PDA

View Full Version : Reporting multi accounters?

Leyline
Jul 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
While playing multi party games I keep finding players who have 1-3 characters following their own. Interestingly enough they aren't trying to hide it as all the characters use the same screen name.

Play one character do not join multi games with a bunch of alts following so you get 4x the items. Follow should of never been added to PSO.

Should I report these players?

ScottyMango
Jul 19, 2012, 05:56 PM
Pretty sure those are just NPCs...

But I donno about the whole same name thing.

Leyline
Jul 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
Pretty sure those are just NPCs...

But I donno about the whole same name thing.

lol....no I'm talking about actual players who have alternate accounts, all account names the same different character names, following each other in a chain.

NPC has a symbol next to it's name.

Inazuma
Jul 19, 2012, 05:58 PM
Is it against the rules to have more than one account?

ScottyMango
Jul 19, 2012, 05:59 PM
I don't think it is, lol, and I'm pretty sure all these guys you see are doing is bringing bot of their friends/their other characters.

Oh, no symbol? Well still, this sounds exactly the same as bringing NPCs, so whats so wrong with it?

Daiyousei
Jul 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
Pretty sure you're allowed more than one account, other MMO platforms allow that as well, provided that you're not dual clienting with them.

Leyline
Jul 19, 2012, 06:05 PM
It's the same people using multiple accounts in a multi-party. They take up 3 of the spaces without even playing, 3 characters following around not attacking. Then every 20 mins they stop, switch the follow chain and pick up items on other characters and repeat.

It's really annoying and trashes multi party games in my opinion.

Lostbob117
Jul 19, 2012, 06:10 PM
How do you follow someone without being at keyboard?

Blackheart521
Jul 19, 2012, 06:11 PM
How do you follow someone without being at keyboard?

double tap V is auto follow

Lostbob117
Jul 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
Oh, well I have muti accs but one is on ship2 and one is on ship10, so don't report me. :l

HFlowen
Jul 19, 2012, 06:18 PM
But wouldn't you spend 4x the time switching to each character and getting his drops?

How would you even transfer goods between them?

Ceresa
Jul 19, 2012, 06:21 PM
It has no more effect on your multiparty experience than some guy running with 3 npcs.

And seeing as the only way to really benefit from this setup is to premium every single account so you can actually move the extra profit around, it's in Sega's best interest to not give a shit about the bitter tears of peasants with one pc.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 19, 2012, 06:21 PM
Yeah, you couldn't report them anyway. No, I'm not just saying this because I have two accounts. I'm saying this because in SoJ's Term of Service, there's is nothing which states a player will be banned for having multiple accounts.

The only thing that comes remotely close to this, which is a similar rule in 99% of the other MMOs out there, is the rule which states:

"One player may not be allowed to run client more than once or receive consequence for action"

i.e. don't dual client and you'll be fine

Nothing about having multiple accounts.

HectorSirdam
Jul 19, 2012, 07:26 PM
What does it even matter if they aren't directly hurting you or the game?

eharima
Jul 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
sounds like a pain in the ass to do if im honest.
and the fact all 4 accounts would have to be premium to trade or, wait untill all got FUN scratch 3 day shop passes to sell the items.

they are either paying to keep the server up or playing the hard long winded way imo,
no way can one guy with 4 clients be more efficent than a 12p multiparty mines 10min PSE burst.

anyway I thing you're Q_Q'ing over nothing, its free to play anyway who cares.

Anima!
Jul 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
Those are only NPCs.

But i find pretty retarded the fact to report people that did no harm to you or someone else just because of breaking a rule, get a life.

Zari
Jul 19, 2012, 09:19 PM
Those are only NPCs.

But i find pretty retarded the fact to report people that did no harm to you or someone else just because of breaking a rule, get a life.

Funny thing is, it isn't breaking a rule unless the person is dual clienting

KrankItVZ
Jul 19, 2012, 09:31 PM
Whats the point anyways. If they can't trade theres no benefit so we can assume they are Premium users. I'm sure SEGA will not bat an eye on someone spending money on their game

Skye-Fox713
Jul 19, 2012, 09:32 PM
Funny thing is, it isn't breaking a rule unless the person is dual clienting

There's a rule that you can't run 2 pso2 clients on the same pc? I don't think its even possible to run 2 pso2 clients on the same pc, and I don't think there's a rule against multiple accounts.

Galax
Jul 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
To those saying it's just NPCs, I'm pretty sure the OP said there was no symbol that indicates them as NPCs.

On topic, it's all been said already: They can't make a profit off of it, at least not easily, and it's not affecting you or anyone else adversely. If anything, it's adversely affecting THEM, because they'll have to spend a decent bit of cash to premium all their accounts before they can make any kind of profit.

AlMcFly
Jul 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
The real question is "why the hell do you care?" It effects you in no way.

KrankItVZ
Jul 19, 2012, 09:44 PM
There's a rule that you can't run 2 pso2 clients on the same pc? I don't think its even possible to run 2 pso2 clients on the same pc, and I don't think there's a rule against multiple accounts.

Think its limited to one Client opened at a time. For me I can run about 3 accounts at once as I have many computers but what the hell is the point. I'm not playing as a Premium so the other stuff are pointless

oifjustus
Jul 19, 2012, 09:45 PM
As long as its not 4 instances of the game open on one pc. Nothing you can do about it lol.

AlMcFly
Jul 19, 2012, 09:46 PM
Besides, being an English player, aren't you risking your own account by reporting it to SoJ?

Halcyote
Jul 19, 2012, 09:49 PM
they aren't going to risk their account.

but they won't respond to it unless it's been reported in japanese.

ps0k1d
Jul 19, 2012, 09:52 PM
Well I mean did you talk to the guy? What makes you think it is the exact same person? Could just be a guy and his buddies going "Okay we'll all follow you now while you kill everything then we trade off every so often". They could be power levling each other or something. The same name thing may be just a coincidence. Either way not a big deal, and there is 12 spots in a multi party. So if they are ruining it for you, you can always start a separate one. :)

KrankItVZ
Jul 19, 2012, 09:54 PM
Why does it matter! Even if you find one of them in a multi party map all they would do is just reduce the chances of a Cross/ PSE burst

Mike
Jul 19, 2012, 10:02 PM
There's a rule that you can't run 2 pso2 clients on the same pc?
Scanning through the rules (http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/), I don't see anything that expressly forbids it but I may have overlooked it.

UnLucky
Jul 19, 2012, 10:10 PM
Why is everyone saying they all need premium? Sure, if an alt finds a rare, there's no way to trade it, but they can still vendor everything and buy stuff from the main account.

Besides, there's the increased mob spawns for exp and drops so it's already a net gain without even managing the alts.

Leyline
Jul 19, 2012, 10:34 PM
It's pretty obvious that it is 1 person playing all 4 accounts, never 2 moving at same time. Runs to end of chain hits follow, resumes next character shortly after.

As for the people saying how does this affect you, I'm wondering if you are even being serious.

One player just picking up items on 4 accounts is just wasting everyone elses time.

Me and a few other players left the game and the same guy ended up in our next game shortly after. Just looking for multi-party games to leech from.

Ship 7's population isn't as large as Ship 2 can't ignore someone stalking games in the 3-7am range JST

KrankItVZ
Jul 19, 2012, 10:37 PM
Why is everyone saying they all need premium? Sure, if an alt finds a rare, there's no way to trade it, but they can still vendor everything and buy stuff from the main account.

Besides, there's the increased mob spawns for exp and drops so it's already a net gain without even managing the alts.

Assuming that the main account has a My Shop

Galax
Jul 19, 2012, 11:24 PM
It's pretty obvious that it is 1 person playing all 4 accounts, never 2 moving at same time. Runs to end of chain hits follow, resumes next character shortly after.

As for the people saying how does this affect you, I'm wondering if you are even being serious.

One player just picking up items on 4 accounts is just wasting everyone elses time.

Me and a few other players left the game and the same guy ended up in our next game shortly after. Just looking for multi-party games to leech from.

Ship 7's population isn't as large as Ship 2 can't ignore someone stalking games in the 3-7am range JST

I'd agree with you on the "one player just picking up items on four accounts" thing, except that as far as I've seen, the item drop system is like PSZeros - every screen is a different drop. So, I pick up a trimate in a run. You know what? You can pick up that same greenbox. It might not even be a trimate on yours, for all I know, but that doesn't affect me because I didn't take it out from under you - as so often happened in PSO and PSU, where you just killed a mob and some leecher charges in, snagging a rare at your feet while you heal. You get a healing item, I get a healing item, the guy with four accounts gets healing items - so he gets one on each account, big deal. If you're upset that he's ending up in your multiparties, perhaps you should take the time and switch blocks - there ARE over forty of them.

Leyline
Jul 19, 2012, 11:43 PM
I'd agree with you on the "one player just picking up items on four accounts" thing, except that as far as I've seen, the item drop system is like PSZeros - every screen is a different drop. So, I pick up a trimate in a run. You know what? You can pick up that same greenbox. It might not even be a trimate on yours, for all I know, but that doesn't affect me because I didn't take it out from under you - as so often happened in PSO and PSU, where you just killed a mob and some leecher charges in, snagging a rare at your feet while you heal. You get a healing item, I get a healing item, the guy with four accounts gets healing items - so he gets one on each account, big deal. If you're upset that he's ending up in your multiparties, perhaps you should take the time and switch blocks - there ARE over forty of them.

I'm aware of how the drop system works in this game, and that has nothing to do with the point. The point is players are wasting a bunch of slots and just leeching off multi party runs with full teams of their own accounts.

Instead of telling me I don't understand how the game works maybe I should explain exactly what these people are doing.
Items don't disappear so when a multi party is circling a map it's pretty simple run a circle switch train lead, pick up on that screen switch train lead. So each pass you are picking up 4 passes worth of items on that character. Just FYI you can even leave a game completely rejoin the same one your items will still be there.

With 4 wasted slots in a party PSE/Crossburst etc.. rate drops considerably.

As for switching servers...
On ship 7 during late night JST time everyone goes to the same block to keep things running, the rest of the blocks all drop to 10% population and really aren't suitable for multi party play unless you have that many friends online. In order to find a full party I would literally have to go through 20-30 blocks. Seems like a much better idea to report players doing this.

Arika
Jul 19, 2012, 11:45 PM
Players will blacklist and not allow them to join their room later on anyway, when they found out how people are putting useless space in multiple party zone.

For example, it is common nowadays that players who start up multiple party roaming room will start up with comment of "no NPC" and if the person who join in has NPC, then they all will blacklist him so that person will not be able to join later on.

Bring multiple character if nobody play = even worse.

Leyline
Jul 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
Players will blacklist and not allow them to join their room later on anyway, when they found out how people are putting useless space in multiple party zone.

For example, it is common nowadays that players who start up multiple party roaming room will start up with comment of "no NPC" and if the person who join in has NPC, then they all will blacklist him so that person will not be able to join later on.

Blacklisting people who do this will prevent them from joining multi parties that I'm in?

velocity7
Jul 20, 2012, 12:00 AM

What if the person had joined the said multiparty area through launching immediately instead of picking that specific multiparty group? Wouldn't that be discriminating against those who play with NPCs then?

Leyline
Jul 20, 2012, 12:03 AM
I don't know how they run the parties on Ship 2, but when I run them on ship 7 I set a password then title the game.

Multi pass=1

Then people have to put 1 to join.

Elmera
Jul 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
Not worth it in this game really, the leech accounts are just ruining the Burst, also with what you would have to spend in premium to trade you could just buy scratch and sell the items you get in the player shop and get better money. Maybe if they have some sort of macro picking up items and sending them to bank it is worth it, but then there's not much you can do about that it's on Sega to detect and ban it.

Basically sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

AlMcFly
Jul 20, 2012, 12:18 AM
Again, who cares? Switch blocks or multi-parties. You join multi-parties for the same reason of leeching higher experience. So what if you help a little. You aren't crucial to the multiparty's survival. You guys mow over mobs like a fly-swatter destroys a fly. You're just pissed that you're doing hard (yeah right) work and others are getting the benefit of it?

Topics like this remind me of that old lady next door who spies into their neighbors back yard and calls the police once a week b/c they may not be treating their dog like royalty. I'm seeing an awful lot of assumptions being made as to the business of one potential multi-accounter. Get over it.

Arika
Jul 20, 2012, 12:26 AM
Nowadays the first multiparty lock the room but give password out in comment. It is why u see room lock often. Basically the ppl who state party immediately will not go to that party. Only ppl who read comment and learn password can join

Skye-Fox713
Jul 20, 2012, 12:34 AM
Scanning through the rules (http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/), I don't see anything that expressly forbids it but I may have overlooked it.

I dought that there is there, but its more of a thing that some players think that multi-boxing is against the TOA when it isn't. That's why some people think multi-boxing is cheating in a way but it's really not. Also as some one sated earlier the way pso2 works it only allows one client to be running at a time on a computer, so you would need multiple pc's to make it possible and it's not really that eficent to do anyways.

For example every so often on the WoW forums you will get someone raging about a 40 man multi-boxer ie. one man controlling 40 characters and there are videos of him soloing Alteric Vally and winning and even holding the stormwind trade district for an hour. He even has a web site here - http://ragewhispers.com/ - and a lot of people think it's cheating and they don't like it. The guy could be shelling out $60 a month or more depending on how many active accounts the multiboxer has active.

Arika
Jul 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
Yes it is not against rule, but ppl will still hate them for waste their multi slot. Make their burst weaker and slower progress. Npc is much better than an alt account with no one play

Mike
Jul 20, 2012, 01:07 AM
lso as some one sated earlier the way pso2 works it only allows one client to be running at a time on a computer,
Yeah, I was thinking about that when I went out to get lunch today. So while dragging a party full of alts around behind you may not be against the rules, going around the restrictions that normally prevent you from running multiple copies of the game on one computer would be. That's kind of hard to prove as another player though.

Yes it is not against rule, but ppl will still hate them for waste their multi slot. Make their burst weaker and slower progress. Npc is much better than an alt account with no one play
Thing is that by bring four alts that are not NPCs, he wasn't wasting MPA slots. The game treats the alts as other player characters and spawns monsters as such. They wouldn't be helping attack but the ultimate goal of getting more monsters spawned and thus getting more drops is achieved.

Xaton
Jul 20, 2012, 01:08 AM
wont have to worry about me doing that has barey knows how to make a party LOL or add in npcs XD

BogusKun
Jul 20, 2012, 01:41 AM
Had a guy "Auto-Follow" me with the Double-Tap-V feature.

I noticed it right away. He has a full team and must've thought I was going to keep him alive and safe.

Boy was he wrong.

The big Ant boss in the Desert Code:Duel right out of no where and I telepiped out and came back to see his team get eaten alive. Then I laughed at him and told him I will NOT revive him, and I will kill the boss alone. Which I and 2 random players bumping into me did in 3 minutes. We went into Arks City afterwards. It was awesome.

ScottyMango
Jul 20, 2012, 01:44 AM
That's actually kinda dick. Why wouldn't you just give the guy some help?

AlMcFly
Jul 20, 2012, 02:21 AM
Had a guy "Auto-Follow" me with the Double-Tap-V feature.

I noticed it right away. He has a full team and must've thought I was going to keep him alive and safe.

Boy was he wrong.

The big Ant boss in the Desert Code:Duel right out of no where and I telepiped out and came back to see his team get eaten alive. Then I laughed at him and told him I will NOT revive him, and I will kill the boss alone. Which I and 2 random players bumping into me did in 3 minutes. We went into Arks City afterwards. It was awesome.

I actually think that is pretty funny. The least he could do is ask you if he can place you on follow for a bit. If he did and you agreed to keep him safe, it's still kind of funny but also a dick move haha.

Arika
Jul 20, 2012, 02:38 AM
Thing is that by bring four alts that are not NPCs, he wasn't wasting MPA slots. The game treats the alts as other player characters and spawns monsters as such. They wouldn't be helping attack but the ultimate goal of getting more monsters spawned and thus getting more drops is achieved.

Things is that those people are waste on helping killing X-burst monsters/defend crystal, and fail code avoid still, and I would choose to have 12 people playing rather than have those in. And I think the same apply to those people who lock their room and give password for reader to get in. They do this to make sure 12 slots is not waste.

I don't mind afkers tho, for those who had emergency or need to do something for 5-10 min while auto follow is alright. It is different when players come in area with intention to just auto-follow it only. Or bring 2-3 alt characters that won't be able to do anything but auto-follow.

Some good players who only do this while the room is rising from 4/12 to 10/12 = okay. But when it is 12/12, they rather free slot to have a real players in, instead of being greedy to get 4x loot by himself while slow down every other in the room.

BogusKun
Jul 20, 2012, 02:39 AM

I actually think that is pretty funny. The least he could do is ask you if he can place you on follow for a bit. If he did and you agreed to keep him safe, it's still kind of funny but also a dick move haha.

He was auto-following a teammate of mine through the ENTIRE desert free field. He didn't ask. He had a Japanese name in Katakana... but did not understand Japanese. He did respond to me in English through a 30 second back-forth conversation. Then he stopped talking. My teammate left the stage back to the ship, and I told him I was alone (yeah right)...

He deserved it for not being courteous and leeching free, undeserving EXP from my teammate. So I gave him a little of taste of Corporal Punishment the only way my dear Yscariot knows how, he didn't need the Duel X Duel exp that was coming.

You should protect your integrity by stomping out losers like him. KTHXBAI

Say hi to me on Ship 2 btw... Yscariot. The only highest entity. (^_^)

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 02:42 AM
I was going to say he might have just gone to answer the phone and double tapping V was a faster option than setting a pipe and going to it, but it sounds like he was leeching.

And then, honestly, why does that even matter? You directly benefit from him being there. Why is that a problem? Principal? I'm not bothered if someone leeches experience, or even loot, and since I directly benefit from his mere presence...

Arika
Jul 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
He was auto-following a teammate of mine through the ENTIRE desert free field. He didn't ask. He had a Japanese name in Katakana... but did not understand Japanese. He did respond to me in English through a 30 second back-forth conversation. Then he stopped talking. My teammate left the stage back to the ship, and I told him I was alone (yeah right)...

He deserved it for not being courteous and leeching free, undeserving EXP from my teammate. So I gave him a little of taste of Corporal Punishment the only way my dear Yscariot knows how, he didn't need the Duel X Duel exp that was coming.

Dick move? So what!? I got a big dick, so I make big moves. You should protect your integrity by stomping out losers like him. KTHXBAI

Say hi to me on Ship 2 btw... Yscariot. The only highest entity. (^_^)

^
^
^
Japanese name but not understand Japanese? either someone around here or Chinese then. I met a Chinese players who came with 3 AI in the room that is already 8/12. At first I thought he plan to go boss, but then he keep roaming around with other players. Obviously, some JP players start to dislike it and tell him to get NPC out. but he keep quite until I talk to him in English, then he reply back in Chinese simplify letter..

Dan Maku
Jul 20, 2012, 02:45 AM

Clogging up space with auto-follow alts is a bigger dick move. He deserved to be eaten by a sandworm.

BogusKun
Jul 20, 2012, 02:49 AM
^
^
^
Japanese name but not understand Japanese? either someone around here or Chinese then. I met a Chinese players who came with 3 AI in the room that is already 8/12. At first I thought he plan to go boss, but then he keep roaming around with other players. Obviously, some JP players start to dislike it and tell him to get NPC out. but he keep quite until I talk to him in English, then he reply back in Chinese simplify letter..

His name was written in Hiragana, not in Kanji. In addition to speaking some Japanese, I also know Chinese and Korean. His english was perfect up until my teammate told him to stop Auto-Following. It was all on purpose because I left to FF/Desert/A3 and he turned around and AF'd my teammate. That's when I pretended to continue grinding the stage and I was like "going to the boss"... and WOW THE BOSS SUDDENLY APPEARS.

All I could say in public chat was... "OH HELL YEA!"

Funniest thing ever to happen.

Sp-24
Jul 20, 2012, 02:53 AM
Some people are REALLY upset over not being able to suck off exp. and items, it seems.

BogusKun
Jul 20, 2012, 02:57 AM
Some people are REALLY upset over not being able to suck off exp. and items, it seems.

What was more amazing is that PSO2 allows you to gain full EXP in proximity of defeated enemies whether you're on a team or going solo.

In the original Online series, you had to have struck the enemy once to gain EXP.

AlMcFly
Jul 20, 2012, 03:04 AM
In the original Online series, you had to have struck the enemy once to gain EXP.

Not only strike but at least do 1 point of HP damage. This was a hassle if you were slightly lower level or just had gimped weaponry.

moorebounce
Jul 20, 2012, 06:00 AM
Not only strike but at least do 1 point of HP damage. This was a hassle if you were slightly lower level or just had gimped weaponry.

They must have changed it because I know in Blue Burst you could get zeros and still get the exp from the enemies.

Arika
Jul 20, 2012, 08:14 AM

During PSU era, they still use that system, but then there were a lot of voice complain about how FO and RA have advantage to gain exp from all mob more than Hu classes that has to walk around to tag every mob. Further more, that kind of game-play make team play organize to tag everything + care for killer blow, rather than efficient in clearing. So they change it later on handle version I think. Well, another point is that we have MPA zone here that every mob died by AoE pretty quickly. If the system where you need to tag every monsters before killing them is implement then it gonna cause chaos and all the more problem about each party hate each other for taking exp. (and HU would got problem again that he couldn't even touch enemy before they all wiped out from 11x Ra/FO AoE) (Imagine the X-burst time)

So I think that current system is already good and suitable for this MPA system. Only problem exist in people mind. They gonna act like a leech or they gonna act like a real-man/real-girl.

I ll say it again though, if it is in emergency that you need to do something in RL such as phone/ toilet. then it is fine to auto-follow and afk a bit. In that case it won't make you a bad player, since that is the reason SEGA make the auto-follow for. it is for you to not split up from team and died while being afk (and for keyboard users to be able to chat while walking), and by auto-follow = as Mike just said. It also help team-mate a little bit by the aspect of "trigger more code, spawn more mob" Since the game treat AFK as one player still.