PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 How to charge faster?

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
I know there's a skill that lets you charge your sword's photon arts a lot faster, as I've seen it used many times.

But I can't find it anywhere in the skill tree. Can anyone let me know how to do this?

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
Sword Gear.

ScottyMango
Jul 14, 2012, 04:17 PM
Cool, thanks.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sword Gear.

So is THAT what those gear skills do?

The description on the translation was very broad.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah, each gear does something different.

Sword Gear is filled by damage and drained by time spent not dealing damage. It reduces PA charge time from 5-6s to 1s at three bars and allows Sonic Arrow to hit once for each filled bar, up to three times. Using a PA does not drain the bar - it ONLY has a passive rate at which is continuously falls (so just keep dealing damage).

Partisan Gear is filled by the twirling animations at the end of attacks, and increases PA range by a nice amount. Using a PA drains the bar. Time does not drain the bar.

Wirelance Gear is filled by dealing damage, and each bar gives an increasing bonus to PA damage. Using a PA drains the bar. Time does not drain the bar.

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 04:22 PM
allows Sonic Arrow to hit once for each filled bar, up to three times. .

So THAT'S why everyone uses that skill. I thought people were using Sonic Arrow just to snipe.

The things you learn from sticking your head in random threads.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 04:23 PM

Sword Gear is filled by damage and drained by time spent not dealing damage. It reduces PA charge time from 5-6s to 1s at three bars and allows Sonic Arrow to hit once for each filled bar, up to three times. Using a PA does not drain the bar - it ONLY has a passive rate at which is continuously falls (so just keep dealing damage).

Partisan Gear is filled by the twirling animations at the end of attacks, and increases PA range by a nice amount. Using a PA drains the bar. Time does not drain the bar.

Wirelance Gear is filled by dealing damage, and each bar gives an increasing bonus to PA damage. Using a PA drains the bar. Time does not drain the bar.

Thanks! :D

Kazzi
Jul 14, 2012, 04:31 PM

Just hold down shift to charge the partisan gear up, takes about 2 seconds at most.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 04:34 PM
There's also that (it's considerably longer than 2 seconds, unless you maybe mean just one bar for some reason), but the twirl is faster when you're already attacking.

There's also the fact that Rave Trick's drill animation fills a bar, no twirl necessary.

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 04:35 PM
Helpful tip:

The partisan PA where you kick your partisan into the air and drill back down into the ground (Trick Rave, I think) is the only PA that (I know of) that charges a full bar of partisan gear before the next JA opporunity arises. Most PAs have a JA chance, spin charge, then another JA chance, but that PA is just one.

It's my favorite PA since it can always output bonus damage without bonus effort.

EDIT:

Ninja'd by giga