PDA

View Full Version : Why do enemies HP not scale by party numbers?

Xeno88
Jul 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Its pretty dumb when you are fighting the Vol Dragon (solo) and it takes 15 minutes to beat..

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
That's kind of the point of PSO.

Playing with more people gives you more power. Therefore, community.

HFlowen
Jul 14, 2012, 04:02 PM
It is kinda disappointing when everything vaporizes before I can touch it when multiple parties are swarming together.

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
Because they scale by enemy quantity and increased chance of Emergency Codes.

I prefer the PSO2 logic of increased difficulty. It's not about smacking one mob longer or getting smacked harder (Diablo3 logic).

If you bring more people to the war, they'll bring more people to the war.

Why would a boss magically become weak because only 1 guy shows up?

EDIT:

2 words: ONE MORE!

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
It is a little bit too easy when you have like 8 people with you, but I also kind of like it. Feels like a little army stompin' through.

Again, I agree with Vylera.

eggeh
Jul 14, 2012, 04:05 PM
See: Diablo 3.

Crimson Exile
Jul 14, 2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBaWtoEn9ts&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBaWtoEn9ts&feature=plcp

Blackheart521
Jul 14, 2012, 04:09 PM
I like it this way, enemies scaling always pisses me off in games. Strength in numbers man.

On another note, the other kind of scaling is the worst kind, when things scale to your level it's just annoying, I like murdlizing weak enemies in one shot after I level up a bunch lol. ^^;

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 04:19 PM
Oops a common forest rat mauls you effortlessly because there are two guys off in the corner making out

Emery25
Jul 14, 2012, 04:22 PM
It would be too easy to grind for items

darkante
Jul 14, 2012, 06:07 PM
I love the fireworks, makes leveling less tedious.

Coatl
Jul 14, 2012, 06:23 PM
I thought it did scale? That's why I would wait until all my party members would be at the portal before I jump to Vol dragon. Wouldn't want its hp to be so low that I wouldn't be able to break both his horns on time.

Well, it's good manners to wait for your team anyway I suppose..

supersonix9
Jul 14, 2012, 06:26 PM
Because that would defeat the purpose of progression if you tried to kill a level 20 mob at 10, then tried again later at 20 only to find out that it becomes level 40 with another person.

Macman
Jul 14, 2012, 07:54 PM
Because that would defeat the purpose of progression if you tried to kill a level 20 mob at 10, then tried again later at 20 only to find out that it becomes level 40 with another person.
That's some Borderlands scaling right there. I remember trying to play that game from scratch with 4 people makes it damn near impossible at some points.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 07:56 PM
Wait until Ultimate difficulty when everything is crapping out, exhaling and casting Megid. Remember that when you want mobs to live longer...

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 08:06 PM
Wait until Ultimate difficulty when everything is crapping out, exhaling and casting Megid. Remember that when you want mobs to live longer...

Hey Dark Falz, how's it -OH SHI-

UnLucky
Jul 14, 2012, 08:21 PM
That's some Borderlands scaling right there. I remember trying to play that game from scratch with 4 people makes it damn near impossible at some points.

not when you're running around really fast while invincible while regenerating health while dealing bonus area damage while decreasing the cooldown to do it all over again

eggeh
Jul 14, 2012, 08:23 PM

Those lilies...

The Walrus
Jul 14, 2012, 09:00 PM
2 words: ONE MORE!

Why does that sound so familiar...

Macman
Jul 14, 2012, 09:45 PM
Those lilies...
I doubt Megid will be a cheap OHKO spell. It hasn't been that way for quite a while.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 10:10 PM
I doubt Megid will be a cheap OHKO spell. It hasn't been that way for quite a while.

from the glitched megid some people have gotten a hold of (megid is in the game but it's a bugged disc called dark spell lv 0 or something, probably patched it by now, haven't seen it for a long time) it's not an insta kill

it's a multi hitting kinda globular circly aoe splash attack that poisons.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 10:27 PM
I recall those fake Dimenians in PSU throwing Megid around like it was a game of dodgeball. Whether it was OHKO or not I don't know for certain. Since I was a newearl, the total damage from the spell killed me before the OHKO part had a chance to activate. lol

Randomness
Jul 14, 2012, 10:40 PM
Hey Dark Falz, how's it -OH SHI-

I never did get how he cast Grants.

AC9breaker
Jul 14, 2012, 10:41 PM
I recall those fake Dimenians in PSU throwing Megid around like it was a game of dodgeball. Whether it was OHKO or not I don't know for certain. Since I was a newearl, the total damage from the spell killed me before the OHKO part had a chance to activate. lol

Pretty sure it was OHKO except that it was upgraded from PSO's megid to do damage if it didn't insta kill.

I never did get how he cast Grants.

Que the "OH GOD STOP ATTACKING HIM, HE'S TAKEN MY SOUL"
You die regardless, because they can't read your little text over their massive explosions.

Ana-Chan
Jul 15, 2012, 03:17 AM
You die regardless, because they can't read your little text over their massive explosions.

Or the times you just don't say a word because the person who is attacking Dark Falz is the person whose soul he stole. Then queue the confusion afterwards when the person who just committed suicide wonders what just happened.

Blizz3112
Jul 15, 2012, 04:08 AM

Or they just don't give a crap about you... :D

When they decide to make V. Hard and Ultimate, there will some insane boss battles. Vol Dragon would kill you if he... well does stuff that is already painful...

Vylera
Jul 15, 2012, 04:44 AM
Or they just don't give a crap about you... :D

When they decide to make V. Hard and Ultimate, there will some insane boss battles. Vol Dragon would kill you if he... well does stuff that is already painful...

I fail dodged a max virus Hard mode Vol Dragon skullbash and got blasted for 380ish damage.

I decided I'd let my character sleep on the ground for a while after that one.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 15, 2012, 04:57 AM
I fail dodged a max virus Hard mode Vol Dragon skullbash and got blasted for 380ish damage.

I decided I'd let my character sleep on the ground for a while after that one.

i like his skullbash. all you need to do to dodge is clip into him/go underneath his belly. when in doubt hide underneath him lol. it almost always works. or just, guard. not just guard, since guarding works nicely too so long as you have pp.