PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 What's your favorite thing to do in PSO2?

sugarFO
Jul 15, 2012, 02:15 PM
What keeps you coming back and playing?

For me, it has to be the combat. I can plan an hour to farming meseta, and end up spending 2-3 hours because it feels like time just flies by when I'm enjoying all the random bosses and PSE bursts.

I also enjoy chatting in the lobbies during breaks. It's nice to have a community waiting for you when you return from adventuring. ^^

So, what is your favorite thing to do in PSO2?

mangopirate
Jul 15, 2012, 02:28 PM
You should add "Grinding for equipment" as an option because honestly, that and the combat are my two favourite things to do in PSO2.

Elmera
Jul 15, 2012, 02:29 PM
wait for maintenance to be over

Jakosifer
Jul 15, 2012, 02:33 PM
Being sexy.

ashley50
Jul 15, 2012, 02:33 PM
Staying away from B-20.

Jungo Torii
Jul 15, 2012, 02:34 PM
Everyone knows the one true answer is dancing.

Polly
Jul 15, 2012, 02:36 PM
Hitting things.

Then hitting more things.

JigokuRyouken
Jul 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
There was always a "stiffness", but also refined edge to the original PSOs combat, PSO2 really kicks up the action by todays gaming standards while still managing to keep the spirit alive.

In other words, I'm quite enthralled by the changes to combat and have always loved the style and aesthetics of the series. The PSO community has always managed to stay loyal, friendly and genuinely very helpful through the many years the series has been around.

Even with the occasional elitist, I never found it nearly as distracting as any free roaming mmo.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 02:47 PM
Where is the dancing option?

You disappoint me, sugarFO.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 15, 2012, 03:54 PM
Staying away from B-20.

Rofl really....? This is why our community is so split some people are just not mature enough to ignore the trolls that infest our block. It's actually quite a fun block with many respected players that I enjoy playing with. It's the community that keeps me going. Just need to learn to read the "Do not feed the trolls" sign infront of the block 20 Quest counter.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 03:57 PM
Rofl really....? This is why our community is so split some people are just not mature enough to ignore the trolls that infest our block. It's actually quite a fun block with many respected players that I enjoy playing with. It's the community that keeps me going. Just need to learn to read the "Do not feed the trolls" sign infront of the block 20 Quest counter.
I think it's one of the rules of Fight Dance Club in PSO2. Nobody talks about PSOw and we certainly don't associate with others from here.

In fact, I think I'm the only one in-game listing my user name and that I'm from PSOW on my partner card... But then again, I haven't checked them all yet.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 15, 2012, 04:02 PM
My player id thing is actually my forum name too I just couldn't put any spaces & wanted a female character so the name wouldn't of added up to it much and decided on Sniper Wolf but yeah even my character is in my sig id be more than happy to play with anyome from these forums, any level too just contact me & we'll run something also willing to help with any client orders.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
My player id thing is actually my forum name too I just couldn't put any spaces & wanted a female character so the name wouldn't of added up to it much and decided on Sniper Wolf but yeah even my character is in my sig id be more than happy to play with anyome from these forums, any level too just contact me & we'll run something also willing to help with any client orders.
Wahaha~ My ID is some silly little O.C. I had made for a Strike Witches RP... I mean... not that I'm a nerd like that or anything. That's just silly... role playing... pffft~

I see you running around often, never dancing. Clearly you know your stuff! Why, if I wasn't playing Tribes Ascend right now I'd hit you up for some runs!

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 15, 2012, 04:06 PM
Dance in the middle of the lobby, which is strangely not in the poll

So I guess BEING PRETTY

Combat too I guess

Home Dog
Jul 15, 2012, 04:07 PM
I would probably like My Room the most if I had one. For now, I would say combat.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 15, 2012, 04:08 PM
Wahaha~ My ID is some silly little O.C. I had made for a Strike Witches RP... I mean... not that I'm a nerd like that or anything. That's just silly... role playing... pffft~

I see you running around often, never dancing. Clearly you know your stuff! Why, if I wasn't playing Tribes Ascend right now I'd hit you up for some runs!

We should sometime! I'd like to run anything, and that's not silly in a bad way but sill in a good way! it's ok to rp nothing wrong with that oh yeah isn't there a google spreadsheet going around that has a list of pso forum names/characters? I would post the link but I'm on my phone atm.

Daemyn
Jul 15, 2012, 04:16 PM
Killing Rappies in inhuman ways and watching them desperately peck at me while I take little Damage.

Also for those hideous evil fuzzy ones. /excuse to whack them with a dark element weapon because I can't have megid yet >:C

Rideing and dancing on kataragot things? and mammoths.

Trying to dance on dark ragne while it is down. trying to find a place to jump on and ride on other bosses and monsters while attempting to dance sit or sleep.

Running through lots of explosive traps.

Standing on a rock up high while the ant lion thing rages at me.

Doing the same with dark ragne until it decides to teleport on top of my head.

Punching rockbear and big yeti unarmed.

Watching people run away from the code rescue orb thing that chases you endlessly.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 15, 2012, 04:18 PM
they need a stage where you only fight bosses right away

i'd like ttf or something even though in actuality bosses don't really give good exp in this game, just because they're more fun to fight

goldwing
Jul 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
Im all about the hunt. I also have the goal of hitting lvl 40. I am now 38 go me. Other than that grinding weps and getting what i wsnt on them keeps me comeing back and lastly getting meseta for that blasted rappy suit... To recolor my outfit so its ready for pics. Iv no time to dance!!!!

Somnia
Jul 15, 2012, 04:23 PM
I like hunting rares, even though I come up empty almost every time. :D
But it's alright when I'm with a group of friends.

darkante
Jul 15, 2012, 04:24 PM
Hanging out with people doing missions in general.
Particulary, best with PSE burst. Nothing like power, money and madness combined.

Also, i like to change colours often (at least in PSU), but not so much when itīs so expensive for casts.

Galerianx
Jul 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
i keep coming back for everything and mainly too kill me some rappys!!!!

CharAznable
Jul 15, 2012, 05:30 PM
Staying away from B-20.

What he said

Coatl
Jul 15, 2012, 06:10 PM
My favourite thing to do is farm seven digits of meseta then rage-use them on affixes which end up failing, bringing me down to five digits again.

Then I hide in my Rappy suit and cry.

Kondibon
Jul 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
Already posted this in the screenshot thread but.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/goldenchiklet/PSO2/pso20120712_213219_013.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Coatl
Jul 15, 2012, 06:13 PM
Already posted this in the screenshot thread but.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/goldenchiklet/PSO2/pso20120712_213219_013.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Those rappys always look like they are so fuzzy in pictures.

Lostbob117
Jul 15, 2012, 06:15 PM
Why isn't one of the options killing shit?

Amaranthus
Jul 15, 2012, 11:31 PM
I like hunting rares, even though I come up empty almost every time. :D
But it's alright when I'm with a group of friends.

Definitely this one.

MissMalice
Jul 15, 2012, 11:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6MOKXm8x50"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6MOKXm8x50

If you know what I mean.

Caelavel
Jul 16, 2012, 12:01 AM
Combat, just because there is so much that could happen (rare drops, PSE Bursts, random bosses, etc.)

I also like being pretty. I'm pretty sure this is the only character I've created I could see myself getting lesbian with. I make some sexy characters, too.

jmanx
Jul 16, 2012, 12:02 AM
Boo the last option suxen

> combat

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 12:05 AM
Probably getting a full multiparty zone and mowing over mobs like we are the Dead Men of Dunharrow.

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 12:49 AM
Combat- I love the free-flowing combat in PSO2. It's like PSP2's, which I already thought was awesome, but even more fluid. Totally amazing.

Chatting in the Lobby- The latest Phantasy Star games (meaning, since PSO) had/have a big holding in the social aspect of gaming, encouraging party-play and allowing you to talk with other people even outside of a quest/mission. I think it's important to establish a rapport with your fellow players to truly get the most of the PSO2 experience. That, and it's just plain fun to hang out and talk about whatever sometimes.

Being pretty- As most people know, I'm a complete nutter for accessorizing and customizing characters in these kinds of games. I absolutely love playing "Virtual Space Barbie Dress-Up", and not ashamed for one second to admit it. It's a big part of the game for me, and I love it.

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
I just like progressing. Everything else listed is either a means to that end, or a waste of time, as far as I'm concerned.

Game's too easy for my wingman and I so far, though. We're kind of hoping it won't be the two man coast PSU was.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 12:54 AM
Hit stuff and then get items.

Also, follow people by double tapping V. Even if I'm at the computer I find myself doing that just because it's neat.

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 01:00 AM
Was nice of them to have jumping as part of the auto-follow, on that note.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 01:05 AM
The pathing on it is nice too. My only wish is that it would recognize and use the jump pads when the person you're following uses them. For now if there's an alternate route your character will backtrack and take it, otherwise you just run into an invisible wall.

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 01:10 AM
I would have figured it'd just warp you to their position like it does with NPCs, but I guess not. I hadn't tried it because I don't follow much. I should AFK while auto-following my buddy once in awhile, though; would serve him right for always rushing ahead of me.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 16, 2012, 01:43 AM
I just like progressing. Everything else listed is either a means to that end, or a waste of time, as far as I'm concerned.

Game's too easy for my wingman and I so far, though. We're kind of hoping it won't be the two man coast PSU was.

big vahder seems like he'll be fun. i don't doubt for a second that he'll be soloable though, even though at first glance it seems like his fight is multi leveled so you can't solo him.

game won't get fun until we get more bosses like panther, or maybe fight doppelgangers. i really liked fighting the guy with the purple sword in the story quest. he was actually somewhat difficult, and scared me enough into just keeping my distance and spamming sonic arrow. i guess in that sense, he was easy. but if you wanted to stay in his face it was intimidating because he could combo attacks on to you the same way king panther does.

Zeota
Jul 16, 2012, 08:37 AM
Murdering anything and everything during a good tri-burst. It really is a thing of beauty.