PDA

View Full Version : Desert help

fay
Jul 18, 2012, 07:18 AM
I didn't see a section for getting people to help with missions so thought I would post it here.

Basically i'm finding it practically impossible to progress through the game, mainly because the majority of my runs are solos. I'm trying to unlock the free desert mission but I can't get past that mission that needs to be S ranked in under 18 minutes. Just want to have all levels unlocked so I can play them freely to be honest.

I'm on ship 2. My character name should be in my signature. Currently level 23 force.
So yeah, I would appreciate if anyone could help me get through this. The game is getting boring because I just can't progress at all.

drizzle
Jul 18, 2012, 08:08 AM
Do you have trouble clearing the mission in time or clearing it at all? A level 23 Force can do it solo (I did it at a lower level).
It's the one with the button-mash towers, if I recall correctly? Just kill your way though area 1, rush through area 2, and in area 3 pray that the towers don't take 10 minutes to spawn. Should be enough for S rank.

fay
Jul 18, 2012, 09:09 AM
Yeah its just clearing it in time. I have no problem killing the enemies. All my spells are level 9, minus one that is lv 8 and one being lv 10.

I actually just found out how to clear those towers yesterday. But they're a big pain. Those towers take up way too much time for me to clear it. Even had 2 other people in my team yesterday and we still couldn't do it.

drizzle
Jul 18, 2012, 09:14 AM
The towers themselves should only take a minute or so, when you figure out how they work.

Mash the 'use' button when they light up - and don't touch them when it doesn't. If you do, the progress bar goes back down. Other people in your team that don't know how they work are more likely to mess it up than to help ;)

fay
Jul 18, 2012, 09:17 AM
Actually we destroyed the towers to be fair lol. Its just we can't get through the mission fast enough while trying to kill enough for the S rank :/. It wouldn't be as bad if I knew how many enemies make the S.

Vyscillius
Jul 18, 2012, 09:27 AM
It should be pretty easy for a lvl23 Force. I did it in 12-14minutes with a lvl22 Hunter with the help of 3NPC.
Really, just kill every mobs in the 1st zone, every mobs that are in your way in the 2nd zone and you'll be fine. If you see that you're short on time, rush it. For example, set your own timer, something like :
-5min for 1st zone
-7min for 2nd zone
-every remaining minutes for the 3rd zone

Try to plan your course of action based on the time you grant yourself and try to stick to your plan, you should be fine.

fay
Jul 18, 2012, 09:37 AM
I shall give it another go. Heres hoping I can get out of there. The areas after Desert look so much better.

pikachief
Jul 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
I shall give it another go. Heres hoping I can get out of there. The areas after Desert look so much better.

Well after desert you unlock hard mode for forest caves and desert. :/ so your actually stuck in those 3 areas until at least lvl 30