PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Maintenance Notice: 7/17 Character Creation Limits Will be Removed

Metalsnake27
Jul 16, 2012, 09:18 AM
Edit: Feel like I worded the topic weirdly, but the ships are going to be unlocked for new characters.

"Special maintenance schedule time July 17th Tuesday 08:30-09:30 JST

The maintenance contents:
Adjustment of server equipment
Release of character making restriction in all ships"

Source: http://translate.ocn.ne.jp/LUCOCN/c3/hm_ex.cgi?SURL=http%3A%2F%2Fpso2.jp%2Fplayers%2Fne ws%2F%3Fid%3D219&XTYPE=1&SEARCH=T&SLANG=ja&TLANG=en

Also they stated that they will not make another character restriction, unless the number of connecting players changes dramatically on certain ships, just to try to keep all the servers balanced, and that a future character restriction is always possible.

Wanted to post this just to confirm that the restrictions will be removed soon. (Tonight if you live in the US)

Omisan
Jul 16, 2012, 09:22 AM
Does this mean we can make characters for free? Or is it not possible to make a new char right now and they are going to allow that?

Metalsnake27
Jul 16, 2012, 09:23 AM
Does this mean we can make characters for free? Or is it not possible to make a new char right now and they are going to allow that?

Kind of worded the topic weirdly, but it's just saying that ships 1,2,3,5 and 10 will be unlocked after the maintenance tommorrow/tonight.

Jakosifer
Jul 16, 2012, 09:26 AM
My patience has paid off.

The Walrus
Jul 16, 2012, 09:28 AM
Thank god I can finally make a Loli on 10 :D

Zipzo
Jul 16, 2012, 09:40 AM
Edit: Feel like I worded the topic weirdly, but the ships are going to be unlocked for new characters.

"Special maintenance schedule time July 17th Tuesday 8:30-9:30 JST

The maintenance contents:
Adjustment of server equipment
Release of character making restriction in all ships"

Source: http://translate.ocn.ne.jp/LUCOCN/c3/hm_ex.cgi?SURL=http%3A%2F%2Fpso2.jp%2Fplayers%2Fne ws%2F%3Fid%3D219&XTYPE=1&SEARCH=T&SLANG=ja&TLANG=en

Also they stated that they will not make another character restriction, unless the number of connecting players changes dramatically on certain ships, just to try to keep all the servers balanced, and that a future character restriction is always possible.

Wanted to post this just to confirm that the restrictions will be removed soon. (Tonight if you live in the US)
Is it posted in 24 hour time or is there an AM or PM you forgot...?

sugarFO
Jul 16, 2012, 09:42 AM
Uff Uff this makes me soo excited for mines and bikinis even though it's not that update ^^

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 09:43 AM

7:30-8:30 PM Eastern tonight, just like the last hour maintenance we had.

Zipzo
Jul 16, 2012, 09:43 AM
7:30-8:30 PM Eastern tonight, just like the last hour maintenance we had.
Never paid attention to the maintenance times until this one...stupid character lock. I'm excited for it to be removed. Thanks for the clarification Mr. Olaf. I can call you Mr. Olaf?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 09:46 AM
Yeah, it's weird. I don't know why they're posting their maintenance times in 12-hour format now. They started doing it last week. Before then, they were using the 24-hour format since that's how they tell time in Japan anyway.

So when they just put, "8:30", it leaves us wondering "A.M. or P.M.?", but naturally... it would be in the morning for them since that's when their users will most likely still be asleep.

MissMalice
Jul 16, 2012, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah, it's weird. I don't know why they're posting their maintenance times in 12-hour format now. They started doing it last week. Before then, they were using the 24-hour format since that's how they tell time in Japan anyway.

So when they just put, "8:30", it leaves us wondering "A.M. or P.M.?", but naturally... it would be in the morning for them since that's when their users will most likely still be asleep.
Wait... what?

I'm pretty sure they're still doing it in 24-hour format, they're just omitting the "0" in front of "08:30" or whatever because it's entirely unnecessary...

texhnolyze
Jul 16, 2012, 11:56 AM
ah, finally..
i can gather all of my separated friends from my country :D

Metalsnake27
Jul 16, 2012, 12:00 PM

24 hour time. That's how they do it over there.

They just typed it without the 0 for some reason.

So it starts at 8:30 am JST. Which is 7:30pm EDT I beleive

Kazzi
Jul 16, 2012, 12:01 PM

I have seldom seen Japanese servers use anything other than 24 hours myself, even though they do, it's not common. So it's definitely morning.

Watch the ships fill up again within a few hours.

Khasar
Jul 16, 2012, 12:02 PM
My patience has paid off.

Same for me :D Better start finalizing the my 2nd character and make sure I'm 100% happy with it using character maker

Wolfgrey666
Jul 16, 2012, 12:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_osR36oxVU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_osR36oxVU

Anyway i will finally get to delete my ship 8 hunter and put him where he belongs.

Sasamichan
Jul 16, 2012, 01:02 PM
Sweet. Now I can join my cute friend, Cocona on ship 2. :)

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
Wait... what?

I'm pretty sure they're still doing it in 24-hour format, they're just omitting the "0" in front of "08:30" or whatever because it's entirely unnecessary...

Really? I've seen some airtimes in Japan for TV shows listed as 09:45, 07:15, etc. before. I guess it just depends on the company or something, I'm not sure.

You're right though. I knew they were on 24-hour format, so I should have just naturally assumed by them putting 8:30, that meant morning.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 16, 2012, 01:31 PM
Oh hey, I can make my alt now.

Asuni
Jul 16, 2012, 01:49 PM
Yay my friend can play with me soon :3

Amoramora
Jul 16, 2012, 01:52 PM
This is good news, thanks for sharing it with us!

Now the question is... Ship 2 or Ship 10? x_x

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
This is good news, thanks for sharing it with us!

Now the question is... Ship 2 or Ship 10? x_x

Well, your primary English community will be on Ship 2.

Gama
Jul 16, 2012, 02:43 PM
gonna warn my friends aswell...

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 16, 2012, 02:54 PM
Eh Luckily I still have ffxi to occupy my free time lol
Only a hour but still :P
Of course not trying to level much unless with guild/friends...dont wanna get too far ahead of them....

pikachief
Jul 16, 2012, 03:03 PM
Just bought 500 AC! Kitty's coming to PSO2 tonight!!! :D =^.^=

Amoramora
Jul 16, 2012, 03:05 PM
Well, your primary English community will be on Ship 2.

So I've heard, but I thought there was a significant number on ship 10 as well?

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 03:23 PM
So I've heard, but I thought there was a significant number on ship 10 as well?

Not nearly as many. Mostly stragglers that were too impatient to wait the first time Ship 2 was locked.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
This game has so many maintanences

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 03:46 PM

It's a brand-new game, and SEGA's new pride and joy. Yes, there's going to be a lot of maintenance to tweak and fix things for a bit. Just how it works.

Amoramora
Jul 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
Not nearly as many. Mostly stragglers that were too impatient to wait the first time Ship 2 was locked.

Ohh, okay. I understand now. Thank you for clarifying. ^_^

Ship 2 it is, then! I have a feeling it may get closed soon after being unlocked though. I'm sure there'll be a good number of people jumping ship.

...No pun intended.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 04:30 PM

Rather too many than too little though, am I right?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 16, 2012, 04:35 PM
I'm sure there'll be a good number of people jumping ship.

...No pun intended.

I still laughed. Very appropriate in this case.

Itoshi
Jul 16, 2012, 04:50 PM
Is the lock still on? I finally have time to play now, and I just tried to make my character and I'm getting an error.

Was there something I was supposed to do inbetween pre-open beta (last time I played) and now?

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 04:59 PM
Is the lock still on? I finally have time to play now, and I just tried to make my character and I'm getting an error.

Was there something I was supposed to do inbetween pre-open beta (last time I played) and now?

Lock won't be lifted until after the one-hour maintenance. So, 8:30 PM Eastern time.

QueenVernice
Jul 16, 2012, 06:38 PM
Is there a way to transfer characters from one ship to another yet? AC?

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 06:39 PM
Is there a way to transfer characters from one ship to another yet? AC?

No, not yet. Sakai stated that they'll likely implement the feature in the future.

QueenVernice
Jul 16, 2012, 06:40 PM
No, not yet. Sakai stated that they'll likely implement the feature in the future.

Thanks for the prompt replay. Shame. That said, I'm not going to be losing too much.

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 16, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm sticking to ship7. Half of ship2's english speaking players are the ones I'm glad are stuck there. Even though I do have some friends on ship2, the switch isn't worth it. I haven't joined the guild on ship7 either. I've done quite well for a solo/paired career.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 06:44 PM
Rather too many than too little though, am I right?

And thank heavens for that, I was actually surprised and pleased that instead of merely banning the offending NPC-movers they really did resolve the exploit.

If this is how it's always been on the JP versions of PS games then I'm most definitely staying. If they actually do this stuff on the EN version with equal share of ability and responsibility with the JP version then I'll most definitely set up an account, although I don't know which I'll be more active on.

Really though, as irritating as the downtimes can be I'm pretty happy to see them taking action and resolving problems.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 16, 2012, 06:46 PM
It's a brand-new game, and SEGA's new pride and joy. Yes, there's going to be a lot of maintenance to tweak and fix things for a bit. Just how it works.

I will blatantly say this is the most maint i have ever seen on any launch game ever.But then again we have hackers messing with them and everything else.

I am still not thrilled about their server set up.I predict them locking ships again within a week or two.

But still most new mmos do not go through this many in it's release window.

Only $19.99
Jul 16, 2012, 06:47 PM
but just for clarification, if you already have a character on a certain ship, you can't make another one right?

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 06:48 PM
but just for clarification, if you already have a character on a certain ship, you can't make another one right?

You can, but it's Only $6.35

Only $19.99
Jul 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
You can, but it's Only $6.35

gotcha. this is for all the slow pokes who missed the "deadline" when they first opened.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 06:52 PM
And thank heavens for that, I was actually surprised and pleased that instead of merely banning the offending NPC-movers they really did resolve the exploit.

If this is how it's always been on the JP versions of PS games then I'm most definitely staying. If they actually do this stuff on the EN version with equal share of ability and responsibility with the JP version then I'll most definitely set up an account, although I don't know which I'll be more active on.

Really though, as irritating as the downtimes can be I'm pretty happy to see them taking action and resolving problems.

Yeah. I'm not going to lie. It sucks not being able to play PSO2 when you want, but when you know why you're not able to play, it makes the wait a little more tolerable, haha. I'm fine with them doing maintenance since they've been making noticeable differences.

Plus, they seem to be quite prompt when incidents occur, so that's a good sign too. I can settle with not being able to play for X amount of time one day if it means I don't have to play, "hide and seek" with the NPCs again.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 16, 2012, 06:54 PM

I'm both happy and annoyed by this. Happy because it's nice to see a company that actually seems to care about their userbase. Annoyed because I'm actually happy about a company taking care of the people who use their products. I can't say that happens as often as it should now-a-days.

_Katana_
Jul 16, 2012, 07:25 PM
I am trying to update my client. Do you think the update server goes offline during maintenance as well? This update is taking incredibly long for me.