PDA

View Full Version : Question about storage

Dan Maku
Jul 17, 2012, 10:52 PM
Is storage universal for all characters on an account (I get an item as one character, put it in storage, and another character on the same account can take it out of storage)?

Xaeris
Jul 17, 2012, 10:54 PM
I don't know about across ships (I'd doubt it), but it is common storage for characters on the same ship.

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2012, 10:56 PM
Same ship, different ship...isn't shared, although I heard something about a 30 slot storage that is shared cross-ship, but I haven't tested or look for that.

Dan Maku
Jul 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
Same ship, different ship...isn't shared, although I heard something about a 30 slot storage that is shared cross-ship, but I haven't tested or look for that.

Wait, so, if the characters are on different ships, it isn't shared, but what about same ship?

Blackheart521
Jul 17, 2012, 11:02 PM
Same ship is shared among all characters on it. ^^

Sizustar
Jul 17, 2012, 11:09 PM
Wait, so, if the characters are on different ships, it isn't shared, but what about same ship?

Storage, Title, Guild-member and fun point are shared by the account.
So is NPC card, so if you have 2 character, you can only set up 1 NPC card.

ps0k1d
Jul 17, 2012, 11:17 PM
Sharing storage is a good and bad thing though, yes it allows you to access your other characters items, but it also limits the amount of things you can hold overall. I guess that is where the premium extra storage space comes in right?

Macman
Jul 17, 2012, 11:22 PM
Seems to me like getting a character on another ship is another way to increase your storage.

If it isn't shared across ships, doesn't that mean you have 200 on one character, and 200 on another?

Blackheart521
Jul 17, 2012, 11:24 PM
Seems to me like getting a character on another ship is another way to increase your storage.

If it isn't shared across ships, doesn't that mean you have 200 on one character, and 200 on another?

True, but then you can't interact in any way with your other character, right there you would be better off just making a second account and saving yourself some money, the only exception would be that you would have premium on both characters on both ships on a single account because of being on the same account, but that's if you have premium. ^^

IceBlink
Jul 18, 2012, 12:53 AM
Storage, Title, Guild-member and fun point are shared by the account.
So is NPC card, so if you have 2 character, you can only set up 1 NPC card.

Really? So if I want a 'family' of characters to play together as NPCs, I basically have to create new accounts for them rather than buy new character slots? Bah!

Aewyn
Jul 18, 2012, 01:13 AM
Well, you can always invite one of yourself along-- you won't be able to fill the group with yourself, though. I confused one of my friends before when they saw me from the quest counter in a party farming 'with myself'. Hah!

Batty
Feb 1, 2015, 11:51 AM
sorry for bringing back an old topic, i wanted to know if is posible to pass "untradeable" items to other characters in your account/ship using the storage? (for example FUN scratch items, Nyau suit, etc)

Anduril
Feb 1, 2015, 12:25 PM
sorry for bringing back an old topic, i wanted to know if is posible to pass "untradeable" items to other characters in your account/ship using the storage? (for example FUN scratch items, Nyau suit, etc)
As long as it on the same account and ship, yes. This could have just gone in the Quick Question thread, though.