PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 questions..

Rio-blast
Jul 16, 2012, 01:06 PM
I have a couple questions about the game.

I downloaded the game last night but wasnt able to create a character (once i was on the ship), but i read on the forums some universe are locked down. So i haven't been able to play yet.

Will i have to pay a monthly sub and purchase the game (or game key like psu) to have my room among other things or does the free version have this?

I don't mind paying a monthly fee for the extended play but i want to make sure my pc can handle this game before i go spending money is the reason i ask.

ashley50
Jul 16, 2012, 01:08 PM
Its a free to play game. OR you can pay as a premium user.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 16, 2012, 01:14 PM

I downloaded the game last night but wasnt able to create a character (once i was on the ship), but i read on the forums some universe are locked down. So i haven't been able to play yet.

Will i have to pay a monthly sub and purchase the game (or game key like psu) to have my room among other things or does the free version have this?

I don't mind paying a monthly fee for the extended play but i want to make sure my pc can handle this game before i go spending money is the reason i ask.

Download the character creator for PSO2.It has a benchmarking option so you can see how well it will handle the game.Also you can configure it all in the launcher for it and then keep benchmarking to see if it runs better. Just spend some time tweaking it.

Also all those ships will be unlocked tonight so i suggest waiting.

Rio-blast
Jul 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
Download the character creator for PSO2.It has a benchmarking option so you can see how well it will handle the game.Also you can configure it all in the launcher for it and then keep benchmarking to see if it runs better. Just spend some time tweaking it.

Also all those ships will be unlocked tonight so i suggest waiting.

Ok thanks, i will run the benchmark tonight. The video i was watching said to skip it so i didn't look into it. Thats what happens when you get in a rush i guess.^^

Rio-blast
Jul 16, 2012, 01:24 PM
Its a free to play game. OR you can pay as a premium user.

What "extra's" do you get as a premium user?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 01:32 PM
Looks like you've got a lot of questions. Allow me to direct you to a more appropriate setting.

Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866)

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 16, 2012, 01:41 PM
Looks like you've got a lot of questions. Allow me to direct you to a more appropriate setting.

Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866)

Though I would generaly agree with directing questions to answeres. This link you gave has 205 pages of random questions. That which most, wont help him with these questions he has asked

Priest
Jul 16, 2012, 01:48 PM
Though I would generaly agree with directing questions to answeres. This link you gave has 205 pages of random questions. That which most, wont help him with these questions he has asked

It's not about him having to read 205 pages of questions to find his answer. He just posts it at the end and when someone reads it they give him an answer, even if its been asked before. Its probably saved the board from being cluttered with over 100 threads already.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
What "extra's" do you get as a premium user?

Free to play, its pretty much just you and the game. YOu can play every quest, and find all the same weapons anyone else can. But you are pretty much restricted to just that. You cant trade with anyone, you cant exept a trade, you cant have a store to sell things and make more meseta, which is a big thing if you actually want to equip rares because they are expensive, and you most likely wont find the rare you are looking for. You can buy from others stores, but like I said, if you need meseta, you might have a hard time getting it because you cant acutally have your own store. You dont have your own room either.

Premium account you get a personal store, where you can sell all that you find to help fund your expensive rare purchasing habbits. You also can trade with anyone else in the game that also is premium. You also get a room, and access to a few other things.

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 16, 2012, 01:52 PM
It's not about him having to read 205 pages of questions to find his answer. He just posts it at the end and when someone reads it they give him an answer, even if its been asked before. Its probably saved the board from being cluttered with over 100 threads already.

Oh, derp... I didnt think of that. LOL. I was thinking for him to search, not ask ^^;

Skye-Fox713
Jul 16, 2012, 01:58 PM

Due to the population concentration Ships 1,2,3,4,5, and 10 were locked down to creating new characters to allow server populations to balance out across the servers. With a new official announcement they will be lifting the locks on these ships tomorrow the 17th.

No you will not have to purchase a monthly sub. As I recall the features that are premium only are My Room, Trading, and Selling Items through player shops. Premium is more or less a package of features, each one is also sold independent from eachother.

http://bumped.org/psublog/category/pso2-arks-cash-dlc/

Tooks
Jul 16, 2012, 02:05 PM
Is the premium even worth it? It works out to be about £10 a month if you buy the 90 days version, but other than giving you a shop and a pointless 'room' to idle in, what do you get? :/

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 16, 2012, 02:13 PM
Is the premium even worth it? It works out to be about £10 a month if you buy the 90 days version, but other than giving you a shop and a pointless 'room' to idle in, what do you get? :/

I would say it is. If you are looking for a certain rare, it might be very very hard to just find it. YOu might never find it, and find other types of rares your character cant use. But if you are not premium those rares you find wont do you any good cause you cant trade nor sell it. The store helps you earn the meseta you will need to buy the rares you want incase you never find them. If you are not premium it might take a very long time to save up the meseta to purchase awesome rares. Since some can cost multi millions of meseta.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 02:14 PM

Did you not click the link? Here:

"The Premium Set includes access to the Item Trader, My Shop, My Room, Premium Storage, FUN Point Boost and Premium Block. You can purchase rentals of My Shop and My Room separately."

EDIT:
I would say it is. If you are looking for a certain rare, it might be very very hard to just find it. YOu might never find it, and find other types of rares your character cant use. But if you are not premium those rares you find wont do you any good cause you cant trade nor sell it. The store helps you earn the meseta you will need to buy the rares you want incase you never find them. If you are not premium it might take a very long time to save up the meseta to purchase awesome rares. Since some can cost multi millions of meseta.

Well, owning a shop has nothing to do with Premium actually. I have a shop up right now for 30 days and I'm not on Premium. It costs 700 AC.

It's a great alternative for those who aren't willing or can't afford to dish out enough for a 30/60/90 day premium.

Tooks
Jul 16, 2012, 02:18 PM
Okay well I understand that, but is it really worth getting it while I'm at a lower level? (I'm literally not even 20 on any of the classes yet) so i can't really equip rares or find them to sell. I'm taking it that it'd be best to get premium when I can actually benefit from its features.

Also does your 'room' get saved? Like If I got 90 days worth of Premium, and after that didnt upgrade my my account again for another month after, would I have lost my room or would it save it?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 02:21 PM
Okay well I understand that, but is it really worth getting it while I'm at a lower level? (I'm literally not even 20 on any of the classes yet) so i can't really equip rares or find them to sell. I'm taking it that it'd be best to get premium when I can actually benefit from its features.

Also does your 'room' get saved? Like If I got 90 days worth of Premium, and after that didnt upgrade my my account again for another month after, would I have lost my room or would it save it?

Well, it's always nice to be able to trade with someone, regardless of level. As for the shop... you could get an early start by selling off discs you find in the field to help you earn some money early on (they vend to NPCs for 100 meseta, but you can sell them in a shop for 1,000+). As for the room, I'm not really sure, but I would assume since the room is tied to that character, it will saving the settings for it.

It would be pretty silly for them to remove everything every time your Premium ran out. There will be people that may go out of town or take a break for a month, so what happens if their Premium runs out, then they renew it when they come back and find all of their stuff gone in their room? I'm sure Sega thought ahead to prevent incidents like that from occurring.