PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 What ship are you rolling on once the locks release?

Zipzo
Jul 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
Ship 2 or 10? If you aren't re-rolling at all, this topic isn't directed at you.

Chacron
Jul 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
Well, I intend on making an alt on 10 if that counts

Zipzo
Jul 16, 2012, 02:13 PM
Well, I intend on making an alt on 10 if that counts
If you play it regularly, sure it does.

Zari
Jul 16, 2012, 02:23 PM
Well I'm going to make an alt in 2 or 10 once they unlock, still deciding which of the 2 though

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 02:32 PM
I'm contemplating creating a new alt on Ship 2 since that's where my other two are right now. I'd just feel kind of silly for creating her now even though I want her to be a boxer type and we won't be getting the Knuckles until Fall, I assume.

I really just want to go ahead and create her anyway so she'll be ready~

Kirukia
Jul 16, 2012, 03:19 PM
I haven't really decided. I do want to make a character on one of them even if it's just so I can play them later in case they lock again. I was thinking 2 because it seems to be the ship with the biggest english player base, but I've also heard bad things about ship 2.

Maybe I'll see where everyone else goes.

Shirai
Jul 16, 2012, 03:21 PM
Ship 2, that's where my friends/team members are. D;

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
Already on ship 2

MissMalice
Jul 16, 2012, 03:24 PM
http://digimind.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/number2c.png

Lyrah
Jul 16, 2012, 04:42 PM
Ship 2 isnt that bad anymore just avoid b-20 and ur good to go

Akumetsu
Jul 16, 2012, 04:53 PM
is the english community on 10 that popular? seemed like everybody who's anybody is on 2, or is it just making chars in case it starts to jump off in a different server? Also are these free chars when rolling to a diff server or are we paying for them, cuz i already plan on paying for a 2nd on 7 where i am, but if free i might put a 3rd on 2, and maybe 4th on 10 depending on when the NA version drops

Metalsnake27
Jul 16, 2012, 04:57 PM
Im staying on ship 7.

Might make a alt on ship 2 if I want to.

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 05:05 PM
May make another character on Ship 2 (CAST Ranger). Don't ever plan on going to any other ship. I see no point.

[random-thought]

Also, this is more just thinking out loud, but who started the term "rolling"? It makes no sense.

"Roll" a character means "Make" a character, right? "Reroll" means "Remake"? So why not just say "make" and "remake"? That kind of lingo is superfluous.

[/random-thought]

Kirukia
Jul 16, 2012, 05:15 PM
^Probably comes from games where the base stats of characters were random, such as rolling a die to determine stats. Reroll would be another attempt to get the desired stats.

I think I'm gonna stick with Ship 7, but I'll probably make an alt on Ship 2 once it opens up.

Laxedrane
Jul 16, 2012, 05:35 PM
May make another character on Ship 2 (CAST Ranger). Don't ever plan on going to any other ship. I see no point.

[random-thought]

Also, this is more just thinking out loud, but who started the term "rolling"? It makes no sense.

"Roll" a character means "Make" a character, right? "Reroll" means "Remake"? So why not just say "make" and "remake"? That kind of lingo is superfluous.

[/random-thought]

Rolling on or out doesn't originate in gaming. It's been us to mean a start of something usually referring to traveling. "We will be rolling out soon" is the same as saying "We will be leaving soon." Perhaps it came from major events where the red carpet is involved. "We will be rolling out the red carpet soon" probably got shortened and just generalize to mean. Someone or a group of people are going to traveling usually on display or going to be on display at their destination. Weather it be a party or an internet game where you interact with other people.

Only $19.99
Jul 16, 2012, 06:33 PM

[random-thought]

[/random-thought]

roll, meaning move...like, "let's roll out".

but i'll be on ship 2...seems where the crowd is.

BIG OLAF
Jul 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
roll, meaning move...like, "let's roll out".

Yes, I understand. I still think the phrase(s) are silly, though. I'll stick to 're/make.'

Hosaka
Jul 16, 2012, 06:40 PM
Come to ship 2, we have nice, curvy dancing girls!

Kirukia
Jul 16, 2012, 06:41 PM
Come to ship 2, we have nice, curvy dancing girls!

Can I be a curvy dancing girl?

Hosaka
Jul 16, 2012, 06:43 PM
Can I be a curvy dancing girl?

You'll have to unlock the ability through the License Board, first.

VR-Raiden
Jul 16, 2012, 09:07 PM
Question: If you already have a character on another ship, can you transfer them somehow to Ship 2, or do you have to start over and remake them?

scrangos
Jul 16, 2012, 09:23 PM

[random-thought]

[/random-thought]

The term re-roll comes from dungeons and dragons type games. You roll dice to get your character stats. It comes from pretty ancient times in gaming :p

EarnFX
Jul 16, 2012, 11:23 PM
Ship 2, finally decided to jump ships. For two reasons. 1) It is the ship with most English speaking players, 2) Most people tend to choose the first few servers, so more people to play with, bot Japanese and English.

HadouMetsu
Jul 17, 2012, 01:25 AM
Neither, Ship 06!!

Blundy
Jul 18, 2012, 01:54 AM
no respect for ship 7 hmmmm~? I see how it is!

EvilJohn
Jul 18, 2012, 04:03 AM
ill be on Ship 2 as EvilJohn

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 18, 2012, 07:32 AM
This thread was specifically made for people thinking to transfer to ship 2 or 10. Those of us that like our ships weren't exactly to start posting in this one.