PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Ark Cash

Megha
Jul 16, 2012, 12:12 PM
Anyone here buy it? Anyone here actually have it charged to your card yet? Mine hasnt, my bank says I can spend my money on whatever I want to. But, they cant find segas pending charges at all...

xBladeM6x
Jul 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
When did you buy it? Sometimes they won't charge until the next month.

Megha
Jul 16, 2012, 12:22 PM
Oh okay, I bought it this month x2, last week, and the first day I could.
My bank said I should use a credit card, so they dont scam me.
But it wont accept my credit card, lol. Just my debit card.

HFlowen
Jul 16, 2012, 12:25 PM
My AC payments always show up immediately. Might vary bank to bank I guess.

Megha
Jul 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
I know its weird... they cant find it at all... >.>

Neith
Jul 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
I haven't been charged yet either; my card is marked for an 'overseas transaction' but the actual AC money hasn't been taken yet.

Megha
Jul 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
I haven't been charged yet either; my card is marked for an 'overseas transaction' but the actual AC money hasn't been taken yet.

That makes me feel better. Do you see the pending charges, I dont see any charges and neither does my bank. I know, I know, im just anal about my money.

Malevolent215
Jul 16, 2012, 02:35 PM
A friend and I were just discussing this. We both had the same thing happen: we bought AC, the CC showed a pending Transaction, then later it disappeared and never took the funds.

I called my CC company (mastercard) and they said the charge was completely Dropped by the billing company. Meaning they never took the money. Since they dropped it, there is no reason for worry on our end, it is their problem. So basically, looks like I received 10,300 AC for free.

The sad thing is that I just told my friend how out of all the games I have paid for or paid for a subscription for in the past few years, this is the only one that I want to actually give them money lol. I am upset that I am not pitching in for further future developement. Messed up right?

I guess we will wait till next month to see if they "recharge" the transaction. If not, oh well I guess...

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2012, 02:46 PM
Strange, I've had no issues here. The charge shows up in my account statement and the money disappears basically instantly.

Sounds like your bank has some issues with foreign transactions... something's going on there.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 16, 2012, 02:48 PM
They charged me instantly. Depends on your bank.
Chase will show transactions instantly vs most banks it takes 1-3 days to show up on your account. Hence the reason I use Chase.

Transaction is "POS DEBIT E-PAYMENT SERVICE TOKYO"

Malevolent215
Jul 16, 2012, 02:56 PM
They charged me instantly. Depends on your bank.
Chase will show transactions instantly vs most banks it takes 1-3 days to show up on your account. Hence the reason I use Chase.

Mine showed up less then 15 minutes after I completed the transaction on July 4th. It showed as a "Pending Transaction". Now it is completely gone, and like I said before... MasterCard said the transaction was dropped by Sega. So basically I was not charged for it.

I have talked to a few people with this same experience. The credit card worked completely fine with no problems on our end, Sega just never took the money and then dropped the charge.

Also, Neo... if it still shows as a pending transaction then the money has yet to actually be withdrawn. It won't show up as a completed transaction till the money is taken. Is yours showing as "Pending" or complete?

Xaeris
Jul 16, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'd been having this same "problem." I knew when I bought it that it would take a while to post, but even the AC I bought on the 4th hasn't appeared on my bank statement yet. It's bizarre. I'm hoping this doesn't end in some BS shenanigans where I get hit with a bunch of charges all at once.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 16, 2012, 03:28 PM
As of right now its still pending but It can take the normal 1-2 days to process completely, The instant part is for pending charges.

Megha
Jul 16, 2012, 03:39 PM
A friend and I were just discussing this. We both had the same thing happen: we bought AC, the CC showed a pending Transaction, then later it disappeared and never took the funds.

I called my CC company (mastercard) and they said the charge was completely Dropped by the billing company. Meaning they never took the money. Since they dropped it, there is no reason for worry on our end, it is their problem. So basically, looks like I received 10,300 AC for free.

The sad thing is that I just told my friend how out of all the games I have paid for or paid for a subscription for in the past few years, this is the only one that I want to actually give them money lol. I am upset that I am not pitching in for further future developement. Messed up right?

I guess we will wait till next month to see if they "recharge" the transaction. If not, oh well I guess...

Yeah I just bought some more AC, and it shows the pending transaction, like it did prior. Hmm, I want them to take the money. Glad im not the only person.

Malevolent215
Jul 16, 2012, 03:41 PM
As of right now its still pending but It can take the normal 1-2 days to process completely, The instant part is for pending charges.

Well, let us know if it goes completely through and the money is charged, or if the transaction ends up going away and is "dropped". When I say say "completely through" I mean the amount is actually added/withdrawn from your balance on your statement/bill.

Like I said, Pending isn't complete. You might still never actually be charged for the AC, or as someone mentioned earlier, the charge might randomly show up at a later date.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 16, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'll let you all know if it goes to completed, my debit card is a Visa BTW.
I have a master card but things never really post correctly on that card.
Then again it is a PayPal bushiness card.

Kylie
Jul 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
I thought I had been charged. I just checked, and it would appear I have not. I use VISA, Chase.

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
I think someone made a thread like this before. I recall someone saying something along the lines of:

"Your bank thinks it's fraudulent charges, what with being from Japan and all, so call them and tell them that everything is fine, and that you're making the charges."

Also, I believe someone else added that if it goes on long enough, ISAO may get wise to your card not actually giving them any money, and blacklist it from making purchases. So, I would call your bank and let them know what's up.

Xaeris
Jul 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
I called my bank (Wells Fargo, Visa debit) earlier, reminded by this topic and what they told me was that Sega hadn't asked for their money yet. They did the confirmation charge, the one where a merchant charges like a dollar and gives it back to confirm it's a real card, but they haven't sent the information to obtain the payment for their AC.

They recommend I call Sega. Lulz...

Rhedrimond
Jul 16, 2012, 05:27 PM
I think someone made a thread like this before. I recall someone saying something along the lines of:

"Your bank thinks it's fraudulent charges, what with being from Japan and all, so call them and tell them that everything is fine, and that you're making the charges."

Also, I believe someone else added that if it goes on long enough, ISAO may get wise to your card not actually giving them any money, and blacklist it from making purchases. So, I would call your bank and let them know what's up.

That's spreading a bit too much fear, and not necessarily true.

Many of us, including myself, have had this issue:

1. We bought AC. It posted to our accounts immediately as a pending transaction. Usually a charge like "E-PAYMENT SERVICE TOKYO'. The funds were taken away immediately as an authorization hold. For those who just bought AC and say you're charged, this is probably where you are.

2. 4-5 days transpire, the transactions do not process fully. The pending transactions drop (disappear) and the authorization hold funds are returned. This is currently where most of us are at now, who bought AC around the 4th.

Many of us had called our banks and there is absolutely no problems on their end or our end. The fact that Sega authorized the transaction in the first place, that it cleared, and that we didn't get an error message generally means it's okay on our ends.

Sega just never contacted our banks back to get the money, or give more information. A pending transaction and an authorization hold is just a reservation saying, "Hey, save 20 bucks for us, we're taking it soon." Sega never called back to get that money, so your bank cancels the reservation and gives you the cash back.

Sega can still take it at any time, without warning. Their first authorization cleared, meaning they can get it. Even on wikipedia, it says sometimes international banks will delay charges weeks to months to get more money on the exchange rate. Since the yen is strong (at least to US dollars), they're probably waiting to process these all at once. Didn't someone in this thread say they delay it a month?

Point is, if they authorized the purchase, they'll get their money if they want it. You probably won't be blacklisted or banned, but call your bank if you're worried.

Megha
Jul 16, 2012, 06:45 PM
That's spreading a bit too much fear, and not necessarily true.

Many of us, including myself, have had this issue:

1. We bought AC. It posted to our accounts immediately as a pending transaction. Usually a charge like "E-PAYMENT SERVICE TOKYO'. The funds were taken away immediately as an authorization hold. For those who just bought AC and say you're charged, this is probably where you are.

2. 4-5 days transpire, the transactions do not process fully. The pending transactions drop (disappear) and the authorization hold funds are returned. This is currently where most of us are at now, who bought AC around the 4th.

Many of us had called our banks and there is absolutely no problems on their end or our end. The fact that Sega authorized the transaction in the first place, that it cleared, and that we didn't get an error message generally means it's okay on our ends.

Sega just never contacted our banks back to get the money, or give more information. A pending transaction and an authorization hold is just a reservation saying, "Hey, save 20 bucks for us, we're taking it soon." Sega never called back to get that money, so your bank cancels the reservation and gives you the cash back.

Sega can still take it at any time, without warning. Their first authorization cleared, meaning they can get it. Even on wikipedia, it says sometimes international banks will delay charges weeks to months to get more money on the exchange rate. Since the yen is strong (at least to US dollars), they're probably waiting to process these all at once. Didn't someone in this thread say they delay it a month?

Point is, if they authorized the purchase, they'll get their money if they want it. You probably won't be blacklisted or banned, but call your bank if you're worried.

My bank has no problems with me buying items internationally. The pending charges showed up today. But then they disappeared completed the earlier charges as mentioned earlier in this post. If they do not take out Money, i don't know how it's our faults...

GoldenFalcon
Jul 16, 2012, 06:48 PM
Mine posted as a pending charge within a few minutes of making the AC order, subtracting the amount from my balance
Will have to see if it actually goes into my statement thing

Rhedrimond
Jul 16, 2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah, by 'international banks' I meant Sega's bank and their handling of international purchases. It seems our banks do not really have an issue, considering the authorizations went through to begin with.

kantaris
Jul 16, 2012, 07:25 PM
Bought 10,000AC charged to my credit card (CRapital One) - bought it on July 5th or 6th.
Charges have not shown up on my statement as of 7/16.

I think I'll buy another 5000 once the new AC scratch items are in and see what happens :)

Blastifyys
Jul 16, 2012, 07:30 PM
yea thats strange i brought my ac with out a problem bank issues

kantaris
Jul 16, 2012, 07:31 PM
Sega may process billing at the end of the month it seems.
Will report back in 14 days.