PDA

View Full Version : Force characters

fay
Jul 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
I'm currently trying to complete the client order for maluu. The one where I need to complete the caves free mission with only her. As the title suggests, I'm using a force character. I'm level 19, going on 20, so i'm above the recommended level by a wee bit.
Thing is, I need to S rank it and do itin under 20 minutes. But it takes me 18 and a half minutes just to kill the dragon.

Is there some other way that I can kill it faster or do force character really just suck really bad at attack strength. I'm literally taking about 40-60 off the dragon per attack, if I hit the tail or head then I can do around 130. Even at that, it still take ages to kill it.
I've most likely missed something but I actually can't see how that's even possible.

Any tips are appreciated.

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 11:06 AM
Inviting a player or two with you is the quickest way; you can have players with you during these "only this NPC" mission, as long as you don't have any other NPCs with you.

The most long-term beneficially thing is to work on your character, though. Check the player shops and get the best weapon you can use. Grind it up. Consider Affixing Tech attack to your weapons and units. Make sure your technics are up to date. Your damage is quite low, and an upgrade sounds like it's in order.

Also, don't forget to catch up on spending your skill points, and use the free aiming, over-the-shoulder mode for aiming at the dragon's horns for added damage. Oddly, Ra/foie is one of your best bets for aiming at his weak points, so consider giving that a try.

futamieriko
Jul 16, 2012, 11:16 AM
Spam barta on its feet, it's weaker to it there. If it freezes you get a good ~10 seconds of lockdown to deal more damage. Make sure you have a good weapon and a shifta drink from the medical center (preferably EX). I did the quest also as a force and it was probably the most irritating client order so far. I'd recommend using a talis for ranged PP regen if you aren't already.

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 11:17 AM
Oh, and don't forget about Shifta, the spell. Yes, the duration is terrible, but it does help.

sircusa
Jul 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
Well forces probably deal the least dmg but not by much (Rangers have weak bullet and able to exploit weak points the best so that's a given and Hunters have Fury Stance and some pretty good PAs) however you excel in support, aoe and have the ability to exploit elemental weaknesses.

Although, you should keep in mind that Vol Dragon is intended for a full party since it does not scale to party size. (doesn't multiply like catadran or rockbear) Why aren't you doing it with other people?

fay
Jul 16, 2012, 12:16 PM
Thing is all my spells are relatively good for my level and my skill points are used up. I never really used shifta. I know it helps but the duration really is that bad. I would almost be using that the same amount of times I other attack spells.

I didn't know about other human players being allowed. This may help me.

Hentai_Kittie
Jul 16, 2012, 12:18 PM
how strong is your weapon and techs? I do 150+ damage with barta and 50+ damage with normal attacks. But i have grinded both of my weapons to +9 (around 360 tech power for rod and 310 for talis). My tech level are 7 and 8 across the board. Though my mag is mostly tech with some ability. It takes me 11 minutes to kill the dragon. I'd suggest using the talis when you can't use the rod to keep the pressure on. and use regular barta the most since it's powerful, and low pp cost so you can throw it out nearly at all times

Akaimizu
Jul 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
I really hope I do get shifta by the time I get there. Luv ya, Deband, but I really want your sister Shifta right now, kthanks.

fay
Jul 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
I'm using that broom rod just now. Its only +2 but I don't even know how to grind yet xD.

I tried using a talis before, but it didn't do me well. It was actually kind of annoying that it floats in mid air. Puts me off a bit.

When in a normal mission my barta can easily hit 200 or so. Just the dragon seems to be resistant to just about everything.

Ana-Chan
Jul 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
Thing is, I need to S rank it and do itin under 20 minutes. But it takes me 18 and a half minutes just to kill the dragon.

Where did you get the 20 minute time limit from? Maybe you are mixing things up. The NPC client order only requires you to S Rank it. The desert access client order is what you need to do in under 20 minutes, but there is no limits on NPCs or party members.

When in a normal mission my barta can easily hit 200 or so. Just the dragon seems to be resistant to just about everything.

Try aiming for the horn on it's forehead and back, they break after a while, but you can cause a lot of damage with barta. The bit on it's tail is also breakable like the catadoran, so you can aim for that too, but it recreates the block.

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2012, 01:00 PM
I recommend using the highest-level common weapon you can get your hands on (preferably a rod) and getting it to +10. Raw TP will do you a lot of favors. Also, if possible, get some +Tech Power on your units.

And if you aren't already, Just Attack + charge all your techs. Good habit to get into.

Since this is all about speed, you just need to maximize your killing power any way you can. Vol Dragon is really rough to fight either way, so the best thing you can do is just make those numbers bigger.

fay
Jul 16, 2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

I shall try this again and see where I get.
I was saying about the 20 minute things before because I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone really. I'm pretty fed up of the caves and forest so I can't wait to do the desert.

Dammy
Jul 16, 2012, 03:23 PM
if dragon has mutation then it will be much easier, just lock it and spam grants
thats why story mission with mutated dragon is much much faster than non mutated one

Ryock
Jul 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
Lock on to the horn, tail, and other weak spot on his back. Shoot them with Rafoie. Rafoie as far as I can tell just doesn't miss at all. It's how I got through the mission. Don't forget shifta if you have it, drink if you have the first shifta drink, and your photon blast if you have it too. The PP regen from your mag will help a lot. Bring a card weapon too to grab safer amounts of PP back from the dragon.

moorebounce
Jul 16, 2012, 03:31 PM
Maybe we should team up. I have a force in the 20s that can't get past that dragon in 20 minutes. I missed it 2 times by 15 seconds. The other times I either don't kill enough enemies to get a S-rank or get killed by the dragon not watching my HP.

holmwood
Jul 16, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'm currently trying to complete the client order for maluu. The one where I need to complete the caves free mission with only her. As the title suggests, I'm using a force character. I'm level 19, going on 20, so i'm above the recommended level by a wee bit.

Is there some other way that I can kill it faster or do force character really just suck really bad at attack strength. I'm literally taking about 40-60 off the dragon per attack, if I hit the tail or head then I can do around 130. Even at that, it still take ages to kill it.
I've most likely missed something but I actually can't see how that's even possible.

Any tips are appreciated.

I had the same issue, but I eventually was able to solo it at level 24.

1. I upgraded my rod and ice gunblade to at least +8 just to maximize damage.

2. I would then thrillsplode all enemies that I encounter while quickly navigating to the nearest exit; all within 10-11 minutes. Squeeze in as many kills as you can so as to achieve the S rank, but keep in mind that getting from one corner to another may take around 30secs - 1min. The first stage should take roughly 4 minutes.

3. When I get to voldragon, I would aim primarily at the tail and alternate between gunblade regular shooting and rafoie spamming. Don't bother getting close and whacking with your rod for mp regeneration; it's dangerous, and it's horrible dps if you must teleport alot..

4. A couple times in the fight, voldragon's tail will break and it will attempt to regenerate for around 15 seconds. Take that opportunity to approach and spam thrillsplode.

5. Repeat until dead. Takes around 7-10 minutes depending on how proficient you are.

The method that others suggest is using a talis and spamming gibarta from a distance to immobilize it. I found it rather slow though. :/

MAKE USE OF THE SWITCH WEAPON SHORTCUT!

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 06:08 PM
Well forces probably deal the least dmg but not by much (Rangers have weak bullet and able to exploit weak points the best so that's a given and Hunters have Fury Stance and some pretty good PAs) however you excel in support, aoe and have the ability to exploit elemental weaknesses.

Ha. No. Forces are the most powerful class in the game by a pretty decent margin. They don't "excel" at support, either, at least not at this point of the game; it's merely something additional they bring to the table.

Ceresa
Jul 16, 2012, 06:14 PM
Well you already got plenty of advice on fighting it so...gear upgrades.

Open up the shop, put ラグネ・ソール in the second search field, buy a unit for each slot with that. 30 T Atk + 20 hp per unit. Bonus if you can score one with mutation or other t.atk boosts. Should be able to find them for like 10k or less each.

Buy a weapon with that too, grind it up or buy one with some grinds...

Oh and if you kept up with client orders, Shifta Drink Z will give you a bit more power.