PDA

View Full Version : S Rank Free-Forest Exploration in 15 minutes

Graven
Jul 15, 2012, 02:14 PM
Trying to unlock caves, but, I'm having a hard time doing that, i tried to go speed run thought it, finished in less than 15 min, but got rank b, tried to kill many enemies, ALMOST got rank S, but, ended in 18 min mark.

Is there any tip, anyone can provide that can help me to get rank S and still finish it fast? Should i be focusing only the monsters that the quest shows me before i start?

Thx in advance

ScottyMango
Jul 15, 2012, 02:16 PM
If you can't get enough kills in time by yourself, find a party to help you. That's kinda what PSO is all about.

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 02:18 PM
You may need better equipment.

If necessary, grind a fire-element weapon to +10 (a common one, preferably - rares are MUCH harder to grind) to speed up your runs. You should be able to kill all normal enemies within a few hits.

JigokuRyouken
Jul 15, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'd recommend joining another group doing the same mission and asking for help. If they are doing the same thing or not, most people are nice enough to oblige you.

If you can't find any games, try asking for help in one of the many English populated blocks such as 20, 21, 22, 23 or 30. (Speaking primarily for Ship 2).

If you're on any other ship just be sociable. I'm sure you'll find help if you look for it.

Jakosifer
Jul 15, 2012, 02:31 PM
Rockbear should only take you about 3 minutes to beat at the most. Develop a proper strategy to deal with him, preferably one that kills him in a minute or two. This will leave plenty of time to kill a bunch of random enemies. Failing that, bring NPC's along to spawn more enemies, and then remove them before you enter the boss portal. Since they'll draw aggro/get hit by random shit, they'll make the fight take longer than it needs to.

Graven
Jul 15, 2012, 02:44 PM
^

Btw, how do i get NPC to join in my quests? Saw people doing it already but, never did it myself.

And btw, i'm on ship 2, if anyone has spare time and feel kind enough to help me, it would be much appretiated.

Saffran
Jul 15, 2012, 03:06 PM
Get some NPC with you. You can do that in the terminal on the left side of the Camp Ship.
Just call up one, it will summon more ennemies.

I could do this at about lv11. Just to give you a vague idea.

Ueno54
Jul 15, 2012, 03:30 PM
NPCs slow the fight down for me. They always get smacked and keep him from falling on his ass.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
Npcs can help, depending on who you have access to and who is available at that time. For npcs, choose Zeno, Ohza and Maloo, if you can. These three can help out alot. Other than that, only kill the monsters you spawn and move as quickly as you can to the rockbear duel at the end. Hopefully you won't have to face the contaminated one for your timed mission.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 04:08 PM
Due to my narcissism and taciturn nature, I've solo'd all the quests in the game up to level 30.

Take your NPCs, and as they said, take a direct route and kill everything you spawn. Depending on your class, Rockbear should take between 1 and 5 maybe 8 minutes.

Lostbob117
Jul 15, 2012, 04:12 PM
Invite npc's

drizzle
Jul 15, 2012, 04:27 PM
Just start a party, and get some people to join. Everyone has to do this at least once. If that fails, get more levels.

ScottyMango
Jul 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
I don't understand why people aren't playing in parties in the first place.

Like yeah, I solo every once in awhile too, but PSO is very much a team-based game.

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 15, 2012, 06:43 PM
The first area is usually ignorable for S rank,

run as fast as you can to the second area ignoring them mobs in the first.

Kill a bunch and then run to the rockbear with as much time as you need to kill it.

Should work.

Metalsnake27
Jul 15, 2012, 07:08 PM
Get NPCs :D

I cleared it in about 10 minutes. Just go the straight path toward the boss ONLY and kill the mobs in your path.

Also, if your a hunter, the boss is really easy. Just stay under him, and when hes about to attack, dash through his legs. He can't touch you. When he falls on the floor, use all your PA's and do massive damage. Also have a fire weapon for even more damage with Burn.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 15, 2012, 07:19 PM
or ask me, I'll help you clear it in no time, but I'm on Ship 02 usually block 20.

Ana-Chan
Jul 15, 2012, 07:52 PM
I don't understand why people aren't playing in parties in the first place.

Like yeah, I solo every once in awhile too, but PSO is very much a team-based game.

Because different people? To understand why people prefer to solo would mean you would have to be the kind of person to solo yourself.
I prefer soloing, and I could come up with a huge list of reasons, and I doubt you would understand any of them. This isn't meant to say that you are not smart enough or anything like that, but it is to do with understanding other people.

Graven
Jul 15, 2012, 08:34 PM
Thx a lot everyone for the tips and stuff. Finally, i managed to do it solo.

Now, exploring caves.:-)

Sugarbombs
Jul 16, 2012, 12:01 AM
i had the same problem till i looked at the requirements when you accept the quest, i found that the two smaller squared mobs i killed maybe 5-8 of each and then went straight to the boss and got S-rank, its really different how they rank S compared to PSU< lol good luck