PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid MAGS

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 14, 2012, 01:15 PM
Lets talk about hybrid MAGs.

*What did you make?
*Why?
*Any regrets?

With the Fighter, Gunner and Techer sub classes in mind -without really knowing what they are about-, I wanna see people's opinnions. I just bought a second MAG, and I don't know what to do with it yet.

Any idea how to build a MAG for a "Wartecher"?

LK1721
Jul 14, 2012, 01:22 PM
I'm in the process of making a combat-heavy Guntecher type mag. Essentially mine will turn out to be 90 R-attack, 55 ability, and 55 T-attack by level 200. Picking more r-attack since I'll be a ranger first and a techer second. So far this build is doing me well, so I'm sure that it will continue to do so. Though, somewhere along the line I may modify this to stick in some defensive stats, but for now I'm making it full combat.

For Wartecher, you'd probably want to decide if you're going to be more striking or more tech.

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 01:23 PM
There is much freedom choosing your build for mags, really, specially if you plan on going with mixed stats and not with a pure build. the fact that they get stuck into their respective branches once they reach level 100 is a very nice thing, you can raise stats that don't belong to the branch without risking it changing into the wrong mag.

I also intended to build a "wartecher" mag. My main is a newman girl, so to keep things balanced (and because I really like the unicorn PB), I decided to go with the "pure" striking mag, Delphinus (the one that looks like a tough guy with arms, lol), and raise the tech stats just enough so it doesn't change to Libra (which I think it's ugly as hell).

My mag is more or less 50 SATK, 30 TATK, 10 Ability, 20 SDEF, 20 TDEF. If I get to make a new one, I might take out those 10 ability points and invest them into SDEF, or maybe try going the opposite way and this time make a melee/tech mag but from the tech branch.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
I might as well be going for a hybrid MAG, lol. I'm focusing on s-atk, ability, and s-def right now. My stats are something like:

s-atk: 49
r-atk: 0
t-atk: 0
ability: 48
s-def: 20
r-def: 15
t-def: 12

Just about finished with it. When I get some more AC later, I'll probably just reset my MAG and ditch the r-def and t-def for more s-def and ability. The r-def and t-def hasn't helped as much as I thought it would.

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 01:42 PM
Whenever I cap and regret not taking some stat, I'll get a new mag (NOT a reset), and make a pure offensive + however much defensive I ended up wanting for

That is, T-Atk and T-Def only, for equips and damage, Ability be damned