PDA

View Full Version : Question about Hunter...

AlVaRo0515
Jul 16, 2012, 07:51 PM
does a hunter have anything like Weak Hit, or Weak Bullet, or similar to it?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 16, 2012, 07:52 PM
Well

Ranger buddies?

Zyrusticae
Jul 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
Haha! Nope.

But gears are superior, if you ask me. Especially sword gear! Mmmm, gotta love those tasty quick-charge attacks!

GoldenFalcon
Jul 16, 2012, 08:00 PM
Haha! Nope.

But gears are superior, if you ask me. Especially sword gear! Mmmm, gotta love those tasty quick-charge attacks!

I prefer triple hit Aeros

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 08:16 PM
Sword Gear, Step Attack, Just Guard, and Fury Stance.

Get them. Get them all.

But remember, Fury Stance isn't like Weak Bullet in its SP-effectiveness. 1 SP just won't cut it, you'll need closer to 5 to get any real meaningful gains out of it.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 08:42 PM
does a hunter have anything like Weak Hit, or Weak Bullet, or similar to it?

Yeah. It's called, "HULK SMASH!"

No, but seriously. If they had something like weak bullet, they'd be broken as hell, lol. Their raw power makes up for their lack of something like weak bullet.

Get them. Get them all.

But remember, Fury Stance isn't like Weak Bullet in its SP-effectiveness. 1 SP just won't cut it, you'll need closer to 5 to get any real meaningful gains out of it.

A. Sword Gear - Yes, get this. It will help you in ways you can't even imagine. It's truly a great skill.

B. Step Attack - Not necessary.

C. Just Guard - While it may be good by itself, you may as well go the extra mile and obtain Just Counter afterwards

D. Fury Stance - No. Just no. It's not worth it and I'll tell you why.

You dump a shit ton of SP into it before you start seeing results and even then, I can't justify the damage for the sacrifice. I have seen one too many Hunters fall against bosses because of Fury Stance. Yeah, you think that damage is good now, but wait until you get hit. I can't tell you how many people I've seen get swatted like a fly from ONE (yes, ONE) hit off a boss because they had Fury Stance, thinking the sacrifice in s-def for s-atk was worth it.

You might as well be a ticking timebomb. You'll only be useful temporarily and you're just going to waste everyone's Moons. Now, don't get me wrong. If you can Just Guard properly all the time, then you'll get the best benefits from it, but yeah... I have yet to see someone Just Guard that well (or hardly Just Guard at all for that matter).

Personally, I play it a little safer by using a couple more hits to equal that damage you'd get and not die in a hit or two if I screw up. There will be plenty of people that will go straight to suggesting Fury Stance because it increases your s-atk so much, but eh... I focused on JA Bonuses and leveling up my S-Atk passives, personally. People look at me like I'm crazy for not leveling Fury Stance, but meh. Until I see it actually be more beneficial than suicidal, I'll pass.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
If you can Just Guard properly all the time, then you'll get the best benefits from it

Why do I feel so elitist right now

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
Why do I feel so elitist right now

You should. You're one of the few. Be proud, lol.

Surely you haven't seen that many using Just Guard (especially during Fury Stance), have you? I just see people activate it and swing away. It's funny, really. They just see how long they can last by racking up as much damage as they can before they get squished.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 08:54 PM
Step attack is a vital part of my sword strategy, step attack's mobility and the sword's damage go hand in hand.

Fury Stance is fantastic, especially as a stepping stone to Just Attack Bonus 2. I very rarely die because of Fury Stance, even at just 5. Blocking, just guarding, dodging, and just having a hunter's HP make sure of that.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 08:57 PM
Step attack is a vital part of my sword strategy, step attack's mobility and the sword's damage go hand in hand.

Fury Stance is fantastic, especially as a stepping stone to Just Attack Bonus 2. I very rarely die because of Fury Stance, even at just 5. Blocking, just guarding, dodging, and just having a hunter's HP make sure of that.

I see. My strategy usually doesn't even need that because I'm swinging at groups at once and if I do have to step, they are already on the ground, so they don't have enough time to recover anyway. As for Fury Stance, I don't know... I still say there's too much at risk and not enough reward.

I could just as easily get the same damage output you're getting without sacrificing all that defense, so why should I? Seems like a waste of SP if you ask me.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
In what way can you invest the same amount of SP to get 100 S-ATK without spending SP in prereqs that don't increase your offensive capabilities.

S-ATK Up 2 needs SP in HP Up, so...

GoldenFalcon
Jul 16, 2012, 09:07 PM
Well, if you have sword gear already, 7 SP into S-Atk 1 is +40 S-Atk

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
In what way can you invest the same amount of SP to get 100 S-ATK without spending SP in prereqs that don't increase your offensive capabilities.

S-ATK Up 2 needs SP in HP Up, so...

You forget. I invested my points into my JA bonus 1 and 2 as well as S-atk 1 and 2. Those on top of my +10 Alba Claymore can do the trick. So you go ahead and keep your Fury Stance, lol.

I'll be getting about the same or more damage anyway without the decrease in defense. Like I said, it's not worth it, imo. It's the same thing I experienced back in PSU when people told me to switch from a sword to an axe because they were stronger, yet here I was still showing up beasts with axes with my JA PAs from my 50% upgraded swords.

If I say I can do the damage, I can do it. Trust me. I have ways, heh.

EDIT: I should also mention my MAG is primarily a s-atk and ability build, so there's that too.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 09:15 PM
Well, if you have sword gear already, 7 SP into S-Atk 1 is +40 S-Atk

That's right, but that doesn't really answer my question. 7 SP is more than 5, for far lower gains. If I only very rarely take hits having being unable to take 1-2 more hits doesn't really matter.

After working on a general tree with all three gears, I came to the conclusions that Just Counter is generally worthless, Wirelance Gear leaves a lot to be desired, and Partisan Gear is most rewarding when dodging is a necessity.

I decided to pool into a Sword Gear tree and came out with this.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebkbqoqxcn4QIbf

Fury stance is 100 S-ATK for 5 SP, the two JAB skills are +19% damage in either bonus S-ATK or a multiplier for damage dealt. Honestly, nobody's freaking sure. After it was determined that it does indeed apply to just attack PA's I decided to go with it, and am finding considerable success with this tree.

When they raise the SP my next steps are fury stance 10, JAB2 10, and focusing on either fury critical or S-ATK Up 10. SATKU looks like the best way to go, raising base S-ATK for weapon requirements and if I'm taking hits, it works without Fury Stance.

The thing people forget about Fury Stance is it's optional. You don't need it on all the time anymore than you need to invest any SP at all in this game. You can easily get by, effectively, without spending a single SP. You're just MORE effective if you do.

Also, step attacking to start nearly every combo means shorter travel times from this enemy to that one, starting a combo with a kick that refills PP a bit, and starting every combo with a just attack. I find this build meshes quite nicely. Not to mention, with doing the dodge to step from enemy to enemy I'm packing quite a few invulnerability frames in ordinary fighting.

You having a +10 Alba Claymore has no bearing on what your skills are. Anyone can have a +10 Alba Claymore.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 09:31 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebkbqoqxcn4QIbf

Fury stance is 100 S-ATK for 5 SP, the two JAB skills are +19% damage in either bonus S-ATK or a multiplier for damage dealt. Honestly, nobody's freaking sure. After it was determined that it does indeed apply to just attack PA's I decided to go with it, and am finding considerable success with this tree.

That doesn't look bad, but you've still got points in Fury Stance. Just Counter may seem worthless, but I can't even count the times I've used it to knock an enemy into a stun combo. If you think guarding is effective, try guarding, THEN countering. That's even better, lol.

When they raise the SP my next steps are fury stance 10, JAB2 10, and focusing on either fury critical or S-ATK Up 10. SATKU looks like the best way to go, raising base S-ATK for weapon requirements and if I'm taking hits, it works without Fury Stance.

The thing people forget about Fury Stance is it's optional. You don't need it on all the time anymore than you need to invest any SP at all in this game. You can easily get by, effectively, without spending a single SP. You're just MORE effective if you do.

Sure, Fury Stance is optional, but as soon as you activate it, the game basically turns into Gradius and you die in one hit (assuming you wouldn't bother using Fury Stance unless it's against a boss anyway). To be fair, I have seen guys take two hits when activated, but it was on a lower difficulty. I can't even imagine how you'd survive on Very Hard doing something like this, lol.

Once again, I don't see the point in sacrificing so much. Maybe I'd just have to see the difference first-hand. I've just never been fond of a "berserker" mode where your defense is shafted for offense.

Also, step attacking to start nearly every combo means shorter travel times from this enemy to that one, starting a combo with a kick that refills PP a bit, and starting every combo with a just attack. I find this build meshes quite nicely. Not to mention, with doing the dodge to step from enemy to enemy I'm packing quite a few invulnerability frames in ordinary fighting.

Oh, I know. I have Step Attack too, but I still don't find it to be absolutely necessary. A lot of your PAs are going to knock most enemies flat on their ass, so you don't even need to attack that fast or need those invincibility frames for that matter. It's just a nice bonus more than anything, but certainly not something you need to depend on in order to be effective (only speaking from experience with a sword, I don't know how it works with a partisan or anything else).

You having a +10 Alba Claymore has no bearing on what your skills are. Anyone can have a +10 Alba Claymore.

This is true, but can anyone use it the way I do? That's what will determine the difference between us as players. Sure, you can give anybody a powerful weapon, but it doesn't mean they will be effective with it.

It's sad when you're constantly doing more damage with an Alba Claymore than someone else with a Dragon Sword or Adirou simply because they aren't using Just Attacks for their normal attacks or PAs. They also don't have any viable PA combos.

So yeah, it kind of does have a bearing on your skill. I know you didn't mean the word in that manner, but it shouldn't be overlooked.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 09:34 PM
That doesn't look bad, but you've still got points in Fury Stance. Just Counter may seem worthless, but I can't even count the times I've used it to knock an enemy into a stun combo. If you think guarding is effective, try guarding, THEN countering. That's even better, lol.

Sure, Fury Stance is optional, but as soon as you activate it, the game basically turns into Gradius and you die in one hit (assuming you wouldn't bother using Fury Stance unless it's against a boss anyway). To be fair, I have seen guys take two hits when activated, but it was on a lower difficulty. I can't even imagine how you'd survive on Very Hard doing something like this, lol.

Once again, I don't see the point in sacrificing so much. Maybe I'd just have to see the difference first-hand. I've just never been fond of a "berserker" mode where your defense is shafted for offense.

Oh, I know. I have Step Attack too, but I still don't find it to be absolutely necessary. A lot of your PAs are going to knock most enemies flat on their ass, so you don't even need to attack that fast or need those invincibility frames for that matter. It's just a nice bonus more than anything, but certainly not something you need to depend on in order to be effective (only speaking from experience with a sword, I don't know how it works with a partisan or anything else).

This is true, but can anyone use it the way I do? That's what will determine the difference between us as players. Sure, you can give anybody a powerful weapon, but it doesn't mean they will be effective with it.

It's sad when you're constantly doing more damage with an Alba Claymore than someone else with a Dragon Sword or Adirou simply because they aren't using Just Attacks for their normal attacks or PAs. They also don't have any viable PA combos.

So yeah, it kind of does have a bearing on your skill. I know you didn't mean the word in that manner, but it shouldn't be overlooked.

A rebuttal

(NSFW)
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUGxY_b00Y
[/SPOILER-BOX]

edit: Okay I give up, I don't know how to make youtube videos work in spoiler boxes.

darkfalz16
Jul 16, 2012, 09:56 PM
i dont even have just guard lol 3 points into dash to get step attack JA bonus 1 10 fury stance 10 JA bonus 2 9 5 into hp 3 into guard stance 3 into S.atk and 1 sword gear. and i barely die just need to know mobs moves and when to time the dodge imo you dont even need just guard. this is my skill tree that i use http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebInqnGKcn4QIbf

Geistritter
Jul 16, 2012, 10:13 PM
You should. You're one of the few. Be proud, lol.

Surely you haven't seen that many using Just Guard (especially during Fury Stance), have you? I just see people activate it and swing away. It's funny, really. They just see how long they can last by racking up as much damage as they can before they get squished.

So your entire stance is "Don't get it because some people are retarded"? That's awful justification for not getting a useful skill.

Vylera
Jul 16, 2012, 10:40 PM
D. Fury Stance - No. Just no. It's not worth it and I'll tell you why.

You dump a shit ton of SP into it before you start seeing results and even then, I can't justify the damage for the sacrifice. I have seen one too many Hunters fall against bosses because of Fury Stance. Yeah, you think that damage is good now, but wait until you get hit. I can't tell you how many people I've seen get swatted like a fly from ONE (yes, ONE) hit off a boss because they had Fury Stance, thinking the sacrifice in s-def for s-atk was worth it.

You might as well be a ticking timebomb. You'll only be useful temporarily and you're just going to waste everyone's Moons. Now, don't get me wrong. If you can Just Guard properly all the time, then you'll get the best benefits from it, but yeah... I have yet to see someone Just Guard that well (or hardly Just Guard at all for that matter).

Personally, I play it a little safer by using a couple more hits to equal that damage you'd get and not die in a hit or two if I screw up. There will be plenty of people that will go straight to suggesting Fury Stance because it increases your s-atk so much, but eh... I focused on JA Bonuses and leveling up my S-Atk passives, personally. People look at me like I'm crazy for not leveling Fury Stance, but meh. Until I see it actually be more beneficial than suicidal, I'll pass.

Exaggeration much?

10 points into fury stance is a much more point efficient investment than getting both S-attack up passives. Even after you spend 20 SP on those (ignoring the prereqs), you're still 50 power shy of 10 points into fury stance. "Dumping points?" 10 points is "dumping?"

I don't know about other hunters, but I use and abuse fury stance because I do something called dodging in this game. There's no boss in this game that can't be easily exploited by dashing between their legs. I don't use just guard because a well positioned dash into step attack is faster. I'd get it if I needed it, but I've solo'd every boss in this game with fury stance on and no just guard.

Just guard is hardly a mandatory skill when using fury stance. It's good for people who are more comfortable with guard timing instead of dash timing. Two different ways to evade then counter, which is why they're under separate trees.

If I do get hit by something, it's usually a magic attack (namely vol dragon), and last I checked fury stance doesn't affect your t-def.

Fury stance is for hunters who know how to fight without getting hit, whatever strategy they use.

Oh and by the way, I have 300 S-def with my level 15 units that I'm too lazy to replace (lv 33) and fury stance on. The hunters you saw must have had negative S-def if they're getting one-shotted, because I don't get hit for more than 250, ever.

tl;dr - Just because you don't think it's worth it doesn't mean it isn't worth it. It just means you don't like it.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 16, 2012, 11:11 PM
So your entire stance is "Don't get it because some people are retarded"? That's awful justification for not getting a useful skill.

That wasn't my point at all. I have seen what it is capable of. "Retarded" people or not, I just don't believe it's worth it, given the risk. Simple as that.

If you can make it work, awesome. I just personally feel that others would benefit more from putting their points into something else. Who knows though. I'm only basing this off of what I have seen.

Maybe my stance will change if I try it out for myself. After all, I'm not one of the "retarded" people out there, lol.

Exaggeration much?

10 points into fury stance is a much more point efficient investment than getting both S-attack up passives. Even after you spend 20 SP on those (ignoring the prereqs), you're still 50 power shy of 10 points into fury stance. "Dumping points?" 10 points is "dumping?"

Which can be easily made up with through the MAG, units, and a weapon. So what? If that STILL doesn't do the trick (speaking hypothetically here), that's why I just pop one of these buff pills, heh. Also, don't take "dumping" to be a bad thing. That's just the term I use. I didn't mean anything negative by it :P

I always say stuff like, "I wonder what I should dump these points into?" or whatever.

I don't know about other hunters, but I use and abuse fury stance because I do something called dodging in this game. There's no boss in this game that can't be easily exploited by dashing between their legs. I don't use just guard because a well positioned dash into step attack is faster. I'd get it if I needed it, but I've solo'd every boss in this game with fury stance on and no just guard.

Yeah. I've seen other "use and abuse" it as well, which is exactly my problem with it. Unlike you, the guys I've encountered don't dodge, so I end up wasting all of my Moons bringing this guy back (well, maybe not ALL of them since some revive him before I do, but still... it's rather annoying and a waste of Moons). You can't expect everyone to know about these exploits or basics. I still see people in their 30's and even at 40 not even using Just Attacks.

Just guard is hardly a mandatory skill when using fury stance. It's good for people who are more comfortable with guard timing instead of dash timing. Two different ways to evade then counter, which is why they're under separate trees.

If I do get hit by something, it's usually a magic attack (namely vol dragon), and last I checked fury stance doesn't affect your t-def.

Fury stance is for hunters who know how to fight without getting hit, whatever strategy they use.

Just Guard should be mandatory with or without it, honestly. It's just too good to pass up and there's really no excuse for it. There is the evade, then counter option, but I like having more than one option for a counter, so I opted for the Guard Counter to be prepared for both situations.

I agree that Fury Stance is for those who know how to fight, "without getting hit", but you have to realize, you're not invincible. You will get hit at some point and it's going to hurt if that's activated. Activating Fury Stance might as well just make your character say, "Challenge accepted", lol. It's just a gimmick to make players feel like the game is challenging while rewarding them with increased s-atk.

Oh and by the way, I have 300 S-def with my level 15 units that I'm too lazy to replace (lv 33) and fury stance on. The hunters you saw must have had negative S-def if they're getting one-shotted, because I don't get hit for more than 250, ever.

That's great. I have over 300 S-def as well with units I probably should have replaced at level 20 or so and I'm level 40. I also never get hit for more than 250 either, but that's because I don't activate Fury Stance.

tl;dr - Just because you don't think it's worth it doesn't mean it isn't worth it. It just means you don't like it.

tl;dr - Just because you don't agree with my points doesn't mean I'm wrong. It just means you disagree with me. There are different builds for a reason.

gigawuts
Jul 16, 2012, 11:47 PM
You keep saying "made up by" as though you can't have both.

Which most of us clever hunters are doing.

Just Guard is a ton of fun, but it's not necessarily mandatory. That's 4 points I could have dumped into any number of damage skills, and in a way I did lose out on damage. I just really find it fun, so I don't even care.

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 12:10 AM
tl;dr - Just because you don't agree with my points doesn't mean I'm wrong. It just means you disagree with me. There are different builds for a reason.

Which is why I posted my opinion, as yours was almost in direct contradiction with what I've been doing for my hunter since level 1.

If I came off as "lol u no have fury stance u dum hunter," then excuse me, because that's hardly my intention.

I also wanted to comment on two points that aren't true regardless of how you build:

1. You don't get one-shotted using fury stance.

2. Putting points into fury stance is more efficient in terms of "SP per DPS."

You will get hit at some point and it's going to hurt if that's activated. Activating Fury Stance might as well just make your character say, "Challenge accepted", lol. It's just a gimmick to make players feel like the game is challenging while rewarding them with increased s-atk.

It takes 18 points to reach and max fury stance. It takes 31 to reach and max S-attack 1 and S-attack 2. The build paths are all about give and take. Fury stance is more point efficient, gives you more total damage, but decreases your survivability. Going for S-attack increases your damage and slightly increases your survivability, but requires a LOT more points. Those are just facts.

It's not just a gimmick to make people think the game is more challenging. It's point conservation for the sake of having more points to play with.

You want to save SP? Ok, then you better be able to deal with it.

Zyrusticae
Jul 17, 2012, 12:16 AM
I just want to note that I don't touch fury stance because I went sword gear and HATE wasting points on things I never use (and having two stances when you can't use both at once is an obviously complete waste).

Also, S-Atk for weapons. I just know the Mines gear is going to have some ridiculously high S-Atk requirements...

darkfalz16
Jul 17, 2012, 12:26 AM
even if mines gear have high s.atk requirements its cheaper and easier to get 5*'s to +10 with decent abilities, imo rares are just for looks so you dont really need high s.atk when you can just get a 5* and do good dps. i know rares grind nicely but you all know how hard they are to grind lol its just not worth the time/meseta to do

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 01:26 AM
I just want to note that I don't touch fury stance because I went sword gear and HATE wasting points on things I never use (and having two stances when you can't use both at once is an obviously complete waste).

Also, S-Atk for weapons. I just know the Mines gear is going to have some ridiculously high S-Atk requirements...

I take it you walk around full time gimping your offense so you can take 2 more hits, even though you very rarely take any in the first place.

Or maybe you do take hits I don't know, who am I to say.

Mikura
Jul 17, 2012, 01:43 AM
I just want to add that even though Fury Stance makes you EXTREMELY squishy, it'll at least force your hand to learn how to guard and dodge effectively as a hunter.

So far, I've gone full time Fury Stance like every other hunter, but down the road, I think I will get an extra tree and go the passive S-atk route and see how that pans out.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 01:55 AM
Hunters are going to have like 100 more S-Def than other classes naturally, their gear will tend to have more S-Def, and if you build your mag towards S-Def in order to equip better armor- you see where I'm going with this.

Your biggest threats are always ranged attacks and techs, which Fury Stance does not affect in the slightest, so if you're getting one-shotted with the buff up, you'd get one-shotted regardless.

Hansha
Jul 17, 2012, 03:04 AM
Fury Stance is too risky. Hunters only have like 600 hp, so they can get killed in 4 hits while using it!! -_-
Right now the only way I possibly die as hunter is getting comboed by multiple bosses or jumped on by a large boss (usually i try to Just Guard but i guess sometimes they jump a little over me and that forces me to somehow block the wrong direction) and getting triple hit from that same jump. I tend to Just Guard everything because it's too fun and ridiculous.
The game isn't exactly difficult to the point where defense is absolutely important. Using Fury Stance makes your S-Def drop to 'still higher than ranger S-Def' levels. I don't see that as a terrible loss considering we can still Just Guard, Dodge, Heal, etc. And of course, why would you need defense in parties since everything is dying before they can attack and all enemies are stunlocked?

Oh yeah, Step Attack is actually really good, especially with sword. Its faster than a normal sword swing, and it can be used to JA your first PA with.any weapon. It is a little bit weaker than a regular attack but its great for having more tools.

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 03:23 AM

The S-attack from the tree doesn't apply to your ability to equip.

Notice the difference in kanji between the S-attack your mag gives you and the S-attack in the skill tree.

EDIT:

打撃力 <- what you get from skill trees

打撃系 <- determines what you can equip

打撃系 increases 打撃力, but the vice versa doesn't apply.

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2012, 03:32 AM
I like fury stance. It make me feel like I'm playing a hard game. I keep it up all the time to give me more motivation to dodge attacks and learn enemy moves. Is it worth the damage if you're that much squishier while playing the class which gets hit the most? Iunno. I just like the difficulty boost.

Really makes me wonder, though. If I were to specialize in swords, I'd probably max out Defense Stance and see how well I can tank everything. But, I just can't see a place for that stance. Is warcry any good? If so, seems like you could use it to gather mobs to AoE down.

Oh. This thread is about fun things that hunters get, such as weak shot for ranger. Um... Just stances (which aren't that neat) and gears, pretty much. Maybe the guard skills too, if you bother guarding.

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 03:50 AM

Notice the difference in kanji between the S-attack your mag gives you and the S-attack in the skill tree.

EDIT:

I knew some things didn't raise the base stat, but I didn't know what the difference was. Thanks for the clarification.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:57 AM
Really makes me wonder, though. If I were to specialize in swords, I'd probably max out Defense Stance and see how well I can tank everything. But, I just can't see a place for that stance.

Well it's good for learning without being punished quite as hard as if your're in fury stance. But the only times I really use it are when something crazy happens like I'm soloing free desert and 2 el ardas/2 breeadas decide to spawn and I get hit from every direction. X_x

JeyKama
Jul 17, 2012, 04:10 AM

EDIT:

Say what, I don't play hunter but that's not true at all of ranger and force.

系 just means 'type'. It's used in reference to mags because attack/defense are combined for the purpose of determing their evolution.

Hunter weapons work off of 打撃力, which is identical to what your mag gives you as well as what your skill tree should give you in 打撃アップ1 and 2. Both skill tree stat ups and mag stats will contribute to gear reqs.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 04:30 AM
Yeah dude, skill tree definitely goes towards gear requirements

Easy enough to test, look at your class's weapon before and after taking a point in your attack stat skill. Or make a new account, roll Force, skip tutorial, and put your point into T-Atk Up.

Sakarisei
Jul 17, 2012, 04:34 AM
I personally prefer Guard Stance at max lvl. Sacrifying 100 s-atk for 200 s-def is not important!

Most people who have played with me was surprised when for example, pantheras couldn't cause me more than 60 dmg while striking attacks (Excepting crits which is... perhaps 75, 80 or an unlucky moment, 90). Fury stance is nice, but i don't reccomend for soloing unless you're a very good player for killing bosses solo.

And yes, you can see videos of soloing pantheras with fury stance. However, most fury stance players dies near instantly.

Greetings.

Lostbob117
Jul 17, 2012, 04:51 AM

Get them. Get them all.

How bout 10? http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebIoqnGXfGDIbf :)

Ranmaru
Jul 17, 2012, 05:27 AM
To me, fury stance is an advanced skill that shouldn't be taken lightly, not a bad skill. Hunters look for attack, so don't blame them for taking a risk. If you want to go the safe route, that is fine.

Although, since hunters are melee fighters, i would agree on the safe route. Thing is, you can't hide behind others as a fury hunter, so maybe it can be counter intuitive.

I am a gunblade user, so i don't use guard as much. I use step attack though. Very helpful for gap closers, and dodging.

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 05:29 AM
If you want safety try ranger?

Unless you're looking purely to take hits, in which case I guess guard stance is good. It won't help you much against the new vader boss though.

(Your safety is in being able to choose when to become invulnerable with dash. It doesn't get much safer than that.)

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 05:33 AM
However, most fury stance players dies near instantly.
I don't... You can make up for lowered defense with good hp and gear. As others have said, it only lowers S-defense. likewise guard stane only raises S-def, which means if an enemy is primarily using something else (i.e. those robots in the desert) it's not going to make a difference.

That said I use both. My build is probably horrible from a minmaxing standpoint.

Ranmaru
Jul 17, 2012, 05:39 AM
If you want safety try ranger?

Unless you're looking purely to take hits, in which case I guess guard stance is good. It won't help you much against the new vader boss though.

(Your safety is in being able to choose when to become invulnerable with dash. It doesn't get much safer than that.)

Not that safe. ;) when i mean safe, safer than getting one shotted while being up close.

But now that i think about it, hunters arent rangers or some midrange class, so i think fury stance should be used along with dodge/guard etc.

I also prefer hu and fo over ra because they are funner to me. Hunter for being in the fray.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 05:47 AM
i think fury stance should be used along with dodge/guard etc.Precisely~ Dodging and Just Guarding completely negate damage, so the -defense doesn't really mean anything. Especially not in fights against a single boss or something.