn't contain a character for a space, use the one between the brackets [ ]

SirGouki
Jul 14, 2012, 07:56 AM
This shouldn't be the case in Windows Vista and Windows 7. They both support and use unicode by default and only switch to ASCII mode for programs that don't support it. You can also use the Japanese IME to type almost anything you know the romaji for. I actually just type out what I'm looking for using the IME and I can't read much japanese, I sit there and type syllables till I get the ones I need lol. Might be easier for me though since I used to live in japan.

EDIT: This is, of course, only applicable if you're not using Alt+ codes to type in Japanese, and not copying them from a ASCII webpage. As far as I know, every major web browser supports Unicode characters by default if you're using an operating system that also supports this (which they all should if they were out in 2004 or sooner). If this is the case, it's due to lazy people making web pages since all you have to do is include 1 tag that changes the charset (if I remember this is either the name of the tag, or a parameter that's set in a body tag or style sheet) to Unicode.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
This shouldn't be the case in Windows Vista and Windows 7. They both support and use unicode by default and only switch to ASCII mode for programs that don't support it. You can also use the Japanese IME to type almost anything you know the romaji for. I actually just type out what I'm looking for using the IME and I can't read much japanese, I sit there and type syllables till I get the ones I need lol. Might be easier for me though since I used to live in japan.

EDIT: This is, of course, only applicable if you're not using Alt+ codes to type in Japanese, and not copying them from a ASCII webpage. As far as I know, every major web browser supports Unicode characters by default if you're using an operating system that also supports this (which they all should if they were out in 2004 or sooner). If this is the case, it's due to lazy people making web pages since all you have to do is include 1 tag that changes the charset (if I remember this is either the name of the tag, or a parameter that's set in a body tag or style sheet) to Unicode.

yeah, but not everyone has IME or whatever, if it's just a base install of win vista or 7, the number pad pumps out the ASCII versions (at least my SB laptop does), also, Segac was kind to us in using ASCII on their site, go ahead and copy/paste a few from here that have numbers or letters, like アクアウェディングD +^_^+ http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/