PDA

View Full Version : Your Longest PSE burst?

Tired
Jul 14, 2012, 06:50 PM
PSE bursts happen easier when the full multiparty is players and not NPCs, randomly got lucky with a full 12 member multiparty with no NPCs. We ended up getting a PSE that went to a Cross Burst and then 3 more consecutive Cross Bursts before ending, took a screen shot of the loot for the lulz.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28840ev&s=6

http://tinypic.com/r/73fn86/6

Rizen
Jul 14, 2012, 06:52 PM
My longest burst lasted about 12 mins with about 7 people on the field. Unfortunately, no rares from it, but it was definitely an adrenaline rush!

I would really like to know the fine details of what exactly causes the cross bursts to trigger each time and continue on.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:53 PM
My longest one was a 2:30 initial Cross Burst with a One More and like 3 of the +10 seconds

Vylera
Jul 14, 2012, 06:53 PM
Reached a max of 3:30 on the clock through cross bursts. Lots of +10s and +20s popped up on the countdown, but I think our main phase of PSE burst lasted for 5 minutes based on the countdown clock (City mission).

Then, we had two more ONE MORE!s.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
I dunno, but it was with Hosaka the other day in the rare city emergency code. It lasted like 10 minutes? Maybe 5. It sure felt like a while...

Meruru
Jul 14, 2012, 06:55 PM
My longest one was around 5 minutes, and that's only because my pc crashed during it or it would have been longer ><

GrieverXVII
Jul 14, 2012, 06:55 PM
My longest in desert i swear we had like 10-12 humans together and got like 2 pse bursts with time extensions in a row then it turned into cross burt 4 times in a row plus time extensions. It was awesome.

Kirukia
Jul 14, 2012, 06:56 PM
If we're counting things like Cross Bursts, then today during the emergency quest we hit ~10 minutes. We had like 3 Cross Bursts and maybe 2-3 Once More's along with some added time.

We had 3 people for most of it, but one other person came later.

Hosaka
Jul 14, 2012, 06:57 PM
I dunno, but it was with Hosaka the other day in the rare city emergency code. It lasted like 10 minutes? Maybe 5. It sure felt like a while...

Was just coming in here to post this. Must've been 8-10 minutes. SO MUCH LOOT

Chik'Tikka
Jul 14, 2012, 06:57 PM
1 minute 30 seconds, never a cross burst, all the multi-parties disappeared+^_^+
all off in tundra, at 28 now and can't even find any grind parties in the English blocks anymore what we need are more people to join ship 2 so that there's more people to play with!!+^_^+

HunterFusion
Jul 14, 2012, 06:58 PM
2 Cross Burst
Burst round 3
Lasted about 14 mins in the city mode

supersonix9
Jul 14, 2012, 06:58 PM
Probably....7 minutes?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 06:59 PM
ONE MORE!

If I had to guess, I'd say around 7 minutes or so. I was running with a multiparty crew in the city once that used their PB Bursts appropriately and sent us into a Cross Burst, then we held onto that for a while.

texhnolyze
Jul 14, 2012, 06:59 PM
my longest was 10 minute (maybe longer, didn't count lol)
PSE Burst > Cross Burst > Cross Burst > Cross Burst > One More 2x :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/yZvje.jpg

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 07:29 PM
I could've sworn it was longer, but screenshots suggest my longest was around 10 minutes. We caught a PSE burst and nothing was left to kill, so I strolled down to a dead end since that tends to trigger spawns and then suddenly clusterfuck.

This was on tundra.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 07:32 PM
Anyone wanna explain to me what this is?

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 07:33 PM
PSE burst is a new mechanic. When you kill an enemy it has a chance to contribute to PSE (I think that's how it tallies it up, anyway) and when any PSE level reaches 8 it "bursts." A PSE burst allows more enemies to spawn and raises the drop rate.

More kills = more PSE levels = more PSE bursts, so that means you want more players.

It's pretty fun.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 07:36 PM
PSE burst is a new mechanic. When you kill an enemy it has a chance to contribute to PSE (I think that's how it tallies it up, anyway) and when any PSE level reaches 8 it "bursts." A PSE burst allows more enemies to spawn and raises the drop rate.

More kills = more PSE levels = more PSE bursts, so that means you want more players.

It's pretty fun.

And where is this "PSE" at? o-o

Never actually heard of this before until recently when a few topics came up about it.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
Everywhere. Ever seen a beam of light come out of a dying enemy? That's PSE going up. You see an icon by your minimap, to the top left of it. You also see it in the chat window, some scribbles then PSE then some number. That's what the level has been raised to.

Metalsnake27
Jul 14, 2012, 07:42 PM
Everywhere. Ever seen a beam of light come out of a dying enemy? That's PSE going up. You see an icon by your minimap, to the top left of it. You also see it in the chat window, some scribbles then PSE then some number. That's what the level has been raised to.

Ok thanks, I'll check this out

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 14, 2012, 09:59 PM
The system will display a message with pse and level listed. Your goal, is to have enough enemies die at once to create the burst and from there to continue killing the enemies as fast as your fielded group can. The longer it lasts, supposedly the better the overall drops can be.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 14, 2012, 10:06 PM
Ok thanks, I'll check this out

this is why if anything before parties go into multi areas there should be at least a small pop up box that says please remember to try and stay with other parties to achieve a pse burst and then

people will be like "what's a megama- pse burst"

and then they'll try to understand what it is, and realize how awesome it is and actually not split up.

grind desert all day every party has nabs running off to random corners of the map, nobody is together rage rage rage rage

it's gotten so annoying i just spam the boss kill/boss quest item drops on my lv 40 and turn them in on the classes i need them on

Kirukia
Jul 15, 2012, 02:41 AM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/neridah9/pso20120715_000602_009.jpg

Really, we got a PSE Burst and right afterwards two Cross Bursts. When I say right afterwards, I mean in very rapid succession after the PSE Burst. Too bad we didn't get to see where that went .___.

EDIT: Eh, spoiler tags aren't working for the image.