PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Do you think SEGA will allow transfer from JP to EU or US servers.

Magusware
Jul 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
Topic title, what do you think? :-?
From my understanding, right now, the possibility is 50/50.

scrangos
Jul 15, 2012, 08:29 AM
Between even footing start and the logistics needed to do it... I dont think they will bother or want to either for so few people.

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2012, 08:29 AM
No way. Wouldn't really be possible if they weren't connected, which they won't be.

Jungo Torii
Jul 15, 2012, 08:45 AM
I certainly hope so, but at the end of the day it's not gonna happen.

Magusware
Jul 15, 2012, 08:49 AM
Between even footing start and the logistics needed to do it... I dont think they will bother or want to either for so few people.

I wasn't necessarily thinking it would be at the launch of EU and US PSO2. Perhaps a little later on. Though, "even footingE as you phrase it wouldn't really affect PSO2 very much anyway, considering there is no PVP, if anything it would adversely affect the transferee as they wouldn't have many people of their level to group up with.

No way. Wouldn't really be possible if they weren't connected, which they won't be.

Not true, I played an MMO many years ago that offered character transfer to servers of another region. I think they were russian servers for russian players. They allowed transfer for that. I cant remember what MMO that was though.
Not to mention, the ******** PSO BB server was given the character database from PSO after it went down if I recall correctly, either that or I was informed wrong.

"4.IV on ******** ToS: Do NOT ASK FOR ACCOUNT RESTORATION. (this does not include importing SEGA characters. if you want to import a character, please donate ten dollars and ask via PM. You can also send a PM to get your account password changed if you forget it"

So them not being "connected" wont affect the possibility of it. Afterall, it is just database data.

drizzle
Jul 15, 2012, 08:51 AM
With the 1 year content gap? No way.

sircusa
Extremely unlikely, especially if the NA version is behind in updates like one would expect.

BIG OLAF
With the 1 year content gap? No way.

Extremely unlikely, especially if the NA version is behind in updates like one would expect.

Oh yeah. This too.

Maronji
Jul 15, 2012, 08:59 AM
No way Sega will allow character transfers. Content-level aside, it would give those who already played an unfair advantage over those who haven't even started yet.

Besides, transferring character data between SoJ and SoA/whoever would probably be more of a hassle than it'd be worth, anyway.

Zipzo
Jul 15, 2012, 09:08 AM
From my understanding, right now, the possibility is 50/50.More liiiiiiike...

0/0.

Dammy
Jul 15, 2012, 09:44 AM
this is first topic where i see US AND EU
got sick of those NA NA NA US US US 4 july NA NA NA

Fox2Tails
Jul 15, 2012, 09:51 AM
Are you kidding, they'll want you to spend out for AC all over again

moorebounce
Jul 15, 2012, 09:52 AM
Even though I enjoy playing the game I could enjoy it more if I could read everything w/o guides. Would I love that we could transfer our characters? Part of me says yes and part says I don't care. I mean yeah it will suck to start over but hey if I can read everything I'll get over it quick. Plus I'll start using the AC features in the NA/EU version. Like I posted in another thread when I have issues with my account I don't want to translate all my correspondence in and out of Japanese.

this is first topic where i see US AND EU
got sick of those NA NA NA US US US 4 july NA NA NA

I guess they don't know that people from Canada and Mexico play the game too.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
This will not happen.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 15, 2012, 11:14 AM

Will not happen, the US version will most likely be a little behind the JP client, and moving characters from one physical server to another is a bit bothersome.

Your 50/50 is being way to optimistic..... it is more like 1/99

I guess they don't know that people from Canada and Mexico play the game too.

People really need to stop being so anal about this..... most that are saying NA, is because that is where they live. why does it matter anyway?

Fox2Tails
Jul 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
People really need to stop being so anal about this.....
We'll stop complaining about when when those damn yanks stop thinking US = the whole world

Gardios
Jul 15, 2012, 11:43 AM
Different versions aren't really an issue in this case since you wouldn't be able to transfer things like items and only a limited amount of money so the economy wouldn't go apeshit insane. Transfer is still highly unlikely since jPSO2 wasn't intended for international play in the first place.

moorebounce
Jul 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
Different versions aren't really an issue in this case since you wouldn't be able to transfer things like items and only a limited amount of money so the economy wouldn't go apeshit insane. Transfer is still highly unlikely since jPSO2 wasn't intended for international play in the first place.

Sega mentioned global server support at first (So everybody was assuming everybody would be on the same servers worldwide) but I guess with recent events Sega changed their minds. lol economy you know after you unlock hard mode meseta is really easy to get right? Plus why would you transfer your character w/o some of or all of your items?

ashley50
Jul 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
Even if there is, why would I even do that?

Why even bother transfer to a version that you know will be doomed?

Metalsnake27
Jul 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
Easy answer: NO

Even though it would be nice, I'm 99% Sega will not allow us to transfer characters.

Leman
Jul 15, 2012, 01:06 PM
It's imuposhiburu because EU/USA version will be delayed in contents(items, maps and especially lvl cap) so how they could transfer your lvl 40 character to server where lvl cap is 30.

LionHeart-
Jul 15, 2012, 01:12 PM
What if Sega could do it but you have to wait 3 months after the release date, so people can catch up etc?

Akumetsu
Jul 15, 2012, 01:22 PM
Dont see how this could even be possible due to updates, patches and what not that you would already have before the NA/EU catch up... wouldnt even waste any time wondering on that one

mctastee
Jul 15, 2012, 09:21 PM
The possibility isn't even that. It is 0%, the data centers will be completely separate from each other. Why would you think that they would transfer characters between data centers?

AzureBlaze
Jul 15, 2012, 11:08 PM
Everybody else wasn't even supposed to be there in the first place.
All those euros and us's that snuck on there aren't welcome. Everybody not from JP is technically breaking all the rules and invading the game anyway, "stamping them out" rather than helping them out would be the order of the day. There's no way they'd consider lifting a finger to help people who were never supposed to be there.

However:
This is a PC game, not a console game. If an eng. patch appears (Which, by all so far indications it ought to at some point, whoever is behind it sure seems competent -- and they were even acknowledged by Sakai himself as being "amazing"! ) there should also conceivably be a character patch use-able to bring over once the caps even out so the normal data doesn't get a red flag for being over lvld.

Remember how there was a 'bring over' patch of some sort for the PSP versions. Not saying the two are any similar at all, but that the idea does exist in the minds of the fans.

Griffin
Jul 15, 2012, 11:12 PM
lol what. It's a given that it isn't going to happen.

goldwing
Jul 15, 2012, 11:15 PM
Dreamers gunna dream

Geistritter
Jul 15, 2012, 11:39 PM
Doubt it. The US version is unlikely to be at the same point as the Japanese version at time of release. This isn't something you should come close to hoping for.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 11:45 PM
Why would you even want to transfer when you know the domestic release is going to suffer the same fate of PSU?

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 16, 2012, 01:13 AM
Everybody else wasn't even supposed to be there in the first place.
All those euros and us's that snuck on there aren't welcome. Everybody not from JP is technically breaking all the rules and invading the game anyway, "stamping them out" rather than helping them out would be the order of the day. There's no way they'd consider lifting a finger to help people who were never supposed to be there.

However:
This is a PC game, not a console game. If an eng. patch appears (Which, by all so far indications it ought to at some point, whoever is behind it sure seems competent -- and they were even acknowledged by Sakai himself as being "amazing"! ) there should also conceivably be a character patch use-able to bring over once the caps even out so the normal data doesn't get a red flag for being over lvld.

Remember how there was a 'bring over' patch of some sort for the PSP versions. Not saying the two are any similar at all, but that the idea does exist in the minds of the fans.

for starters no one is breaking any rules, the "Japanese only" section of the user agreement was removed when the game hit release, and not all Japanese hate the foreigners playing. Second..... characters are saved server side.... no patch in the world could allow character moving.

Renvalt
Jul 16, 2012, 01:34 AM
Why would you even want to transfer when you know the domestic release is going to suffer the same fate of PSU?

I really dislike your pessimism, y'know that? It's like saying "America is the shittiest nation on earth", when we're the biggest name on the list for people outside our nation for places to visit (of course, I might be assed to say "my nation" because I don't believe you're American at all).

I really hate how you call Japan the master race and yet have no intention of living there. Just like a leech - you foreigners are all the same (I'm no less guilty than you are - but at the very least I have something you don't: hope).....

Garnet_Moon
Jul 16, 2012, 01:36 AM
I really dislike your pessimism, y'know that? It's like saying "America is the shittiest nation on earth", when we're the biggest name on the list for people outside our nation for places to visit (of course, I might be assed to say "my nation" because I don't believe you're American at all).

I really hate how you call Japan the master race and yet have no intention of living there. Just like a leech - you foreigners are all the same (I'm no less guilty than you are - but at the very least I have something you don't: hope).....
Basing my opinion on how SoA handled PSU. I don't know how you got Japanese master race out of that.

Sinue_v2
Jul 16, 2012, 01:37 AM
Oh, come on guys! Didn't you learn anything from PSU? No matter the odds, if we all believe in our friends and the power of our convictions which lay in the heart - then we can preform endless miracles! Anything is possible!

Bwahahahahahah.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 16, 2012, 01:41 AM
Oh, come on guys! Didn't you learn anything from PSU? If we all believe in our friends and the power of our convictions which lay in the heart - then we can preform endless miracles! Anything is possible!

Bwahahahahahah.

Oh man, look at all these exploits and hacks! Japan just got the patch like last month to fix these, but the issues are more dominant and exploited more on our servers! SoA will surely expedite that patch instead of the usual 6 month delay in patches!

*3 months later*

BOOYAW! Told you haters we'd get those patched ASAP! In your FACES! Now, on to some normalcy. :D

Dxluv
Jul 16, 2012, 01:45 AM

No, it isn't really like saying that at all. That's an incredibly terrible logical following. What in the hell?

Sega has dropped the ball several times when it comes to US/EU Phantasy Star content.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 16, 2012, 03:20 AM
Will not happen, the US version will most likely be a little behind the JP client, and moving characters from one physical server to another is a bit bothersome.

Your 50/50 is being way to optimistic..... it is more like 1/99

People really need to stop being so anal about this..... most that are saying NA, is because that is where they live. why does it matter anyway?

I think the funnier part is that NA is North America.Mexico and Canada are part of NA XD

Wolfgrey666
Jul 16, 2012, 03:22 AM

Ignorance only begins to explain your post...

Squall179
Jul 16, 2012, 06:04 AM
......to everything at the start of this page.......what the flying FUCKNUGGETS IS THIS SHIT? Were people bitten by Seed infested rappies or something or attacked by Dark Falz in their fucking sleep?

HILAROUS 4th page so far but still HOLY SHITBALLS.

It is just out of the blue, round the corner and public rappy orgy or something level of Derailment that opened this page. AS FAR AS THE TRANSFERRING STUFF!?!?!?!?!? (to get back on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No, no way in hell. I'd love it...sure......IF they were offering it. No signs saying they are going to, and the logistics would be a PAIN IN THE ASS to manage it all, for all of us on there to get carried over.

I don't think a lot of people here really Get....what is involved in such a procedure, there is no simple switch, or anything easy, there is a Process that is required to do such a thing, and if they aren't currently offering it between ships in the same bloody region, it is HIGHLY DOUBTFUL we will ever see it for getting our stuff across the pacific, or across Eurasia, depending on where you live. As far as what to call this new PSO2 We're all getting?

Well...its not Japanese PSO2, it won't be in Japanese by default, and its being released internationally? How bout we all call it the NOTJAPANESE PSO2 instead of just the US or NA or EU, does THAT Make anyone feel less.....ANAL About it being called one specific region or another?

Hell I live in the US, the nationalcentric viewpoint toward the rest of the world drives me up a wall though, we're just part of a World out there around us, just one country in it. Frankly I'd rather be in Ireland, but whatever. AT THE SAME TIME however, yeah, a lot of people from the US can be obnoxious as hell with the egocentric view of the US being THe WOrld or Above the World, but at the same time there are people who do that in OTHER COuntries too, toward those outside of their established norms.....such as say....england, or Japan.

You're gonna run into people who like ya, people who hate ya, and people who are indifferent to ya no matter Where you go, so suck it up, not everyone in the japanese playerbase hates us, but not all of them like us either. The culture is a bit more isolationist than ours tend to be, so really in the end, keeping themselves to their own servers is just something to expect from them, not to sound racist, but just pointing out from data provided via actions that have occured in the past. Not all would welcome nor revile us for entering, but in the end, Sega is at least giving us servers for the Rest of us to use, so the japanese can go and have their servers to play with eachother on where we won't be so......well frankly.....Us, about ourselves.....all fo this DESPITE the chaos caused already by any hackers based in the US, crude antics from the Lobby Image spam crowd, and so forth that might be highly offensive to a portion of the local playerbase of the Current servers.

Just be glad that Sega is at least letting us play on the japanese servers at All. THey could have blocked us off afterall.

So much..........talking about all of this kind of stuff in the past week, its all coming out, gonna go shut up now and get some sleep, sorry....

IzzyData
Jul 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
Not a chance in hell this will even be considered.

Razelis
Jul 16, 2012, 08:01 AM
Hope so, but not going to happen.... If it ever happens ill move right away... The only reason i will stay at JP ver is because I'll have to start over on EN ver.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 16, 2012, 08:14 AM
Why would I want to be moved to a server that is a year and a half out of date?

Me and everyone I know has decided to stick with the Japanese Servers.

Zeota
Jul 16, 2012, 08:21 AM
Would be nice, but as others have said, unrealistic. You want to play with your friends again? Welcome back to level 1.

jOhMG
Jul 16, 2012, 09:52 AM
No way. The servers would be hosted on a completely separate continent. If they do this I'll be amazed. The last thing they want is to have a brand new game come out with people that will already be passed current content. It would ruin the experience to the new players as well. I think it would be a bad move honestly. It'll kill the servers that much faster.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 16, 2012, 12:58 PM
Why would I want to be moved to a server that is a year and a half out of date?

Me and everyone I know has decided to stick with the Japanese Servers.

what if the game was updated though? would you switch?

Vylera
Jul 16, 2012, 01:03 PM
No.

They aren't supported by the same company (USA vs JP SEGA).

And this isn't the sort of deal where a company is handing off the game to another one. It's a brand new version with a brand new start. Any characters level 31+ can't even exist until the USA/EU servers catch up in content.

They aren't obligated to take the responsibility of moving our account data.

Zari
Jul 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
Not going to happen.

Also I still hate how people are assuming this game will end up like PSU. Just wait and see how it turns out before judging the english release, jeez. I mean, it isn't even released yet. For all we know it could do way better than PSU did.

Firehouse1983
Jul 16, 2012, 05:22 PM
Not going to happen.

Also I still hate how people are assuming this game will end up like PSU. Just wait and see how it turns out before judging the english release, jeez. I mean, it isn't even released yet. For all we know it could do way better than PSU did.

It just goes to show how many people live in the past, instead of focusing on the future. Yes, I am a skeptic...but I think I can give SOA a chance.

Rowe
Jul 16, 2012, 07:43 PM
Since we don't have to pay to keep our characters active like in PSU, I'm probably going to give the NA/EU version a shot, and if it doesn't live up to expectations, I'll just go back to my JP character. I'll be, what, 2 months behind? I think I'll be able to survive that.