PDA

View Full Version : Twin Mechguns when?

oifjustus
Jul 15, 2012, 02:34 PM
Just like the title says.. Been leveling ranger just for them..

ScottyMango
Jul 15, 2012, 02:35 PM
In the fall update, I believe.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 15, 2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah, bumped.org list it happenging in Sept-Oct update.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 04:09 PM
Additional Effects: Fires Meseta instead of bullets to do massive damage

This is like, the only PSO game that encourages this. I mean, you can hold like 10 billion meseta on you. Nevermind your bank.

Lostbob117
Jul 15, 2012, 04:12 PM
Additional Effects: Fires Meseta instead of bullets to do massive damage

This is like, the only PSO game that encourages this. I mean, you can hold like 10 billion meseta on you. Nevermind your bank.

Way to switch that you don't shoot meseta and shoot bullets so you don't lose your meseta?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2012, 04:13 PM
Way to switch that you don't shoot meseta and shoot bullets so you don't lose your meseta?
Nono, I'm just saying that since we can hold billions of meseta, this game is ideal for meseta guns.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 15, 2012, 04:13 PM
this is the only version of pso2 that DOESN'T encourage meseta for damage lol

you actually can do something with your meseta. the most considerable thing probably being trying to make strong armor units, like armor units with your preferred soul+pp/hp+mutation or damage or ability.

all of the above would easily cut into a million+ meseta to get 3 armor units with those additions.

just due to sheer cost all i did was put vol souls on all 3 of my hp+ sub units and that alone set me back ~200k. i also farmed the vol armor units myself, if you look on the market most go for ~20k+ each. and i went through around 15. so it's 200k + 300k = 500k. note that it get's increasingly more difficult to get the additional values you want as you add more and more on.

strong armor units definitely give you a more than considerable edge. the defense doesn't really help but the damage/hp/pp you can gain does

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah, uh, I don't know which version of PSO you played but in any version I was on past hard mode meseta was utterly worthless unless you were helping to fund a mag.

A more comparable version would be if charge mechguns were firing photon drops. Hoo boy, now THAT would've needed to buy some serious damage.

AlMcFly
Jul 15, 2012, 04:39 PM
Just like the title says.. Been leveling ranger just for them..

I really don't know what you guys are talking about. The Bumped.org blog says that we will get new weapons in the Fall. No particular weapons have been announced. All I want are Mechguns as well but nothing has been confirmed. We will have to wait until they are.

Vashyron
Jul 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
It's not confirmed, but 5 weapon types have been datamined (with PAs and all!) and 5 new weapons are coming.

I mean it's pretty evident what's gonna happen. Either way Double Sabers and Knuckles have been confirmed.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2012, 04:43 PM
Wasn't that back when the mines were still coming in the fall?

I think they pushed the whole update to the 18th.

AlMcFly
Jul 15, 2012, 04:46 PM
It's not confirmed, but 5 weapon types have been datamined (with PAs and all!) and 5 new weapons are coming.

I mean it's pretty evident what's gonna happen. Either way Double Sabers and Knuckles have been confirmed.

The longer I live, the less I believe people will ever learn to not form judgment and make claim based on inference and speculation.

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
The longer I live, the less I believe people will ever learn to not form judgment and make claim based on inference and speculation.
And then it all happens exactly as they say, what then? :-?

AlMcFly
Jul 15, 2012, 04:48 PM

That's a fallacy. Even if it happens as they say, it doesn't mean their process of reasoning was true. It was merely a guess passed on as knowledge.

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 08:08 PM
Yeeaah... No, sorry, I don't believe you.

The hard evidence is enough for me. I see no reason why the data, which came from the actual game itself, would be misleading or lead us to the wrong conclusion, unless SEGA actually changed plans partway through, which is highly unlikely considering how expensive that can be.

MissMalice
Jul 15, 2012, 08:24 PM
Twin mechguns? o___o;

Whether its true of not, only time will tell, eh? c:
/fingerscrossed

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 08:27 PM
Now you got people thinking the datamining is all lies. D:

Ana-Chan
Jul 15, 2012, 08:34 PM
Inb4 3GB+ update that updates all of the files with the data that people are using for reference is in.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
dosn't the upcoming content patch on the 18th have new weapons?

MissMalice
Jul 15, 2012, 08:42 PM
dosn't the upcoming content patch on the 18th have new weapons?

I was under the impression that that patch was to fix up that whole "moving NPC" hacking and whatnot~ And also serving as the update to remove the character creation lock on the ships. o.o

Adding the new weapons would be
http://fc.usd497.org/~dreber/FOV1-00034FD0/S06396A66.0/Peter%20Griffin%20freakin%20sweet.jpg

Skye-Fox713
Jul 15, 2012, 08:49 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20120718/ that one, or did I misinterprate somewhere and the 18th is just a new area and costumes?

Skye-Fox713
Jul 15, 2012, 08:51 PM
I was under the impression that that patch was to fix up that whole "moving NPC" hacking and whatnot~ And also serving as the update to remove the character creation lock on the ships. o.o

Adding the new weapons would be
http://fc.usd497.org/~dreber/FOV1-00034FD0/S06396A66.0/Peter%20Griffin%20freakin%20sweet.jpg

the npc moving was fixed last week.

AlMcFly
Jul 15, 2012, 09:41 PM

The hard evidence is enough for me. I see no reason why the data, which came from the actual game itself, would be misleading or lead us to the wrong conclusion, unless SEGA actually changed plans partway through, which is highly unlikely considering how expensive that can be.

Yeah you're right, because everything found during the data-mining has been eventually added to the game. No, wait a second, wasn't there an English version credits found during data-mining? What happened to that again? During a patch they removed it? Hmmm, that means all of your logic was just completely shattered? Yep.

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 09:47 PM
Yeah you're right, because everything found during the data-mining has been eventually added to the game. No, wait a second, wasn't there an English version credits found during data-mining? What happened to that again? During a patch they removed it? Hmmm, that means all of your logic was just completely shattered? Yep.
Uh, no, it doesn't, because you don't know where or when those credits are getting used (but bets are very good that it'll show up in the English version of the game).

Your logic is impeccable. Clearly, the fact that it was removed from the game means that IT WILL NEVER BE USED AGAIN! :roll:

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2012, 09:50 PM

Here's a word problem for you.

SEGA has 5 weapons already pre-made and 7 PAs for each of them. They just so happen to be planning to release 5 "new" weapons in fall! What are the chances that they'll use the same 5 weapons they have been working on. Or just scrap half off them and pull out something at the last minute?

But really. Sure they COULD just... "RELEASE ANYTHING" and you're not wrong for saying that. But it's also kind of... Why are you even arguing that that might not be what'll likely happen? Even with the supported evidence? Even if it's not wrong to say so... the evidence and common sense behind it. It's almost as if you're just denying everything for the sake seeing things differently to try and be right over something multiple people agree on...

This is why E-arguments are stupid...

AlMcFly
Jul 15, 2012, 09:52 PM

Uh, no, it doesn't, because you don't know where or when those credits are getting used (but bets are very good that it'll show up in the English version of the game).

Your logic is impeccable. Clearly, the fact that it was removed from the game means that IT WILL NEVER BE USED AGAIN! :roll:

You really aren't getting my point. My argument isn't that they will never get used. My argument is that there is no sufficient evidence for YOUR argument that they ARE getting used in the Fall. Maybe shame on me for arguing with kids lol. OP just know this: Mechguns might be in the Fall. Wait for an announcement stating that they are.

hewitt
Jul 15, 2012, 10:03 PM
Maybe shame on me for arguing with kids lol. OP just know this: Mechguns might be in the Fall.

You obviously just won your argument right there.

Assuming a forum user is a kid because they're on the opposite end of your debate automatically makes you win and a better person.

What a delightful way to demonstrate your distaste for fallacies by using an ad hominem attack.

Geistritter
Jul 15, 2012, 10:46 PM
You could have made your point fine without being a condescending snob about it, AlMcFly.

Just throwing that out there.

Regarding twin mechguns: I'd rather have twin handguns, but I'd take these too.

AlMcFly
Jul 15, 2012, 11:47 PM
You obviously just won your argument right there.

Assuming a forum user is a kid because they're on the opposite end of your debate automatically makes you win and a better person.

What a delightful way to demonstrate your distaste for fallacies by using an ad hominem attack.

It was meant to be an attack. I never claimed to be a good guy ;)

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2012, 12:22 AM
You really aren't getting my point. My argument isn't that they will never get used. My argument is that there is no sufficient evidence for YOUR argument that they ARE getting used in the Fall. Maybe shame on me for arguing with kids lol. OP just know this: Mechguns might be in the Fall. Wait for an announcement stating that they are.
You made several errors here.

1: Vashyron never said it was confirmed, nor did he definitively say it is definitely those five weapons, just that the evidence points towards them (and it's pretty compelling evidence, too).

2. It's not MY argument (nor Rock Eastwood's) that they ARE getting used in the fall, but rather that the evidence is compelling and that there has been no sufficient counter-evidence to suggest that something else is coming. Semantics, maybe, but if you're going to argue semantics in the first place, you may as well get it right.

3. Your counter-point still did not debunk anything. The fact that English credits were present in the game was simply evidence that an English version of the game was in the works, and LO AND BEHOLD, an English version of the game is in the works! Anyone who was claiming otherwise (that the JP version was going to have an English language option, or whatever) was simply being a starry-eyed hopeful. I was not one of them.

4. Putting yourself on a pedestal only weakens your argument. Doesn't matter if you want to be a "good guy" or not, it just makes you look, well, like a bit of a douchebag. Kind of like those guys who are proud of being assholes and then turn around and complain about how everyone pisses them off (hint: the common variable in all your social interaction is you). Oh, and you probably already noticed, but yeah, nobody likes an asshole.

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 12:29 AM

You made several errors here.

1: Vashyron never said it was confirmed, nor did he definitively say it is definitely those five weapons, just that the evidence points towards them (and it's pretty compelling evidence, too).

2. It's not MY argument (nor Rock Eastwood's) that they ARE getting used in the fall, but rather that the evidence is compelling and that there has been no sufficient counter-evidence to suggest that something else is coming. Semantics, maybe, but if you're going to argue semantics in the first place, you may as well get it right.

3. Your counter-point still did not debunk anything. The fact that English credits were present in the game was simply evidence that an English version of the game was in the works, and LO AND BEHOLD, an English version of the game is in the works! Anyone who was claiming otherwise (that the JP version was going to have an English language option, or whatever) was simply being a starry-eyed hopeful. I was not one of them.

4. Putting yourself on a pedestal only weakens your argument. Doesn't matter if you want to be a "good guy" or not, it just makes you look, well, like a bit of a douchebag. Kind of like those guys who are proud of being assholes and then turn around and complain about how everyone pisses them off (hint: the common variable in all your social interaction is you). Oh, and you probably already noticed, but yeah, nobody likes an asshole.

Blah blah blah. I argued against the arguments of the original two people. You and others were supporting those arguments at several points in this thread. Even IF you were not the original proponents of the argument, you associated yourself and are thus attached to the original argument. I really am not into the game for people to like me. I have enough already that do. Please stop, this is far too dead already for a wall of text and super off-topic.

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 12:33 AM
It was meant to be an attack. I never claimed to be a good guy ;)

"Unnecessarily obnoxious" isn't a good ideal to strive for, particularly when you're not very entertaining while at it, but if that's the gimmick you feel like you have to have, I'm certainly not going to stop you. I'll suggest it needs some revision, though, just in case. I never claimed to be a good guy either, but I don't use it as an excuse to act like a prick, you know?

Not on purpose, anyway.

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2012, 12:38 AM
Blah blah blah. I argued against the arguments of the original two people. You and others were supporting those arguments at several points in this thread. Even IF you were not the original proponents of the argument, you associated yourself and are thus attached to the original argument.
Really? Is that how these things work, then? Because I was defending Vashyron's post, not the two posts you claim to have been arguing against... :-?

I really am not into the game for people to like me. I have enough already that do. Please stop, this is far too dead already for a wall of text and super off-topic.You probably should have thought about that before you responded. :roll: (And, oh look! Someone already continued that line of thought above me. How serendipitous.)

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 12:40 AM
Using a sense of age in an attempt to bolster one's own worth, especially in an internet argument, is a horribly dumb thing to do. Being older than someone in no way makes you better than them, nor more intelligent than them by that fact alone.

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 12:42 AM
Again...blah blah blah

I suggest mods closing this thread.

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 12:44 AM
Again...blah blah blah

I guess I have a new rebuttal for any time someone says something I disagree with and/or dislike. Seems simple enough.

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 12:45 AM
I guess I have a new rebuttal for any time someone says something I disagree with and/or dislike. Seems simple enough.

It's actually a rebuttal applied to the reading of a wall of text's first sentence then skipping to the reply button ;)

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 12:47 AM
Using a sense of age in an attempt to bolster one's own worth, especially in an internet argument, is a horribly dumb thing to do. Being older than someone in no way makes you better than them, nor more intelligent than them by that fact alone.

Little touchy on the subject, are we?

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 12:49 AM

Not really, I'm watching this thread jump to the top of this list repeatedly (just like all of you are doing) and trying to force this thread into getting pushed into the landfill because it's wasting space already. It's actually kind of fun to a degree.

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 12:51 AM

Because it's true. It's like using one's own race, social status, income, or what have you, to put yourself above someone else. Completely superficial and in no way proves your superiority over another person. It's an extremely kindergarten way of trying to push yourself to the top of the ladder.

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 12:53 AM
Because it's true. It's like using one's own race, social status, income, or what have you, to put yourself above someone else. Completely superficial and in no way proves your superiority over another person. It's an extremely kindergarten way of trying to push yourself to the top of the ladder.

:rolls eyes:

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 12:53 AM
:rolls eyes:

I preferred "blah blah blah", honestly.

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 12:56 AM
Not really, I'm watching this thread jump to the top of this list repeatedly (just like all of you are doing) and trying to force this thread into getting pushed into the landfill because it's wasting space already. It's actually kind of fun to a degree.

I'm sure Big Olaf doesn't consider your thoughts on the matter to be their own, AlMcFly, but I'm sure they appreciate your input all the same.

Put another way, I wasn't talking to you, though I don't mean that as rudely as the statement is often used. I just... well, wasn't.

And when you get older, you'll realize that someone who uses such a stance as leverage isn't really worth taking seriously in the first place, and not to take it so personally.

Hopefully.

SaiKo
Jul 16, 2012, 01:45 AM
With the rifle they stuck us with... I can't understand how anyone can be hyped for mechguns... :-/

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 16, 2012, 01:56 AM
With the rifle they stuck us with... I can't understand how anyone can be hyped for mechguns... :-/

i feel like the rifle already IS mechgun, which is why i'm confused that they're putting mech guns in the game.

you can only have so many "projectile" type attacks.

grenades: launcher
single shot: gunslash
multi shot: rifle
continuous fire: doubt it'll happen (i guess mech guns might be this though...)
shotgun: nothing yet
piercing laser: nothing yet

those are all the types of projectile gun attacks i can think of.

continuous fire/shotgun/piercing laser are the only ones left out. and i don't think they'll do continuous fire the same way those mech guns worked in psu, mainly due to the just attack system.

so the only two logical types of firing left are shotgun and piercing laser.

i really would have preferred shotgun instead of mechgun. but if mechgun is a continuous stream of nonstop fire, i'll take it.

i just don't think it will be.

Triple_S
Jul 16, 2012, 02:07 AM
I imagine the new gun types will all be based on existing Assault Rifle PAs. Think about it.

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 02:14 AM
i feel like the rifle already IS mechgun, which is why i'm confused that they're putting mech guns in the game.

grenades: launcher
single shot: gunslash
multi shot: rifle
continuous fire: doubt it'll happen (i guess mech guns might be this though...)
shotgun: nothing yet
piercing laser: nothing yet

those are all the types of projectile gun attacks i can think of.

continuous fire/shotgun/piercing laser are the only ones left out. and i don't think they'll do continuous fire the same way those mech guns worked in psu, mainly due to the just attack system.

so the only two logical types of firing left are shotgun and piercing laser.

i really would have preferred shotgun instead of mechgun. but if mechgun is a continuous stream of nonstop fire, i'll take it.

i just don't think it will be.

You forgot Spread shot weapons

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/spread_needle_3.jpg

Wolfgrey666
Jul 16, 2012, 03:07 AM
You forgot Spread shot weapons

http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/spread_needle_3.jpg

And may spread needle type weapons never come.

No offense but i got completely sick of it in PSO in all versions.So many people used it.

Anyway you have these not in yet:

Mechgun
Laser Cannon
Shotgun/Shot
Crossbow
Bow

While the last two were more for Forces, they could easily be adjusted for just Rangers this time around.

But anyway for now i would say Mechguns are confirmed simply because of the evidence presented and common sense.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 16, 2012, 05:41 AM

grenades: AR Grenade Shell
single shot: AR Sneak Shooter
multi shot: AR normal attack
continuous fire: AR One Point
shotgun: AR Diffuse Shot
piercing laser: AR Piercing Shell

There is clearly an issue with the Assault Rifle weapon type

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 06:37 AM

grenades: AR Grenade Shell
single shot: AR Sneak Shooter
multi shot: AR normal attack
continuous fire: AR One Point
shotgun: AR Diffuse Shot
piercing laser: AR Piercing Shell

There is clearly an issue with the Assault Rifle weapon type

Yes but these are only limited use PA's, dependent on the amount of PP you have, and are still far inferior to a weapon that is strictly devoted to some of these projectile types as its primary attack.

For Example: An assault rifle running into a crowd shooting off three Diffuse Shots every 30 seconds, then running out of the crowd to shoot with regular fire is far inferior to someone with a Shotgun weapon standing in the mix at all times waylaying mobs with shell after shell point blank. This isn't even factoring in the potential Shotgun specific PAs a weapon like this may have.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 16, 2012, 06:40 AM
Well, when I'm using Diffuse Shot, I don't really leave the crowd. I just slam headshots with the normal firing and get to use Diffuse Shot like every 3-5 seconds

But I understand what you're saying. Also, it's not like Grenade Shell deterred them from adding the Launcher weapon type

AlMcFly
Jul 16, 2012, 06:44 AM
Well, when I'm using Diffuse Shot, I don't really leave the crowd. I just slam headshots with the normal firing and get to use Diffuse Shot like every 3-5 seconds

But I understand what you're saying. Also, it's not like Grenade Shell deterred them from adding the Launcher weapon type

Yeah, I am anxious to see how creative they can get with mechgun PAs. I can imagine one that fires multiple shots as the character spins around in a circle, essentially hitting surrounding enemies in a 360 degree circle. Perhaps some John Woo type aerial acrobatics. Hopefully they aren't just rehashes of assault rifle PAs.

Lostbob117
Jul 16, 2012, 06:47 AM
I hope shotguns come to pso2.

Uncle_bob
Jul 16, 2012, 06:53 AM

This please. PSO2's assault rifles seem to already fill the "automic fire" gun type.

Gama
Jul 16, 2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I am anxious to see how creative they can get with mechgun PAs. I can imagine one that fires multiple shots as the character spins around in a circle, essentially hitting surrounding enemies in a 360 degree circle. Perhaps some John Woo type aerial acrobatics. Hopefully they aren't just rehashes of assault rifle PAs.

this would make ranger more interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2KJHysK6k8

MissMalice
Jul 16, 2012, 07:01 AM
this would make ranger more interesting

Equilibrium Gun Kata Compilation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2KJHysK6k8)

I was quite literally JUST talking about this last night on Google+ with some buddies. This would be soooo awesome. Gun kata would definitely be for a Hunter/Ranger hybrid class [probably would never happen, but its fun to dream!]

GoldenFalcon
Jul 16, 2012, 07:16 AM
I believe they'll make 3 of the PA's the ones from Zero
Beyond that though, I'm not sure

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2012, 08:31 AM
YES PLEASE.

They are the only ranger weapon that I actually care about. I would use nothing else. NOTHING ELSE. Twin mechguns when we already have an automatic weapon indeed leaves me cold. They better be bloody awesome...

Omisan
Jul 16, 2012, 09:20 AM
I will use only twin mechs if we get them. I will become a master of their use even if it is inferior. Which i doubt.

I cant wait for mechs.

Hrith
Jul 16, 2012, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I have been VERY curious of what submachinegun would be since their existence were mined during the CBT. They do sound redundant.