PDA

View Full Version : Losing brand new characters?

Erza Scarlet
Jul 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
So me and my friend deleted our characters that we bought to move ship, and it now says we need to pay again to make another character after we paid to make a second character already? I thought that once you buy a character slot its supposed to be permanent?

Metalsnake27
Jul 17, 2012, 02:44 PM
When you pay for a character, your paying for the character, not the character slot.

Kind of stupid but that's how they get ya.

Others made the same mistake too.

Erza Scarlet
Jul 17, 2012, 02:48 PM
Well that sucks thanks anyways, just wanted to be sure so I don't make the same mistake again.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 02:52 PM
lots of threads poking up like this

why would you delete a new character though? just make the new one where you want it

goombazoid
Jul 17, 2012, 02:55 PM
lots of threads poking up like this

why would you delete a new character though? just make the new one where you want it

Ships were locked from creating new characters for a while there, maybe they made a character on a ship then when character locks were lifted they wanted to be on a different ship to play with friends or something.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:03 PM
There's no way to tell everyone, so these threads will appear for a good amount of time

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2012, 03:16 PM
There's no way to tell everyone, so these threads will appear for a good amount of time

They did tell everyone in the patch notice,
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=220

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 03:36 PM
They did tell everyone in the patch notice,
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=220
As if people who go to PSO-W would know (how) to read that

BogusKun
Jul 17, 2012, 04:04 PM
You're supposed to make a new account. Do people ever read the ToS on these things before they do something drastic? No offense to the thread poster, but you have to be more careful with a Japanese account.

TaigaUC
Jul 17, 2012, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty certain there's a warning in-game in Japanese, but I guess that doesn't help if you can't read it.
I personally think having to pay again for the slot is silly.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 04:07 PM
You're supposed to make a new account. Do people ever read the ToS on these things before they do something drastic? No offense to the thread poster, but you have to be more careful with a Japanese account.

Supposed to make a new account...? Lolwat? I'm pretty sure SoJ doesn't want you making additional accounts to skip out on paying them to get more AC in order to buy a new character. The only reason I even have two accounts is because they were both registered during OBT, which was before AC even came into the picture.

EDIT:
I'm pretty certain there's a warning in-game in Japanese, but I guess that doesn't help if you can't read it.
I personally think having to pay again for the slot is silly.

And yes, there is. They basically have to warn you since you're having to pay about $7.00 for a new character. They want you to be fully aware of the ins-and-outs before making your purchase, but as you said... it doesn't really help if you can't read it, heh.

BogusKun
Jul 17, 2012, 04:15 PM
Supposed to make a new account...? Lolwat? I'm pretty sure SoJ doesn't want you making additional accounts to skip out on paying them to get more AC in order to buy a new character. The only reason I even have two accounts is because they were both registered during OBT, which was before AC even came into the picture.

EDIT:

And yes, there is. They basically have to warn you since you're having to pay about $7.00 for a new character. They want you to be fully aware of the ins-and-outs before making your purchase, but as you said... it doesn't really help if you can't read it, heh.

If you're deleting a character and wanting to pay for a new one you can, I think it's balls-in-the-mouth ridiculous to do so. You can easily register a new e-mail and make a brand new SEGA ID and forget about your old one. It's That Easy.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
If you're deleting a character and wanting to pay for a new one you can, I think it's balls-in-the-mouth ridiculous to do so. You can easily register a new e-mail and make a brand new SEGA ID and forget about your old one. It's That Easy.

As this person said, you're far better off making a new account to create the character on a new ship, since they're separated.
The only time where it's better to pay for a new character is if you're on premium

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 06:13 PM

Yeah, you can easily register a new e-mail for a new SEGA ID to create a new character, but eh... something tells me they're going to make a sweep of multiple accounts one day to prevent people from doing this any further. After all, if they wanted you to have additional free characters, that option would be available from the beginning. All you're doing is cutting a corner because you don't want to pay the AC to buy a new character on your pre-existing account.

I'm not saying I disagree with you that it's ridiculous to pay for one (especially since you're only getting the character and not the slot), but yeah... the price is kind of there for a reason, lol.

UnLucky
Jul 17, 2012, 06:20 PM
Well with multiple characters on the same account you can transfer meseta and items without premium.

Yes, there's actually a use for the bank after all!

krux
Jul 17, 2012, 06:35 PM
Is there anyway at all to change your characters name?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 06:40 PM
Well with multiple characters on the same account you can transfer meseta and items without premium.

This is another reason why I want to just add another character to my account rather than create a new account. I wish I could buy some stuff on my main and transfer it to my alt, Rally, but they are separate accounts. At least with this new character I'm planning on making, I can transfer stuff via storage that my alt can't afford on her own yet.

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 06:43 PM
As if people who go to PSO-W would know (how) to read that

DAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!

NO HE DIDN'T! 8D

(YES HE DID!)

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 06:46 PM
DAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!

NO HE DIDN'T! 8D

(YES HE DID!)

Well, it's true, lol. I think it's a safe bet that most around these parts can't read Japanese, but there are some of us that can. I studied for about a year or so and learned enough to get through games, but not enough to really live in Japan. I really should get back to studying again, but I'm just too laaaaaaaaaaaazy~

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 07:15 PM

Not between 2 ships, which was what I said a 2nd account would be for

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 07:16 PM
See, I think making another account is a terrible idea... because you'd lose all your guild cards 'n' whatnot.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 17, 2012, 07:23 PM
See, I think making another account is a terrible idea... because you'd lose all your guild cards 'n' whatnot.

Yes, a new account to also put on Ship 2 (for example) is just silly

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 09:17 PM
Yes, a new account to also put on Ship 2 (for example) is just silly

Well, that's what I did in OBT, but I wasn't really sure if I'd ever be interested in buying AC for some of the other features. My alt is only level 15, so I guess I could still start over if I wanted to, but meh. It's all good.

I'll just pay for my next alt though. I want access to all those storage and bank options, heh.

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
I think the fact that threads like this are showing up means that we need to have a sticky of how to use the AC shop.

Wasn't there a thread around about how purchasing mags, skill trees, their respective resets, and characters worked?

Maybe a mod can dig that up and sticky it for us all.