PDA

View Full Version : Which weapons from PSOBB would u like to see in PSO2?

Weaselheart
Jul 18, 2012, 09:11 AM
So far i have seen Kireek´s weapon (the hucast from the very first pso quest)...

I´dl ike to see Jizai, Dark Flow, and maybe some double edged sabers, can´t even begin to imagine what combos would be like, in this game, with the last type i mentioned, but HAS TO BE COOL!

So, any weapons u miss from psobb that u would like to see on pso2 ? :D

ChickenHunter
Jul 18, 2012, 09:13 AM
DB' Sabers. Gotta party like its 3075

Aki03
Jul 18, 2012, 09:14 AM
Old school Double Saber or the transparent Flowens Sword : 3

The Walrus
Jul 18, 2012, 09:16 AM
Vivienne :3

Weaselheart
Jul 18, 2012, 09:16 AM
haha, a new version of Flowens Sword would be EPIC!!! totally forgot about it, since normally drops with no big stats :P

drizzle
Jul 18, 2012, 09:18 AM
Psycho Wand D:

KurotenZer0
Jul 18, 2012, 09:20 AM
Agito, G-Assassin's sabers (even as a W. Lance I want to see this weapon) enemy part weapons in general, and the Elysion for Forces

Kazlan
Jul 18, 2012, 09:21 AM
Probably about 80% of all the rare weapons in pso. I don't want them all now though it would be cool if they released a few with each lvl cap up. In particular I would like to see the rifles and the rods.

Weaselheart
Jul 18, 2012, 09:37 AM
well, now that u mention it, there werent many rare rods, and not SO many rares rifles...Most of the rares i remember were hunter weapons...few ranger, and barely a single force wep, aside of those bluehilde heads, or whatever they were called...

Agito would be cool as a Sword, instead of a saber...never like G. assassins arms, or any of the "mob limb" weapons...

HFlowen
Jul 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
All of them. Bring back ALL OF THEM.

Broken_L_button
Jul 18, 2012, 11:19 AM
None of them.

Meevs
Jul 18, 2012, 11:34 AM
All types of cool slicers, Hunters can use! :D

Lostbob117
Jul 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
Dark flow.

supersonix9
Jul 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
Agito Original.

Darki
Jul 18, 2012, 11:43 AM
None. Specially if they're going to be rares and strong weapons like in PSU were most of the PSO nostalgia shit. i'm kinda tired of that.

How are they going to create new cool unique weapons that will be remembered in further games, if they just keep shoving Soul Eaters and other old shit here?

Lostbob117
Jul 18, 2012, 11:47 AM
TJS
SJS
Victor Axe
Laconium Axe
Chain Sawd
Crazy Tune
Bedysh
Maguwa
Bamboo Spear

Do I win something if I have the most?

r00tabaga
Jul 18, 2012, 11:53 AM
It seems like this question comes up every two weeks then gets buried. Musashi swords would be the one I want.

God of Awesome
Jul 18, 2012, 05:01 PM
T-J Sword, Agito, Musashi and Chain Sawd.

gigawuts
Jul 18, 2012, 05:01 PM
chainsawd

and PSU seemed to have a double saber chainsawd, so that too

and then twin chainsawds

GoldenFalcon
Jul 18, 2012, 05:14 PM
Well, you say BB specifically
So my list ought to be:
Girasole
Jizai
Flamberge

Rowe
Jul 18, 2012, 05:16 PM
I want a Crazy Tune gunslash so hard. Things will get ALL kinds of FLCL up in here.

Ryuujin13
Jul 18, 2012, 05:35 PM
J-sword, akikio's frying pan, Double Cannon, , Dark Flow, Mag evo event items (Chu-chu, Chao, sega system, etc)

gigawuts
Jul 18, 2012, 05:40 PM
Oh yeah, and the chu chu frame. I wish to explode with chu chus.

Weaselheart
Jul 18, 2012, 07:09 PM
None. Specially if they're going to be rares and strong weapons like in PSU were most of the PSO nostalgia shit. i'm kinda tired of that.

How are they going to create new cool unique weapons that will be remembered in further games, if they just keep shoving Soul Eaters and other old shit here?

Question came to my head when i saw an actual original PSO weapon, not saying that all weps should look like the old ones, since so far im liking better the new ones, BUT, "if there was an old one that u would like to see in this game, as they have already added at least 1 PSO weapon on pso2"

I dont doubt they will do some crazy weapons for this game, I AM looking forward to it.

Geistritter
Jul 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
Twin Brand. NUG-2000. Guilty Light (although Photon Launcher's already in, but it isn't black).

Laxedrane
Jul 18, 2012, 08:51 PM
Maining a force right now and none of the cards from the original PSO really did it for me. Rods either, I use to run around with a Battle verge as my cosmetic weapon of choice though. So that get's my vote.

I mainly used canes and wands in that game. GO GO SUMMIT MOON! I did use a chaos sorcerer's rod simply for the stats, not for the look. Oh and I guess Caduceus was nice.

I mainly liked the joke weapons, like wok of Akiko's shop, Madam's umbrella, and Huge battlefan were my main choices from those weapons.

Noblewine
Jul 18, 2012, 08:58 PM
I want to see all the pso weapons and be able to duel wield in PSU.
My favorite was Double sabers, Twin daggers, Spears and Axes.

Kirukia
Jul 18, 2012, 09:52 PM
Completely agree with Flowen's Sword.
I'm pretty sure they'll bring back Psycho Wand, just much later on.

I'd like to see Caduceus or Mercurius Rod.
Twin Falclaws I'd like to see as WLances. Not from PSOBB, but Rika's Claw is which is the 1-handed version.

Also Sigh of a God and Prophecy of Motav.
What can I say, I was a force in PSO.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 19, 2012, 12:34 AM
Maybe from Zero I'd like to see the Yasminkov M95 and M109s return. They're probably the best Yasminkov guns in the series. If they bring back lasers, then add Tartaros and Chaos Cannons.
also:
Yonohate In
Klau Solas
Roche Limit

From Blueburst... I guess Daylight Scar might be neat.

Macman
Jul 19, 2012, 07:17 AM
Where's my Chain Sawd, Sega?!

velociti
Jul 19, 2012, 08:46 AM
Last Swan, Vivienne, Excalibur, flamberge (Q-tip flaming double saber thing),

This game needs special attacks geez, that's what is missing from pso2. That gave variety in pso1. Also, I don't like how to increase elemental you need the same weapon. That's like saying you need 25 Dark Flows to make it's element 50, ridiculous at end game. (that's why photon spheres gave balance to adding attribute%, it works for any weapon)

GoldenFalcon
Jul 19, 2012, 08:50 AM
Last Swan

This game needs special attacks geez, that's what is missing from pso2. That gave variety in pso1. Also, I don't like how to increase elemental you need the same weapon. That's like saying you need 25 Dark Flows to make it's element 50, ridiculous at end game. (that's why photon spheres gave balance to adding attribute%, it works for any weapon)

What's that

Also, wait till the photon drop shop is available

Alnet
Jul 19, 2012, 10:01 AM
Vivienne and... admittedly, not much else. I loved PSO rares, but this ain't PSO, so I'd prefer to let those weapons rest in peace.

velociti
Jul 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
huh, this isn't pso? what game are we playing then? tera? wow? runescape? this game is pso, and just so you know they already have 5 weapons I know from pso1, so TOO BAD it isn't going to happen.
Last swan was the only handgun in pso that shot as fast as a mechgun (last swan is for females, master raven for males).
seriously there's no special attacks, why? People bought weapons just for their specials, you know, frozen shooter, always freezes enemies, etc.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 19, 2012, 05:47 PM
flamberge (Q-tip flaming double saber thing),

You are thinking of Twin Blaze. Flamberge was a blue not wavy saber.

seriously there's no special attacks, why? People bought weapons just for their specials, you know, frozen shooter, always freezes enemies, etc.
Well, the thing about that is, some of those specials (Like frozen shooter's) were varying from junk, to cheap, to game breaking. It's why everybody bawed viciously over Spread Needle even though it was nerfed. It's why if you had a Frozen Shooter, all other rifles and sometimes other guns in general were worthless to you. It's why Charge Vulcan were THE mechgun of choice. It's why Excalibur is the most broken saber ever. It's why Zanba can top the Tsumikiri J sword despite the latter's extreme ATP. Following that, it's why Dark Flow was reduced to a novelty item.

PSO weapon balance was horrible all around. Rarity isn't a solution to this.

gigawuts
Jul 19, 2012, 05:58 PM
So rebalance the specials, don't fucking remove them. Weapons are now a model and damage number - nothing more. Nothing makes a weapon's functionality unique unless it's tekked with lucky rise, and even then the extra affixes can be entirely random so the model still doesn't mean anything. The only static affixes I know of are burn on a few weapons and HP on the last survivor - which, again, only unique because of lucky rise. If you don't care about that, you can transfer those to any weapon.

Alnet
Jul 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
huh, this isn't pso? what game are we playing then? tera? wow? runescape? this game is pso, and just so you know they already have 5 weapons I know from pso1, so TOO BAD it isn't going to happen.
Last swan was the only handgun in pso that shot as fast as a mechgun (last swan is for females, master raven for males).

Allow me to clarify.

PSO came out 10 years ago, if the "10th anniversary" logo has any validity to it. Blue Burst came out in 2004. This is the year 2012, and a completely different game.

New stuff please, not rehashes. They've had the time to come up with them.

velociti
Jul 19, 2012, 09:25 PM
psobb is pso1 stupid. pso has 4 episodes btw.
episode 1 (came out in the olden days on dreamcast (and pc, and ver2, etc))
episode 2 (has ep 1 with it, came out on gamecube)
episode 3 (never tried it)
episode 4 (you know, blue burst lololol?)

you can play ep1,2,and 4 on psobb. therefore, psobb is a part of pso1, because pso1 is integrated exactly with psobb, except for the duping which was in ep1 and 2.
get destroyed! also, development started in 2009 or so for pso2, so they did not have as much time as you think "they" had to develop "new" weapons (you probably thought 10 years, but if they don't get paid for their work, they won't be making concept art for pso2 in 2001)

ZcRaider
Jul 19, 2012, 11:51 PM
I would be content if they just add Double Sabers to the game.

But if we are gonna be creative here:

Twin Brand, Monkey King Bar, and the infamous Raikiri. I know its not the best energy spitting sword...but dang nabbit my Humar could actually use the thing, and i actually like the lighting sound.

You know...come to think of it. That PA for the spear in PSO2 that sends the energy slices....reminds me of the Raikiri's Special. Even sounds similar too....

AlMcFly
Jul 19, 2012, 11:53 PM
If Mille Marteaux ever came back, I don't care if it were gimped to hell, it would always be in one of my weapon palettes.

Fafnir
Jul 20, 2012, 12:01 AM
From Blueburst... I guess Daylight Scar might be neat.

It's already in PSO2 as a mediocre W.Lance.

LillyLunardi
Jul 20, 2012, 01:23 AM
Double Cannon.
Gib nao pls?

Seriously I can't imagine how long it's going to be for this bad boy to be in PSO2. Betting over a year.. D:
Heck double sabers aren't even IN the game currently..

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2012, 01:30 AM
I pray these are put in PSO2:

1) Double Cannon
2) Meteor Cudgel
3) Sealed J-Sword (or very similar Black, long bladed Katana type sword)
4) Lavis Cannon

Cobaltp07
Jul 20, 2012, 02:44 AM
Snow Queen. my favorite weapon in psobb :D

AdmiralPit
Jul 20, 2012, 02:53 AM
A Caduceus is what I'd want at the very least, something heavenly and angelic to fit my style.

LordHogFred
Jul 20, 2012, 05:59 AM
I'd have to say Chain Sawd and Musashi/Yamato were my favs.

Poemi
Jul 20, 2012, 06:14 AM
Akiko's frying pan!

Weaselheart
Jul 20, 2012, 08:20 AM
while i respect and consider intelligent, ppl that are looking forward to "ALL new weapons" (makes perfect sense)...I still cant see why they acuse players of not moving forward into the new gen of pso (it IS STILL PSO), since we are playing PSO2, and not PSU or PSOBB.

remember final fantasy XII (probably im the only one that likes that game), noone like it, at least most of FF fans hated it, mainly, they had no way to connect or relate the game to its previous releases...all new summons noone knew, a non turned based combat, licenses, characters dont dont fit into their expected roles...Same for PSU, was so far distant, from PSO, that liking it was already a challenge.

I have no doubt they will reboot some old weapons, like it or not, the ones we mentioned or not...

And is not a nostalgia thread as much as it is a curiosity filler, since i have already said, im liking PSO2 so far as it is in every single aspect (weapons included)...

For example, in pso2, getting a rare in the first lvls is kinda common and cool, compared to pso, where u had to at least be on hard mode to start seeing very cheap rares...s that´s a point for pso2.

Dont mix things pso2 exists cause of pso, if they have the time to make useless bikinis, they could spend some more making useful weapons, no question they will reboot some (more) pso weapons whether you like the weapons or not, you like that FACT or not...Of course we all hope they arent as broken as they were on psobb.

PSO2 has to be to the PS saga what Sonic generations HAD to be (to redem) for Sonic saga...This game better pick all elements made the original good, with, of course several tech improvements...

And one last thing, rather ppl that answer "none" to this thread, which is an actual answer, than ppl that go around the subject to acuse players to be stuck in the old ways...curiosity, discussion, pso, fun...And Flamberge lol

Macman
Jul 20, 2012, 08:28 AM
while i respect and consider intelligent, ppl that are looking forward to "ALL new weapons" (makes perfect sense)...I still cant see why they acuse players of not moving forward into the new gen of pso (it IS STILL PSO), since we are playing PSO2, and not PSU or PSOBB.
Because there was nothing wrong with the designs of the previous weapons and people would like to see new life breathed into their classic favorites.

I mean jeez it's not like you have people hoping for every box rare from PSO1 to return. Mostly the more iconic weapons are what people want. I look forward to new weapons and returning classics. I'm in love with that white/blue rifle and that snowflake gunslash.

Brindizer
Jul 20, 2012, 09:58 AM
I miss the Ebil Crust =(

I hope to see some of the Arts return from PSZero.

We've already got a few of them from Zero, but specifically, I'd like to see Over End on my sword, Earth Bullet on a gunslash, and Bite Stamp on ... something.

I also demand the return of Bogga Zubba. Fists will not be the same without the PAUNCH.