PDA

View Full Version : Music Question

DeathByPogs
Jul 15, 2012, 06:19 PM
Hey everyone, I was camping this weekend and had a thought. I like the music from PSO2, however the music in the original PSO will never be beaten.

I was curious, would it be possible to replace the menu music, character select and creation screen music and the lobby music with that from PSO 1? I know this has to do with altering game files to a certain extent. If that is a no no here let me know and it wont happen again.

I feel like this would be a really cool thing. Anyway, what do you think?

Ryock
Jul 15, 2012, 06:24 PM
Mind you, I haven't gone into the folder myself to actually look at the game files, but if the game is anything like previous iterations of PS games, then I imagine the music and sound files are all .ogg file types, which are fairly easy to replace. Regardless though, the PSO2 music is actually pretty true to the original PSO in a lot of ways.

ScottyMango
Jul 15, 2012, 07:03 PM
It's not like the old games. Inside the folders, all you see is a whole bunch of heavily encrypted files with jibberish names.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 15, 2012, 07:08 PM
One might be able to replace the music in the alpha, but we have no method currently since we currently have no way of playing back ADX2 music. Once we have that as well as a way to re-compress back to the package format that holds each song that should be able to be done.

preset
Jul 15, 2012, 08:38 PM
One might be able to replace the music in the alpha, but we have no method currently since we currently have no way of playing back ADX2 music. Once we have that as well as a way to re-compress back to the package format that holds each song that should be able to be done.

Unfortunately, the songs in PSO2 are split into files of about 4 seconds including a fade-in and out. You might be able to replace the files, but getting it to play as a song would amount to an impossibility. PSO2 uses a dynamic, random song-structuring mechanic with several different layers able to be played in any combination depending on the situation.