PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 So I hit level 20...

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 04:28 PM
Doing nothing but client orders and matter board stuff for normal Forest and Caves.

I haven't even unlocked the desert yet.

Somehow, this amuses me. Right now, I'm under the impression that I'll hit level 30 long before I exhaust my supply of client orders and matter board jobs.

So, my advice for anyone at a loss at what to do: go do client orders. Do ALL of them. Every single one. WATCH YOUR XP BAR GROOOWWWW.

Oh, and remember that some of them are repeatable daily.

I will admit, though, that I am something of a completionist. Just seeing the number of open client orders gradually decrease into nothing makes me smile.

ScottyMango
Jul 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
Lol this is nice at first, but it stops working all that well about 5 levels later.

I haven't gotten anything all that fantastic from a client order in awhile. Most offer very minor exp, after the initial awesome ones. Sometimes you'll get a nice 1000xp, but that really isn't a whole lot considering it's usually a one-time deal and you can easily get that much from a quick free run.

I do love them though. For some reason, collecting the ridiculous amounts of yellow boxes makes me feel like I'm doing something a lot more worth-while than I actually am lol.

Zyrusticae
Jul 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
It's kind of funny, though - I still have 4/5 of the second matter board to finish, because of that one that requires desert missions (And E1 and E5 are clearly hard mode jobs). Granted, matter board 3 requires access to the tundra... hmm. That might be a problem.

At any rate, I am FAR higher level now than I was at this same point with my first character, Aiza, who gained most of her levels through multiparty hunting (and still hasn't completed a single matter board to 100% yet). I would actually be further still if I didn't miss so many city missions...

Gardios
Jul 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
25~30 is not that bad. I still had plenty of COs to do, but it got pretty tedious/boring because you only see the same things from 20 onwards...

AlMcFly
Jul 15, 2012, 04:51 PM
25~30 is not that bad. I still had plenty of COs to do, but it got pretty tedious/boring because you only see the same things from 20 onwards...

I think 25-30 was hell compared to 30-40. At thirty you get to join free hard mode multi's which code A LOT given a full group. Though 35-40 I did literally in a few hours.

raiden55
Jul 15, 2012, 05:00 PM
when i reached hard mode and free desert at lv20 i was happy.
when i realized i needed lv25 to go to most of the hard mode quest, and lv30 for free zone on hard or tundra i was way less happy...
it was last week, and i only reached lv23 today, lost the will to xp given there's nothing new to see...

Ranmaru
Jul 15, 2012, 05:27 PM
when i reached hard mode and free desert at lv20 i was happy.
when i realized i needed lv25 to go to most of the hard mode quest, and lv30 for free zone on hard or tundra i was way less happy...
it was last week, and i only reached lv23 today, lost the will to xp given there's nothing new to see...

Multi-parties dude. It's much funner to play with friends. Especially since I want to get the fuck out of the desert. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH TOO MUCH DUST.

Coatl
Jul 15, 2012, 06:05 PM
Once you hit lv30 it's all down-hill from there.

Metalsnake27
Jul 15, 2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I'm always doing Client Orders.

Level 13, currently trying to level up my MAG a bit and working on getting some better weps.

Ezodagrom
Jul 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
Doing nothing but client orders and matter board stuff for normal Forest and Caves.

Somehow, this amuses me. Right now, I'm under the impression that I'll hit level 30 long before I exhaust my supply of client orders and matter board jobs.

So, my advice for anyone at a loss at what to do: go do client orders. Do ALL of them. Every single one. WATCH YOUR XP BAR GROOOWWWW.

I will admit, though, that I am something of a completionist. Just seeing the number of open client orders gradually decrease into nothing makes me smile.
Haha, yeah, I also like to do every client order and matterboard stuff I can, I would do dailies too, but there's the 20 client orders limit. D:
Anyway, between the client orders, matterboard and just randomly playing, I didn't really reached a point where I "had" to grind. ^^

UnLucky
Jul 15, 2012, 08:18 PM
I stopped taking Hans's quests because I can't attack while he's talking to me

Gardios
Jul 15, 2012, 08:20 PM
...then just click through his pop up dialogue quickly enough? That's a pretty silly reason to ignore extra EXP.

Vylera
Jul 15, 2012, 08:24 PM
20-25 is the most annoying part of the game strictly because the only cave mission you have available for you to do client orders is on a 100 point limit, so you're basically forced to restart, reload, and have limited freedom to adventure around.

Even then, it's really not that hard. Even with just Franka's client orders, leveling should be relatively fast.

UnLucky
Jul 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
...then just click through his pop up dialogue quickly enough? That's a pretty silly reason to ignore extra EXP.

well that and the quest limit and inventory limit and the minimal rewards

it's like they're trying to make quests as annoying as possible so you grind more, but the best missions are unavailable so you play the worse ones more

does that earn them more money than just having a fun game?

mhjc
Jul 15, 2012, 09:14 PM

I'll tell you now, you still have all the hard COs to do. You're nowhere near done.
I've been completing most of my COs and I'm gonna cap out on all 3 already!