PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance time/length? 07-18 (7-17 US)

heylookapanda
Jul 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so I figured I would make one. I looked on PSUblog and didn't see info regarding the amount of time or the actual time listings for the maintenance. If anyone has any information regarding the JP time the servers went down and will be going back up, please post it here :) I and others I'm sure would appreciate it.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 02:26 PM
Thought it was just for an hour (give or take)

Metalsnake27
Jul 17, 2012, 02:29 PM
They never announced an actual time for the maintenance as far as I know.

or at least I have not seen it.

However, I found this.

Scheduled maintenance are on every Wendsday from 11:00 to 17:00 JST (10:00pm-4am EDT roughly)

This is most likely when it is unless they announce otherwise.

heylookapanda
Jul 17, 2012, 02:30 PM
Thought it was just for an hour (give or take)

Well, I just woke up. I have no idea when the game even went down lol. I figured it would be longer since new content was being added.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
However, I found this.

Scheduled maintenance are on every Wendsday from 11:00 to 17:00 JST (10:00pm-4am EDT roughly)

This is most likely when it is unless they announce otherwise.

11 is when the funscratch changes, so I assume that's the update, 6 hours long

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 02:55 PM
but it's not down? what?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
but it's not down? what?

11 am JST, which is 10 pm EST. 6 hours away, then 6 hours of maintenance

津村斗貴子
Jul 17, 2012, 03:51 PM
Doesn't the maintenance start at 8:30 - 9:30 AM JST or is that something else?

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=220

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 04:26 PM
Doesn't the maintenance start at 8:30 - 9:30 AM JST or is that something else?

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=220

That was "yesterday"
Since Japan is 16-13 hours forward

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 05:15 PM
I was told by Ricardo the same as what GoldenFalcon has said.

Maintenance should start at 10:00 PM Eastern, and the servers should be down for six hours.

heylookapanda
Jul 17, 2012, 06:39 PM
Isn't the 603 error the servers down error? I got that when I tried to logon = .=

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 06:42 PM
That's 630, I don't recall what 603 is.

I'm connected to ship 2 right now, so at the very least this one is up.

Ana-Chan
Jul 17, 2012, 06:43 PM
603 is different, it is 649 for the servers are down for maintenance.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 06:43 PM
Isn't the 603 error the servers down error? I got that when I tried to logon = .=

Odd. All of the ships are green for me (green = online/yellow = close to max capacity/grey = offline). So yeah, I just logged on no problem. There must be something on your end causing the error.

Ryno
Jul 17, 2012, 07:32 PM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/errot.png

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 07:35 PM
You can't get on Derp? :c

Geonizer/Iceman
Jul 17, 2012, 07:41 PM
602 or 603 is for user id or password error.

Ana-Chan
Jul 17, 2012, 07:57 PM
601 should be ID error, 602 is password error. I'm translating that message right now, but I think 603 is that you have got a valid SEGA ID but you haven't registered for PSO2.
Or I could be getting those the wrong way around, just logged out, entered a gibberish string of text as the ID and it gave me 603.

KrankItVZ
Jul 17, 2012, 09:04 PM
Oh well just great. Maintenance just started so now 6 hours? meh...

I swear this game has WAY too many maintenance and they are absurdly long

supersonix9
Jul 17, 2012, 09:05 PM

Be thankful, it's the Mines update.

Get used to it. Go find a hobby for while you're waiting.

Kirukia
Jul 17, 2012, 09:06 PM
Well it's a big update.
Yukatas are coming out so I guess I forgive them.

supersonix9
Jul 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
Well it's a big update.

And a whole new area?

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 09:08 PM
NO. COSTUMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT.

Metalsnake27
Jul 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Servers just went down, and I was just about to buy something when my computer crashed.

-sigh- oh well.

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2012, 09:15 PM
Weren't people complaining that they won't have enough stuff to do? I'm having trouble catching up fast enough to do all the things I want to do before stuff happens. At least now I can access the mines, but I have stories and matter boards to do! And my alts are still lv lol!

Go find a hobby for while you're waiting.

Might I suggest the original Phantasy Star games? It gives you the general atmosphere to sate your withdrawal symptoms, while teaching you where everything you've gotten used to comes from.
Mostly though, it tells you why I go into an otherworldly rage when people think newmans are space elves.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 09:16 PM
NO. COSTUMES ARE MORE IMPORTANT.

Despite his blatant sarcasm, he is correct.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
Mostly though, it tells you why I go into an otherworldly rage when people think newmans are space elves.

Oh, I don't think Newmans are space elves. They are space elves. *runs*

Please don't hurt me. Levia really is beautifu- heeeeeey, put that Partizan down!

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 09:19 PM
Weren't people complaining that they won't have enough stuff to do? I'm having trouble catching up fast enough to do all the things I want to do before stuff happens. At least now I can access the mines, but I have stories and matter boards to do! And my alts are still lv lol!

Might I suggest the original Phantasy Star games? It gives you the general atmosphere to sate your withdrawal symptoms, while teaching you where everything you've gotten used to comes from.

In space: check.
Elves: check

That makes them space elves!

I kid, I kid. They were engineered on Coral so are obviously Coralian elves!

(I kid again)

sugarFO
Jul 17, 2012, 09:27 PM
In space: check.
Elves: check

That makes them space elves!

I kid, I kid. They were engineered on Coral so are obviously Coralian elves!

(I kid again)
How are they not space elves though really?

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2012, 09:28 PM
I believe what makes Zorafim rage is how newmen have been assigned to magic duty (traditionally the role of elfin races in online games) when in the original series, newmen ****ed **** up, up close and personal with claws.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 17, 2012, 09:32 PM
I was told by Ricardo the same as what GoldenFalcon has said.

Maintenance should start at 10:00 PM Eastern, and the servers should be down for six hours.

QFT, for me it should start at 8pm mountain time and the times Sega gives an approximate 6 hour window that the maintenance should last about six hours. When I say approximate the maintenance could last one hour or it could last the full six hours we don't know.

Hopefully the maintenance times will get shorter in the future and become more like server resets (ie. just turning the servers off then back on again like how WoW dose every week). Though I can still see them having the six hour window to fix anything that might arise in the future as well.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 17, 2012, 09:39 PM
How are they not space elves though really?
Humans are nomands, Newman are their sexy space elf concubines, and CASTs are glorified toasters built to slave for their fleshling Masters.

Pic related below.

http://i.imgur.com/WOWl8.gif

Here we see 2 races wearing the maid uniform. On top(and rightfully there) we see a Human female. On the bottom(where "it" belongs) is a CAST. As for that silly notion between "female" and "male"... I assure you, it is just a delusion and faulty programming. There is only CAST and LISA.

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 09:42 PM
Humans are nomands, Newman are their sexy space elf concubines, and CASTs are glorified toasters built to slave for their fleshling Masters.

Pic related below.

Here we see 2 races wearing the maid uniform. On top(and rightfully there) we see a Human female. On the bottom(where "it" belongs) is a CAST. As for that silly notion between "female" and "male"... I assure you, it is just a delusion and faulty programming. There is only CAST and LISA.

Don't make me beat you, meatbag.

Enforcer MKV

Pic related below.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/WOWl8.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hey! HEY! I resent that! I am NOT a glorified toaster!

I'm a wine cooler.

......wait a minute. ._.

TetsuyaHikari

Pic related below.

I can assure you... I have no, "fleshling" Master, nor will I have one, contrary to my main's name, lol. I'm my own Master :3

Hosaka
Jul 17, 2012, 09:54 PM

Pic related below.

Dat Spinmeido.

http://i.imgur.com/j7yhS.gif

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 09:58 PM
So it's going to be bikinis in the AC scratch and not the yukata & kimono yet right?

Or are they throwing both in?

Well it's a big update.

Good job, Vylera.

So you'd rather have no content updates and server maints for 2 months?

RSmiroldo
Jul 17, 2012, 10:07 PM
I have to use a VPN to download updates, does anyone know how big the update is going to be (file size)?

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2012, 10:08 PM
So it's going to be bikinis in the AC scratch and not the yukata & kimono yet right?

Or are they throwing both in?

Good job, Vylera.

So you'd rather have no content updates and server maints for 2 months?

Yukata this update.
Swimsuit is in next one, most likely mid-august, along with the crystal dragon.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 17, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hey! HEY! I resent that! I am NOT a glorified toaster!

I'm a wine cooler.

......wait a minute. ._.

Hey your Not Only a exelent wine cooler. You're a Military Grade piece of Recon Equipment equipped with IR, Night Vision, and Variable clothing layer X-ray optics and...oh...ignore that last thing i just said. ^^; ^^

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 10:14 PM
Yukata this update.

A lot of people in the lobby earlier were throwing around the date, "August 1st" for our next update. I'm not sure if there's anything to that, but I figured I'd share it anyway.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 17, 2012, 10:15 PM
Hey your Not Only a exelent wine cooler. You're a Military Grade piece of Recon Equipment equipped with IR, Night Vision, and Variable clothing layer X-ray optics and...oh...ignore that last thing on the list. ^^; ^^

X-ray, you say? *clicks them on, and looks at Joe, only to get shot*

GAH! NO! I'M SORRY! UWAAAAH! *Scurries away*

H-HEY CORNELIA!!! HELP ME!!!! D:

I'm so gonna pay for this in the morning, but I don't care. It's hella funny right now. 8D

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 17, 2012, 10:59 PM
Yukata this update.

Aw, really?
And I've been saving up for both.

Asuni
Jul 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
Aw, really?
And I've been saving up for both.

waiiiiiiiiiiit what is crystal dragon??

Blackheart521
Jul 17, 2012, 11:04 PM
waiiiiiiiiiiit what is crystal dragon??

It is presumably the Floating Islands Area Update and is the name of the next content patch I believe. Purely speculation on what the area in it will be on my part of course. ^^

Polly
Jul 17, 2012, 11:05 PM
It is presumably the Floating Islands Area Update and is the name of the next content patch I believe. Purely specualtion on my part of course. ^^

No no no, it's the name of a cheesy fantasy metal band!

CRYSTAL DRAGON!

Alright, too many drinks, I'll stop posting now!

Please resume your regularly scheduled maintenance topic!

Mike
Jul 17, 2012, 11:07 PM
Looks like the update is available now. Might as well snag it now before the rush when the servers come up.

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2012, 11:13 PM
A lot of people in the lobby earlier were throwing around the date, "August 1st" for our next update. I'm not sure if there's anything to that, but I figured I'd share it anyway.

That's based on the date that the wedding dress will be removed, 08/01.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/sysimages/bnr00158.jpg

Mid August is just my guess, since Sega seems to like to do big update in monthly, as Yukata is mid July, give 1 month for people to get then next outfit.

And crystal dragon is from the roadmap the Late summer update with Swimsuit
= 天翔ける結晶龍 =
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=165

Asuni
Jul 17, 2012, 11:18 PM
It is presumably the Floating Islands Area Update and is the name of the next content patch I believe. Purely speculation on what the area in it will be on my part of course. ^^

that sounds pretty nice :3 i can't wait till a ruins like level comes out...i loved the dark feeling that PSO brought to the table

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 11:46 PM
Looks like the update is available now. Might as well snag it now before the rush when the servers come up.

Grabbing it now. Thanks for the heads up~!

Drutyper
Jul 18, 2012, 12:05 AM
I appreciate the updates they do on this game, it shows they are working hard on patching it and adding new content to a practically brand new game. Awesome job SEGA!

Ship 9 is down by the way, wonder when its going to come back on.

Blackheart521
Jul 18, 2012, 12:07 AM
Ship 9 is down by the way, wonder when its going to come back on.

all ships are down... do you mean it isn't on the list or something?

Vylera
Jul 18, 2012, 02:02 AM
Game's up.

Aewyn
Jul 18, 2012, 02:08 AM
Yup, it's up.