PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 A thought on Double Sabers...

Zyrusticae
Jul 14, 2012, 03:36 PM
...What if they transformed into twin sabers?

I mean, gunslash has two modes, right? Melee and ranged. Double sabers and twin sabers are basically the same thing, with double sabers just being twin sabers fused together at the hilt. So what if "switching modes" on the double saber just detached the two sabers and turned them into twin sabers?

I could see the PAs for this working in two ways:

1. Like the gunslash, double/twin saber PAs would have components that used double sabers and components that used twin sabers, or

2. The PAs would actually change based on which mode you are in; in other words, double/twin saber PAs would be a "two in one" deal, giving them tremendous versatility in exchange for the inability to Just Guard.

I find the idea rather exciting. Of course, chances are they'll just go the easy route and make them work like every other Hunter weapon (RB/Shift to block/parry), but the fact that this is even a possibility makes me a little giddy. I do wonder...

...Oh, and while you're here, have a video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfa-Pa5IQLg&feature=player_detailpage#t=127s)

HFlowen
Jul 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
mite b cool

sugarFO
Jul 14, 2012, 03:38 PM
VIVIENNE.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
That would be cool ;o

Carillon
Jul 14, 2012, 03:41 PM
so... perhaps they're intended for a melee class that can't just gaurd?

intresting, intresting.

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'd be ok with that idea.

Hell I'll end up using double sabers regardless since best weapon type in the series

Jakosifer
Jul 14, 2012, 03:42 PM
This is actually an idea that I've always wanted to be implemented in the PS Online games. So many Twin Sabers already have DS versions with the same blades. So why not be able to seperate them? The idea I always liked was having DS' be more geared for Crowd Control, with slightly less speed but better defensive maneuvers. While the Twin Saber is faster and more geared for single target/small crowd control with higher damage.

I would love it to be honest, because the above is how my character is supposed to fight exactly. I doubt it would be implemented, unfortunately.

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 03:43 PM
Colaya called it months back. We'll see if he was right.

Rizen
Jul 14, 2012, 03:43 PM
....I actually like this idea. Now I am kind of wishing it will happen!

ShadowDragon28
Jul 14, 2012, 03:44 PM
that would be f**kin badass IMO.

Blizz3112
Jul 14, 2012, 03:48 PM
Double Sabers in PSU weren't exactly strong, but very accurate and fast. Maybe they try this again?

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 14, 2012, 03:51 PM
I want my rucars and comets back now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 03:53 PM
I don't see why not.

Daiyousei
but being able to split into twin swords, This is sooo Darth Maul!!

CelestialBlade
Not a bad idea. Would be nice to have the option.

Meruru
Jul 14, 2012, 03:55 PM
This is a really good idea actually ^^. I can see them doing this if they implement double sabers in a future update.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 03:59 PM
This is an awesome idea.

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
I would love this. Then I can be like Hubert (except for the also being able to turn into dual pistols part)....lol

Freshellent
Jul 14, 2012, 04:02 PM
Huh, yeah. I'd definitely be okay with that.

r00tabaga
Jul 14, 2012, 04:11 PM
Just for the record, like I mentioned earlier, this is an idea that's been kicked around here for months and totally goes in line with the new weapon styles (ie: Gunslash, rifles multi uses, etc). Lavis dbl saber and twin sabers would look the best IMO.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
But I like blocking.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 04:18 PM
But I like blocking.

Too bad.

You're gonna learn to dodge like da gunslash users

And you're gonna like it so we can have a cool concept

I dunno about Doublesaber, but if we get them, Twin swords better be a speedy weapon anyway (I hate slow dual swords...)

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna have to dodge, you mean like I was already doing for three weeks until I found out Just Guard damages enemies?

Oh.

Micro
Jul 14, 2012, 04:40 PM
I could see them doing this, not sure I'd prefer it though.

Zyrusticae
Jul 14, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm gonna have to dodge, you mean like I was already doing for three weeks until I found out Just Guard damages enemies?

Oh.
Funny thing: I've known about it for awhile, but I still never block. It is ingrained into every fiber of my being that not getting hit in the first place is better than blocking in every way (it's a fighting game thing).

I imagine this plays into my positive bias towards this idea... ;-)

Darki
Jul 14, 2012, 04:51 PM
If they did that, double sabers would jump a good deal of steps in my list of favorite weapons.

Funny thing: I've known about it for awhile, but I still never block. It is ingrained into every fiber of my being that not getting hit in the first place is better than blocking in every way (it's a fighting game thing).

I imagine this plays into my positive bias towards this idea... ;-)

Same here. I guess in my case I'm jut too used to being a Force, but no guard evar. I gotta start trying to get used to it.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 04:59 PM

Oh.

Am I a catalyst for smartass remarks now?

I THINK I AM!

/See's next to posts and realizes I don't have to continue further than that

FINE!

Also step attack is boss.

Ueno54
Jul 14, 2012, 05:08 PM
I'd be let down if I couldn't use them on my hunter and just guard.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
Am I a catalyst for smartass remarks now?

I THINK I AM!

/See's next to posts and realizes I don't have to continue further than that

FINE!

Also step attack is boss.

Well every post I've seen from you today has been some kind of smartass remark, so I just assumed you were having a bad day and left my reply as harmless as I possibly could. It doesn't get much more harmless than what I said.

Being that I'm regularly comparing hunter gameplay to a much more challenging and less forgiving game with many similar mechanics, I'm already quite familiar with dodging and - like in this other game - deflecting attacks is a far more rewarding method of evading damage when possible. Parry dat black knight, parry it good.

And yes, step attack is a great way to start every combo. It's the first skill I go for in every tree.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well every post I've seen from you today has been some kind of smartass remark, so I just assumed you were having a bad day and left my reply as harmless as I possibly could. It doesn't get much more harmless than what I said.

Being that I'm regularly comparing hunter gameplay to a much more challenging and less forgiving game with many similar mechanics, I'm already quite familiar with dodging and - like in this other game - deflecting attacks is a far more rewarding method of evading damage when possible. Parry dat black knight, parry it good.

That's true...

BUT NO NEED TO JUMP IN IF YOU THINK I'M HAVIN' A BAD DAY!

YOU COULD JUST BE ALL "BRO... /holds arms out"

But it's too late I have to be the one guy everyone hates so that everyone can band together!

I have to be the villian in order to be a hero...

Wtf am I typing.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 05:15 PM
It's cool dude we all have bad days, I've been having a pretty awful few days myself. We're all cool around here.

Also, hero PSOW deserves, not needs, etc.etc.

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 05:16 PM
It's cool dude we all have bad days, I've been having a pretty awful few days myself. We're all cool around here.

But I haven't been having a bad day. D8

Maybe tonight's just a full moon.

kdrakari
Jul 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
This idea is terrible, it would make every single hunter use the same weapon type because it's just so badass!

Zari
Jul 14, 2012, 05:58 PM
This idea is terrible, it would make every single hunter use the same weapon type because it's just so badass!

who cares? It would be a pretty fun weapon to use if implemented correctly. The fact that a lot of people would use it isn't really much of an excuse to NOT add it in.

darkante
Jul 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
This idea gets my approval.
Either way, i want them NOW! ;3

Sparzyle
Jul 14, 2012, 06:17 PM
It would be pretty cool switching double sabers to dual sabers but a thought judging from the desing of the double sabers they would look more like daggers [spoiler-box]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/bg_autumn_01.jpg[/spoiler-box]

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:31 PM
It would be pretty cool switching double sabers to dual sabers but a thought judging from the desing of the double sabers they would look more like daggers [spoiler-box]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q143/rudehi/bg_autumn_01.jpg[/spoiler-box]

They look like the current gunslashes
Also, there hasn't been a single dagger in PSO/PSU that looks like one of those halves, while they do look like sabers

Zyrusticae
Jul 14, 2012, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure in what universe daggers go up to your crotch in length... :-o

Noblewine
Jul 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
I love to see that! Two modes of combat to handle a situation sound like a great idea.

Sparzyle
Jul 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
I was thinking something like this...
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-STORM_WAND_INDRA-ACTION-1.jpghttp://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-CROSS_SCAR-ACTION-1.jpg[/spoiler-box]
but yeah maybe I'm thinking too much...

NoiseHERO
Jul 14, 2012, 06:42 PM

NOPE

FISTS WILL STILL BE THE BEST WEAPONS EVERY BY DEFAULT!

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
That doesn't change the fact that those were the best daggers in the game
Then PSU shat on them

Cyclon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:43 PM
That'd be neat. Double sabers aren't really for blocking imo. Look at all these guys getting them cut in half when trying to guard with them

But the fact that not a soul here seems to be against the idea is more than enough to prove that it just won't happen. Sorry.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:47 PM
But the fact that not a soul here seems to be against the idea is more than enough to prove that it just won't happen. Sorry.

When I thought about guarding with a doublesaber, I thought of the spear spin
And I don't like the idea of it being the same block animation

..And I honestly think turning them into twin sabers is dorky

If I were to come up with an idea on the spot, pressing shift would make the character do an animation where they spin 360 degrees while doing poor blocking (taking like 1/3rd damage), and then JA'ing a photon art after one second would have an increased damage boost