PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Main Menu Is Blank

GrimFandango
Jul 14, 2012, 01:49 PM
I need some help when i start the game the main menu screen is all blank no Japanese text or anything, i can't log in at all. Can't do anything really I'm not sure if this is maintenance fixing the servers or a glitch. I took some screen shots of the problem. Link: http://imageshack.us/g/717/pso22012071414240621.png/

How do i fix this problem or is it just maintenance? i really hope i don't have to reinstall everything that would suck.

holmwood
Jul 14, 2012, 01:51 PM
I need some help when i start the game the main menu screen is all blank no Japanese text or anything, i can't log in at all. Can't do anything really I'm not sure if this is maintenance fixing the servers or a glitch. I took some screen shots of the problem. Link: http://imageshack.us/g/717/pso22012071414240621.png/

How do i fix this problem or is it just maintenance? i really hope i don't have to reinstall everything that would suck.

Try Japanese System Locale.

And this is the wrong section.

RocSage
Jul 14, 2012, 01:54 PM
Try not using the beta english patch

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 01:54 PM
Make sure you have Japanese language pack installed on your computer.

If you don't, switch your system Local to Japan.

edit: and also, yes, don't use the english patch.

IndigoNovember
Jul 14, 2012, 01:55 PM
Did you try applying the closed beta translation patch? It doesn't work with the actual release.

GrimFandango
Jul 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the answers!

I did used a translator for the character creator program i think maybe that messed it up i don't know. I changed my locale to Japan but the problem still there. :(

Ana-Chan
Jul 15, 2012, 03:33 AM
Since PSO2 is Unicode, the system locale doesn't make a difference. The only thing that would cause problems is if you are using anything before Windows Vista and haven't installed the files for Japanese languages.
To try and fix this, on the PSO2 loader window (the one where the very big game start button is), click the third button from the top, this should check the files and redownload any that have changed. It has the text ファイルチェック in the button. If for some reason you can't do that, if you go to your My Documents folder, then go to SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 and in here, delete version.ver and _version.ver, it will do a file check the next time you start the game.

jooozek
Jul 15, 2012, 06:26 AM
Its clear that the thread creator used the english patch for the closed beta - just use the third option in the launcher, it will check and downloaded fixed files.