PDA

View Full Version : Interesting things coming to pso2.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
I was doing some, ehhh... research in pso2 and find this

The 3 new classes will be called.

Fighter
Gunner
Techer

2 new weapons are
Wand
Twin mechguns

Also new techs,
Thunder
Zondial
Wind
Zan
Gizan
Razan
Sazan
Sezan

New area pics:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_open_beta/ob_0150_0005_sn0420.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_open_beta/ob_0150_0005_sn0520.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_open_beta/ob_0150_0005_sn0330.png

Also an enemy list:

SoldierAnt
SoldierAntElite
QueenAnt
Snail
Spider
SoldierAnt2
SoldierAnt3
SoldierAnt4
SoldierAnt5
SoldierAnt6
AntEgg
NativeBeast
NativeBeastThrower
FishShield
FishShieldReverse
FloatageFishA
FloatageFishB
FloatageFishTeam
HologramRobot
ZombieRobot
ZombieRobotUpper
ZombieRobotLower
ZombieRobotCore
ZombieRobotB
ZombieRobotTeam
PterosaurA
WolfA
WolfB
WolfTeam
WolfSnowA
WolfSnowB
WolfSnowTeam
ArmadilloA
BigBeastA
YetiA
YetiB
YetiTeam
RagRappyA
RagRappyB
Rappy
Mammoth
DragonRaptor
DragonRizardmanA
DragonRizardmanB
DragonRizardmanC
DragonRizardmanTeam
DragonRizardmanUniq
DragonWolfA
DragonWolfB
DragonBeast
DragonWorm
Doodlebug
DoodlebugNeedle
DoodlebugTeam
Locust
MimicA
MimicB
MimicC
AntReaper
FishBigBeastA
FishBigBeastB
TransformMechaA
BossMechaA
BossMechaMine
BossUrban
DragonMagma
DragonMagmaUniq
DragonCrystal
DragonCrystalUniq
PantherA
PantherB
PantherSnowA
PantherSnowB
PantherTeam
PantherSnowTeam
Canadin
GormaA
GormaB
GormaC
DpHuman
Totoro
Crab
DragonWyvern
Char01_Maskman
CannonRobot

I'm not going to link where I found this information, because of little reasons that aren't important. But I didn't do these findings.

Also, I don't know when any of this comes out.

Ashdown
Jul 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
New classes were certain, I wouldn't be impressed if SEGA made everyone get to lv100 to change to an advance class, to get to lv100 on that and change to a master class and so on forever, it's a hell of a way to make everyone grind their souls into the game and still be happy about it.

But new weapons... well that's good news.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
The only thing that that I'm questioning are the new class names. Seems awful generic.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
New classes were certain, I wouldn't be impressed if SEGA made everyone get to lv100 to change to an advance class, to get to lv100 on that and change to a master class and so on forever, it's a hell of a way to make everyone grind their souls into the game and still be happy about it.

But new weapons... well that's good news.

It seems that they're adding the new weapons to even out the number of weapons each class has to be all the same.

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
The only thing that that I'm questioning are the new class names. Seems awful generic.

And how are they not just Hunter, Ranger, and Force?

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 11:25 AM
We knew what the 3 classes were gonna be thru data mining. The other weapons were knuckles, shotgun and double saber, right?

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
It seems that they're adding the new weapons to even out the number of weapons each class has to be all the same.

There are still some uncertainties in my opinion.

Most people are discussing how twin blades/daggers and knuckles are confirmed to be making an appearance as well, in which case hunters would still be looking at the most weapon options.

However, the real concern is that would make for the skill tree to need modifications as well. With new weapons come new gear skills. Where they're going to be placed and how they're going to be handled is beyond me.

Also, mechguns could introduce new bullets for rangers.

There's also the possibility that twin blades/daggers and knuckles are going to be the 2 weapons that the "fighter" class will be using, in which case gunblade will be their 3rd weapon (just like ranger and force) and the hunter skill tree won't need any modification.

A whole lot of things look good on the surface, but I'm personally bracing for impact for when twin mechguns are gunner only, and twin blades & knuckles are for fighters only.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 11:29 AM
So they are just upgraded Hunter Ranger Force classes?

DemonMike
Jul 14, 2012, 11:31 AM
TWIN MECHGUNS UP IN THIS BITCH!

Shame about the class names.. I'm guessing it's just going to be like Universe and you can access them once you get the basic class level to a certain amount but this time you also need to clear an awfully tedious client order.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 11:34 AM

Shame about the class names.. I'm guessing it's just going to be like Universe and you can access them once you get the basic class level to a certain amount but this time you also need to clear an awfully tedious client order.

I'll bet it's something like "Collect 500x _______ drop as Hunter/Ranger/Force (depending on which 'new' class you want to go)." No big deal.

DemonMike
Jul 14, 2012, 11:36 AM
I'll bet it's something like "Collect 500x _______ drop as Hunter/Ranger/Force (depending on which 'new' class you want to go)." No big deal.

The client order for raising the cap annoyed the hell out of me. Maybe I just got the shitty end of the stick on the fact the drops were not guaranteed.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 11:39 AM
The client order for raising the cap annoyed the hell out of me. Maybe I just got the shitty end of the stick on the fact the drops were not guaranteed.

Hopefully they drop all that bullshit. I'm hoping that the (3x) 90x drops was just, like, an experiment or something to maybe see how players responded to it. If we're going to have to do that for every 10 levels, then goddamn.

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 11:40 AM

NO KOFFEE, DON'T DO IT.

DemonMike
Jul 14, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hopefully they drop all that bullshit. I'm hoping that the (3x) 90x drops was just, like, an experiment or something to maybe see how players responded to it. If we're going to have to do that for every 10 levels, then goddamn.

I don't mind the idea of an order needing to be fulfilled to increase the cap, but I'd really like them to consider something more skill based rather than a giant pain in the ass that acts as nothing but a time sink.

It's kind of hard to think of how they could do that with the little content they currently have, but something like a custom one-time mission that acts sort of like a time attack mission but you must get S-rank within a certain amount of time.

The method for unlocking 30 to 40 was just ridiculous.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
There are still some uncertainties in my opinion.

Most people are discussing how twin blades/daggers and knuckles are confirmed to be making an appearance as well, in which case hunters would still be looking at the most weapon options.

However, the real concern is that would make for the skill tree to need modifications as well. With new weapons come new gear skills. Where they're going to be placed and how they're going to be handled is beyond me.

Also, mechguns could introduce new bullets for rangers.

There's also the possibility that twin blades/daggers and knuckles are going to be the 2 weapons that the "fighter" class will be using, in which case gunblade will be their 3rd weapon (just like ranger and force) and the hunter skill tree won't need any modification.

A whole lot of things look good on the surface, but I'm personally bracing for impact for when twin mechguns are gunner only, and twin blades & knuckles are for fighters only.

And that is where

Fighter
Gunner
Techer

Comes in to play, I think with upgraded versions it will last longer with more stuff to do if they make the lvl cap 50 and make it where you need a Lv50hunter to become a fighter, that would be awesome.

Gardios
Jul 14, 2012, 11:44 AM
The "get items to increase the level cap" is what makes me hesitate reaching the cap. No real reason to grind now when you're wasting EXP later on, right?

I just wish they would lift the character creation limit already, there are no low level players to play with...

Piddle
Jul 14, 2012, 11:45 AM
Annoyed me too, but I think having already been on level 30 made it worse since I was just sitting at the level until completion. However, at the earliest a person can activate it is at level 25. If I had it by then it would probably be an afterthought as I grind or do whatever since I would likely get it done before level 30 I think...

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
I don't mind the idea of an order needing to be fulfilled to increase the cap, but I'd really like them to consider something more skill based rather than a giant pain in the ass that acts as nothing but a time sink.

It's kind of hard to think of how they could do that with the little content they currently have, but something like a custom one-time mission that acts sort of like a time attack mission but you must get S-rank within a certain amount of time.

Something like S-rank speedrun the free areas, or just do kills instead of random drops. I think it could be kinda fun to have a checklist of like, every single enemy type instead of just 300+ "anythings"

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 11:49 AM

Wait... theres a client order to get past level 30?

Sounds like fun

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 11:50 AM
Pfff what's the point on adding upgrades to the main classes as if they were a whole new deal...?

I sense a PSU-like class spamfest approaching...

But on a second though... if that's what has been found by datamining I highly doubt those names are significative. I mean, "thunder"? Since when do we get techs called like that?

No, I don't wanna put my hopes up...

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
Isn't it obvious that the new classes will be somewhat combo classes? And they are the ones that will have access to the new weapons more or less...

"Fighter" will have DualSabers, Twin Sabers, and Daggers
"Gunner" will have Mechguns and Talis
"Techer" will have 2 melee weapons and wand

That's what I think...or something close to that.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 12:04 PM
Well, if they do that, create three stupid classes that are going to be the same concept as the original ones just to sell the weapons; instead of just adding new skills and weapon masteries to already existing classes and making real NEW classes, it seems the game is not going to last much for me. How dissapointing.

jooozek
Jul 14, 2012, 12:07 PM
I would rage hard if they added more to skill trees/modified current ones if they don't provide a free re-skill.

CelestialBlade
Jul 14, 2012, 12:08 PM
Wow, so "*zan" techs could be making a reappearance for the first time since PSIV? Really cool. I'm a total nerd for any reference to the classic series.

Also really excited for twin mechs, that might make me bother to level Ranger.

pikachief
Jul 14, 2012, 12:09 PM

I know, they should really add "Forte" to the beginning of each of the names. That would change things up. :wacko:

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
I need oversized shotguns and chainsawds to get me to switch from Force

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 12:11 PM
I just want to be a tranny again.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 12:11 PM
I would rage hard if they added more to skill trees/modified current ones if they don't provide a free re-skill.

if the alternative for this game is to have a whole bunch of useless classes with just 2~4 weapons each and the exact same role as the originals, you can be sure that I'm willing to pay real money for that not to happen.

Priest
Jul 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Hopefully the fighter class will get some kind of skills for barehanded combat. That's what I want, especially since the counter move is so OP.

Gardios
Jul 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
Pfff what's the point on adding upgrades to the main classes as if they were a whole new deal...?
2-1 classes now, 2-2 classes later? Doing it like that is quite common.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 12:34 PM
Fighter
Gunner
Techer

So.. uh...

Hunter
Ranger
Force..?

I somehow don't think the 3 new classes are going to be the same 3 classes with slightly different names.

Spellbinder
Jul 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
I'll reserve judgement for when a reliable source releases information.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
Now that I think about it, I think the reason for new classes is to add new weapons and skill tree to the class so they don't mess with anyone's skill tree and make them have to reset it.

Rowe
Jul 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
So, uh, I just got a Caelum mag, and it's at 50 Ranged, 50 Ability, and 10 Tech. I was going to do 50/50/50, in preparation for going Force/Ranger hybrid since I was so sure that was going to happen, but now I don't know...

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 12:37 PM
I was doing some, ehhh... research in pso2 and find this

The 3 new classes will be called.

Fighter
Gunner
Techer

2 new weapons are
Wand
Twin mechguns

Also new techs,
Thunder
Zondial
Wind
Zan
Gizan
Razan
Sazan
Sezan

I'm not going to link where I found this information, because of little reasons that aren't important. But I didn't do these findings.

Also, I don't know when any of this comes out.

Well aren't you just so privileged.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
2-1 classes now, 2-2 classes later? Doing it like that is quite common.

Is it that common when the current classes are so plain yet? I'm a bit skeptic about this. Even basic classes in PSU had access to most of their respective weapon categories. And they're adding only 5 more weapons.

Are they going to create a new "step-class" everytime they add two extra weapons to each branch? because if they even get close to the weapon types in PSO or PSU then we're going to have even 7-1 and 7-2. I hope they find enough synonymes for the words "Hunter, Ranger, Force", lol. And people talks about doing it so they don't mess the skilltrees, but how will it mess the skilltrees actually having the skilltrees divided in two, three or even four classes? Will we have to buy four skill resets if we want to fully reset our characters? Seems ALMOST like something that SEGA would do.

Also, considering that even in PSU classes were entirely independent from each other, despite having level prerrequisites, the fact that they advertise just a skilltree and weapon access expansion as a whole new class seems like not too honest business for me.

I don't wanna get dissapointed at this game just one week after its release, so I'm going to assume that this info is not too reliable and/or the datamining just brough spaceholder names that will be changed when the real classes are added, but depending on what they do on autumn, if what some people is hinting here comes to be true I don't think I'll last much in this game...

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
Maybe they're just sub-classes that we'll be able to use with the current classes, because I really don't think Sega is just going to slap on a slight variation of an old class and call it a whole new class. That just seems silly to me, even for Sega.

There's pretty much no point to it.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
Well aren't you just so privileged.

About what?

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that the 3 'new' classes are just upgraded versions of the current classes, that you'll have to level sufficiently in order to upgrade to...and as you upgrade your weapon arsenal allowance increases of course.

It easily makes the most sense :/

I also like it, as I'm one who has voiced their disapproval with adding too many alternative classes to the game than what roles are already available among the current three.

Blackheart521
Jul 14, 2012, 12:45 PM
Maybe they're just sub-classes that we'll be able to use with the current classes, because I really don't think Sega is just going to slap on a slight variation of an old class and call it a whole new class. That just seems silly to me, even for Sega.

That is actually something that could very well be it.

So it could then be varied to be:

Hunter-Fighter
Hunter-Gunner
Hunter-Techer
Ranger-Fighter
Ranger-Gunner
Ranger-Techer
Force-Fighter
Force-Gunner
Force-Techer

Its an interesting concept, maybe they'll have those have their own skill trees to supplement onto whatever your skill tree for basic class already is giving you. ^^

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 12:46 PM
I'm just gonna sit here and hope real hard that they're some form of subclass.

Hasn't every other PSO/U game allowed you to have a bit of multiple classes?

--

That's exactly what I'm hopin' for, Blackheart. Hunter-Techer ftw.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 12:48 PM
I also like it, as I'm one who has voiced their disapproval with adding too many alternative classes to the game than what roles are already available among the current three.

So you disagree with classes that actually would fill roles that AREN'T in the game currently, those of hybrids, classes that would be able to bring the full potential of "bad" race/class combinations like newman Hunter or cast Force, but you agree with them adding three completely unnecesary classes that already exist in the game, just to give the illusion of advancement?

Seems smart.

Hunter-Fighter
Hunter-Gunner
Hunter-Techer
Ranger-Fighter
Ranger-Gunner
Ranger-Techer
Force-Fighter
Force-Gunner
Force-Techer

Its an interesting concept, maybe they'll have those have their own skill trees to supplement onto whatever your skill tree for basic class already is giving you. ^^

If that's the deal, then my heart is at ease. But I still think that the whole advertisement of "3 new classes" was kinda douchebag-ish then, they just mindfucked me. =/

EDIT: Actually, now that I give it a bit more though, that system would even make sense as a sub-class system. if for example "Techer" gives wands, "Gunner" gives mechs and "Fighter" gives double sabers to the "main" class, to choose a hunter-techer would give you the basic hunter weapons plus wands, while a Force-Techer would expand their weapons with more tech power.

Damnit, it even sounds smart. I hope they do that. Now I'm troubled between the two possibilities, that they crap the game with fake class expansions, which would be bad, or that they add such a complex sub-class system, that I'd actually enjoy.

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 12:52 PM
So you disagree with classes that actually would fill roles that AREN'T in the game currently, those of hybrids, classes that would be able to bring the full potential of "bad" race/class combinations like newman Hunter or cast Force, but you agree with them adding three completely unnecesary classes that already exist in the game, just to give the illusion of advancement?

Seems smart.There's always going to be an optimal choice for every situation, and that should absolutely never stop you from rolling around as whatever you have the most fun being. This fact doesn't change whether they do it the way I'm proposing, or your way in which they jumble up the game with 50 difference classes to suit every single race/class combination.

I'm sure there are some who can find a benefit to being a HUnewman or a FOcast...especially at higher levels once the cap raises. At this point it really honestly doesn't matter which race you pick...you can still complete all of the content efficiently.

It's that amazing FOcaseal you grouped up with that will stand out to you above the rest. That will be the benefit to be honest.

Cyclon
Jul 14, 2012, 12:53 PM

Hunter-Fighter
Hunter-Gunner
Hunter-Techer
Ranger-Fighter
Ranger-Gunner
Ranger-Techer
Force-Fighter
Force-Gunner
Force-Techer

Yup, that makes sense. I really didn't see them adding all these new weapon gauges/elemental techs talents in the trees we have right now anyway.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 12:55 PM
That's what makes the most sense to me. I don't think we're just gonna toss away our current class so soon as some weird form of 'upgrade'. For one, that isn't really a new class at all, it's just a strange way to extend your current class. It just seems like a really odd way to handle progression.

It would also make more sense out of using something like a cast force or newman ranger.

Zipzo... so basically you're saying you want the game to be limited to 3 very specific jobs. Why?

Why is having more variety in gameplay a bad thing, in any way? What's so good about over-simplification?

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
Some new area pics

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_open_beta/ob_0150_0005_sn0420.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_open_beta/ob_0150_0005_sn0520.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_open_beta/ob_0150_0005_sn0330.png

Also enemies

SoldierAnt
SoldierAntElite
QueenAnt
Snail
Spider
SoldierAnt2
SoldierAnt3
SoldierAnt4
SoldierAnt5
SoldierAnt6
AntEgg
NativeBeast
NativeBeastThrower
FishShield
FishShieldReverse
FloatageFishA
FloatageFishB
FloatageFishTeam
HologramRobot
ZombieRobot
ZombieRobotUpper
ZombieRobotLower
ZombieRobotCore
ZombieRobotB
ZombieRobotTeam
PterosaurA
WolfA
WolfB
WolfTeam
WolfSnowA
WolfSnowB
WolfSnowTeam
ArmadilloA
BigBeastA
YetiA
YetiB
YetiTeam
RagRappyA
RagRappyB
Rappy
Mammoth
DragonRaptor
DragonRizardmanA
DragonRizardmanB
DragonRizardmanC
DragonRizardmanTeam
DragonRizardmanUniq
DragonWolfA
DragonWolfB
DragonBeast
DragonWorm
Doodlebug
DoodlebugNeedle
DoodlebugTeam
Locust
MimicA
MimicB
MimicC
AntReaper
FishBigBeastA
FishBigBeastB
TransformMechaA
BossMechaA
BossMechaMine
BossUrban
DragonMagma
DragonMagmaUniq
DragonCrystal
DragonCrystalUniq
PantherA
PantherB
PantherSnowA
PantherSnowB
PantherTeam
PantherSnowTeam
Canadin
GormaA
GormaB
GormaC
DpHuman
Totoro
Crab
DragonWyvern
Char01_Maskman
CannonRobot

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 12:57 PM
That's what makes the most sense to me. I don't think we're just gonna toss away our current class so soon as some weird form of 'upgrade'. For one, that isn't really a new class at all, it's just a strange way to extend your current class. It just seems like a really odd way to handle progression.

It would also make more sense out of using something like a cast force or newman ranger.They did the exact same thing in PSU.

Alucard V
Jul 14, 2012, 12:59 PM

Hunter-Fighter
Hunter-Gunner
Hunter-Techer
Ranger-Fighter
Ranger-Gunner
Ranger-Techer
Force-Fighter
Force-Gunner
Force-Techer

I'm glad I'm not the only person thinking it's a sub-class. If that is the case then I'm a Ranger-Fighter for sure. Tho I hope the old classes can use the new weapons and if it is a sub-class that you wont need ARK cash to add it on.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
There's always going to be an optimal choice for every situation, and that should absolutely never stop you from rolling around as whatever you have the most fun being. This fact doesn't change whether they do it the way I'm proposing, or your way in which they jumble up the game with 50 difference classes to suit every single race/class combination.

I'm sure there are some who can find a benefit to being a HUnewman or a FOcast...especially at higher levels once the cap raises. At this point it really honestly doesn't matter which race you pick...you can still complete all of the content efficiently.

It's that amazing FOcaseal you grouped up with that will stand out to you above the rest. That will be the benefit to be honest.

Sorry but I have to disagree. I never talked about 50 extra classes, but just three extra. The fact that you can't even use techs with anything that is not a techer, for example, would put that newman as a complete dissadvantage compared to a cast. Because that newman would be in absolute inferiority stat-wise compared to the cast in everything that matters to be a Hunter. The only current difference between a cast hunter and a newman hunter is that the newman hunter is weaker (and cosmetics, of course).

It's true that there will always be bad choices, you can't please everybody, but I think this game would benefit by promoting more than just three proficent class/race combinations. Hybrids would bring at least a choice other than the cosmetic one at the moment on choosing your class. And I don't see what's wrong with that.

The fact that it was in PSU doesn't automatically make it wrong. PSU class system concept wasn't bad itself (at least the original one, before Acro- and Master- classes), the problem was the same as with everything in that game: they didn't manage it properly.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cool stuff, Bob. That second picture looks like those green, floaty platforms that are above the Caves.

And again, I must ask... What's so good about over-simplification? Isn't variety the thing people usually like?

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
Sorry but I have to disagree. I never talked about 50 extra classes, but just three extra. The fact that you can't even use techs with anything that is not a techer, for example, would put that newman as a complete dissadvantage compared to a cast. Because that newman would be in absolute inferiority stat-wise compared to the cast in everything that matters to be a Hunter. The only current difference between a cast hunter and a newman hunter is that the newman hunter is weaker (and cosmetics, of course).

It's true that there will always be bad combinations, but I don't think this game wouldn't benefit by promoting more than just three proficent class/race combinations. Hybrids would bring at least a choice other than the cosmetic one. And I don't see what's wrong with that.

The fact that it was in PSU doesn't automatically make it wrong. PSU class system concept wasn't bad, the problem was that they didn't manage to balance it.The sub classes may very well be a possibility and would definitely address your concerns.

I don't mind sub-classes. I just don't want an assortment of different classes as large as PSU.

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 01:05 PM
Wouldn't a hunter/fighter be redundant? Or force/techer and ranger/gunner???

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:06 PM

Wait, so Hunter, Ranger, and Force aren't generic?

Lol

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 01:07 PM
They are, but not as generic as... Fighter.

If we're talking about subclasses, then those could possibly be the super-specialized ways to go. Maybe get some sorts of bonuses, or use a bigger variety of their respective weapon types.

Blackheart521
Jul 14, 2012, 01:09 PM

I thought that too when I was first writing it but it could be more of a specialization, like you can either decide to hybrid or to further strengthen yourself in one single category, that would make a reason to do it. ^^

Edit: Ninjer'd

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 01:10 PM
The sub classes may very well be a possibility and would definitely address your concerns.

I don't mind sub-classes. I just don't want an assortment of different classes as large as PSU.

I don't want a system as large as PSU's final one. But for me 6~7 classes would be fine (not really counting basic classes there as they were just for the first week of gameplay).

If my guess is correct, the sub-classes bring an extra skilltree and weapon access, so for example, the "Techer" subclass gives wands and the light, dark and air skilltree. By choosing a subclass, regardless of your current class, that weapon access and skill tree is given to it, so if you were to choose a "Techer" while being a Force, you'd get those extra skills and weapon as well, which you wouldn't have as a "plain" Force. If you decided to choose "Fighter" instead, then you'd sacrifice wands and light/dark/wind spells for the use of double sabers, knuckles and daggers, for example.

Lol

Personally, for me they sound much better than fighter, gunner and techer, but well.

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 01:11 PM
My hope honestly was that they found a way to add 3 alternative selections while keeping the "basic 3" as potential choices.

That was something I didn't particularly like about PSU...essentially the basic 3 were just stepping stone classes that were inferior to any other option once you surpassed them through the level requirements.

Ideally I'd like them to add 3 different types of classes that provide a different playstyle from the current 3, but also do not eclipse them. Where even when these new classes do come out, it could still be a selection of preference to remain being a hunter/ranger/force.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 01:12 PM
I actually always thought Force was a really cool name.. but that's just me.

If this is the way they go, with options of hybrid or specific specialization, then I will be very pleased. I don't know if I'll be able to choose between Hunter/fighter and Hunter/techer..

ohwait, you can change classes.

I realllly hope this is how it ends up.

All this class talk is good yeah, but why has nobody mentioned how interesting that datamined information is? I think the second picture is really cool, because as soon as I saw those green floaty platforms above the caves, I thought "man, I hope we'll get to play there too"

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
My hope honestly was that they found a way to add 3 alternative selections while keeping the "basic 3" as potential choices.

That was something I didn't particularly like about PSU...essentially the basic 3 were just stepping stone classes that were inferior to any other option once you surpassed them through the level requirements.

Ideally I'd like them to add 3 different types of classes that provide a different playstyle from the current 3, but also do not eclipse them. Where even when these new classes do come out, it could still be a selection of preference to remain being a hunter/ranger/force.

I have to agree with that. A sub-class system based on keeping your current class and just adding upgrades to it, but allowing for hybridation, would be fine for me.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that someone dug this up from 2ch?

( ̄ー ̄)

EDIT: Oh, I know!

DragonRizardmanA

EMERGENCY CODE: DISTRACTION

Blackheart521
Jul 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that someone dug this up from 2ch?

( ̄ー ̄)

I was kinda half thinking something like that haha. ^^;

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
From where? <_<

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the names.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
From where? <_<

The Land of Elevens.

No, but seriously, you don't know of 2ch?

Meruru
Jul 14, 2012, 01:19 PM
So none of this confirmed then =/ ? It just might be from 2chan lol, the pictures of the new area seem kinda off too.

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
I have to agree with that. A sub-class system based on keeping your current class and just adding upgrades to it, but allowing for hybridation, would be fine for me.No, this is not what I'm describing, because based on what you just said, it would still be optimal to pick a specialization because why not.

What I'm talking about are 3 stand-alone classes, separate from hunter/ranger/force. They would have their own strengths (in the form of weapon exclusivity, or base stat differences I would think), and their own weaknesses. There would be zero disadvantage to simply just wanting to remain a hunter/ranger/force.

ScottyMango
No, after seeing those pictures and the list of enemies, I'm pretty sure this is just datamined information from the same old place it's always been coming from.

TetsuyaHikari
So none of this confirmed then =/ ? It just might be from 2chan lol, the pictures of the new area seem kinda off too.

Well, the first one is fine. It's just an overhead shot of the mines. I'm not sure what the other two areas are supposed to be though. I recall there being something about a floating island mentioned at one point, which could be the second picture. I guess the third could be a heavily water based area.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 01:22 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that those floaty islands are the things you see above Caves.

Makes sense, since the Mines are all those buildings/facilities you see in the Desert.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
Isn't this old data-mining info? D:

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that those floaty islands are the things you see above Caves.

You can see things ABOVE Caves? Wat? All I see is a rocky ceiling (that is usually trying to fall on you in certain parts), lol. How do you know what the Caves look like from the outside when we're always stuck on the inside?

This sounds suspicious...!

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
You can see things ABOVE Caves? Wat? All I see is a rocky ceiling (that is usually trying to fall on you in certain parts), lol. How do you know what the Caves look like from the outside when we're always stuck on the inside?

...Have you never looked up in the caves? O.o

Half the time, there is no ceiling and you can see floating islands lol. Also, if you look out the campship window... or the cutscene that first shows you the planet.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 01:26 PM
The Land of Elevens.

No, but seriously, you don't know of 2ch?

If I know about it, not by that name. Care to explain, or is it against the rules? (PM then? <_<)

You can see floating islands above the lava area if you look out of the Camp Ship. <_<

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
Yes lol, you can also see it from certain sections of the caves, which are more like valley/cavern things, rather than actual caves.

Lostbob117
Jul 14, 2012, 01:29 PM

Of course it is, but people didn't know about it so I decided to post it.

Also I find this funny. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45426389/pso2site/community.htm

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:45 PM
...Have you never looked up in the caves? O.o

Half the time, there is no ceiling and you can see floating islands lol. Also, if you look out the campship window... or the cutscene that first shows you the planet.

Weird, lol. I guess I just always looked up at the wrong times then. I never saw an opening before. I guess I'll check again next time I'm in there... which will be soon. I'm still searching for my sword ><

http://i.imgur.com/NYo2c.jpg

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 01:47 PM

Lol

Okay, let me rephrase for you then, since you want to be a smartass.

They seem awfully similar to the existing class names, which makes me think those names are either badly translated, or fake altogether.

There, better?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:48 PM
Okay, let me rephrase for you then, since you want to be a smartass.

They seem awfully similar to the existing class names, which makes me think those names are either badly translated, or fake altogether.

There, better?

I wasn't being a smartass. I just thought it was funny that you were fine with the current class names we have, but wanted to mention how these seemed generic. So no, it's not better.

They're both generic sounding. Deal with it.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 01:53 PM
I wasn't being a smartass. I just thought it was funny that you were fine with the current class names we have, but wanted to mention how these seemed generic. So no, it's not better.

They're both generic sounding. Deal with it.

I think I'm getting the picture. Yup.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 01:58 PM
So this stuff sounds fun.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 02:33 PM
Weird, lol. I guess I just always looked up at the wrong times then. I never saw an opening before. I guess I'll check again next time I'm in there... which will be soon. I'm still searching for my sword ><

http://i.imgur.com/NYo2c.jpg

What if people used Internet Memes...

*insert meme picture*

To make up for not having their own sense of humour?!

Anyway I only read the first post, was too lazy to go through like 7 pages of "OHH AHH" to see if anyone already said what I said. YEAH BOREDOM POSTING. Dang post OBT forumers.

sugarFO
Jul 14, 2012, 02:43 PM

*insert meme picture*

Anyway I only read the first post, was too lazy to go through like 7 pages of "OHH AHH" to see if anyone already said what I said. YEAH BOREDOM POSTING. Dang post OBT forumers.

No one really has their "own" sense of humor. There's too many people in the world for that to be the case. I'm sure everything that you find funny is exactly like tons of other people.

Vintasticvin
Jul 14, 2012, 02:53 PM

I sense a PSU-like class spamfest approaching...

But on a second though... if that's what has been found by datamining I highly doubt those names are significative. I mean, "thunder"? Since when do we get techs called like that?

No, I don't wanna put my hopes up...

:< But you already are giving up hope on what many clamor as the "superior sever"

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 03:57 PM
Well, that it's going to be "superior" to the NA server, which is probably a given, doesn't imply that it's going to be objectively "superior". It might as well be really fucked up. NA server will be more in that case, though.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 03:59 PM
No one really has their "own" sense of humor. There's too many people in the world for that to be the case. I'm sure everything that you find funny is exactly like tons of other people.

Memes are too easy though, cool people don't use them to try and prove points! D:

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 03:59 PM
No one really has their "own" sense of humor. There's too many people in the world for that to be the case. I'm sure everything that you find funny is exactly like tons of other people.Oh, damn. Pretty good point there.

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 04:10 PM
Fighter, Gunner, Techer names are confirmed... to be their internal names!

It doesn't mean these will be names they choose for the actual classes, like how the opening post has internal names of most enemies released at this point.

That's not to say those definitely won't be their real names, very likely chance those will end up as their real names anyway.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
Oh, damn. Pretty good point there.

Yeah I can't wait to meet all 12 people that find The AIDs episode of Captain planet, an episode of 21 Jump street to be the best comedy they've ever seen and actually knew what a hipster was before 2007.

I'm still gonna make a comeback tof someone who has the same sense of humor as a 12 year old on summer vacation browsing 4chan, though! YEAH! YOU MADE ME SAY IT! I COULD OF BEEN NICE ABOUT IT! /Kramer voice

YEAH!

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
By the by, if anyone saw the Datamined stat sheet: [spoiler-box]Yes. Spoilers! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_modified_stats.tx (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_modified_stats.txt)t[/spoiler-box] Notice how stats "break" after 50. Then we look at the current release plans of releasing Lv 50 Cap and 3 new classes at once.

...See where I'm going with this? If it isn't a funny coincidence.

jmanx
Jul 14, 2012, 04:30 PM
wat the fk

> disappoint on a whole new level

you best be wrong

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 05:12 PM

That goes for anything, though. No one in the world is truly unique, as every idea and thought that we have, or any action we take, has been had/taken by thousands of others throughout history. Kind of makes you feel insignificant when you really sit and think about it. But anyway.

Rock just meant "instead of using pre-made jokes, use your brain and think of something yourself."

Coatl
Jul 14, 2012, 05:51 PM
That goes for anything, though. No one in the world is truly unique, as every idea and thought that we have, or any action we take, has been had/taken by thousands of others throughout history. Kind of makes you feel insignificant when you really sit and think about it. But anyway.

Rock just meant "instead of using pre-made jokes, use your brain and think of something yourself."

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/039/shrugging-pinkie-pie.png
Whaat.[/SPOILER-BOX]

In all seriousness now, I'd LOVE a gunner that can use talis and mechguns. Would make me psyched about being a Focast.
I would really hate to have these classes be advanced classes though. I mean, what would that add? An illusory feeling of progression. But now instead of playing a force, you are playing a class that acts just like force, but is called something else.

supersonix9
Jul 14, 2012, 06:16 PM
Seems like my friend's flying island area theory in Amduscia was pretty accurate.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 06:18 PM
So long as every hunter hybrid has the sword, I expect that I will level them all.

Sword + AR weak bullet = yes pls

Alternatively, Sword + any level techs = yes pls pls

supersonix9
Jul 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
Twin Mechguns. Aight, aight, not bad SEGA. I can work with that.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:22 PM

*insert meme picture*

Wow, lol. You totally missed my point, Rock. I just thought it was funny how you said it was old info, then he came in and said it he was posting it because nobody knew of it. If nobody knew of it, how could you have called it, "old info" ?

That was the joke to me, lol. So I just ran with that and threw something into the memegenerator since it would be pretty crazy for you to be typing about something you didn't know about :P (even though you did, in fact, already know about it)

DoubleCannon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:28 PM

I fucking accept the challenge! lol, I actually like the client orders even though it seems like you gotta grind for that level cap quest, it forces you to play the other areas, and while you play those other areas you find ZOMG Epic Rare! Hey it happens :)

Oh and...

I'll bet it's something like "Collect 500x _______ drop as Hunter/Ranger/Force (depending on which 'new' class you want to go plus that class must be level 40 to have the yellow items drop)." No big deal. Fixed :)

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:32 PM
Did I miss something?
What new info is actually old info?

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2012, 06:32 PM
I fucking accept the challenge! lol, I actually like the client orders even though it seems like you gotta grind for that level cap quest, it forces you to play the other areas, and while you play those other areas you find ZOMG Epic Rare! Hey it happens :)

Oh, I enjoy the Client Orders, too. I just don't see why you should have to do a client order, let alone a ridiculous one such as the (3x) 90x they had us do for the Lv. 40 cap raise, just for us to continue getting experience. That should be all-inclusive, and not need to be unlocked once implemented.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 06:35 PM
Wow, lol. You totally missed my point, Rock. I just thought it was funny how you said it was old info, then he came in and said it he was posting it because nobody knew of it. If nobody knew of it, how could you have called it, "old info" ?

Whut?

Anyway they datamined all of this in CBT cept for the new areas thing (But we had different images of before this thread.) Also I already said I only read the first post. I don't care about your meme generator anymore. :0

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:40 PM
Whut?

Argh. You still don't get it? Come on, man. It's funny, lol.

You said:

then he said:

It's funny because you're calling it old data and he even goes so far as to agree with you that it is, but still says, "people didn't know about it" How could people be calling it, "old info", like you did, if they didn't know about it?

I thought it was funny anyway >_>;

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:42 PM
I just want Fighgunner. Not Fortefighter..

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 06:44 PM

You said:

then he said:

It's funny because you're calling it old data and he even goes so far as to agree with you that it is, but still says, "people didn't know about it" How could people be calling it, "old info", like you did, if they didn't know about it?

That's...

Not funny at all... D:

It just means it's old news, but you just said it's not old news but now it's old news again but lostbob reminded people but it's still technically old news so what I said was right and I don't see how keanu reeves having an epiphany has anything to do with-

whut?

Zyrusticae
Jul 14, 2012, 07:30 PM

Because the age of a piece of information does not in any way correlate to how effectively it was disseminated?

lostinseganet
Jul 14, 2012, 07:43 PM

You said:

then he said:

I thought it was funny anyway >_>;If I have not seen it it's new to me

supersonix9
Jul 14, 2012, 07:45 PM
@Past few posts

WHO CARES?

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 08:07 PM
@Past few posts

WHO CARES?

IT'S IMPORTANT BECAUSE THIS IS THE INTERNET, STEP OFF DR.ROBUTTNIK!

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 08:08 PM
IT'S IMPORTANT BECAUSE THIS IS THE INTERNET, STEP OFF DR.ROBUTTNIK!

Silly Rock, Trix are for kids.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 08:09 PM
Silly Rock, Trix are for kids.

/Insert Phoenix Wright Defeated Villian Reaction

/Gets arrested

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
By the by, if anyone saw the Datamined stat sheet: [spoiler-box]Yes. Spoilers! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_modified_stats.tx (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_modified_stats.txt)t[/spoiler-box] Notice how stats "break" after 50. Then we look at the current release plans of releasing Lv 50 Cap and 3 new classes at once.

...See where I'm going with this? If it isn't a funny coincidence.

>People still thinking its going to be special new classes
>Look at datamined stat sheet

>HUdewm,HUdewearl,FOdewm,FOdewearl,RAdewm,RAdewearl

Told ya so guys lol. Dewmans are the new 3 classes. They're just gonna play word games to make it seem like more than it is. Its just like I said. They may give them goofy names but at the end of the day the 3 new 'classes' are

Dewman Hunter
Dewman Force
Dewman Ranger

They were just pulling a 'fallout has 300 endings' technical word twist. We live in a world where businesses do this kinda crap to boast that they have more than they do. So now, as far as segas concerned when marketing, a HUcast and HUcaseal are 2 different classes. 10 MIRRION PRAYABRE CRASSES, BUY ROTS OF EXTRAS CHARACTERS TO TRY DEM ARR

You guys can stop getting your hopes up now, look at the stat sheet and see for yourself.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 08:28 PM
But.. they specifically said 'classes'.

They didn't say 'new race'.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think if they were going to add a race, they wouldn't call it a class.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 08:32 PM
I know you're trolling, because you say 3 classes, then say gender matters, which would make it 6 new classes
Might as well stop

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
But.. they specifically said 'classes'.

They didn't say 'new race'.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think if they were going to add a race, they wouldn't call it a class.

Sega rarely ever does anything that makes sense

This isn't new lol

They're just twisting words. Apparently in segas eyes a HUmar and a HUcast are separate classes, since the race is different.

So with Dewmans being added, now theres 3 more 'Classes'

The dev names give it away. They're gonna give them goofy names to try and advertise them as individual new classes. But at the end of the day, theyre a dewman hunter a dewman force and a dewman ranger.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 08:41 PM
I disagree. I don't think seeing "de" between names in datamined data is good enough cause to believe they're adding dewmans at all, especially when everything else shows otherwise.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 14, 2012, 08:42 PM
And i'm willing to bet anything the new hunter weapons will be exclusive to the dewman hunter (the double saber, knucks, and twin daggers) the new ranger weapon will be exclusive to the dewman ranger (the mechguns) and the wand will be exclusive to the dewman force. They may allow the dewman classes some cross play with the twin daggers and mechguns, but they wont let the existing classes use them at all I bet.

Just to try and get people to buy another character slot to be able to use the weapons (why else would they hold out on fan favorite weapons, they know how to work people)

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 14, 2012, 08:44 PM
I disagree. I don't think seeing "de" between names in datamined data is good enough cause to believe they're adding dewmans at all, especially when everything else shows otherwise.

You guys thought it would be easy for sega to do global servers and just give an english option in the client, too

Its willful ignorance you want to believe they would name the stat after dewmans but have it be something else entirely. Enough with the blind wishful thinking, come on now

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
The Duman stats are probably only for NPC's anyway
Unless they are waiting a whole year to add the race

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 14, 2012, 08:53 PM
The Duman stats are probably only for NPC's anyway

NPCs dont level up and as such dont have experience tables attached to them

Lol are you guys really gonna keep trying to ignore the facts? It is what it is. Personally I could care less if those are the new 'classes'

Is it that hard a pill to swallow?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 08:55 PM
NPCs dont level up and as such dont have experience tables attached to them

That's your proof?

Your arguments are thin like paper, just like you are

Blackheart521
Jul 14, 2012, 08:55 PM

That could very well be the case, lots of MMOs take awhile to add something like a new race to play. New races are a pretty big longevity increase for a game's life, which is something games need years down the line to help them stay up.

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 08:59 PM
-https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/Reaction/bert%20snaps.gif

Except for the huge fact that you know, Fighter, Gunner and Techer have been datamined.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2012, 09:03 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/Reaction/bert%20snaps.gif

I'm just saying, that gif gave me a pretty good laugh. Thanks for that.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 09:06 PM

Except for the huge fact that you know, Fighter, Gunner and Techer have been datamined.

Proof?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 14, 2012, 09:11 PM

Fighter - HUdewn, HUdewearl

Gunner - RAdewm, RAdewearl

Techer - FOdewm, FOdewearl

Like I said, theyre just giving them fancy names so people dont call them out on it. Or do you wanna scroll through the linked datamined statsheet and find me the 'Fighter, Gunner, and Techer' stats. Spoilers: You wont find them, they go by the dev names based on race and what they technically actually are.

They will hopefully have some special abilities via the skill tree, but its just glorified dewman HU,RA and FO

Looking at the stat sheets and lying to yourself that HUdewm is code name for 'Not a dewman hunter but something mega cool and special instead' is just as stupid as looking at the dev name 'Native Beast' and acting like Boomas will be in the game, when we know full well that Dev name refers to the Oodans (aka, the monkey)

Lets use common sense here, ok? lol

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 09:13 PM
And i'm willing to bet anything the new hunter weapons will be exclusive to the dewman hunter (the double saber, knucks, and twin daggers) the new ranger weapon will be exclusive to the dewman ranger (the mechguns) and the wand will be exclusive to the dewman force. They may allow the dewman classes some cross play with the twin daggers and mechguns, but they wont let the existing classes use them at all I bet.

Just to try and get people to buy another character slot to be able to use the weapons (why else would they hold out on fan favorite weapons, they know how to work people)

The only thing more depressing than this idea is that it's entirely plausible.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2012, 09:16 PM
The only thing more depressing than this idea is that it's entirely plausible.

*shrugs* if it's just a new race, I'm not gonna be too miffed, honestly, unless they work it that the new weapon types are linked to that race. That'd be a dick move on Sega's part. Other than that? I'm not wasting my time arguing either side. i'm going to play the game and enjoy myself.

Seems simple, no?

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
That's basically my stance, but I've seen game companies do worse for a buck.

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 09:20 PM
Gamer X, FYI those names on that stat sheet were fan named. Stop spouting crap now.

Proof?

[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/PSO2%20Icons/Texture/ui_appearance_alpha2_black.png[/spoiler-box] Wrongly colored icons for them at the right end, F T G Stars.

Also all the equips right now have a basic listing of can "X" equip this? Included there are Fighter, Gunner and Techer along with the usual.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 14, 2012, 09:21 PM
That's basically my stance, but I've seen game companies do worse for a buck.

Yup. Hopefully Sega doesn't fall under that list. I'd rather continue enjoying the game.

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 09:21 PM
I hope the Dewmans make for the best Hunters so Casts aren't two classes' first choice. And also to further leave Humans in the dust across the board

Zyrusticae
Jul 14, 2012, 09:27 PM
I fail to see how the presence of Dumans (who would be an extra race) would invalidate the entirely separate idea of new classes, nor do I see how it is ONLY a possibility that we would get one or the other instead of both, nor do I see how Dumans are ever-so-clearly what we are getting instead of actual classes when there is a clear and obvious difference between races and classes, not to mention they could claim "6 new classes" instead of 3 if they wanted to go that route (but they wouldn't, because it's incredibly stupid).

I assume incompetence from SEGA, but that's a whole 'nother level of it.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 09:30 PM
[spoiler-box]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/PSO2%20Icons/Texture/ui_appearance_alpha2_black.png[/spoiler-box] Wrongly colored icons for them at the right end, F T G Stars.

Also all the equips right now have a basic listing of can "X" equip this? Included there are Fighter, Gunner and Techer along with the usual.

That image dump is from before launcher, spear, and talis were even implemented

Where do those stars even appear in the game?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 09:31 PM
I fail to see how the presence of Dumans (who would be an extra race) would invalidate the entirely separate idea of new classes, nor do I see how it is ONLY a possibility that we would get one or the other instead of both, nor do I see how Dumans are ever-so-clearly what we are getting instead of actual classes when there is a clear and obvious difference between races and classes, not to mention they could claim "6 new classes" instead of 3 if they wanted to go that route (but they wouldn't, because it's incredibly stupid).

I assume incompetence from SEGA, but that's a whole 'nother level of it.

Google translate says "Adding 3 new Class species"

This can only mean one thing

/sarcasm

moeri
Jul 14, 2012, 09:34 PM
Slightly related but I have noticed the term data mining being thrown around....

Is this really being "data mined" ?

Don't exactly see how you can data mine a game client

I can only imagine it being extraction

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 09:40 PM
That image dump is from before launcher, spear, and talis were even implemented

Where do those stars even appear in the game?

From the 2nd Alpha. Like I said those icons are the wrong color, the same color the blanked out Icons are. (Thus they were supposed to be blanked out.)

After that they correctly blanked out the icons (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12757141/The%20Arkive/pso2_closebeta_ui_appearance.png), notice the spaces with the new class icons, but I can't exactly give visual icon proof any more.

Though like also said previously they are still there referenced by those names. You can either believe that or "datamine" it yourself.

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 09:44 PM
but those aren't class designations, but stat icons? so unless the new classes get their very own primary atk/def stat then that means nothing

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 09:51 PM
Also in the Sheet I just linked, left of the Rifle icon is the Sub Class Icon.

but those aren't class designations, but stat icons? so unless the new classes get their very own primary atk/def stat then that means nothing

I don't understand what you mean here.

Macman
Jul 14, 2012, 09:53 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12757141/The%20Arkive/pso2_closebeta_ui_appearance.png
Oh damn, 13-15* items are gonna be faaaabulouuuuus.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 09:58 PM
Also in the Sheet I just linked, left of the Rifle icon is the Sub Class Icon.

Hmm
If we assume this to be true..
"Fighgunner" could be Fighter/Ranger, or Gunner/Hunter
Assuming that's how subclassing is going to work (main Advanced, pick a sub basic)

Meaning there are 2 Fighgunners, 2 Wartechers, 2 Guntechers, and a Forte of each (Fighter/Hunter etc.)

This is suddenly good news

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 10:07 PM
I don't understand what you mean here.

the staff/gun/sword aren't class icons, so what does their proximity to stars prove?

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 10:15 PM
the staff/gun/sword aren't class icons, so what does their proximity to stars prove?

Hmm, are you looking at the correct thing? They are the Class Icons now, the previous Class Icons were stars in the Alphas until the redesign. Then in the new sheet the FTG Icons were either blanked out or just left place holder spots until they design new Icons for them.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 10:19 PM
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/Zakon/pso20120714_102413_001.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Huh, the empty space at the bottom is wierd, isn't it

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/Zakon/pso20120714_102413_001proof.jpg[/spoiler-box]
..Much better

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
As well as if you take a look in places such as where you change your class, at the very top there is another blank section with a divider. Plus push Esc and look at the blank area below your current class, same with your overall stats menu.

In more places like when you check invite-able NPCs or when are checking your own it has another blank spot right below the main class.

Should be pretty evident what's gonna go there in all these cases.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 10:35 PM
After some discussion, I have a feeling that fighter, gunner, and techer will be subclass only, only able to level up from getting high ranks in missions

As such, sub gunner will be the only way to get mechguns, while sub fighter for something like Rangerfighter would get rifles, launchers, doublesabers, knuckles, daggers... kinda unfair

Vashyron
Jul 14, 2012, 10:39 PM
How they level is yet to be seen.

But the later, that's what I believe will be the case. Like mentioned earlier weapons have details of what class can equip and FTG are included.

Unless some/all the new weapons aren't given to the new sub class types, or potential weapons being a special case like the Soul Eater. (Equipped by all, but only Hunters can use PAs.)