PDA

View Full Version : More Maintenence...

AlVaRo0515
Jul 17, 2012, 09:31 PM
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7544/62833571.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/62833571.png/)

Shakuri
Jul 17, 2012, 09:32 PM
but theyre adding stuff this time idk what the problem is

RagnellBlue
Jul 17, 2012, 09:33 PM
Not only that, it's a weekly PLANNED maintenance. No one should've been surprised by this.

ashley50
Rest assured, the NA/EU version will have less. (Same for content)

Metalsnake27
Scheduled maintenances are on Wednesdays. This one is actually adding new content,.

The past couple ones were for just server-side fixes, finally unlocking ships (those ones were short) and also to fix that npc hacking thing....

They do tend to have a lot but nothing you can really do about it.

Crimson Exile
Jul 17, 2012, 09:34 PM
Lol adding more content

Dabian
Jul 17, 2012, 09:36 PM
Yo foo I heard you didn't like content updates and didn't bother to check before posting so we added flame responses to your thread.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 09:52 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/AkxjH.jpg[/spoiler-box]

AlVaRo0515
Jul 17, 2012, 09:54 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/AkxjH.jpg[/spoiler-box]

lol alright, calm down guys, I didnt know /: no need for the flaming comments, I just found that meme funny.

Vylera
Jul 17, 2012, 10:09 PM
"The game is getting improved. Let's complain about it."

I like that logic.

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2012, 10:13 PM
lol alright, calm down guys, I didnt know /: no need for the flaming comments, I just found that meme funny.

Ignorance isn't an excuse.
They announced the weekly fix time awhile back, it's right in the front page of the official site.
And it's also been stated in multiple topic on this board on what this fix will entail, and have been discussed since last week.

ScottyMango
Jul 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
This game is up for about a week at a time, before a few hours of maintenance.

Are those few hours really that much to complain about, especially when they're improving the game...?

I mean, I've been playing the hell out of this game, but there's nothing wrong with taking a break for a couple hours.

gigawuts
Jul 17, 2012, 10:19 PM
Oh relax, like anyone here has never missed any important news in their entire life. Lighten up on the guy.

Priest
Jul 17, 2012, 10:20 PM
But flaming is the perfect way to pass the time!

BogusKun
Jul 17, 2012, 10:22 PM
Back in the PSO v1- Episode 3 days... this thread would have been closed... due to A***

Dan Maku
Jul 17, 2012, 10:22 PM
We were made aware of this maintenance at least a week beforehand. If it snuck up on you, well...pay more attention in the future.

And as was said, 'tis a big content update. New area, new missions, new bosses. It's all good.

Polly
Jul 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
Oh, this meme again. xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD

Goodfella
Jul 17, 2012, 10:37 PM
Maintenance is happening right now ? Because I didn't know, I opened PSO2, I got the updater thingy but it stopped suddenly and now I can't open PSO.exe anymore, even the launcher gives me an error... Is it normal ? O_o

Agitated_AT
Jul 17, 2012, 10:39 PM
That OP was hilarious

Shirai
Jul 17, 2012, 10:39 PM
At least its a content update.
;____;

Goodfella
Jul 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
help ?

Skye-Fox713
Jul 17, 2012, 10:44 PM
Yo Dawg! So I heard you like maintenance so we put maintenance on your maintenance so you can maintenance while you maintenance.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

sorry I couldn't help it. I always get a nice little chuckle when I think of that phrase.

goldwing
Jul 17, 2012, 10:50 PM
Yo Dawg! So I heard you like maintenance so we put maintenance on your maintenance so you can maintenance while you maintenance.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

sorry I couldn't help it. I always get a nice little chuckle when I think of that phrase.

lol nice i couldnt help but laugh at that and think man i gotta use that now.

iwerkout
Jul 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
Sweet!
First early night off from work in a month.

TIME FOR UPDATES.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg
:nono: ...

supersonix9
Jul 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
I'm still baffled by how many complaints there are about maintenance, when it's a standard procedure for many games and it's nothing new.

And for Christ's sake, it's maintenance for a huge update. Cry more babies.

iwerkout
Jul 17, 2012, 11:05 PM
http://thequickanddirtydirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/veruca_salt.jpg
I want to play PSO2 and I want to play it NOW!

Polly
Jul 17, 2012, 11:07 PM
I'm still baffled by how many complaints there are about maintenance, when it's a standard procedure for many games and it's nothing new.

Kinda bonkers how people act like any moment of any day when they can't play this game is some kind of earth shattering event, yeah?

KrankItVZ
Jul 17, 2012, 11:07 PM
Ok if its content update but wtf 6 hours is long

AlVaRo0515
Jul 17, 2012, 11:08 PM

I understand that, but they perform a maintenance like every 2 days, and its incredible, PSU never had that much maintenance.

Zeota
Jul 17, 2012, 11:09 PM
Come on! We're getting to fight a giant friggin' BATTLESHIP!

How could you not be happy about that!?

Unless it turns out to be a total pushover.

supersonix9
Jul 17, 2012, 11:10 PM

Play another game! Listen to music! Read a book!

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 17, 2012, 11:11 PM
YU-KA-TA!

Macras
I understand that, but they perform a maintenance like every 2 days, and its incredible, PSU never had that much maintenance.

PSU also let sometimes crippling bugs stay for weeks on end, personally i'd rather have the maintenance than let there be issues constantly..

Polly
Come on! We're getting to fight a giant friggin' BATTLESHIP!

How could you not be happy about that!?

Unless it turns out to be a total pushover.

Even if the boss is a total pushover, I hope it's at the very least a technical marvel of some sort. Like its sheer size and grandiosity of the fight itself. If they're doing something so big already, you can only imagine what "endgame" content may be.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 11:12 PM
PSU never had that much maintenance.

And we all know how that turned out, lol.

Blackheart521
Jul 17, 2012, 11:13 PM

This should be a compliment to PSO2, no maintenance means the developers don't care, this means they want the game to be good and are actually working for it. plus... NEW CONTENT! ^^

Asuni
I want my yukata :3

supersonix9

Because PSU didn't follow the same F2P build that PSO2 did.

PSO2 is also new and still needs bugs patched.

PSU didn't have maintenance, but with that also comes no content updates. Or it was extremely rare.

Cyanide77
Jul 17, 2012, 11:15 PM
Well I forgot about the update and started my game. Anyone know what is downloading O.o

Asuni
Jul 17, 2012, 11:16 PM
Because PSU didn't follow the same F2P build that PSO2 did.

PSO2 is also new and still needs bugs patched.

PSU didn't have maintenance, but with that also comes no content updates. Or it was extremely rare.

It's good that PSO is having maintenance..but it doesn't stop me from getting annoyed about past maintenances :nerd:

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 17, 2012, 11:25 PM

When PSU first came out in Japan, the game was unplayable for the first week or so and ST ended up giving everyone a month for free.

In fact, they had to roll back the data from the first few days of the game going live because of server-crosstalk.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87702

Now imagine how many angry people you'd get on PSOworld if they had to do a roll-back on PSO2...

When FFXIV first came out... the game was so unplayable that SE ended up giving everyone over a year for free while they worked on a version 2 of the game :-?

Well I forgot about the update and started my game. Anyone know what is downloading O.o
You're pre-patching the update.

Skye-Fox713

Along with the content updates they can be doing multiple other tasks that include maintenance on the software side of the servers and the game or on the hardware side of the servers.

Tang
Yes maintenance is good! more content less bugs. Not to mention i get to read great threads like this to pass time while its down ^^

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2012, 11:34 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19900232.jpg

Meme war, go.

No! You will not put PSU in a positive light! Bad AlVa!

PSU also let sometimes crippling bugs stay for weeks on end, personally i'd rather have the maintenance than let there be issues constantly..

And of all of those, the one they had to fix was the clothing bug. The only bug that gave us more customization, and they had to ruin it.

oifjustus
Jul 17, 2012, 11:36 PM
what are they adding?

Mines?

Blackheart521
Jul 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
what are they adding?

Mines?

Indeed, and the Yukatas are being added to AC scratch. ^^

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 17, 2012, 11:38 PM
Totally off-topic, but hey Tang. You might already be aware, but... you do know there are two L's in your signature for, "BLOCKS" right? Lol.

Goodfella
Jul 18, 2012, 12:00 AM
So is it normal if I get error messages when I open PSO.exe or even the launcher ? They don't even launch at all anymore...

HunterFusion
Jul 18, 2012, 12:04 AM
Sweet!
First early night off from work in a month.

TIME FOR UPDATES.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg
:nono: ...

My reaction to everything I see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQiQ6t0hqSs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQiQ6t0hqSs

BogusKun
Jul 18, 2012, 12:09 AM
Totally off-topic, but hey Tang. You might already be aware, but... you do know there are two L's in your signature for, "BLOCKS" right? Lol.

No, it was on purpose. He asked a few people in FKL if BLOCKS 20/21 would look sexy on his sig-pic. They told him BLLOCKS 20/21 was a lot better and sexier so he chose it.

Ana-Chan
Jul 18, 2012, 01:25 AM

Do clean shutdown for the game server, full database backup, put updates for the client on the update server, patch the server version as needed, maybe do things like patch the server's operating systems and do any other fixes that may be needed then bring the server back up and do basic sanity checks on an entire server farm.
Database backups can take a while, and patching all of the servers as needed can also take a while. There is no way that the server side of PSO2 can exist on one or two small servers so there has to be quite a bit of meaty hardware behind it, they need to service a lot of people at peak times after all. So no, 6 hours isn't that long really.

Dabian
Jul 18, 2012, 01:28 AM
6 hours is short relative to some of the games out there. I have such fond memories of WOW.

"We're extending maintenance by 2 hours". -Blizzard.
"But you've already extended! Twice!"-Us.
"Sucks to be you." -Blizzard.

Vylera
Jul 18, 2012, 01:30 AM
6 hours for a content update is relatively fast.

Most of their maints end early anyway.