PDA

View Full Version : What enemies inflict what kind of damage?

Fafnir
Jul 14, 2012, 09:10 PM
I figure that, in choosing what armour to equip, it would be good to figure out what kind of enemies do what kind of damage, and how they do it. No use in staking T-defense when you go into an area where there's nothing but S-damage, right?

Most striking attacks are fairly easy to figure out what they are, but ranged and tech attacks tend to be difficult.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2012, 09:10 PM
I go striking defense everywhere but desert, and even then I don't care as much about the missiles as I used to since I stopped using wirelance PA's that lock me in for X period of time.

TheSnowmanEffect
Jul 14, 2012, 09:27 PM
Does it shoot bullets? That's obviously a R-Attack.
Though, I can see the confusion in most T-Attacks.

The way I see it, T-Attacks are simply elemental R-Attacks, like Vol Dragon's fireballs and breath. Though I cannot confirm this yet, as I've been too lazy with studying for school and work to test it, but I'm certain I'm right if that means anything.

Basically though, S-Def should be average at least, since that is the majority of attacks. Take T-Def for the caves and R-Def for the desert. Still trying to figure out if the iceballs things throw in the tundra are R-Attacks or T-Attacks (they feeeze yo, but that might not mean anything).

But why are we talking about defense? It's more or less useless to stack. =/
Remember, every 5 points of defense reduces 1 damage in that area, so really if you want to survive build HP, and if you REALLY want to stack defense after go for it.

Sp-24
Jul 14, 2012, 09:35 PM
All armors give Defense stats, while only some of them also give HP.

Coatl
Jul 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
When things hit you up close it is always strike attack.
The rest is debate-able.

LionHeart-
Jul 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Maybe Elemental range attacks from monsters are R-atks/T-atks equally or at certain %?

So the Dragon's fireball will be like 80% T-atk and 20%-atk respectively. I dunno, just a guess.

TheSnowmanEffect
Jul 15, 2012, 02:09 PM
Maybe Elemental range attacks from monsters are R-atks/T-atks equally or at certain %?

So the Dragon's fireball will be like 80% T-atk and 20%-atk respectively. I dunno, just a guess.I don't even want to think about that possibility lolol.
That would make damage testing so much more difficult.. I think I'd give up and cry in a corner haha.
I think the gunslash has some attacks that are part S-atk and part R-atk, but I'm tired so I can't remember if that's just some attacks in the combo that are S-Atk and others R-Atk, or if certain attacks are actually both at once.. Meh.

In any case, if its the former that means that single attacks being multiple categories already exists, and the possibility of enemies being able to do this is almost certain... :-?

Omega-z
Jul 15, 2012, 04:15 PM
I think LionHeart is right. When I was fighting Regne in CBT the fist time it I did it the damge was 180's from the red circular blade's it shoot's. Now the second time I added 9% fire and about 40 point's S-Def and it dropped the same attack to 60-80 damage instead. lol 5/1 ratio lol that's PSU not PSO2, Def does play a bigger part in thing's in this game. You Need alot of Def when fighting Vader.

TheSnowmanEffect
Jul 15, 2012, 09:21 PM
I think LionHeart is right. When I was fighting Regne in CBT the fist time it I did it the damge was 180's from the red circular blade's it shoot's. Now the second time I added 9% fire and about 40 point's S-Def and it dropped the same attack to 60-80 damage instead. lol 5/1 ratio lol that's PSU not PSO2, Def does play a bigger part in thing's in this game. You Need alot of Def when fighting Vader.At first I was like "dafuq?" and started looking over my data, then realized you said "CBT". Anything in CB is irrelevant as things are always subject to change.

I know for a fact that Ragne's discs are not striking attacks, and 40 points isn't enough for such a drastic damage reduction, even 9% fire isn't enough. Crits from enemies are sometimes powerful, and I'm willing to wager you just noticed the damage range from normal attacks and the average damage from being crit. Or, you got shotgunned and saw a bunch of numbers and read them wrong.

Edit:
In any case, if you don't believe what I tested you are more than welcome to do it yourself and prove me wrong.