PDA

View Full Version : Destructoid previews PSO2

Dan Maku
Jul 14, 2012, 03:07 PM
Looks like they like it. :3 (http://www.destructoid.com/preview-phantasy-star-online-2-231162.phtml#ext)

On the whole, Phantasy Star Online 2 has blown me away in a heartbeat. It shows a level of polish that I've only seen in maybe one or two other free-to-play games. As an MMORPG, it feels solid enough -- with combat more engaging than the typical fare -- that I think it will actually be able to hold its own in the wake of other big releases like The Secret World and Guild Wars 2.

ChronoTrigga
Jul 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
If only they felt the nostalgia boner I have right now playing the JP version. Seriously, it feels like old PSO, but better. :) And I've only played the forest so far. O_O

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:41 PM
Their first image shows sexysluttybitch, Ferria, myself, and the usual dancers... dancing.

50 dkp minus

Ordy
Jul 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
If only they felt the nostalgia boner I have right now playing the JP version. Seriously, it feels like old PSO, but better. :) And I've only played the forest so far. O_O

I won't lie ... I shivered when I first heard the "Press Enter to Start" sound, which is so specific to PSO. It brought back lots of memories (*.*)

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
Their first image shows sexysluttybitch, Ferria, myself, and the usual dancers... dancing.

50 dkp minus

I'm still wondering how she(?) got away with having that name, lol.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/this-is-my-childhood-sonic-mega-man-s-comic-crossover--231078.phtml

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ATTTT???

Two of my most favorite videogame franchises ever having a cross over comic?????? TAKE ALL OF MY MONEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYY

On-Topic: No fair I rarely play in block 20!

MelancholyWitch
Jul 14, 2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/this-is-my-childhood-sonic-mega-man-s-comic-crossover--231078.phtml

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ATTTT???

Two of my most favorite videogame franchises ever having a cross over comic?????? TAKE ALL OF MY MONEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYY

On-Topic: No fair I rarely play in block 20!

block 20 isn't bad as long as you're not just sitting in the lobby then again it's like why play this game if that's ll you're going to do =p.

Coatl
Jul 14, 2012, 06:50 PM
Everytime I see sexysluttybitch walk past me in lobby I can't help but lol.
Quite the character name. <3

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 06:51 PM
block 20 isn't bad as long as you're not just sitting in the lobby then again it's like why play this game if that's ll you're going to do =p.

Yeah being a lobby rat is for when you've reached level 1XX and you stop taking the game seriously but there's nothing else to do with your computer other than treat Phantasy Star like a 2nd MSN.

Halcyote
Jul 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
good for them?

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 06:55 PM
good for them?

Well good for everyone that hasn't given up on the future of the english PSO2 community at least.

Since I'll be DAMN surprised if PSO2 gets a single commercial.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:56 PM
good for them?
The more places that preview it and show some level of general acceptance the better, especially since it'll be segregated from the Japanese.

Noblewine
Jul 14, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'm just glad they are giving this game a chance compared to how they reviewed PSU. They didn't even give it a chance and hearing that they like PSO2 means it'll be good.

Yunfa
Jul 14, 2012, 07:02 PM

Have you checked their gears? +10s across the screen...

MelancholyWitch
Jul 14, 2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah being a lobby rat is for when you've reached level 1XX and you stop taking the game seriously but there's nothing else to do with your computer other than treat Phantasy Star like a 2nd MSN.

yeah it reminds me more of PSU than PSO, but really the multiparty are great on there especially during emergency events.

Have you checked their gears? +10s across the screen...

I do too but I don't just sit at lobby unless I'm actually AFK.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 10:15 PM

50 dkp minus

my sides oh god

AC9breaker
Jul 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
I prefer the Giant Bomb quick looks over destructoid stuff.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-phantasy-star-online-2-beta/17-6269/

Zipzo
Jul 14, 2012, 11:21 PM
Well good for everyone that hasn't given up on the future of the english PSO2 community at least.

Excuse me while I think of another MMORPG that had commercials aside from World of Warcraft...

Having a commercial or not doesn't really mean much.

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2012, 11:27 PM
Advertise PSO2 on Toonami. Instant increase in users

Ryuujin13
Jul 14, 2012, 11:28 PM

I say we get some footage of everyone playing PSO2, give it to someone who can make a awesome video and make a commercial. lol throw it on YouTube and get it to go viral :D Lol I can only imagine the hilarity of it xD

Sinue_v2
Jul 14, 2012, 11:33 PM
Excuse me while I think of another MMORPG that had commercials aside from World of Warcraft...

It doesn't? And here I thought PSU failed because Sega wouldn't shell out the cash for that spot during the Superbowl.

holdthephone
Jul 14, 2012, 11:38 PM
Game journalists pretty much aren't allowed to write negative previews.

Priest
Jul 14, 2012, 11:58 PM
Game journalists pretty much aren't allowed to write negative previews.

Find me a positive review on Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

holdthephone
Jul 15, 2012, 12:00 AM
hey now, i said previews

and i don't think big rigs even got a preview =p

Ce'Nedra
Jul 15, 2012, 07:03 AM

sluttybitch? sure, but sexy? hell no. That character creeps me out whenever I see her.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 07:33 AM

Well all the other games were on consoles and handhelds. The F2P MMORPG thing is new. And at this point yeah it's hard to get a commercial they lost their chance in the PS2 era, (even though it's SEGA this game isn't Sonic, obviously...)

But in general the name gets around by previews and reviews on websites like these and magazines and MAYBE, just MAYBE it'll pop up on G4 once or twice... It'll still take more than a few JRPG enthusiast and cult follower fans if you want this game to be successful enough for "SOA AND SOJ" to give a shit.

But nah, either way we're already doomed so fuck any positive thought related to PSO2 EU/US right? Who cares about this game getting put into the light!

RocSage
Jul 15, 2012, 07:48 AM
It would be nice if these sites realized its not in beta.

Ryuujin13
Jul 15, 2012, 02:07 PM
Well all the other games were on consoles and handhelds. The F2P MMORPG thing is new. And at this point yeah it's hard to get a commercial they lost their chance in the PS2 era, (even though it's SEGA this game isn't Sonic, obviously...)

But in general the name gets around by previews and reviews on websites like these and magazines and MAYBE, just MAYBE it'll pop up on G4 once or twice... It'll still take more than a few JRPG enthusiast and cult follower fans if you want this game to be successful enough for "SOA AND SOJ" to give a shit.

But nah, either way we're already doomed so fuck any positive thought related to PSO2 EU/US right? Who cares about this game getting put into the light!

I care if this game gets into the light. I need noobs to feed my laughter and to use silly alt+F4 pranks on lol. Plus it is always fun to have a large community, people do hilarious things like rage quit. Ah fun times :)