PDA

View Full Version : IP BANS

Meevs
Jul 15, 2012, 12:28 AM
I've heard a lot of people mentioning that their friends are not playing because they don't wanna deal with the Japanese language barrier, but for me, my friends live in Japan, even though I'll be there in a year or so, I definitely wanna join them ASAP.

So, what I'm now worried about is all NA IPs being removed from the JP server... that would be like them forcing us to play PSU again, but in a different form...:(

... and gosh, I hope, and this is my optimism, that SOA still adds an English option in that drop down menu, that would make all this okay.

Ryock
Jul 15, 2012, 12:31 AM
There are no hints nor has anyone mentioned IP bans at SEGA. People are just paranoid due to particular circumstances that have been happening lately. Don't let it discourage you, come play with the rest of us.

ashley50
Jul 15, 2012, 12:32 AM
There's going to be an NA/EU release, so no need to have a language option. (different servers n stuff though).

Vintasticvin
Jul 15, 2012, 12:39 AM
There's going to be an NA/EU release, so no need to have a language option. (different servers n stuff though).

Then why have an option for the language in the launcher configuration menu +_+ Then again I dunno.

Blackheart521
Jul 15, 2012, 12:50 AM
Then why have an option for the language in the launcher configuration menu +_+ Then again I dunno.

I believe they said they are testing out Korean markets soon or something like that, so there is one other language that we should expect to be coming, which means it could be just those two...sadly :/ there are more languages in the east than I can think of so there could be a wide variety of eastern language support with little to no western language support in the JP version. ^^;

Vintasticvin
Jul 15, 2012, 12:59 AM
I believe they said they are testing out Korean markets soon or something like that, so there is one other language that we should expect to be coming, which means it could be just those two...sadly :/ there are more languages in the east than I can think of so there could be a wide variety of eastern language support with little to no western language support in the JP version. ^^;

You know Blackie what you just said actually does make sense I mean if theres like oodles upon oodles of languages in the East perhaps thats what the language setting option will be used for :O If I was a native on the east hemisphere I'd be like "YO thats like totally freaking brilliant!!!" As for us westerners getting no language support Im sure that is why they have released the beast here too :D

Meevs
Jul 15, 2012, 01:18 AM
I wonder if they'll get to thinking about their overseas service if there are more english speakers on the japanese servers than american.

Statements like these, make me fear the IPBan. This is a possibility, to be honest, it's what I'm hoping for, the only thing is, there will be people who don't even know about the game or casuals that will probably try it out for a bit and increase the sites numbers.

SOA: "Look at all those Gaijin in their NA only ships, enjoying our updates, exclusive weapons, havin a blast during OUR events, using our costumes that their censorship wouldn't dare approve!, heh... let's boot em!!!"

heh lololol

Arika
Jul 15, 2012, 01:35 AM

because they make plan to make it global at first until the final decided.
anyway if there is localized version... you know? it is easy to make English-patch by file swap.

So it is win-win situation, you play in JP server with English language client data. (except the new unreleased item would still be JP name)

Skye-Fox713
Jul 15, 2012, 01:50 AM
because they make plan to make it global at first until the final decided.
anyway if there is localized version... you know? it is easy to make English-patch by file swap.

So it is win-win situation, you play in JP server with English language client data. (except the new unreleased item would still be JP name)

That's pretty much my plan for when the english client rolls out early next year.

Meevs
Jul 15, 2012, 02:09 AM
except the new unreleased item would still be JP name

That's how it was on PSOBB, so that's fine with me :D

Dammy
Jul 15, 2012, 02:53 AM
So, what I'm now worried about is all NA IPs being removed from the JP server...

that would be awesome

Kirukia
Jul 15, 2012, 02:55 AM
Don't give them ideas...

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 15, 2012, 03:00 AM
SOA: "Look at all those Gaijin in their NA only ships, enjoying our updates, exclusive weapons, havin a blast during OUR events, using our costumes that their censorship wouldn't dare approve!, heh... let's boot em!!!"

heh lololol

Er... please explain to me why Sega of America would be calling us, "gaijin" again? Lol.

Meevs
Jul 15, 2012, 03:02 AM
Er... please explain to me why Sega of America would be calling us, "gaijin" again? Lol.

LoL, oops! ^^;

Macman
Jul 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
AFAIK all item names/descriptions are kept server-side, so even with the english data files, all your items will be in Japanese.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 02:51 PM
AFAIK all item names/descriptions are kept server-side, so even with the english data files, all your items will be in Japanese.
Not to mention being banned for modifying your game files.

Unaki
Jul 15, 2012, 03:30 PM
First let me point out that they won't be IP banning anyone. SEGA knows that english players are on their servers and if they really didn't want us here, they wouldn't have removed the Non-japanese clause and they would have taken us out already. Just because you only hear of english players hacking and all that stupid crap does not mean there aren't Japanese players doing it as well. You don't hear of them because you can't read their language and most everybody here does not pay attention to the Japanese communities.

While its against ToS to modify the game files with things like the english patch, one thing most of you don't understand is they can't ban you for it because its undetectable. If you posted a screenshot of the HUD in english with your name visible, yes you can be banned but no one here seems to know how Gameguard works. Gameguard looks for files that should not exist, it does not physically read them. The primary purpose of Gameguard is to seek out third-party programs that could be used to modify the game state such as trainers, bots, etc.

I have been watching this community for a while and it seems that there is a ton of misinformation and fearmongering going around and it is something that needs to stop right now.

mhjc
Jul 15, 2012, 03:35 PM

They had a Korean client already shown. I doubt they'd put the Korean language into the game, because of the separate client, they likely will have an IP ban in place for Korean IPs.

You can't type 한굴어 in the game anyway. So, I doubt the client will ever use that Language option.

ShinMaruku
Jul 15, 2012, 03:47 PM

Don't crush their hopes.

Sidney
Jul 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
There might be a Korean option? Oh, sweet! That's pretty damn good for those of us who speak Korean. :)

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
There might be a Korean option? Oh, sweet! That's pretty damn good for those of us who speak Korean. :)
You can type Korean in-game and it'll show? Huh. I can't type a simple "\". It changes to some ugly "Y" with lines through it. Looks like a fish bone...

Soul Guardian
Jul 15, 2012, 03:56 PM
You can type Korean in-game and it'll show? Huh. I can't type a simple "\". It changes to some ugly "Y" with lines through it. Looks like a fish bone...

That's a Yen symbol.

Gardios
Jul 15, 2012, 04:35 PM
I'm sorry, but your description of the Yen symbol really made me chuckle. :lol:

Sidney
Jul 15, 2012, 07:07 PM

Actually, I can't type in Korean at all - like you, I tried, to, and it wouldn't let me type a thing. That's what I was getting excited about! It'd be great if they added Korean to the drop down menu for the language options, because then, I'd actually know what I'm doing. :lol: (I'd understand the menus, and that would be glorious.) But it looks like there would be a separate Korean server, so, it's looking slim that the option would happen. :(

Guess those of us who speak Korean but not Japanese could port the Korean translations into our games if their servers come out first?

Thermalwolf
Jul 15, 2012, 07:11 PM
Too OP, I wouldn't worry about an IP Ban right now. Sakai knows we are playing and is actually surprised by us, especially that we translated a lot of the game so fast :)

If they were going to be IP Banning, it would have been done by now. Play my friend, PLAY LIKE THE WIND!!!!