PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance on Sunday 8:30AM-9:30AM JST

jooozek
Jul 14, 2012, 07:03 AM
明日7月15日(日)8:30~9:30にて、ゲームサーバーの臨時メンテナンスを行います。

ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが、メンテナンス開始時刻までにログアウトしていただきますようお願いいたします 。

Does the last sentence mean a rollback for everyone who keeps playing after this message?

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 07:08 AM
The last part I think is saying they would like you to log out and don't log back on until maintenance.

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 07:13 AM
It's just the usual "Please log out before the maintenance" warning that everyone ignores and lets the server boot them automatically.

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2012, 07:26 AM
So this maintenance is what, 7:30-8:30 tonight est right?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 09:04 AM
nice video man. gj. i still say the one that recovers PP is the most useful since if you think about it, photon blasts don't do much damage in the first place, and the pp recovery one lasts a pretty long time, maybe ~10 seconds. as a hunter you could probably fire off 3 sonic arrows in ~2 seconds, and then recover the pp to do another 3 within 1 second. so in total, maybe 12 sonic arrows? i know that my sonic arrows hit for ~450 at first stage and then ~250 each at lv3. but for simplicity's sake we'll just multiply 450x12 which is around 5400 damage. overall much better than photon blast damage since they're generally so weak.

only problem with PP regen photon blast is i notice a lot of people don't recognize when it goes on. also it could be weaker in photon blast chaining because if more than one person has it and they photon blast chain together it's kinda useless.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
nice video man. gj. i still say the one that recovers PP is the most useful since if you think about it, photon blasts don't do much damage in the first place, and the pp recovery one lasts a pretty long time, maybe ~10 seconds. as a hunter you could probably fire off 3 sonic arrows in ~2 seconds, and then recover the pp to do another 3 within 1 second. so in total, maybe 12 sonic arrows? i know that my sonic arrows hit for ~450 at first stage and then ~250 each at lv3. but for simplicity's sake we'll just multiply 450x12 which is around 5400 damage. overall much better than photon blast damage since they're generally so weak.

only problem with PP regen photon blast is i notice a lot of people don't recognize when it goes on. also it could be weaker in photon blast chaining because if more than one person has it and they photon blast chain together it's kinda useless.

Er... wrong thread much? Lol. Anyway, here are the times for other timezones:

EST = 6:30 P.M.
CST = 5:30 P.M.
PST = 3:30 P.M.
MST = 4:30 P.M.

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 09:34 AM
I'm assuming the character locks will be lifted after this maintenance?

Fox2Tails
Jul 14, 2012, 09:35 AM
EST = 6:30 P.M.
CST = 5:30 P.M.
PST = 3:30 P.M.
MST = 4:30 P.M.

Any of those in GMT?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 09:36 AM
I'm assuming the character locks will be lifted after this maintenance?

Hmmm... you'd think they would mention that in the announcement if they planned on doing it since that is a big deal. I'm guessing they will probably just hold off on that until the 18th.

EDIT:
Any of those in GMT?

11:30pm

Fox2Tails
Jul 14, 2012, 09:42 AM

Thank you

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 09:44 AM
Here is what my translator came up with:

Special maintenance schedule time July 15th Sunday 8:30-9:30

The Maintenance Contents:

Adjustment of server equipment
※ Please don't connect to a game server until there is a maintenance end announcement.

Further, the maintenance closing time schedule is 9:30, but before and after it depends on situation, it's sometimes done, so please accept it. (Means that the ending time is subject to change)

I'll apologize for causing trouble to a customer very much.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 09:45 AM
Weird. Looks like they're wanting us to already go ahead and sign out, and not sign back in until maintenance is over later. This just popped up a couple of times in the past 10 minutes and it's nowhere near maintenance time:

"ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが、メンテナンス開始時刻までにログアウトしていただきますようお願いいたします 。"

Chacron
Jul 14, 2012, 09:48 AM
So its only an hour long? Thats not too bad. Sort of a forced break.

Ashdown
Jul 14, 2012, 09:49 AM
Weird. Looks like they're wanting us to already go ahead and sign out, and not sign back in until maintenance is over later. This just popped up a couple of times in the past 10 minutes and it's nowhere near maintenance time:

"ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが、メンテナンス開始時刻までにログアウトしていただきますようお願いいたします 。"

Must be unrelated since it's almost midnight there now and the maintenance is planned for 8am.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 10:17 AM
Must be unrelated since it's almost midnight there now and the maintenance is planned for 8am.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I didn't see anything indicating what time this maintenance would be held at. I just thought it was a little odd since they shouldn't be giving out a notice for the maintenance being held at 8:30 A.M. that far in advance, in-game, lol.

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hmmm... you'd think they would mention that in the announcement if they planned on doing it since that is a big deal. I'm guessing they will probably just hold off on that until the 18th.

EDIT:

From Mike's post on translating a JP update...

First off, something that will make some people happy, character caps should coming off servers next week. This means that you'll be able to create new characters on the ship you want come next week. Transfers are still not an option though so if you already have a character somewhere and want to change ships, you'll have to delete that character.

I don't know about you but "come next week" sounds like Monday.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
With this maintenance will they unlock ship 10 creation?

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 12:39 PM
With this maintenance will they unlock ship 10 creation?

Don't know.

I think it's just a quick server maintenance, not sure if the ships will be opened.

Doesn't say anything about it on their twitter either.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
Don't know.

I think it's just a quick server maintenance, not sure if the ships will be opened.

Doesn't say anything about it on their twitter either.

Dammit Sega I want to make my Cast on Ship 10.

DemonMike
Jul 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
Dammit Sega I want to make my Cast on Ship 10.

I think the locks will be undone when the Wednesday 18th maintenance hits, though I may be wrong as Ship 4 has already been reopened.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
I think the locks will be undone when the Wednesday 18th maintenance hits, though I may be wrong as Ship 4 has already been reopened.

I think it closed again?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
From Mike's post on translating a JP update...

I don't know about you but "come next week" sounds like Monday.

You do realize Wednesday is part of next week as well, right...?

=3=

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
You do realize Wednesday is part of next week as well, right...?

=3=
The words "come next week" implies...as soon as it comes. Which would mean Monday.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
The words "come next week" implies...as soon as it comes. Which would mean Monday.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of games that are, "coming" next week, but don't actually release until Thursday. I don't know why you seem to think, "come next week" simply implies that it means one day.

There are seven days in a week. It could be any of those. If they do unlock them during this maintenance, then great, but I'm still expecting Wednesday with a formal announcement regarding it. I don't see anything about unlocking them in the announcement for Monday's maintenance (it is a big deal after all).

So yeah, I'd be cautiously optimistic about them re-opening the ships during this maintenance.

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 01:09 PM
Not necessarily. There are plenty of games that are, "coming" next week, but don't actually release until Thursday. I don't know why you seem to think, "come next week" simply implies that it means one day.

There are seven days in a week. It could be any of those. If they do unlock them during this maintenance, then great, but I'm still expecting Wednesday with a formal announcement regarding it. I don't see anything about unlocking them in the announcement for Monday's maintenance (it is a big deal after all).

So yeah, I'd be cautiously optimistic about them re-opening the ships during this maintenance.
Yes but "coming" is a different word and implies a different meaning. "Coming" implies that it's in the process...if you say it's "coming" next week then yes, you could interpret that as possibly arriving on the final day of the week because it's uncertain when the process will end.

When the word is used like "come next week", you're generally addressing the very arrival (beginning) of said measure of time.

Of course...I'm not saying empirically that this maintenance will unlock the ships. Just that the implications of the statement are misleading if they don't, haha.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:12 PM
Yes but "coming" is a different word and implies a different meaning. "Coming" implies that it's in the process...if you say it's "coming" next week then yes, you could interpret that as possibly arriving on the final day of the week because it's uncertain when the process will end.

When the word is used like "come next week", you're generally addressing the very arrival (beginning) of said measure of time.

Of course...I'm not saying empirically that this maintenance will unlock the ships. Just that the implications of the statement are misleading if they don't, haha.

Ah, well... I'm still trying to wrap my head around how you're splitting hairs between, "coming" and "Coming", lol. I guess we'll just have to wait and see~!

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ah, well... I'm still trying to wrap my head around how you're splitting hairs between, "coming" and "Coming", lol. I guess we'll just have to wait and see~!One might say I often pay a little too much attention to detail.

darkfalz16
Jul 14, 2012, 05:33 PM
thought maint was going to start by now?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
Starts in 7 minutes from now as I type this post.

Quatre52
Jul 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
Starts in 7 minutes from now as I type this post.

So the times listed on page 1 were wrong then?

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 06:49 PM

Yeah, they are.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:50 PM

Yes, Pacific time is the same as Mountain time due to daylight blahs
Meaning they were all behind an hour (This has happened for each maintenance I think). I suppose the whole 1 hour wrong thing keeps getting posted by people that aren't in the US?

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 07:05 PM
Emergency: Code Annoyance. ffs this maintenence was a surprise.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 07:06 PM
Emergency: Code Annoyance. ffs this maintenence was a surprise.

Not really, this thread has been up for 12 hours.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 07:10 PM
I didnt see this thread until after the fact. It must of got pushed to the second page of the forum or something.

Priest
Jul 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
Grr if they would let us work on symbol chat outside of game I wouldnt mind at all. I'm also losing out on precious mag feeding!

Ragnarok_
Jul 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
So is this about the current maintenance (the one that took out the server at approx. 7:00 PM CST), or the one last night?

I tried to navigate the thread and find out but all I really saw was 'blahblahblahtidalwave' about semantics through my skimming.

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 07:15 PM
So is this about the current maintenance (the one that took out the server at approx. 7:00 PM CST), or the one last night?

I tried to navigate the thread and find out but all I really saw was 'blahblahblahtidalwave' about semantics through my skimming.

Server's up in 15 minutes, if that answers your question.

Ragnarok_
Jul 14, 2012, 07:16 PM
Server's up in 15 minutes, if that answers your question.

Thank you kindly.

Quatre52
Jul 14, 2012, 07:25 PM
what was the point of this down time anyways?

Halcyote
Jul 14, 2012, 07:26 PM

adjusting server hardware according to bumped.org.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 07:27 PM

"Adjustment of server equipment"

Not sure what that means. Guess just a small server maintenance.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 07:33 PM
Servers should be back up now according to SEGA

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
they're up and 1,2,3,5,10 are still locked

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 07:49 PM
they're up and 1,2,3,5,10 are still locked

They never really hinted at that being the reason for the maint anyways

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 07:50 PM
They never really hinted at that being the reason for the maint anyways

They would have said in the notice that the cap was going to be removed.

Like many said, it most likely will be raised after the update on Wendnsday

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 07:54 PM
I know, but everyone still hoped for it so I made sure to crush those dreams promptly

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 07:57 PM
Maybe they ninja'd in the Bikinis and Yukatas as a pseudo apology for the inconvenience of the hackers.

Well, one can hope for bikinis today... :(

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
Maybe they ninja'd in the Bikinis and Yukatas as a pseudo apology for the inconvenience of the hackers.

It's going to be on the new AC scratch once wedding is gone, so not really

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 08:00 PM

Version of the game has not been changed, so most likely not :P

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 08:01 PM
they wouldn't ninja anything in during a one hour maintenance

it takes them 27 hours to implement anything worth noting