PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Rare Drop Rates?

KrankItVZ
Jul 18, 2012, 09:54 PM
As the title says. For me it seems like like the market is now filling up fast with rares quite fast. Even though its the more useless ones it is still a rare. Certainly dropping the prices. What I'm afraid of is that the other actual rares getting affecting and losing its value. Drop rates for the rare gunslashes are broken id say at least and wired lances are doing the same thing now.

I'm on ship 9 btw.

Metalsnake27
Jul 18, 2012, 10:14 PM
Only got 1 Rare ever so I can't really say... besides all of those 4/5* gun blades x.x (if you can count those as rare)

Rowe
Jul 18, 2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah, they really need to do something about the gunslash drop rate. I know that having fsome junk-rares is pretty much a necessity, but at least in PSO, hunters had the junk DB Saber, rangers had the junk Varista, and forces had that junk Club of Laconium. Having all classes get the same POS gunslash is just cruel.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 18, 2012, 10:27 PM
Huh? How do you pronounce "Rare Drop"?

Ru...air... duh.... ropp...? Is that right? What is that? I've never heard or seen anything matching that description. If I do happen to find anything matching this description, I'll be sure to let you know!

Elmera
Jul 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
The most worthless weapon in my opinion is gunslashes. First of all there is no gear for them, and second of all very few things in the skill tree benefit them. One of the few things I see people using them for is forces to get mp back. Nobody is going to put much money into a weapon like that.

KrankItVZ
Jul 18, 2012, 10:39 PM
The 3 rares I found were all crap gunslashes...

Xaton
Jul 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
well this is open beta it may be high drop rates of rares to get them into market or they will reset open beta or somthing.

KrankItVZ
Jul 18, 2012, 10:52 PM
Uhhh the games released

goldwing
Jul 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
well this is open beta it may be high drop rates of rares to get them into market or they will reset open beta or somthing.

Open beta?

Blackheart521
Jul 18, 2012, 10:54 PM

The game has been in full release since the 4th of July. ^^;

Edit: Double ninja'd

BlueCast Boy
Jul 18, 2012, 11:02 PM
So far I got only two rare weapons usually gunblades, hard to get rare items.

Agitated_AT
Jul 18, 2012, 11:09 PM
I think they are excellently balanced within pso2. In pso1 the rate would suck, but because of the player shops it only makes sense it being very low.

I have only found 1 in my play

MaggotSai
Jul 18, 2012, 11:15 PM
I found five today, 2 useful 3 not so useful. This is the most I've ever found in one day so far. I think the rates are fine because recently I didn't find a single rare drop for several days.

arusiasotto
Jul 18, 2012, 11:39 PM
I've found 2 Gunslashes, and 4 Legacy Talis... I am a Hunter, go figure.

ALC
Jul 18, 2012, 11:53 PM
I think what needs to be considered is right now we only have access to hard mode and 9* items at the moment. Drops are somewhat common with these, but wait until 10*+ items come out (either with very hard or ultimate difficulties). I bet they will be very rare, and a lot more worthwhile.

Coatl
Jul 19, 2012, 12:11 AM
Oh my goodness I get SO MANY RARES! Take them all!
I've dropped maybe around 30 rares at minimum so far.

Just today I got both the Rappy Cannon, the *9 Assault rifle, and the other two less powerful *9 launchers.

swordmas720
Jul 19, 2012, 12:17 AM
Idk, I've been sort of lucky with rare drops, and been having no luck getting anything related to my class. Till today I got a rare drop off of some mines mobs.
[spoiler-box]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2414/partisan10.png[/spoiler-box]
And grinded it to +10...wut? lol

Daiyousei
Jul 19, 2012, 12:55 AM
I'm perfectly fine with the drop rate really, some days I'm lucky some days not.

All through open beta, and up to yesterday, I've only found 2 rares, but found 3 today, 2 in one run in fact.

KrankItVZ
Jul 19, 2012, 12:56 AM
Idk, I've been sort of lucky with rare drops, and been having no luck getting anything related to my class. Till today I got a rare drop off of some mines mobs.
[spoiler-box]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2414/partisan10.png[/spoiler-box]
And grinded it to +10...wut? lol

Damn you :( I cant even move on to level up as I screwed up and hit level 30 too fast... stuck at level cap quest

Xaton
Jul 19, 2012, 01:20 AM
ah i thought it was still in open beta XD as thats what it said in some the blogs that this was open beta not full release. XD

Macman
Jul 19, 2012, 07:07 AM
All I've ever found myself was 2 Ray Duplexes, 2 of that really shitty gunslash everyone has, a pink partisan, a photon launcher, and 2 rare armor units.

Everything else I've had to buy myself. I envy you people finding actually useful rares.

Edit: Oh, and a Vol Dragon Sword

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2012, 07:10 AM
The drop rates are horribad (for me at least). I've only found a few "good" rares, and none of them were even for my class (Hunter). Everything else I've gotten has been complete garbage. No idea how some o' these arse-wipes find every rare in the game, multiple times.

gigawuts
Jul 19, 2012, 07:13 AM
I think I'm finding way too many daylight scars in a day. That's my fourth. In a day.

And before anyone says that I should be happy I'm finding them, keep in mind that tekking each one is like 15k or more and they don't even sell for 4k in the player shops. But I need to be suuuure it's a daylight scar, it might be that bell card doohickey this time. Nope.

rabble rabble

Hrith
Jul 19, 2012, 07:32 AM
At the same time I think they should make rares drop more often, since this is only the second difficulty setting - I can't imagine rarity in the later ones - but at the same time it is great that we do not have to wait for said later difficulty settings to actually have rares (unlike PSO1, in which game only the last difficulty setting really dropped good items).

The weapon I find the most is Talis Legacy, I have found over ten, and I'm a ranger...

SaiKo
Jul 19, 2012, 07:50 AM
Eh. I'd say the drop-rates are too high considering we're only in Hard Mode, but the rares are so underwhelming (to put it exceptionally mildly) that I suppose that fits... Have probably found ~15 total so far and I don't actually do too much in-game, honestly.

Scale of Judgment
Jul 19, 2012, 07:55 AM
The rare drop rate maybe fine but I'm haunted by fukouda...

RocSage
Jul 19, 2012, 08:01 AM
Rares in PSO generally were found only in Very Hard Mode and Ultimate. Hard was very rare to get a rare. As far as I can tell the drop rates are a bit higher, but the higher modes aren't in so it somewhat feels lower because everyone expects rares at "Max" which we're not at yet.

KrankItVZ
Jul 19, 2012, 09:25 AM
I just hope the prices for items dont just bomb. Gunslashes are pretty much doomed, pink partisan is flooded, and wired lances are on its way to become like gunslashes. Swords on the other hand are way too expensive (ship 9 at least)

HFlowen
Jul 19, 2012, 09:29 AM
I'm sure they'll have the "impossible" rares.

What was the original drop rate on psycho wands? One in a bazillion from enemies that maybe popped up twice a run?

Crysteon
Jul 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
I haven't found many rares at all, but it's not something that worries me at the moment. Most self-proclaimed good rares can be easily beaten by generic 3*- 5* equipment with 50% attribute rate and +10 grinds....so, yeah...I dont feel like a bad player for not finding shit at all, but I have to admit it's worth making fun of those dicks with bullshit luck who think they do more damage than me with they sucky 10% and ungrinded rares.

eharima
Jul 19, 2012, 09:37 AM
my luck could always be better, but considering how many players there are, I guess its ok.
I can only speak for ship 2 ofc , idk about those othere ghost town markets

Alnet
Jul 19, 2012, 09:56 AM
I've found a Soul Eater, a Red Processor, and some vendor trash. Actually, I'm pretty sure Red Processor is vendor trash too, given the 3* Rod, which is much easier to find, beats it easily.

... I'm not sure I even have any "rares." What drop rate, exactly!?

Zyrusticae
Jul 19, 2012, 10:01 AM
Forget rares, I'm more concerned with the rates at which rappy suits show up in the scratch! I can NEVER get my hands on those damn things!

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2012, 10:16 AM
Forget rares, I'm more concerned with the rates at which rappy suits show up in the scratch! I can NEVER get my hands on those damn things!

I'll +1 that. They're awfully rare for being the 'most common' (1/2 a star) item in the scratch.

KrankItVZ
Jul 19, 2012, 10:41 AM
They seriously need to reduce the drop rate of those crappy "rares". I'm okay with the other stuff actually being hard to find with like a 0.XX% drop rate. Oh and the mine drops are going crazy on ship 9... Well good thing for me as it is the best partisan and it'll become cheap