PDA

View Full Version : Bikinis in the next update!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Laguna
Jul 17, 2012, 01:23 AM
This next update is gonna have bikinis! I have to admit, I'm hyped for AVATAR CLOTHING, but still... omg

The only rant I have about this is the inconvenience of the Gold Scratch just to get them without paying over 300k... I'm just gonna buy this thing off the AH.

And just a tip for you newcomers, if you do plan on buying this from the AH, do not buy it on the first day.

You. Will. Regret. It.

WHO ELSE IS GONNA BE ROCKING OUT THERE BIKINIS? :nerd:

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Bikini-Costumes-450x253.jpg

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 01:25 AM
I think this is a shame. I'd much rather play with people who aren't mostly naked all the time.

I don't see the appeal at all. Like... YAY, I get to make my character be kinda nude!

How does one enjoy something like that? It's just weird.

Rika-chan
Jul 17, 2012, 01:26 AM
Most likely not.

Laguna
I think this is a shame. I'd much rather play with people who aren't mostly naked all the time.

I don't see the appeal at all. Like... YAY, I get to make my character be kinda nude!

I WILL SLASH ENEMIES NAKED ALL I WANT!

Priest
And the males are still left with nothing. Not even speedos. I am sad.

Heat Haze
Jul 17, 2012, 01:30 AM
The prices for these things will be astronomical.
More meseta for less cloth? I don't even.

I'll stick to Echo's Outfit.

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 01:32 AM
Can someone please explain to me the appeal of this, other than creeps getting to stare at some pixel-ass?

Rika-chan
Jul 17, 2012, 01:33 AM
Yes please. I don't understand why people like bikinis so much

Sinue_v2

Could be worse... you could actually get what you wish for.

[spoiler-box]
http://sites.google.com/site/twayninja/files-1/Crouchmankini.png
[/spoiler-box]

gravityvx

I agree, almost as retarded as watching everyone running around fighting in wedding dresses. But, to each their own.

Laguna
Jul 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
You guys are all just party-poopers!

mctastee
Jul 17, 2012, 01:39 AM
Can someone please explain to me the appeal of this, other than creeps getting to stare at some pixel-ass?
What you just described pretty much is the appeal.

gravityvx
Jul 17, 2012, 01:39 AM
You guys are all just party-poopers!

I haven't pooped on any party. :(

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 01:40 AM
I apologize for pooping all over your topic, but the whole bikini thing has always irked me.

I suppose if there were a quest similar to Festivity On The Beach from PSO1, it would make sense... but just being almost naked for the sake of being almost naked?

Well, I don't get it x:

Dokudoku
Jul 17, 2012, 01:47 AM
You sure bikinis come out after the Wednesday update? I thought the only new clothes were yukatas and some other stuff, bikinis to be added later.

Mikura
Jul 17, 2012, 01:50 AM
I apologize for pooping all over your topic, but the whole bikini thing has always irked me.

I suppose if there were a quest similar to Festivity On The Beach from PSO1, it would make sense... but just being almost naked for the sake of being almost naked?

Well, I don't get it x:

Considering they're releasing the bikinis during the summer, it makes sense to me. And they had swimwear in PSU as well, so to me, it doesn't seem out of place at all.

Personally, I'll be sporting one if I can afford it. At least until the novelty wears off. :3

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 17, 2012, 01:51 AM
I'll wear the bikini, just to look stupid. (If I can get it for 100,000 though.)

It's what I'm best at, you know.

And get ready to see big people in bikinis, it's gonna happen

ShadowDragon28
Jul 17, 2012, 01:57 AM
I'd rather they add far more Male Human Hunter male Force outfit color varients. I pray they will add in a charcoal Black with dark black or grey trim with orange trace-line highlights resembling the old black and grey HUMAR suit ASAP *sigh*

Im refering to this suit:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ShadowDragon28/pso1313567378.jpg

what the the frack to put to put in spoiler buttons?

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 01:59 AM
Oh look at me, I'm so mature and asexual, everyone around me is such lowlife scum enjoying their depraved tripe.

Get over yourself. Let the people have their fun and bouncy boobies.

Ark22
Jul 17, 2012, 02:04 AM
Not until I see some speedos and trunks.

Halcyote
Jul 17, 2012, 02:04 AM
Oh look at me, I'm so mature and asexual, everyone around me is such lowlife scum enjoying their depraved tripe.

Get over yourself. Let the people have their fun and bouncy boobies.
sega is denying me my fun by not having bouncing male parts.

so get over yourself.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 17, 2012, 02:05 AM

Don't be so sure about that. We only have that one screenshot of the update so far. What the males get is unknown right now.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 02:06 AM
I agree, almost as retarded as watching everyone running around fighting in wedding dresses. But, to each their own.

But not as retarded as having an obnoxious character name.

But, y'know, to each their own.

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2012, 02:10 AM

If you need the appeal of scantily clad women explained to you, I'm not sure you're old enough to have registered an account here.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 02:11 AM
If you need the appeal of scantily clad women explained to you, I'm not sure you're old enough to have registered an account here.

inb4 'LOL BUT THEY'RE NOT REAL GET A GURLFRIEDN FGT.'

Enforcer MKV
Jul 17, 2012, 02:18 AM
Eh, just leave it alone, Scotty. They just like staring at virtual characters in bikinis. It's that simple. Just don't try and argue your side anymore, they'll just rip into you more and call you a prude. :/

gravityvx
Jul 17, 2012, 02:19 AM
But not as retarded as having an obnoxious character name.

But, y'know, to each their own.

Yeah BIG OLAF is in all caps, pretty obnoxious. See, I can whine about a name also, but why would I, I'm not some angry kid that gets irritated at the slightest crap. Don't go starting shit you can't finish bro. :) Keep your childish bs in that other thread and no harm done. Don't need you stalking my posts, repeating the same thing every time you see me.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 17, 2012, 02:21 AM
You're sounding like some angry kid I know
But that's a story for another time

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 02:24 AM
inb4 'LOL BUT THEY'RE NOT REAL GET A GURLFRIEDN FGT.'

Not gonna go that far, but no, I don't get any pleasure from seeing CGI bums n tits. Just does nothing for me, and I don't get why it would. So yes, I guess I do need the appeal of virtual, scantily clad women explained to me.

But that's not the thing, really. The whole idea just doesn't fit for me. 'A powerful, evil presence is threatening our very existence! Throughout your quest you'll see many amazing places, and battle many fierce foes... ALL AWHILE WEARING A BIKINI!!! ;DDDD'

wat. It's just silly to me... seems shallow.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 02:26 AM
It's just silly to me... That's the appeal to me. I enjoy silly things. I have to admit I'm more fond of onepieces though. :/

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 02:26 AM
Yeah BIG OLAF is in all caps, pretty obnoxious. See, I can whine about a name also, but why would I, I'm not some angry kid that gets irritated at the slightest crap. Don't go starting shit you can't finish bro. :) Keep your childish bs in that other thread and no harm done. Don't need you stalking my posts, repeating the same thing every time you see me.

"Stalking" someone = replying to them twice on two separate occasions.

The more you know.

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2012, 02:28 AM
Not gonna go that far, but no, I don't get any pleasure from seeing CGI bums n tits. Just does nothing for me, and I don't get why it would. So yes, I guess I do need the appeal of virtual, scantily clad women explained to me.

Very well. I will oblige.

Art is a language by which we represent real world concepts and ideas with symbols. No one scoffs at the idea of seeing a human face in the grill of a car, or elaborate scenes in the clouds. The mind is what gives stimulus meaning. The stimulus, what's being perceived is not what's sexy: ideas are sexy and art uses symbols to represent those ideas.

It's really not that difficult a concept.

Mikura
Jul 17, 2012, 02:30 AM

But that's not the thing, really. The whole idea just doesn't fit for me. 'A powerful, evil presence is threatening our very existence! Throughout your quest you'll see many amazing places, and battle many fierce foes... ALL AWHILE WEARING A BIKINI!!! ;DDDD'

It's meant to be silly. That's the point. Have fun with it I say! For those that can anyway. If it's not your cup of tea, you're welcome to keep your clothes on. The rest of us will just be getting our bronze going.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 02:32 AM
I'll wear the bikini, just to look stupid. (If I can get it for 100,000 though.)

It's what I'm best at, you know.

And get ready to see big people in bikinis, it's gonna happen

Goddammit. Sexysluttybitch is going to get one, isn't she? You just had to say it, didn't you?!

I swear, if we meet in-game, I'm taking your head. omg. DO NOT WANT -__________-

On a more serious note though, guys. If people want to run around in wedding dresses, let them. If people want to run around in bikinis, let them. You bitching and moaning about it isn't going to change their mind, so why are you even bothering to complain about it?

Complaining about a character's appearance is about as productive as complaining about someone putting their name in all caps. We're all free to enjoy this game any way we wish as long as our actions don't infringe on the enjoyment of other players. I'm talking about a game breaking mechanic here, not a fucking swimsuit. Now grow the hell up, guys (you know who you are).

Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt here, but... BIG OLAF isn't even his character's name.

Joke's on you, bro. Stay classy.

gravityvx
"Stalking" someone = replying to them twice on two separate occasions.

The more you know.

Reading comprehension, never said you were stalking me. I said don't need you stalking me. Hence the keep your childish behavior about a name in the other thread, and not bringing it up anymore when you see fit to.

The more you know.

ScottyMango
That's the appeal to me. I enjoy silly things. I have to admit I'm more fond of onepieces though. :/

See, I get that. That makes sense. If you like to have a laugh that kinda thing, then I understand you. It's not my way to play, personally, but I can see what you're saying.

However, a lot of it seems like "OMG yay virtual boobs FINALLY :D", along with a bunch of other weird reasoning that I just can't understand.

@Xaeris: Okay, I understand about the idea/concept being the key part here, but that said, it does nothing for me personally.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 02:34 AM
Reading comprehension, never said you were stalking me. I said don't need you stalking me. Hence the keep your childish behavior about a name in the other thread, and not bringing it up anymore when you see fit to.

The more you know.

YeAh, I'm ToTaLlY bEiNg ChIlDiSh RiGhT nOw. I aPoLoGiZe.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 02:35 AM
never said you were stalking me.

I said don't need you stalking me.

Wait... what? Wouldn't that, you know... kind of, oh, I don't know... imply that he was stalking you?

Reading comprehension

You have the nerve to speak of, "reading comprehension" when you can't even decipher your own posts? Lol k.

The more you know.

Now that we know how much he knows, I'm interested to find out how much it is exactly that you know.

gravityvx
Jul 17, 2012, 02:36 AM
Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt here, but... BIG OLAF isn't even his character's name.

I know that's not his name, I was pointing out how childish what he was doing was. So jokes on you.

Scrub
Jul 17, 2012, 02:38 AM
YeAh, I'm ToTaLlY bEiNg ChIlDiSh RiGhT nOw. I aPoLoGiZe.

http://i.imgur.com/FHWX7.gif

Isn't EVERYONE in this thread being a little dumb right now?

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 02:39 AM
That is probably the most odd gifs I have ever seen.

Kondibon
However, a lot of it seems like "OMG yay virtual boobs FINALLY :D", along with a bunch of other weird reasoning that I just can't understand.I'm on the bridge about that. I see nothing wrong or unusual about finding virtual characters attractive. I love the "feminine figure" idealized or otherwise and giving our characters a way to flaunt that makes me giddy inside (So does Ragne crashing a beach party... but that's just me). It makes me a little sad I made a loli.

TetsuyaHikari
I know that's not his name, I was pointing out how childish what he was doing was. So jokes on you.

Yeah... sure you were, guy. Well, I hate to pull a 5th grade retort here, but... take's one to know one. You want to sit here and call people, "childish", but all you've been doing is whining like a little girl that just dropped her ice cream.

Jesus. Grow the hell up. Replying back to posts you deem to be, "childish" doesn't make you look any more mature (or less childish for that matter). Now me? I'm only replying back to point out how much of an idiot you are making yourself out to be and advising you to stop before you dig that hole of yours any deeper.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 02:40 AM
Isn't EVERYONE in this thread being a little dumb right now?Only a little? I'm sure I'm more than a little dumb. D:

EDIT: Wasn't this thread about bikinis on the last page? Not peoples' maturity?

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 02:40 AM
You're all kinda doing the same thing.

MAYBE, just maybe... move on!

gravityvx
Jul 17, 2012, 02:42 AM
Wait... what? Wouldn't that, you know... kind of, oh, I don't know... imply that he was stalking you?

You have the nerve to speak of, "reading comprehension" when you can't even decipher your own posts? Lol k.

Now that we know how much he knows, I'm interested to find out how much it is exactly that you know.

No, that would imply that I don't need him to start. Since he carried over from another thread that I paid no mind to until it was brought back up again. Understand this now? And for the record saber, this is dizzy you're talking to you might wanna tone it down a bit.

Scrub
Jul 17, 2012, 02:43 AM
~UNIRONIC SEMANTICS ARGUMENT ALERT IN FULL EFFECT~

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 02:44 AM
No, that would imply that I don't need him to start. Since he carried over from another thread that I paid no mind to until it was brought back up again. Understand this now? And for the record saber, this is dizzy you're talking to you might wanna tone it down a bit.

Dizzy? I don't care who the hell you are, lol. You act like a jackass, I'm going to call you on it. If you think you can just spout nonsense wherever you go without taking responsibility for those words, I guess you better re-think your gameplan :P

I understood perfectly well what was going on. I certainly didn't need you of all people trying to explain it to me, lol.

You're all kinda doing the same thing.

MAYBE, just maybe... move on!

Yeah, only some of us are doing it right.

[spoiler-box]http://slices-of-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/all-your-base-are-belong-to-us-internet-meme1.png[/spoiler-box]

I'm out. Enjoy the bikinis!

Meji
Jul 17, 2012, 02:45 AM
Personally, I love the idea. This shows that SEGA really cares about events and such. It will also rush the PSO market economy a little.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 02:51 AM
As much as I'd prefer a onepiece I'm probably gonna get a bikini just for the novelty... then only wear it with an afro and shades while doing hardmode city runs. Like a boss. 8)

gravityvx
Jul 17, 2012, 02:54 AM
Dizzy? I don't care who the hell you are, lol. You act like a jackass, I'm going to call you on it. If you think you can just spout nonsense wherever you go without taking responsibility for those words, I guess you better re-think your gameplan :P

That's fine, one less friend on my list I guess. But let me get this straight, I'm a jackass for telling some random guy to chill out with insulting me again, and leaving his childish bs in the already buried thread? Right, gotcha.

XionAsuka
Jul 17, 2012, 02:55 AM
Barring the fact I don't have alot of posts and am essentially a nobody here, my two cents.

... Who gives a damn? They're just outfits, and it's just a game. I'd like to think the vast majority of us are grown up to the point where we can see clothes like this and go 'Eh', or at least not break down into an angry mob.

Do I like them? For a stereotypical guy answer, yes. Because girls in bikini's = instant win to me.

For a serious answer, yes. There're people out there who love collecting clothing, either to just have them, or to wear them on special occasions, or any other reason. It'd be swell if some of you kinda grew past the dislike and learn to just shrug it off... Now, if they start doing funny things with them, well that's going a step too far.

Also, I echo Kondibon's thoughts. Onepieces are <3 for me.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 17, 2012, 02:56 AM
That's fine, one less friend on my list I guess. But let me get this straight, I'm a jackass for telling some random guy to chill out with insulting me again, and leaving his childish bs in the already buried thread? Right, gotcha.

Disregarding who's in the right and wrong here, the sooner you stop replying to them, the sooner they go away.

Just some friendly advice. I know it's hard to not retort sometimes, but it's usually better in the long run.

Coatl
Jul 17, 2012, 02:58 AM
I'm more interested in Furie's outfit than bikini's but..
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:06 AM

If I main'd my cast I'd be more excited about that.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 03:09 AM
I want Matoi's dress~

Enforcer MKV
Jul 17, 2012, 03:09 AM

If wanted to re-roll Caseal the instant I laid eyes on Furie's outfit. Then I remembered the Colossus set, and I had to fight myself. Wasn't pretty. :-P

SaiKo
Jul 17, 2012, 03:10 AM
Give people a toggle to disable the rendering of 'party outfits'.
Problem solved.

That way if you want to have fun with the gawdy/goofy/bizarre outfits, you can.
If you don't want to see Rappies, brides, Pink tuxedos, and bikini-babes everywhere, you don't have to.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 17, 2012, 03:15 AM

Not really. I like Furie's outfit too. Gives fembots something (relatively) bulky they can wear.

I'm too busy wondering what the men are getting to worry about animu wimmin in bikinis, 'specially since that's pretty much a given in a summer-themed update. Also, because there's a chance that dressing Maz in swimwear would probably be illegal if they take the speedo route.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:16 AM
Not really. I like Furie's outfit too. Gives fembots something (relatively) bulky they can wear.

I'm too busy wondering what the men are getting to worry about animu wimmin in bikinis, 'specially since that's pretty much a given in a summer-themed update.

It has to be speedos or I won't be satisfied.

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 03:19 AM
Saving my money for yukata & kimono.

Traditional Japanese clothing ftw.

relevance
Jul 17, 2012, 03:23 AM
yay for bikinis! i mean, males gonna be males right? why the hate?

sadly, my avatar is male, and i certainly won't be buying any swimwear for males!:-P

Coatl
Jul 17, 2012, 03:25 AM
They'll just give the men swimming trunks.
Yeah, didn't think of THAT did you? >:c

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:26 AM
Saving my money for yukata & kimono.

Traditional Japanese clothing ftw.
They aren't very traditional looking. But yes, I want one too, in fact I want one way more than a bikini. But I figure by the time those come out I'll have enough money. Haha...ha... orz

yay for bikinis! i mean, males gonna be males right? why the hate?

sadly, my avatar is male, and i certainly won't be buying any swimwear for males!:-P
I don't think it has anything to do with being a guy. You shouldn't use your gender as an excuse to be a perv. I have nothing against that specifically, only your justification for it.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 17, 2012, 03:27 AM
They'll just give the men swimming trunks.
Yeah, didn't think of THAT did you? >:c

I was thinking that, but they could always throw a curve ball at us and give them speedos.

I don't think it has anything to do with being a guy. You should use your gender as an excuse to be a perv. I have nothing against that specifically, only your justification for it.Um... reverse psychology FTW?

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:29 AM
I was thinking that, but they could always throw a curve ball at us and give them speedos.

Um... reverse psychology FTW?SHHHHHHHHHHH you didn't see that!

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 17, 2012, 04:11 AM
So you guys are sure it's coming tomorrow. I thought it said after festival update in a previous post >_>

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 04:15 AM
So you guys are sure it's coming tomorrow. I thought it said after festival update in a previous post >_>

Bikinis aren't until next update. New outfits for females in this update are the summer yukata and Tiger Pierce.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 06:12 AM
Not sure if said already, but, it won't be coming out today
In-game, the wedding scratch says it changes August 1st. That ought to be when

Patmaster
Jul 17, 2012, 06:25 AM
Well at least bikins aren't that visually annoying as rappy costumes are... -_-*

Uncle_bob
Jul 17, 2012, 06:41 AM
Still too reminiscent of PSU :disapprove:

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 06:43 AM

Almost the entirety of the game is reminiscent of the "Universe" series, namely PSP2/i. Why is this particular thing surprising?

Darki
Jul 17, 2012, 07:04 AM

Boooooh not PSU in mah PSO /cry

Be happy that they decided to pick a character customization and battle system more akin to PSU than PSO, because if they hadn't this game would probably have to change its genre to "Massive Multiplayer Online "Non-Action Boring-As-Fuck" Game.

Demon-
Jul 17, 2012, 07:05 AM
No this is not like PSU... this game is actually good.

Darki
Jul 17, 2012, 07:07 AM
No this is not like PSU... this game is actually good.

Hopefully it's not like PSO either, or else it wouldn't be good.

texhnolyze
Jul 17, 2012, 07:14 AM
i love these seasonal costume :D
i hope they'll release them on a monthly basis or so

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 17, 2012, 07:52 AM

I agree, in the past, I would collect the outfits like these, special event ones, and only wear them at the appropriate time.

"great mission guys, lets relax at these hot springs and chat" is a great example.

Windadept
Jul 17, 2012, 08:06 AM
I believe all the people who are complaining, and then people who are complaining about complaining about the cleavage, exposure, etc. are forgetting about one very important thing:
Sega Japan ARE NOT CATERING TO YOU! They don't give a hoot about what you people think!
When it's released in NA and Europe, you can go complain about it.
But right now, if you're so narrow minded you can't understand or simply accept a different culture as is, you shouldn't be playing this version.

Uncle_bob
Jul 17, 2012, 08:24 AM
Almost the entirety of the game is reminiscent of the "Universe" series, namely PSP2/i. Why is this particular thing surprising?

I should have been specific. Too reminiscent of PSU's awful clothing options, at least for female characters. I hope bikinis and other goofy skimpy clothing options don't over-saturate the game again.

Boooooh not PSU in mah PSO /cry

Be happy that they decided to pick a character customization and battle system more akin to PSU than PSO, because if they hadn't this game would probably have to change its genre to "Massive Multiplayer Online "Non-Action Boring-As-Fuck" Game.

There is no need to get angry.

Squall179
Jul 17, 2012, 08:59 AM
Well at least bikins aren't that visually annoying as rappy costumes are... -_-*

Have you.....seen those at any form of range in a lobby?

SOmeone was idling with it......it was....well.......I look up from talking to a friend, and see it

It's looking right at me.

Damned creepy.

Zyrusticae
Jul 17, 2012, 09:51 AM
I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but right now the bikini is the ONLY OUTFIT THAT ACTUALLY EXPOSES THE ENTIRE MIDRIFF!

Until they release an outfit that doesn't cover the midriff with annoying doohickeys (seriously, wtf do they have to have straps on the Hunewearl outfit!?), it's all I've got, so you guys get to deal with it.

I want to show off them abs, dammit, and I'll do it using whatever the hell they give me!

I believe all the people who are complaining, and then people who are complaining about complaining about the cleavage, exposure, etc. are forgetting about one very important thing:
Sega Japan ARE NOT CATERING TO YOU! They don't give a hoot about what you people think!
When it's released in NA and Europe, you can go complain about it.
But right now, if you're so narrow minded you can't understand or simply accept a different culture as is, you shouldn't be playing this version.
Psh, it's not even a cultural thing, Western games are chock-full of this kind of thing as well (but even worse, because all female characters, with very rare exceptions, are forced to have large knockers because apparently flat-chested women do not exist in the West or something).

I get the impression some of the complainers are a little too focused on the people behind the characters. Not really your business who's enjoying this sort of thing, y'know.

Geistritter
Jul 17, 2012, 09:53 AM
If there was one thing I was hoping they were going to leave out of PSU, it was the damned bikinis. Ugh.

...Also, a lot of the input in this topic is genuinely disturbing.

Zyrusticae
Jul 17, 2012, 09:55 AM
If there was one thing I was hoping they were going to leave out of PSU, it was the damned bikinis. Ugh.

...Also, a lot of the input in this topic is genuinely disturbing.
Yes, you're right. It is genuinely disturbing how so many people are utterly incapable of letting others be for enjoying a little virtual skin. :-?

Geistritter
Jul 17, 2012, 09:57 AM
Happy to be of service, then.

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 09:58 AM
Because it totally matters how much "skin" my polygon model is baring. I'm getting one because they're fun, and I'm really hoping guys get swimwear too.

Video games: Where I can wear whatever the hell I want without fear of labels, criticism, and abuse! It's so magical.

I want to show off them abs, dammit, and I'll do it using whatever the hell they give me!
We're so totally e-sluts now! :D

Geistritter
Jul 17, 2012, 09:59 AM
Video games: Where I can wear whatever the hell I want without fear of labels, criticism, and abuse! It's so magical.

You can't do anything on the face of this planet without being subject to criticism by someone else, for better or worse.

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 10:02 AM
Still don't understand the fascination with this x:

it's just a bikini.

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 10:03 AM
You can't do anything on the face of this planet without being subject to criticism by someone else, for better or worse.
Fair point, but over the Internet I can sit and laugh at it and I don't have to be afraid of it becoming abusive.

Geistritter
Jul 17, 2012, 10:05 AM
...You can't really avoid that happening either.

It's easier to get away from once it's in progress on the internet, though.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 10:08 AM
Predictable bickering over how someone elses character looks aside...

(Why don't you actually make some goddamn friends and lower your polygon count, then you'll only be able to load like 1 person outside of your party. Your uptight problems are all solved.)

No Banana Hammocks? Or what?

Geistritter
Jul 17, 2012, 10:09 AM
...Why on earth would you spoiler that.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 10:11 AM

Because enlightenment YOU MUST LOOK FOR!

Are you questioning my ways...??

You must not know not to question my ways!

PhantasmalCat
Jul 17, 2012, 10:11 AM

You sir have my respect.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 10:13 AM

Yeah, that's right!

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 10:14 AM

No seriously I don't know why but something tells me I should want to hit you for questioning that. e_e

I'll think about it later.

Geistritter
Jul 17, 2012, 10:16 AM
Wanting to hit someone for asking why you'd pointlessly blank out something that had no meaning or need to be dug up in the first place is somehow even more incomprehensible than blanking it out in the first place. Let it not be said you don't exceed expectations, sir.

Jakosifer
Jul 17, 2012, 10:17 AM
I wanna see some fat bitches wearing em.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 10:17 AM
Wanting to hit someone for asking why you'd pointlessly blank out something that had no meaning or need to be dug up in the first place is somehow even more incomprehensible than blanking it out in the first place. Let it not be said you don't exceed expectations, sir.

You must be new to Rock Eastwood.

Geistritter
Jul 17, 2012, 10:18 AM
I'm new to many of the... intricacies of the community.

Darki
Jul 17, 2012, 10:18 AM
You sir have my respect.

Ironic that you give your respect to someone not showing respect to the choices of others. Personally I don't care what you'll wear. i'll probably get a bikini because I think it's a funny thing, but I'm not going o use it much as I like fighting in the "uniform".

But hey, I like the way that person think. i'd rather not have people that can't respect other people playing with me.

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
Ironic that you give your respect to someone not showing respect to the choices of others. Personally I don't care what you'll wear. i'll probably get a bikini because I think it's a funny thing, but I'm not going o use it much as I like fighting in the "uniform".

But hey, I like the way that person think. i'd rather not have people that can't respect other people playing with me.
There's so much logic here that I'm gonna need a pair of shades. Well said.

I wish I had time to invest all my care in what other people make their polygons wear. I'd rather spend it bumming around forums and reading the general silliness therein all day. I'm a sucker.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 10:21 AM
I'm new to many of the... intricacies of the community.

I'm not part of this community. o_O

I just invade it.

Oh and NOW I know why I wanna hit you! Your wasted thought process that lead you to the conclusion of questioning something I did on a whim!

Yeah.

You don't know Rock fuckin' Eastwood!

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 10:22 AM
Still don't understand the fascination with this x:

it's just a bikini.

and you may never know

so why are you still here

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 10:23 AM

It's not that I don't have respect, it's just that I disagree. You can go ahead and wear whatever you like, it just isn't my thing and that's all I was stating. To me, a bikini in a videogame isn't something worth getting all worked up about. Just a bit of silliness.

GrandTickler
Jul 17, 2012, 10:23 AM
Yes please. I don't understand why people like bikinis so much

because we're all a bunch of horny otaku's, there i said it.

I will be buying mine at day 1 thats for sure ^^; i just dont know yet whether its gonna be green, or red if they have it :P or better, white

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 10:25 AM

I will be buying mine at day 1 thats for sure ^^;

You said what nobody could say, without putting up a "Mind your business I do what I want!" front.

As an ambassador from the land of Awesome, I grant you the title master of PSOW.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 10:28 AM
*zoom in, tilt camera, hold S*

I am so ready

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 10:33 AM
*zoom in, tilt camera, hold S*

I am so ready

I'll be holding ALT + H (that's what I have the 'Happy' emote keybound to). Ahuehuehue~

Laguna
Jul 17, 2012, 10:45 AM
Not everyone's gonna buy the bikini just to start at some pixel-ass. :chuck-ball:
It's like the Rappy Suits. It's just a fun way to express your character, whether it be necessary or not... and I'm a girl, I'M NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL! :argh:

Meevs
Jul 17, 2012, 10:56 AM
LoL this is funny, prob. adds to why Americans have stronger censorship laws, in many other countries, nudity means nothing, but in the US a female gets paid and praised extra for showing her tits in a movie, thats why separate servers, or i would think part of the reason for the censorship ive been reading about

SoliceTK
Jul 17, 2012, 11:05 AM
Facts

1. Bikinis are coming.
2. People will wear them.

It's gonna be fine though I'm sure it won't stop anyone from playing the game.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 11:06 AM
Facts

1. Bikinis are coming.
2. People will wear them.

It's gonna be fine though I'm sure it won't stop anyone from playing the game.

R00tabaga

JeyKama
Jul 17, 2012, 11:06 AM
Meh, more cool men's gear please. With all the virtual skin that will, no doubt, be flaunted around that so many get worked up about, I have this desire to wear layers of clothes.

As in, a trenchie over my Close Quarter, make it so plz. Even bettah, a Nobles Coat remix!

Personally I'd like to see more pso gals in the yukata than the bikini-

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 11:07 AM
R00tabaga

Maybe he should have said "no one people actually care about"?

Rauten
Jul 17, 2012, 11:25 AM
To all those people saying "why do you care what others wear on their characters", Suspension of Disbelief. Look it up.

Maybe he should have said "no one people actually care about"?

Wow, talk about uncalled for aggresiveness...

Edit: in case it wasn't clear enough, my opinion on these bikinis is that I'm going to buy one, fly to Japan, head to Sega's offices and choke the lot of them to death with the strings.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 11:31 AM
To all those people saying "why do you care what others wear on their characters", Suspension of Disbelief.Suspension of Disbelief? I find characters fighting in bikinis FAR more plausible in the PSO2 universe than the rappy suits... seriously... how do people FIT in those? Hell, it makes more sense than the wedding dresses. And the "armor" is the only thing keeping the HUNewearl from being skimpier than the swimsuits. I don't see why bikinis have to be singled out for that.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a hater. I just think you could say the same thing about a lot of stuff in the game if you think about it too hard.

Rauten
Jul 17, 2012, 11:33 AM
Suspension of Disbelief? I find characters fighting in bikinis FAR more plausible in the PSO2 universe than the rappy suits... seriously... how do people FIT in those? Hell, it makes more sense than the wedding dresses. And the "armor" is the only thing keeping the HUNewearl from being skimpier than the swimsuits. I don't see why bikinis have to be singled out for that.

I dislike rappy suits as well, but let's be honest here for a moment:
How many people actively used the rappy suits?
How many people will actively use the bikinis?

The Rappy Suits are a slight, eventual annoyance. The bikinis are going to be a constant eyesore.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 11:33 AM
To all those people saying "why do you care what others wear on their characters", Suspension of Disbelief. Look it up.

Not our problem if you think that much into a video game. We, in all honesty, don't care whether or not you can 'suspend your disbelief' appropriately. No, really. We don't. At all.

Aurakon
Jul 17, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'm gonna have the bikini for funsies, not like I'm going to actually wear it into combat but still it's something I want to have just for the sake of having it.

Pool party at Nassie's?

Rauten
Jul 17, 2012, 11:36 AM
Not our problem if you think that much into a video game. We, in all honesty, don't care whether or not you can 'suspend your disbelief' appropriately. No, really. We don't. At all.

And I said you should care... when? As I said, I was answering the "why do you care what others wear?". That's my answer. Also, geeze with the aggresiveness. Take a Valium.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 11:37 AM

The Rappy Suits are a slight, eventual annoyance. The bikinis are going to be a constant eyesore.You seem awfully negative about this.

Zyrusticae
Jul 17, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hm, yes, I find my suspension of disbelief is maintained in a universe where there are magic healing spells, magic healing items, invisible protective shielding, and "photon arts" that involve kicking a spear into an enemy's face, jumping up, grabbing the spear in mid-air, and drilling it into the target. :nerd:

Wow, talk about uncalled for aggresiveness...
Not really. He's kind of a nuisance.

Sorry, but that's my honest feeling on the matter.

Home Dog
Jul 17, 2012, 11:38 AM
Does that pink floaty thing she is wearing around her come with it?

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 11:39 AM
And I said you should care... when? As I said, I was answering the "why do you care what others wear?". That's my answer. Also, geeze with the aggresiveness. Take a Valium.

Nothing personal, just getting sick of people whining like a bunch of sissy-ass bitches over virtual costumes in a video game.

EDIT:

Does that pink floaty thing she is wearing around her come with it?

I think it's either:

A. an accessory that's going to be in one of the scratches.
B. just a simple CGI extra the artists added to give the picture some flair.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 11:40 AM
Does that pink floaty thing she is wearing around her come with it?THIS IS A GOOD QUESTION! :I Forget the bikini, I want THAT! I bet the event rappies are gonna drop them or something. I hope.

Rauten
Jul 17, 2012, 11:41 AM
Hm, yes, I find my suspension of disbelief is maintained in a universe where there are magic healing spells, magic healing items, invisible protective shielding, and "photon arts" that involve kicking a spear into an enemy's face, jumping up, grabbing the spear in mid-air, and drilling it into the target. :nerd:

Isn't the whole point of Suspension of Disbelief to become inebriated with magical, surreal worlds? I mean, most people can get pretty lost in something like Skyrim, where you kill people by shouting dragonspeak at them.
But the Suspension has it's limits, and for many, bikinis go beyond those limits.

Not really. He's kind of a nuisance.

Sorry, but that's my honest feeling on the matter.

I have to admit, the only thing I know about the fella is that he's a PSOW user with a HUmar avatar. Still, considering he hasn't even posted in the thread, it does feel somewhat uncalled for.

Edit:

Nothing personal, just getting sick of people whining like a bunch of sissy-ass bitches over virtual costumes in a video game.

I'm afraid to inform you that I'll continue to whine as long as SEGA keeps pulling this kinda stuff.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 11:42 AM

EDIT:

I think it's either:

A. an accessory that's going to be in one of the scratches.
B. just a simple CGI extra the artists added to give the picture some flair.

I think it'll be an alternate version of the outfit...

Which would make me want to make a girl character.

I have no clue why...

Maybe the inflatable tube adds some form of universal moe...

Zinaida
Jul 17, 2012, 11:44 AM
People are arguing about bikinis in a video game. Seriously? Are people so self-entitled and full of themselves that simply because they don't like it, they need to tell the whole world, assuming any of us even care?

A forum is a place to share opinions, but it seems less and less like 'sharing,' and 'I'm attention whore and want to be heard.' I am, ironically, giving them the attention they desire.

Anyway, bikinis, I'm pretty 50/50 on it. Part of me doesn't care, part of me might buy one. I would wear it in tundra just to annoy some of the whiny people in this thread, but probably as social gear if they release a summer lobby or something of the sort.

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
Isn't the whole point of Suspension of Disbelief to become inebriated with magical, surreal worlds? I mean, most people can get pretty lost in something like Skyrim, where you kill people by shouting dragonspeak at them.
But the Suspension has it's limits, and for many, bikinis go beyond those limits.

This is my whole issue with it. It just takes away some of the immersion when everyone is running around in their jimmies.

---

Yes, I get it, some people like the bikinis. Go ahead and wear them, that's not up to me. This is just how I feel about it.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
This is my whole issue with it. It just takes away some of the immersion when everyone is running around in their jimmies.

Yes, I get it, you like bikinis. Go ahead and wear them, that's not up to me. This is just how I feel about it.

and there's that "I" word, finally. Wondering when someone would say it.

r00tabaga
Jul 17, 2012, 11:47 AM

I like your style kid. Prepared to get flamed here though. Big Olaf and his band of bikini rogues are not gonna let this slide. They NEED bikinis! The only place they can get that close to women.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
I like your style kid. Prepared to get flamed here though. Big Olaf and his band of bikini rogues are not gonna let this slide. They NEED bikinis! The only place they can get that close to women.

Oop, there you go, Rauten.

Rauten
Jul 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
Are people so self-entitled and full of themselves that simply because they don't like it, they need to tell the whole world, assuming any of us even care?

I hope you realize how easy it'd be to twist that argument? All I'd need to do is remove that "don't", and voila!

A forum is a place to share opinions.

Indeed it is. And a handful of people are of the opinion that bikinis shouldn't be in PSO2.

Oop, there you go, Rauten.

Wow. There I go, indeed. Holy crapolia.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 11:49 AM
I've found worrying about immersion in mmos like this to be a wasted effort. The only way a multiplayer game can have any sort of immersion is if it's an actual roleplay. Maybe you guys should roleplay. It's fun. :D

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
and there's that "I" word, finally. Wondering when someone would say it.

So... it's somehow wrong for me to want to be immersed in a game I enjoy? Immersion is a bad thing to speak about?

Sorry, but what?

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 11:52 AM
How does it break immersion? All of the costumes provide the same amount of protection: zero. Leather, cloth, metal plating, mascot outfits- nothing. Your entire defense comprises of tiny wings on your back, hands, and feet. That's the only thing stopping explosions, teeth, and bullets from ripping through your tender flesh.

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
Yes, none of the costumes really make much sense, but running around slaying personified evil in a bikini by far is the most silly. It reminds me of that awful OneChanbara game.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
How does it break immersion? All of the costumes provide the same amount of protection: zero. Leather, cloth, metal plating, mascot outfits- nothing. Your entire defense comprises of tiny wings on your back, hands, and feet. That's the only thing stopping explosions, teeth, and bullets from ripping through your tender flesh.

So much of this. And lets not forget that you can turn them invisible. My only complaint with the rappy suits is that they seem physically impossible. The wedding dresses? How do they not trip? But I see nothing immersion breaking about the bikinis in a futuristic fantasy setting.

EDIT: Oh gawd. I just realized what I've been doing. *rubs temples* Why do ANY of us care? I'm sorry for saying anything at all. let's just agree to dissagre.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 17, 2012, 11:57 AM

I will be buying mine at day 1 thats for sure ^^; i just dont know yet whether its gonna be green, or red if they have it :P or better, white

You get internet points for that comment, well done. I like them too, but what I was saying before was that I wish people would wear this stuff appropriately, I mean wearing a Bikini in battle? A bit silly, but what ever people do I guess ;p

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 11:58 AM
how would running around fighting oversized, crazed wildlife in a dress (default costume!!) ward off anything but a light breeze?

I feel like actual inhabitants of this world would really fight in flashy clothing

Zinaida
Jul 17, 2012, 12:01 PM
I hope you realize how easy it'd be to twist that argument? All I'd need to do is remove that "don't", and voila!

Indeed it is. And a handful of people are of the opinion that bikinis shouldn't be in PSO2.

That's irrelevant to me. The thread was to inform others that bikinis are coming in the next update. I've already stated I'm 50/50 about it, either uncaring or just wearing one because I feel like it. Turning arguments around doesn't 'win' them, nor does it support your point or views. It's childish, and borderline pathetic. Go bother someone else with that, as you're trying to argue with someone who's annoyed at your egocentric behavior, and less about your dislike for the bikinis in the game.

Also once again, that is irrelevant to me. My point was that there's a difference between posting "I don't like it," and replying to every post that even seems to disagree with you.

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 12:01 PM
So much of this. And lets not forget that you can turn them invisible. My only complaint with the rappy suits is that they seem physically impossible. The wedding dresses? How do they not trip? But I see nothing immersion breaking about the bikinis in a futuristic fantasy setting.

EDIT: Oh gawd. I just realized what I've been doing. *rubs temples* Why do ANY of us care? I'm sorry for saying anything at all. let's just agree to dissagre.

Because...

"Hmm, I've got a client who wants to go slay some dangerous wild-life, and on the way I may run into some otherworldly demons... What should I wear? My somewhat revealing space armor, or my bikini?!"

The whole thing is farfetched, obviously.. but the bikini takes it to another level.

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 12:03 PM

But what if I'm a caseal? The only thing clothing does is make me look less like a robot.

I've got boobs of steel.

Zyrusticae
Jul 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
Wedding dress >>>> bikini in terms of implausibility.

I feel that needs special emphasis.

Zinaida
Jul 17, 2012, 12:04 PM
Because...

"Hmm, I've got a client who wants to go slay some dangerous wild-life, and on the way I may run into some otherworldly demons... What should I wear? My somewhat revealing space armor, or my bikini?!"

The whole thing is farfetched, obviously.. but the bikini takes it to another level.

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm actually being 100% serious when I ask:

Since when has anything in Phantasy Star ever seemed dangerous?

My character can literally grapple a king yeti, jump into the air with him in my arms and them slam him into the ground.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 12:05 PM
Because...

it's badass is what it is

rush in there, guns blazing, shirt off, huge cigar, blood everywhere, damn I'm good

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 12:06 PM
Wedding dress >>>> bikini in terms of implausibility.

I feel that needs special emphasis.

I already said it TWICE. ;; The fact that we're even having this conversation astounds me and I feel it's at least partly my fault.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 12:07 PM
EDIT: Oh gawd. I just realized what I've been doing. *rubs temples* Why do ANY of us care?

Good point. It all comes down to a couple of basic facts.

1. The outfits are coming out, as will be countless other sexually-minded articles of clothing. SEGA hath decreed it, and that's that.

2. The people that are going to wear them, are going to wear them, regardless of whatever other people whine about. The whiners' precious 'immersion' will then proceed to get butt-slammed over and over again, without pity nor remorse from the 'immersion-breaking' players.

and that's the tall and short of it, mostly.

Aurakon
Jul 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
This entire debate seems silly and futile. Who the fuck cares honestly what other players want to wear? I personally don't like the rappy suits or wedding dresses but at the end of the day I really don't care at all if people are wearing them. I'm having fun with the game and that's all that matters, that's all that should matter to anyone.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:10 PM

I've been saying this for months about 90% of the things your PSO2 forumers argue about.

In some parts of the world it's hilarious when a bunch of grown-ass-men argue about virtual bikinis...

But that's the power of internet anonymity!

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 12:10 PM
Good point. It all comes down to a couple of basic facts.

1. The outfits are coming out, as will be countless other sexually-minded articles of clothing. SEGA hath decreed it, and that's that.

2. The people that are going to wear them, are going to wear them, regardless of whatever other people whine about. The whiners' precious 'immersion' will then proceed to get butt-slammed over and over again, without pity nor remorse from the 'immersion-breaking' players.

and that's the tall and short of it, mostly.
Well excuuuuuse me for wanting PSO2 to be more than cgi avatars dancing around half naked.

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 12:11 PM
I've been saying this for months about 90% of the things your PSO2 forumers argue about.

In some parts of the world it's hilarious when a bunch of grown-ass-men argue about virtual bikinis...

But that's the power of internet anonymity!

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL.

Zinaida
Jul 17, 2012, 12:11 PM

I'm too cool to argue about bikinis, so I'm arguing about the people arguing about bikinis.

@Rock

Anonymity makes it 100% easier to argue about virtual costumes in a video game.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 12:13 PM
Well excuuuuuse me for wanting PSO2 to about more than cgi avatars dancing around half naked.

I hear you. It needs to go much further than simply dancing half naked.

Let's take it to My Room, dim the lights, fire up that jukebox... the bath looks inviting

SaiKo
Jul 17, 2012, 12:15 PM
Eh. I personally don't care about skimpiness, but it's about tone for me.
Mail bikinis in a fantasy world where that fits? Grand. Muv-luv pilot suits in PSO? Probably going a bit too far, but sure, why not?

Wouldn't really want to see Darth Vader, the TRON guys, or a bunch of Navy SEALs running around Azeroth or Tyria though. Or Super Mario and Sonic mascot suits in a horror game.

Had they introduced "PSO-ified" dresses, bikinis, and yukatas that don't just slap you in the face when you see them (akin to PSU's miko outfit), it wouldn't be so bad. It's the jarring shift from everything else that just makes it all feel silly... And those damned Rappy costumes....

But for those that don't care about the tone all that much and like the wackiness, it's obviously not an issue... So, like I said, just add a 'party costume' toggle, and everyone's satisfied.

Jungo Torii
I REALLY hope there's a male equivalent. Maybe some Speedos or something. For the sake of hilarity.

NoiseHERO
I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL.

I ACCEPT YOUR DUEL!

If you win I'll do as you say and go to the shadow realm...

But if I win...

You give back Joey's Red Eyes Black Dragon!

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm too cool to argue about bikinis, so I'm arguing about the people arguing about bikinis.

That's some deep meta stuff right there.

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
I ACCEPT YOUR DUEL!

If you win I'll do as you say and go to the shadow realm...

But if I win...

You give back Joey's Red Eyes Black Dragon!

What if I told you I photoshoped the card and turned it into a Black Eyes Red Dragon?

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:18 PM
What if I told you I photoshoped the card and turned it into a Black Eyes Red Dragon?

UHWAH-NGH!! D:

Enforcer MKV
Jul 17, 2012, 12:20 PM
Well excuuuuuse me for wanting PSO2 to be more than cgi avatars dancing around half naked.

*pats Scotty's shoulder* I know, I know. I feel the same way. But when you get down to brass tacks, nobody cares what we think. It's really that simple.

Now, can we all, for lack of a better phrase....

Just shut up about this already?

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 12:20 PM

Oh, you're entitled to want what you want. But, the rules have been set. They will not change.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 12:26 PM
Now, can we all, for lack of a better phrase....

Just shut up about this already?

No, I'm bored, and there's nowhere else to be an idiot atm

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 12:32 PM
If bikinis are like 5 million, and nobody can buy them, do they even exist?

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:33 PM
If bikinis are like 5 million, and nobody can buy them, do they even exist?

You underestimate moe enthusiasts.

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 12:33 PM
Holy ass why is this thread this long.

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 12:35 PM
Holy ass why is this thread this long.Because we all had an uncontrolable urge to state out opinions at the same time.. istillwantaonepiecekthnx.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:35 PM
Holy ass why is this thread this long.

Because Rock Eastwood commands it for his own amusement!

Now bask in it!

Bask in it before I add modifications to that drawing I did of you posing like Tifa FROM FINAL FANTASY 7!

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 17, 2012, 12:36 PM
If anything, I'll only wear the bikini when my lesbian friend is around.

After I get 10 minutes of joy jumping around the Lobby with it.

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 12:37 PM
Because Rock Eastwood commands it for his own amusement!

Now bask in it!

Bask in it before I add modifications to that drawing I did of you posing like Tifa FROM FINAL FANTASY 7!
But I liked that drawing :(

(no seriously, it's badass)

Kondibon
Jul 17, 2012, 12:38 PM
If anything, I'll only wear the bikini when my lesbian friend is around.

After I get 10 minutes of joy jumping around the Lobby with it.Why am I not a part of thi-- Oh right. I'm on ship 8. ):

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:38 PM
But I liked that drawing :(

(no seriously, it's badass)

Yeah I gotta black mail you into watching people argue about bikni!

Or else you'll be in one!

Wait-that might now work-dammit-augh

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah I gotta black mail you into watching people argue about bikni!

Or else you'll be in one!

Wait-that might now work-dammit-augh
But I was already going to buy one! Yellow!

...BEFORE I knew it would bring out indescribable anger in literally tens of people, too!

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 12:43 PM
The ones who seem the most mad here are the people angry at the others who don't like bikinis >_>

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:47 PM
The ones who seem the most mad here are the people angry at the others who don't like bikinis >_>

Maybe they're more...

What's the word for being extremely amazed, surprised and confused and "Why are you even... what? Ehhhh????"

And going about it the wrong way. Both sides should not care, Bikini wearers already won, argument aside they're gettin' those bikinis.

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 12:48 PM
What's the word for being extremely amazed, surprised and confused and "Why are you even... what? Ehhhh????"

Baffled!

Ce'Nedra
Jul 17, 2012, 12:52 PM
ITT: Drama

Love it how people can get so winded up over some pixels. Sega put it in, deal with it. Don't like it? Don't play the frigging game /thread.

inb4flamewars

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:53 PM
Baffled!

Yeah!!

Zyrusticae
Jul 17, 2012, 12:54 PM
inb4flamewars
inb4 someone fails to use inb4 correctly

OWAIT-

:nerd:

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:55 PM
inb4 someone fails to use inb4 correctly

OWAIT-

:nerd:

She means inAFTER flamewars

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 12:55 PM
Did you say bikinis are.. moe?

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 12:56 PM

Love it how people can get so winded up over some pixels. Sega put it in, deal with it. Don't like it? Don't play the frigging game /thread.

inb4flamewars

Ohhh man this one single aspect mildly irritates and/or inconveniences me, better uninstall the game and never play it ever again!!

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:56 PM
Did you say bikinis are.. moe?

Not me. I mean I SAID it.

I didn't mean I shared the same notion.

Bikini's with inflatable tubes however...

Not sure why I find it adorable.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
Not me. I mean I SAID it.

I didn't mean I shared the same notion.

Bikini's with inflatable tubes however...

Not sure why I find it adorable.http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/83/DP_Tuber_F.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/53/DP_Tuber_M.png
I need this much more than you can imagine

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
I would fight 7 Dark Ragnes in an inner tube.

Better yet, what about Ragne himself in a giant inner tube?

Zyrusticae
Jul 17, 2012, 01:00 PM
I would fight 7 Dark Ragnes in an inner tube.

Better yet, what about Ragne in a giant inner tube?
THIS MUST BE DONE.

PHOTOSHOP, AHOYYYY!

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 01:00 PM
Better yet, what about Ragne himself in a giant inner tube?

TO THE PHOTOSHOP!

Fox2Tails
Jul 17, 2012, 01:03 PM

inb4flamewars

Well, you ballsed that one up lol

Garnet_Moon
Jul 17, 2012, 01:11 PM
Typical day in the lobby after the bikini patch:

http://i.imgur.com/bBElO.gif

A Certain Magically Dancing Teleporting Lesbian[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler]90% of all newearls are short-stacks AND flat. You'd better get use to it because it's going to happen

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hey my Newearl may be short and skinny, but I tweaked the breasts to the max okay

Not that I have anything against the more washboard inclined

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 01:16 PM

[spoiler]90% of all newearls are short-stacks AND flat. You'd better get use to it because it's going to happen
On the subject of that series, and silly nonsensical-but-fun outfits...I want to run around fighting in pajamas :(

[spoiler-box]http://download.minitokyo.net/To.Aru.Kagaku.no.Railgun.479315.jpg

"Yawn...let's go JUMP IN LAVA AND FIGHT DRAGONS while half-asleep!"[/spoiler-box]

Gardios
Jul 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
Hey my Newearl may be short and skinny, but I tweaked the breasts to the max okay

That just makes it worse!

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
On the subject of that series, and silly nonsensical-but-fun outfits...I want to run around fighting in pajamas :(

[spoiler-box]http://download.minitokyo.net/To.Aru.Kagaku.no.Railgun.479315.jpg

"Yawn...let's go JUMP IN LAVA AND FIGHT DRAGONS while half-asleep!"[/spoiler-box]

you meant to post this, I'm sure
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/qfeje.jpg

"Come on let's CROSS BURST!"[/spoiler-box]

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 17, 2012, 02:45 PM
you meant to post this, I'm sure
[spoiler-box]http://static1.minitokyo.net/view/38/22/586138.jpg

"Come on let's CROSS BURST!"[/spoiler-box]

i wish i could see this

reading COME ON LETS CROSS BURST using my imagination made me lol enough

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 02:54 PM
oh, the picture broke? well it's not going to be as good as your imagination

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 17, 2012, 02:54 PM
oh, the picture broke? well it's not going to be as good as your imagination

no pls just show us the picture pls

Dokudoku
Jul 17, 2012, 06:05 PM
You sure bikinis come out after the Wednesday update? I thought the only new clothes were yukatas and some other stuff, bikinis to be added later.
:-?:-?:-?:-?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 06:08 PM
I already said bikinis are August 1st

Dokudoku
Jul 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
I already said bikinis are August 1st

sorry I didn't want to read through 20 pages after people started arguing over nothing

Ryuujin13
Jul 17, 2012, 07:52 PM
DO we know if there will be shorts for the guys? cause if my Cast can wear them ill be rocking a robot in shorts lol xD

Ueno54
Jul 17, 2012, 08:06 PM
Gotta buy at least one so I can have it, because I hate the idea of missing out on a possible limited item.

SoliceTK
Jul 17, 2012, 09:50 PM

Oh dear God, No... Why would you do that! :(

sugarFO
Jul 17, 2012, 09:51 PM

What anime is that from?

LK1721
Jul 17, 2012, 09:52 PM
I am fine with them since I'll totally be taking advantage of their astronomical prices to make myself some meseta.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 17, 2012, 09:52 PM
Oh dear God, No... Why would you do that! :(
You... could always pretend they are really cute boys, I guess. lol

What anime is that from?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10706

Enforcer MKV
Jul 17, 2012, 09:56 PM

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/bBElO.gif

Ce-Ce'Nedra!?

.....wait, this is normal. Move along.

I'm so gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiie!

Skye-Fox713
Jul 17, 2012, 11:12 PM
Gotta buy at least one so I can have it, because I hate the idea of missing out on a possible limited item.

I'm gonna have to agree with this here. In PSU I had a regular swim suit and a bikini swim suit for JOE just to say that 'I have one'.

r00tabaga
Jul 17, 2012, 11:22 PM
Are these super cool battle bikinis AC only? I wish that they would just charge $50 for each colored set. That would help keep those Japanese servers up! Even for $25 they would sell like hotcakes. Half of PSO-World would blow their whole allowance on such an item.
"this all reminds me of my 1st Playboy....such fond memories..."

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 17, 2012, 11:44 PM
Are these super cool battle bikinis AC only? I wish that they would just charge $50 for each colored set. That would help keep those Japanese servers up! Even for $25 they would sell like hotcakes. Half of PSO-World would blow their whole allowance on such an item.

That or they could partake in PSO2 Communism and buy them for Meseta.

Amaranthus
Jul 18, 2012, 12:17 AM
Hey, I thought they were releasing Yukatas this maintenance? Yukatas please!

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 18, 2012, 12:30 AM
Why not both?

Mantiskilla
Jul 18, 2012, 12:43 AM
Why not both?

Or Neither...

what a waste

Chacron
Jul 18, 2012, 12:47 AM
Why not both?

I don't know why, but the first thing that popped in my head was not yakatas or bikinis. It was soft shell and hard shells for tacos.

Blasted commercials and memes.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 18, 2012, 12:48 AM
Or Neither...

what a waste

hey, Sega has to make their money. And if the fans like it, and Sega makes money to pay their wages and make more content, It's mostly a win win, right?

Priest
Jul 18, 2012, 12:50 AM
Yes! So people won't be sitting around lobby in bikini's, they'll actually be joining us for 12 man mines parties!

Mantiskilla
Jul 18, 2012, 12:55 AM
hey, Sega has to make their money. And if the fans like it, and Sega makes money to pay their wages and make more content, It's mostly a win win, right?

Yeah it makes sense i guess, but man you think seeing the wedding dresses are bad? Bikinis everywhere is well gonna be ridiculous. But hey I shouldn't complain I guess since I AM playing on the Japanese server as we wait till next year. If otakus and such want to get their rocks off on video game ass while playin' PSO2 then let the creepy weirdos be suckered and pay for em

gigawuts
Jul 18, 2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah it makes sense i guess, but man you think seeing the wedding dresses are bad? Bikinis everywhere is well gonna be ridiculous. But hey I shouldn't complain I guess since I AM playing on the Japanese server as we wait till next year. If otakus and such want to get their rocks off on video game ass while playin' PSO2 then let the creepy weirdos be suckered and pay for em

Yes, because the EN server will not have immature kids playing it at all, since we all know F2P games only attract the most refined citizens of our wonderful nations.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 18, 2012, 01:05 AM

Eh, it'll be bad everywhere. But, we have to remember that PSU had swimsuits as well. and not everyone wore them twenty four/seven. I might dislike some of the outfits passionately, but the bottom line is; it's making Sega money that they'll use to sustain this game. That isn't an inherently bad thing.

I know you don't like this stuff, Root - I don't either - but is this really necessary? You're going to bring it on yourself.

Vylera
Jul 18, 2012, 01:15 AM

Call it dirty money, but PSO2 is getting sustained by the fact that there are bikinis outfits in the AC scratch.

Also don't know why seeing wedding dresses is a bad thing at all. They're designed extremely well, and the clothing physics + modified walking & jumping sound effects make it more than just a reskin.

I agree, fighting in a wedding dress doesn't make sense. Most things in video games don't make realistic sense. Feel free to hate it, but just realize that every wedding dress in the game is another 200-500 yen towards keeping PSO2 alive.

And for the matter, no, I'm not one of those high-and-mighties that think spending on a free game makes me superior to people who don't. Facts are facts.

Dabian
Jul 18, 2012, 01:22 AM

The Rappy Suits are a slight, eventual annoyance. The bikinis are going to be a constant eyesore.

I find lobby dance parties/inappropriate symbol chat spam/emote spams to be more of an eyesore.

Xaeris
Jul 18, 2012, 01:30 AM
If otakus and such want to get their rocks off on video game ass while playin' PSO2 then let the creepy weirdos be suckered and pay for em

You say that, yet I suspect, if you were pressed, you'd struggle to articulate a respectable logic for why it's creepy.

Aewyn
Jul 18, 2012, 01:34 AM
I don't think I could struggle to explain why I find it creepy for little lolis to be dancing around in bikinis, but it's a problem of circular logic because there are multiple ways to come at the topic. Some will always disagree, or say you are the one with the problem for bringing it up, and then disagree with your explanation for that-- it isn't worth debating. :P

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 18, 2012, 01:36 AM
Y'all guys need to watch this vidya (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/4719-Gender-Games). The issue with scantily-clad women in vidya gaems is not so much "OMG THAT CHARACTER'S IN A BIKINI" as much as "Okay, she's a fanservice character... What else does she do besides that? And if she's supposedly a brash, hot-headed woman that takes no nonsense, why doesn't she have the body language to match?"

Xaeris
Because every character wearing it will be a loli? What?

Xaton

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

so thats the lingery that he got and tried to use the buisness account for it and go introuble with skyclad. [frankly his actual ingame charctor would look good in it LOL] [that guy in pic X.X

Dabian
Jul 18, 2012, 01:37 AM
What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

Aewyn
Jul 18, 2012, 01:39 AM
When did someone say they'd all be lolis...?

I don't really care if people put bikinis on any character, that doesn't mean I won't find it disturbing in some cases, on a case-by-case basis.

Xaeris
Jul 18, 2012, 01:43 AM
I see. Here's the problem. You had no business replying to my post. I'm pressing someone to articulate something that a lot of people are taking for granted, and you came back with an example that accounts for decidedly less than all of the cases I'm asking him to explain.

Aewyn
Jul 18, 2012, 01:46 AM
Thanks, but I'll decide when I reply or don't.

What's the point of pressing him, anyway? Does his opinion change yours? Should his be changed?

Xaeris
Jul 18, 2012, 01:48 AM
I didn't tell you not to reply. I'm just saying that your response was doomed from the start. If you're cool with that, mavel tov.

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2012, 01:50 AM
Virtual Bikinis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIRTUAL BIKINIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arguments on biblical scales!!!!

Dabian
Jul 18, 2012, 01:50 AM
You know how in anime they always say:

"When you think of summer you think of the sea.
When you think of the the sea, you think swimsuits"

Well, the Japanese developers of this game are paying homage to that age-old theme. :]

Aewyn
Jul 18, 2012, 01:51 AM
I'm satisfied with the results.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Aewyn_Murayama/dorks1.gif

EvilJohn
Jul 18, 2012, 01:51 AM

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

wow lmao

GrandTickler
Jul 18, 2012, 01:54 AM
bikini's here i come!
http://i.imgur.com/cz1gF.gif

Vylera
Jul 18, 2012, 01:54 AM
So to sum up everything that's happened up to this point:

I don't like that there are going to be bikinis in this game.

I don't care that there are going to be bikinis in this game.

I'm glad they're putting bikinis in the game - I want one!

Let's make it into an argument, because your opinion can't exist when mine exists.

Maybe if I start talking in smart-ass language, people will think I'm more right.

-insert meme here-

Wait...you do realize we've been arguing for 24 pages about absolutely nothing, right?

Time to sound important.

Myself included.

Xaton
Jul 18, 2012, 01:55 AM
wow lmao

yea if the guy shaved then it woudl work out but yea if going to have speedo or anything skin tight make sure have body for it. me real life has swimmer build as been on swim team Soooo yea i seen some with out figure and in the thong speedo style X.x

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2012, 01:56 AM
What Rock has been doing in this thread.

Wait...you do realize you've been arguing for 24 pages about absolutely nothing, right?

Time to sound Awesome.

Yeah...

Also Kairi doesn't need a bikini!

EvilJohn
Jul 18, 2012, 01:57 AM
bump 1 2 3

Dabian
Jul 18, 2012, 01:58 AM
I'll admit, if my male human character could wear female human clothes, I'd be all over that wedding dress FUN scratch.

So I guess the same could be said for bikinis.

gigawuts
Jul 18, 2012, 01:59 AM
So to sum up everything that's happened up to this point:

I don't like that there are going to be bikinis in this game.

I don't care that there are going to be bikinis in this game.

I'm glad they're putting bikinis in the game - I want one!

Let's make it into an argument, because your opinion can't exist when mine exists.

Maybe if I start talking in smart-ass language, people will think I'm more right.

-insert meme here-

Wait...you do realize we've been arguing for 24 pages about absolutely nothing, right?

Time to sound important.

Myself included.

You forgot where I wanted a bikini on the wrong gender of an inanimate object.

Because inanimate objects are well renowned for having genders.

Vylera
Jul 18, 2012, 01:59 AM
Yeah...

Also Kairi doesn't need a bikini!

YOU!

Editing my post to your free will...

I CHALLENGE YOU TO ANOTHER DUEL!

Amaranthus
Jul 18, 2012, 02:05 AM
Wow, Y so much hate just for the new outfits? If you guys hate them so much you might as well be a walking talking brick or a weapon of some sort, like the look from behind on my character carrying a rappy launcher.

We all wear some kind of a "look", and new outfits wouldn't hurt.

Aewyn
Jul 18, 2012, 02:07 AM
Bikini on a パパガイ.

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2012, 02:10 AM

Wowzers, someone's kind of bitter about this :lol:.

I'm a weirdo, but I'm not creepy. Also, I'm not a goddamn Japanophile weeaboo "otaku." For the record.

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2012, 02:12 AM
Hmm...

A Space station filled with hundreds of thousands of anime girls wearing bikinis...

And only dudes are complaining about this idea...

WHAT WORLD DID I WAKE UP IN? D:

holdthephone
Jul 18, 2012, 02:12 AM
I'm a big fan of a lot of the starting costume choices, but they really need to add some variety -- and I don't see how a new addition can be seen as a bad thing. The game's universe is already completely ridiculous, so seeing rappys and people in wedding dresses seems to be part of the charm.

DeathByPogs
Jul 18, 2012, 02:39 AM
exactly ^^^

pixel bikini animebabes is no different than cartoon animebabes

Wokker
Jul 18, 2012, 03:52 AM
Damn, is this still going? Bikinis = Fuk yes, and to all you haters:

http://i.imgur.com/Vty8o.jpg

Dantalion
Jul 18, 2012, 03:56 AM
25 pages about bikinis, good.