PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Need Help - PSO2 won't start

redroses
Jul 19, 2012, 07:36 AM
Hello,

I really need help as on our new computer PSO2 won't launch after pressing the start button in the launcher, not even gameguard shows up.
I have read many topics were the problem was having windows 8, which we don't. I already tried reinstalling the game, running it as administrator and switching files from my laptop to the pc.

So, I am really at a loss now. If anybody has any help, tips or info I would be forever thankful!

Thank you very much in advance!

Muna
Aug 5, 2012, 08:05 AM
Did you solve it somehow? I have the same issue today. ><

Ezodagrom
Aug 5, 2012, 08:14 AM
Most likely it's the permissions problem, you might have to do this fot the files pso2.exe, pso2download.exe, pso2launcher.exe and pso2updater.exe.

This is for Windows 7, and possibly Vista:
Right click the application, go to properties, security tab, click edit, click add, click advanced, click locate now, double click your user in the list, click ok, click your user and click total control.

Muna
Aug 6, 2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks. Stranfgely, it was this case. How did it change the permissions, I dunno.

Ana-Chan
Aug 6, 2012, 10:50 AM
The updater has some known problems outside of Japan. This is because the programmers used locale dependent functionality to check the permissions.
There is different levels of problems though. Some people have no issues, some have permission changes and some have files deleting themselves. But there is one guarantee, Windows set completely to Japanese is unaffected on a completely clean install (no game directory, no SEGA directory existing in Documents). English normally seems to have no problems on a completely clean install.
The people who write these games can assume certain behaviour, and that is where the problems are (but then again, a game that has only been released in the Japanese market assuming some Japanese things isn't that surprising.)