PDA

View Full Version : What to do at level 25?

heylookapanda
Jul 15, 2012, 12:23 AM
So, I am level 25. I just got off work and none of my friends are online and I want to get some leveling done. Any pointers on what I can do to level faster? I have a bad habit of getting distracted between missions when I am with friends and I have been leveling really slow. I am caught up with all of my client orders and am 100% done page 1 of my matter board, 75% page 2 and haven't started page 3. I and just tired of being the lowest level of my friends and holding them back D: Any pointers or recommendations would be appreciated.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 12:24 AM
Suffer another 5 levels grinding the SAME missions for EXP.

I think client orders kind of help but I mostly find them annoying.

Somnia
Jul 15, 2012, 12:27 AM
I recommend toughing it out and grinding desert 3 multiparty if you want to fast track to 30. Then you can do caves multiparty, and soon tundra, and your levels will fly by. Once you reach 33, you can do any quest in the game currently.

heylookapanda
Jul 15, 2012, 12:59 AM
I recommend toughing it out and grinding desert 3 multiparty if you want to fast track to 30. Then you can do caves multiparty, and soon tundra, and your levels will fly by. Once you reach 33, you can do any quest in the game currently.

Thank you, the mission names definitely help! Everyone keeps saying grind! and I'm like WHAT MISSIONS D: lol I grinded rappies to 25 and picked up quests that I could complete while doing it. I guess I'll just do the same thing with caves and then desert, then tundra! Must hit 40! :-o

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 15, 2012, 04:30 AM
Thank you, the mission names definitely help! Everyone keeps saying grind! and I'm like WHAT MISSIONS D: lol I grinded rappies to 25 and picked up quests that I could complete while doing it. I guess I'll just do the same thing with caves and then desert, then tundra! Must hit 40! :-o

20-30 is definitely the most boring part in the entire game. they really messed up.

should have released hard mode forest at lvl 20, hard caves at 25, and hard desert at 30 or something but nope

my personal tip? try to listen to podcasts while you literally waste your time (it's so boring it's not really fun anymore. in fact sometimes it's frustrating because a lot of players from 20-30 still don't understand that you need to stick together for PSE bursts and they all scatter and only gather for bosses.) if you have another monitor, watch streams of shows or something.

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 04:31 AM
NB4 they wait till a major update to fix that grindy area of levels.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 15, 2012, 04:33 AM
Keep grinding those multiparty desert and city missions. It's what I did. My levels flew by relatively quickly, honestly. 30-40 were a breeze too. I got most of my exp while hunting for a rare (that I still haven't found) though, lol.

Vylera
Jul 15, 2012, 04:35 AM
At 25, I spammed map 2 of the Katadran mission with all of Franka's mission orders, as well as the final desert mission.

If you do them daily, you will get LOADS of EXP.

I raise both hunter and ranger at the same time, so what I did was rotate: do the quests on hunter, turn them in on ranger, and then vice versa the next day.

Just hit 31 on both today thanks to the city mission just now, as well as free caves and the Darkar orders.

20-30 sucks, but it's pretty easy if you aren't trying to raise 2 characters at the same time.

GrieverXVII
Jul 15, 2012, 05:00 AM
sorta in the same boat as the OP, but me and my bro are almost level 28 now. working our way to 30. But for the most part we haven't done a whole lot of grinding, except for the odd pse/cross bursts. we've just been doing client orders (one's that give decent exp) like the weapon quests and class specific quests. doing the hard mode quests once you hit 25 is a great booster too. most of these client orders kinda require some grinding anyways, might as well grind and complete some quests for bonus exp right? to answer your concerns, i'd just still focus on doing whatever client orders you can, and take advantage of pse/cross bursts when they develop :)

Neith
Jul 15, 2012, 05:33 AM
Either desert or Hard Caterdran. Caves is great because of all the emergency codes that give you bonus EXP.

Thankfully 25-30 isn't as boring as 20-24 though :lol:

Ce'Nedra
Jul 15, 2012, 06:49 AM
Don't forget you need to get 90 bio data from Forest, Caves and Desert to get past level 30. If I were you I would start working on that, by the time you finish it you will automaticlly be level 28-29.

BogusKun
Jul 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
Getting to max level is faster because when the caps are removed everyone is racing together.

DoubleCannon
Jul 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
IF a city opens up get into that!! A cross burst in hard city will get you insane exp! Other than that do the client order drills mission and S rank that in under 22 min to unlock tundra then do the level cap quest and hopefully you finish that before you hit 30 lol. I am gonna grind desert / caves. Once I hit 30 I will grind free caves to try for ragne, catadragon and Vol :) I reaaaly want that 8* partisan from ragne!

CelestialBlade
Jul 15, 2012, 11:09 AM
Saved all my matter board and client order stuff for 20-30 inadvertently and it's helping tremendously. I can grind as long as I'm working on some kind of goal other than "get to this level".

Agitated_AT
Jul 15, 2012, 11:12 AM
If you wanna play the shallow and non fun way, join the grinfests in the desert and cave mission.

If you want some interesting gameplay that doesnt make you wanna stop playing. Do the client orders and go through a level the regular way. Some client orders have madsive exp rewards so thT can be very encouraging.

I understand you would may wanna reach lvl 30 quick, but no need to rush. Take the time and at least do whats fun. Wether its client orders or helping out other people. Dont join these boring, non engaging and shallOw grind manifests if they end up making yOu question the game's fun.

Anyway this is my pov so I hope it helps. It certainly helped me out before i decided to quit almost.

heylookapanda
Jul 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
Well, I am level 26 and am usually partied alone and hop into multiparties. If you're on block two and want to grind with me than feel free to send me a request :) Character name is Nemui and my account name is Derpasaur. I usually make my party on block 15 (since it is the most populated of the 20-29 blocks) and it's titled PSE Farm! Join!

Ueno54
Jul 15, 2012, 03:26 PM
Boy I'll be happy when I hit 25. 22-24 has been a long process and it'll be refreshing to get a boss in hard mode to fight.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 03:42 PM
Multi player areas are the best. I'm currently 28, and have the Tundra map unlocked and only need 30 more caves data to finish the 90 from each zone for the level cap... which I'm not even at yet. Slow and steady I guess.

Gardios
Jul 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
Don't forget you need to get 90 bio data from Forest, Caves and Desert to get past level 30. If I were you I would start working on that, by the time you finish it you will automaticlly be level 28-29.

Thiiiis. I was Lv29 when I finished the CO and finished a lot of Franca's COs, too.

futamieriko
Jul 15, 2012, 04:52 PM
Found first desert mission to be fastest due to code spawn rate. This was almost entirely solo, however. If you have friends willing to run with you, farming desert multiparty area and city runs are faster alternatives.

Dan Maku
Jul 15, 2012, 05:39 PM
If all else fails, you can always try out another class. :3

mctastee
Jul 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
Start grinding the mats to unlock the level 40 cap.

Quintus_The_Force
Jul 15, 2012, 08:35 PM
Havent played PSO2 yet. Is cap still 200? Does Ulimate Mode still exist? Challenge Mode? Thanks.

Dan Maku
Jul 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
Havent played PSO2 yet. Is cap still 200? Does Ulimate Mode still exist? Challenge Mode? Thanks.

The level cap is only at 40, Ultimate mode is not implemented (yet), no Challenge mode to speak of.

Quintus_The_Force
Jul 15, 2012, 08:48 PM
Seriously?! I should hit 40 really quick! Im kinda sad by this.... dang.

Agitated_AT
Jul 15, 2012, 09:19 PM

No, you're not seeing the great positive thing about this. Instead of having a cap of lvl 100, where getting to 40 is easy, there is a level 40 cap where getting to lvl 40 is hard.

Why is this a positive thing? It makes the difference between characters alot less huge within a time period for them to still be able to have good games without anyone being overpowered. Let's say i'm lvl 25 and someone who's played aloit more than me won't be level 60 or 70, no he'll be around 35/36. The difference is only 10, which makes us still a great match for teaming up, and not have an overpowered character ruining the challenging experience.

These are great changes. I imagine when the cap raises to 50, it will only become harder to reach that. People need to stop wanting to gain their levels so quick. Grinding shouldn't be the only main point of the game. I mean yeah you wanna level up, but do fun things through gaining the levels. Client orders, as i've said in the other thread, really bring more incentive into going back to these missions and the rewards are nice.

heylookapanda
Jul 16, 2012, 01:47 AM

The game has only been released for around two weeks. Adding too much too soon could ruin the games future. Level 40 is not that easy to get to if you don't play 24/7. I work, take care of a home and animals everyday and I am only level 26. I enjoy conversing with people in the lobby, so I don't just speed level to ruin the game and bring myself boredom.

On another note, please stay on subject to the topic :) There is a quick question thread with constant answers to questions here:

Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866)

Start grinding the mats to unlock the level 40 cap.

I already have the 90 items from the first planet lol Working on caves and desert atm :)

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 16, 2012, 01:51 AM
@heylookapanda

yeah if you're not dedicating a significant amount of time to this game you won't hit 40 fast.

ironically though, you'll find leveling from 30-40 faster than 20-30 just because of how there aren't many parties for 20-30 (it's a pretty dry level area), and not many players know how to burst so you'll be stuck grinding at the slowest rate possible.

i shot up from 30-34 within roughly ~5 hours while 25-30 which technically due to exp curve should take less time, took maybe ~12 hours or so.

everybody needs to watch an instructional 5 minute video as a requirement to gain a "multi party area pass" or something so they can fully understand how bursts work so they don't scatter.

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 01:53 AM
everybody needs to watch an instructional 5 minute video as a requirement to gain a "multi party area pass" or something so they can fully understand how bursts work so they don't scatter.

Agreed. Lots people at 30-40 still do it.

RemChu
Jul 16, 2012, 03:02 AM
Saved all my matter board and client order stuff for 20-30 inadvertently and it's helping tremendously. I can grind as long as I'm working on some kind of goal other than "get to this level".

same here lol, having a "goal" to work to besides pure grinding is a great illusion.

jmanx
Jul 16, 2012, 04:22 AM
Nag rappy area 1 hard mode really good for this need a large multiparty though

heylookapanda
Jul 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
Nag rappy area 1 hard mode really good for this need a large multiparty though

I did that until I hit 26, got my stack of 90 and I am now on Caves... feels like no one is in caves. Kills me. Getting these items are sooo slow.