PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 Players Site Update - Story Quest Difficulty Adjustment Being Considered

Ryo
Jul 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
According to this post (http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=49) there have been a large number of complaints that some of the story quests are far too difficult.

SEGA is reviewing the issue and is looking into making these quests less difficult.

What do you guys think? I for one think it's pretty hard to A or S rank story quests later in the game, and the second part of chapter 4 is particularly crazy.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 12:38 PM
While they're at it, can they make "Hard Mode", well, hard?

As for the actual Story quest re-balance, I can't comment. Haven't touched the story, and have no intention of doing so.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:40 PM
Difficulty adjustment considered...

Making things harder again?

Or just nerfing snow banshee and panther because a bunch of people whined it was too hard. (I get the feeling this happened somewhere in Japan's internet community. By god I hope I'm wrong.)

edit: Oh no I didn't read the whole post, it's just making story mode easy............

>_>

Metalsnake27
Wow, when the Japanese start complaining, you know they messed up.

I only completed the first one, but I heard they do get extremely difficult.

I personally want to see some client orders toned down as well.

Ryo
While they're at it, can they make "Hard Mode", well, hard?

As for the actual Story quest re-balance, I can't comment. Haven't touched the story, and have no intention of doing so.

A shame. You can actually get decent loot regularly toward the end of the story. The last story quest is actually the hardest thing I've played in the game so far.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 12:42 PM
A shame. You can actually get decent loot regularly toward the end of the story. The last story quest is actually the hardest thing I've played in the game so far.

Meh, just doesn't seem worth it to me. I can't appreciate what's going on due to the language barrier, so it kind of kills any enthusiasm.

Mizunos
Jul 17, 2012, 12:43 PM
Another unneeded nerf, these quests aren't difficult at all =/

buri-chan
Jul 17, 2012, 12:45 PM
For those who care, the "hard" boss fights in question:

Matter Board 3: Masked Man fight
With Xeno and Echo
This one is the same as those fights with Nagisa in Infinity; hard to melee, so just strafe them with the Gunslash.

Matter Board 4-1: Gwanada
With Furie

Matter Board 4-2: Gilnas
With Furie

Matter Board 5-1: Vol Dragon
With Light and Aki

Matter Board 5-2: Boosted Vol Dragon
With Light and Aki

Honestly, I never had a problem with any of them.

EDIT: Unless they mean the S-Rank qualifications. That I can totally understand. I killed literally everything on the map in the MB5 missions and only got an A. What, am I supposed to sit there for ten minutes killing things during Emergency Codes?

Ryo
Another unneeded nerf, these quests aren't difficult at all =/

Have you done Chapter 4? I'd argue that's pretty nuts.

UnLucky
Well the forced solo nature of story quests makes it a lot harder. If they make it easier, I hope they don't touch the regular quests since the challenge of tackling them solo is completely optional.

Mizunos
Jul 17, 2012, 12:50 PM
Have you done Chapter 4? I'd argue that's pretty nuts.
Cleared all 5 matterboards, the boosted Vol Dragon might be the toughest boss but that's pretty much it, clearly not nerf worthy

Hrith
Jul 17, 2012, 12:50 PM
They are difficult, but above all they are boring as hell, I really hope they dramatically lower the HP of bosses in story missions, since I do not have fun fighting the same enemy for over 30 minutes...

Ryo
Jul 17, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cleared all 5 matterboards, the boosted Vol Dragon might be the toughest boss but that's pretty much it, clearly not nerf worthy

Man, I still have yet to beat that stupid thing. It took me about a half hour to kill the regular Vol Dragon. The boosted dragon actually isn't called "Vol Dragon" either, he has a unique name it's "ヒ・ロガ" Which is something like "Hi Loga"

Also, Aki and her buddy are supremely useless allies. They deal damage in the single digits and die constantly.

Jakosifer
Jul 17, 2012, 01:10 PM
Why the fuck are they trying to make things easier? Wimps.

Ceresa
Jul 17, 2012, 01:20 PM
A game that is at its most rewarding when you overwhelm non-scaling trash enemies with 12 people cultivating a playerbase of scrubs crying for nerfs the second they can't leech.

Shocking.

Gardios
Jul 17, 2012, 01:22 PM
I didn't even know there were 5 Matter Boards.

Why I am still only on the 3rd one D:

jooozek
Jul 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
Why the fuck are they trying to make things easier? Wimps.
It's the solo quests, why does it bother you so much? If they do something, it will only cover the solo quests, nothing outside of them obviously. They obviously won't do Vol Dragon a lobotomy so hurf

Jakosifer
Jul 17, 2012, 01:42 PM
Because when I do those quests I don't want to steamroll everything even more than I already do, that should have been obvious.

Asuni
Jul 17, 2012, 01:43 PM
Wow, when the Japanese start complaining, you know they messed up.

I only completed the first one, but I heard they do get extremely difficult.

I personally want to see some client orders toned down as well.

Yeah, this

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 01:45 PM
Still in the process of smacking away at matter board 3 since I just recently unlocked the tundra.

But if Asians are complaining, then there's probably a problem.

/insert racist stereotypes here.

DemonMike
Jul 17, 2012, 01:46 PM
I personally don't find them hard, I just find them extremely tedious and I imagine that's mainly attributed to the fact that the AI for the NPC partners is abysmal.

I think that instead of nerfing the quests, they implement the orders you could give to NPC's in Zero and Portable 2 + Infinity to change their AI during play.

Jakosifer
Jul 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
What lol
Didn't the Japanese bitch about the original Moatoob back in PSU? Or am I thinking of something else?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
What lol
Didn't the Japanese bitch about the original Moatoob back in PSU? Or am I thinking of something else?

White Beast

Jokes aside, the Goug boss things were extremely retarded

jooozek
Jul 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
Because when I do those quests I don't want to steamroll everything even more than I already do, that should have been obvious.
Except you won't, the only thing they could possibly change is lowering HP for both Vol Dragon fights so yeah - want your challenge after the "nerf" back? Lower your dps.

Metalsnake27
Jul 17, 2012, 01:52 PM
A game that is at its most rewarding when you overwhelm non-scaling trash enemies with 12 people cultivating a playerbase of scrubs crying for nerfs the second they can't leech.

Shocking.

Um...

Story quests are solo only? o-o?

Sigmund
Jul 17, 2012, 01:53 PM
I actually like the challenge of these quests, hope they don't tone it down too much... I'd actually like an increase in difficulty to be honest.

For those of you who doesn't like doing the matter board quest because they don't understand japanese, there's a thread on this very forum that translated all the story lines.

Jakosifer
Jul 17, 2012, 01:57 PM
Um...

Story quests are solo only? o-o?

That's the point. People having an over-reliance on other players to the point that they can't get shit done on their own.

darkfalz16
Jul 17, 2012, 01:59 PM
on 5-2 story is the chapter the same or what i know it said chap 4 end title had something scale in the name

Mracless
Jul 17, 2012, 01:59 PM
Unless they mean the S-Rank qualifications. That I can totally understand. I killed literally everything on the map in the MB5 missions and only got an A. What, am I supposed to sit there for ten minutes killing things during Emergency Codes?

You're supposed to take less damage. Not sure on the exact numbers, but you need to take maybe less than 500 damage to S-rank.

mhjc
Jul 17, 2012, 02:05 PM
Why are they making it easier? I want more challenge, not less T_T

Also, needs to be less boring, that story mission wasn't difficult, it was just tedious and tiring.

Oh well, if Sega does need to make it easier, that's fine, but I wish they included an option to make the game harder too.

darkfalz16
Jul 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
i have 2 questions does S ranking story do anything? and on the boosted vol dragon when you beat it is the chapter end still chapter 4 with a different name under it or is it chapter 5?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
Except you won't, the only thing they could possibly change is lowering HP for both Vol Dragon fights so yeah - want your challenge after the "nerf" back? Lower your dps.

^this

go into battle with no armor units and a regular sword you pick up off of lvl 1 monsters lol.

simple solutions dog

Coatl
Jul 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
I thought the story quests were a bit too easy.
They are so easy it's boring.

On matter board 5 so far.

Crysteon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:31 PM
Well, if they are gonna include Client Orders that need you to S rank certain Story Mode quests...then, yeah...it might be a good idea to change the criteria for S ranking, because the current one is based on how much damage you receive during the quests.

Chapter 4 quests are not exactly easy to survive without damage, but they are easy enough to beat alive.

moorebounce
Jul 17, 2012, 03:45 PM
The only thing I don't like are the timed missions to unlock stuff. Outside of that I don't really think the game is all that hard. I just get annoyed when I'm trying to beat a time and they throw all sorts of emergency codes on you.

Also I think they could bump the NPCs AI a little. At least make it where they don't use their Photon Blasts unless theres a lot of enemies attacking and at least try to get out of the way the bosses once and a while.

Hrith
Jul 17, 2012, 03:46 PM

Shocking.I totally agree with you, Ceresa, but that's the thing, those story missions are not literally challenging, unless you mean they are trying my patience... They take way too long for no good reason.

Ryo
Jul 17, 2012, 03:53 PM
I think a lot of posters in this thread are missing the point.

SEGA is only considering lowering/adjusting the difficulty on story quests.

There's literally no talk from SEGA of any other content being touched whatsoever.

If you're S-ranking the later story missions, you're likely in a very small minority, as you have to come out from those missions virtually unscathed.

BogusKun
Jul 17, 2012, 04:02 PM
We actually need 3 banshees spawn at the beginning of the forest mission, thanks.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2012, 04:03 PM
I think difficulty of the story quests depends on class/equipment, and of course skill. If I have trouble as a Hunter, I just do it as Force and it becomes cake. It's also a level/gear thing for me, because my Force is nearly maxed out, whereas my Hunter has a ways to go.

I agree that the bosses take too long to kill, especially in solo. I also agree that the later story quests are too long and boring. It makes it even more tedious if you happen to die to trash (ie. Briada egg Dagan unstoppable group DIVE KICK attack), you can't run back, you have to restart and reclear everything again.

Crysteon
Jul 17, 2012, 04:05 PM
We actually need 3 banshees spawn at the beginning of the forest mission, thanks.

We might experience some hectic action like that at Forest in a few months

BogusKun
Jul 17, 2012, 04:13 PM
We might experience some hectic action like that at Forest in a few months

Well we need to soon, it's just not as exciting as it was when Ragne and company crashed the parties when it and the 2 other Rockbears appeared out of no where in Area 1 locations... and when you killed a Ragne you discovered there is another one behind it about 10 paces away.

Vashyron
Jul 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
Story Missions S rank isn't even necessary. (So far at least.)

Asking for nerfs at this point because solely of a "difficulty" issue with things like the Chapter Bosses makes me think people just want the Win handed to them.

Shocking.

Very Shocking! Haha.