PDA

View Full Version : Is Ship 2 normally this.. EMPTY? D:

Fabtea
Jul 16, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hiya, this is a question for you ppl who are on boat 2, is ur boat blocks usually this empty? where only 2 of them are full and the others barely reaching 1/10 of the bar?

Because i always thought the boats that were blocked were highly populated.. Then again i wouldnt be surprised if all the japanese migrated to other channels after the big incident.

fay
Jul 16, 2012, 08:04 PM
That is a really racist word to use :/

Xaeris
The servers were down for maintenance and came back up about a half hour ago. People are still getting back on.'

And maybe don't call them Japs.

Mag-X
It's still early morning on a Monday Tuesday in Japan, and the servers were down for maintenance just a little bit ago.

Metalsnake27
Jul 16, 2012, 08:05 PM
First off, the game just went back up 30 minutes ago. Secondly, much more people were making new character on the unlocked ships, so actually, the unlocked ships have WAY more JPN players than the other ones.

Also, it's only 10:00 am in Japan atm..

Ship 2 just has the most english players on Block 20.

Also yes, as other people said, DO NOT say Japs.

Squall179
Jul 16, 2012, 08:14 PM
aaaaand yet all of you are now saying it too. Just for the love of god don't.......chop out parts of the word Japanese and call them that, its been racist since people started using it almost a century ago.

EarnFX
Jul 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
What's wrong with saying Japs? Let the guy say whatever he wants. It's only racist if you're fussing over it.

Polly
Jul 16, 2012, 09:04 PM
What's wrong with saying Japs? Let the guy say whatever he wants. It's only racist if you're fussing over it.

Oh! So that's how racial slurs work. Who'da thunk it?

Whit
Jul 16, 2012, 09:05 PM

Bean.

Yexes
Jul 16, 2012, 09:17 PM
What's wrong with the Japs? I like the Japs

Guru53
Jul 16, 2012, 09:22 PM
Oh! So that's how racial slurs work. Who'da thunk it?

Well the intent of the speaker is certainly important in determining the meaning. Words that have racist meanings or connotations aren't necessarily used with that intention. The term "japs" originates from American soldiers using it in WWII. It's easy to see why the term is perhaps more loosely used these days because the United States and Japan are not at war and have a very strong relationship. Racial slurs and profanities go in an out of style in a way and I think well intentioned people may use the slur "japs" because it is an easy abbreviation for the Japanese people. It certainly might still offend some people, but you might as well look at the context of its use before brandishing the torches and pitchforks for a word.